Thoughts on Patrick Laird

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
DynastyDabbler
Role Player
Role Player

Thoughts on Patrick Laird

Postby DynastyDabbler » Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:59 am

Curious on what your thoughts are about Patrick Laird. He caught my eye during my pre draft research, kind of gave me a CMC vibe. I hoped he would land in Carolina and backup CMC but he ended up in Miami instead. I drafted Gaskin and kinda forgot about him until now. Laird has had a strong preseason and made some clutch plays. I really like what I've seen. Is he just a preseason player or could he possibly leap past Gaskin on the depth chart? At this point I don't mind giving him a roster spot.
10 team half-ppr 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 2FLX 3IDP
QB: J. Burrow, J. Goff
RB: J. Mixon, K. Walker, T. Etienne, A. Ekeler, Z. Charbonet, K. Miller, T. Bigsby, J. Warren,
WR: J. Chase, D.J. Moore, D.K. Metcalf, D. Smith, J. Smith-Njigba, P. Nacua, J. Meyers, T. Palmer,
TE: T. Kelce, T. McBride, C. Okonkwo

sugbear65
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Thoughts on Patrick Laird

Postby sugbear65 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:08 am

I don’t much about the kid, can’t say I’ve seen much on him past the preseason games so I’m not equipped to discuss his potential or talent level. I will say though, if I’m going DEEP dive to try and pull up a sleeper from the depths, Miami is not the kind of offense I’d be targeting for that. I doubt the 1st guy on the RB chart is able to stay fantasy relevant so the 5th guy holds little appeal to me.
I guess on the flip side, if he’s at all as talented as you hope, it wouldn’t be a very tough depth chart to climb.