Preston Williams Hype Train

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Ice
Legend
Legend

Re: Preston Williams Hype Train

Postby Ice » Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:05 pm

Expect them to draft a QB then inside out with lineman leading the way. But having said that they need their BPA with all picks.

Almost impossible to win without quality line play.

Pretty sure they have a 3 year plan.

Wr is the least of their concerns but they will draft one if one falls in their lap.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:20 pm

I still don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that they take Chase Young over a QB, and then focus on OL, then take a QB in 2021. WR though is definitely going to be low on the priority list due to all there other needs at more important positions for a rebuilding team, and given that it is a position of relative strength for them in comparison to the rest of the roster. The biggest threat to Preston's job security is Preston himself, needs to keep his nose clean and stay out of trouble.

Forza_Azzurri
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Forza_Azzurri » Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:46 pm

bjd5211 wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:20 pm I still don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that they take Chase Young over a QB, and then focus on OL, then take a QB in 2021. WR though is definitely going to be low on the priority list due to all there other needs at more important positions for a rebuilding team, and given that it is a position of relative strength for them in comparison to the rest of the roster. The biggest threat to Preston's job security is Preston himself, needs to keep his nose clean and stay out of trouble.
If they had a decent owner, I’d agree with you. But Miami has to put butts in the seats and create some sort of interest in the franchise. I live in South Florida. I’m not a Phins fan, but I’m not a hater either. Right now, the Pats, Giants & Jets have bigger fan bases down here. There’s no way they don’t pick a QB first next year even though Young is the best choice.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:22 pm

If there's a QB there that they truly love and believe in, then ya that's the right choice obviously. But how many times have we seen young QBs come in with no support on the roster (primarily OL to protect him and Defense to take pressure off him) and just implode? Or teams take a QB that obviously isn't anything special, but they "needed" a QB so much they drafted a obviously shaky option? Now this QB class looks pretty good at the top, but Chase Young is special and so are 2 QBs potentially coming out in '21 (Lawrence, Fields). They would be so much better off in the long run and be competitive sooner if they got all the support pieces in place for a young QB BEFORE he gets there, than subjecting him to being killed by a bad OL and getting no help from his defense. Plus it could give them a chance to really look at Rosen after he finally gets a 2nd year in a system and is on a more competent roster, he's been given no chance to succeed since he entered the league and obviously he's looked terrible because of it.

Ultimately you're right, it comes down to ownership and how much of a leash Grier and Flores truly have. It's just frustrating to watch these franchises continuously shoot themselves in the foot by trying to turn themselves around overnight when just a little more patience would get them on the right track. What do the Dolphins really have to lose anyway, they've been terrible for years because they keep doing the same thing over and over. Try something new.

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:42 pm

bjd5211 wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:22 pm If there's a QB there that they truly love and believe in, then ya that's the right choice obviously. But how many times have we seen young QBs come in with no support on the roster (primarily OL to protect him and Defense to take pressure off him) and just implode? Or teams take a QB that obviously isn't anything special, but they "needed" a QB so much they drafted a obviously shaky option? Now this QB class looks pretty good at the top, but Chase Young is special and so are 2 QBs potentially coming out in '21 (Lawrence, Fields). They would be so much better off in the long run and be competitive sooner if they got all the support pieces in place for a young QB BEFORE he gets there, than subjecting him to being killed by a bad OL and getting no help from his defense. Plus it could give them a chance to really look at Rosen after he finally gets a 2nd year in a system and is on a more competent roster, he's been given no chance to succeed since he entered the league and obviously he's looked terrible because of it.

Ultimately you're right, it comes down to ownership and how much of a leash Grier and Flores truly have. It's just frustrating to watch these franchises continuously shoot themselves in the foot by trying to turn themselves around overnight when just a little more patience would get them on the right track. What do the Dolphins really have to lose anyway, they've been terrible for years because they keep doing the same thing over and over. Try something new.
Idk if the management has turned over or not, but they gave Tannehill years before they ran him out of town. I think Rosen deserves a real shot at being the starter
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:34 am

williams already looked like a polished vet running routes this season. no way he's not in their plans moving forward.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:32 am

bjd5211 wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:20 pm I still don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that they take Chase Young over a QB, and then focus on OL, then take a QB in 2021. WR though is definitely going to be low on the priority list due to all there other needs at more important positions for a rebuilding team, and given that it is a position of relative strength for them in comparison to the rest of the roster. The biggest threat to Preston's job security is Preston himself, needs to keep his nose clean and stay out of trouble.
Probably need 1.1 to get him. He would be a great pic. I like their coach but not sure how much input he will have.

Who knows for sure at this point.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:19 am

Ice wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:32 am
Probably need 1.1 to get him. He would be a great pic. I like their coach but not sure how much input he will have.

I think with the teams that are in the Hunt for 1.1, a QB will go first. Dolphins, Bengals will go QB IMO. If the Jets get 1.01, or the Skins, I could see Young going first. If you are a team that doesn't have a franchise QB, I don't see how you can pass on a guy like Tua for a DE.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Shcritters
MVP
MVP

Postby Shcritters » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:51 am

If the team that gets the 1.01 already has a franchise QB (ie, Jets), I would be very surprised if they don’t trade back for a haul from a team that needs a QB. Young is going to be good, but the teams in the realm of 1.01 need way more than 1 player to be good. Best to trade back for a couple 1sts and build over time.

But that’s the slow route... and sometimes teams aren’t patient enough to go that way.
Gopher Two
PPR SF, WR & TE Premium (WR 1.2 PPR , TE 1.5 PPR), 10 total starters, 1 QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Mahomes, Prescott, Mayfield
RB: Hall, Pacheco, Jacobs, Connor, Chubb, Mattison
WR: Tyreek, AJ Brown, Flowers, CSutton, JJeudy, Slayton, Iosivas
TE: McBride, DSchultz, Musgrave, Kraft, MGesicki
2024: 1.02, 2.02
2022 and 2023 League Champ

SafeLeague #1 (12 team, SF, 2.0 PPR TE Prem). 10 total starters 1 QB, 1SF (QB/TE/RB/WR), 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Purdy, Levis, DTR
RB: Pacheco + scrubs
WR: Downs, MMims, EMoore, Jeudy, MWilson + scrubs
TE: Hock, Kincaid, Pitts, Mayer + scrubs
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.11, 2.01, 2.02, 2.06,
2025: 2 1sts, 2 2nds

SafeLeague #2
QB: Purdy, Richardson, Hooker, Willis
RB: literal ZERO RB (for now)
WR: Mingo, MMims, Toney, Skyy, Iosivas
TE: LaPorta, Kincaid, McBride, Mayer, Musgrave, Schoonmaker (and a bunch more 2nd stringers)
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.06, 1.08, 1.09, 1.10, 2.01, 2.05, 2.06
2025: 1 1st, 1 2nd

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:54 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:19 am

I think with the teams that are in the Hunt for 1.1, a QB will go first. Dolphins, Bengals will go QB IMO. If the Jets get 1.01, or the Skins, I could see Young going first. If you are a team that doesn't have a franchise QB, I don't see how you can pass on a guy like Tua for a DE.
Well part of my argument for it is I think Tua's being over rated as a prospect, I don't think he's the generational prospect many are making him out to be. I think Burrow is the #1 QB in this class.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:39 pm

bjd5211 wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:54 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:19 am

Well part of my argument for it is I think Tua's being over rated as a prospect, I don't think he's the generational prospect many are making him out to be. I think Burrow is the #1 QB in this class.
Then Burrow. My point is if you believe one of these QB's is a franchise level QB, you cannot pass on him for a DE, even if that player is supposedly the best prospect. I don't think anyone would fault the Cards taking Kyler over Bosa right now. I have not watched a ton of Burrow, but one thing I did not like about him was his lack of tightness on his spiral. That worked for Peyton, though. I think Tua is a very good prospect. Better than any that came out last year. I need to delve into Burrow more, before I can make any sort of educated comment about his game.

Also, as of now, it looks like Chase young will get a 4 game ban. He's best to sit out the rest of the year, like Bosa did. He's got nothing to gain by playing again this year. NCAA is so corrupt. They make Billions off these players, but suspend a guy for taking a loan from a family friend so he could fly his girlfriend to the Rose Bowl. Chase Young should do the smart thing and be done with the NCAA, and focus on getting ready for the combine.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:57 pm

Well I did say higher up that if they truly love and see a bigtime franchise QB in this class, then yes they should obviously take him. If they go through their evaluations and for whatever don't believe there is a special guy though, they should take Young rather than settling for a QB they aren't in love with just because he's a QB. Taking the wrong QB is far more detrimental long-term than just not taking one at all. Chase Young is a truly special prospect at the 2nd most valuable position and pairing him with last years 1st rounder Christian Wilkins would give them a very formidable young DL to build their defense out from. Getting the strong supporting cast in place for a young QB to be able to step in to and thrive right away will get them where they want to go faster than dropping a QB into a roster with little support.

As for your comment about Young not ppaying again in college, completely agree, he can't do anything to improve his draft stock on the field anyway. He'll probably come back if they are in the Playoff which is fine, but I really wouldn't care if he just dropped out today and declared for the draft and neither would NFL evaluators.

jman3134
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jman3134 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:05 pm

What is the story with him in his sophomore season? He is not getting targeted with ample opportunity out there. What gives?
12 team, 35 man rosters, 1/2 PPR, 10 round rookie/FA draft
Qb: Geno Smith, Matthew Stafford, Trey Lance
Rb: Jonathan Taylor, Joe Mixon, Austin Ekeler, Saquon Barkley, Cam Akers, Isiah Pacheco, Jeff Wilson, Chase Edmonds, Pierre Strong, Jordan Mason, Jaleel McLaughlin
Wr: DeAndre Hopkins, Mike Evans, Diontae Johnson, Darnell Mooney, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Jakobi Meyers, Laviska Shenault, Donovan Peoples-Jones, Denzel Mims, Richie James, Michael Wilson, Demario Douglas, Trent Sherfield
Te: George Kittle, Darren Waller, Taysom Hill, Isaiah Likely
K:
D: Dallas D

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:08 pm

jman3134 wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:05 pm What is the story with him in his sophomore season? He is not getting targeted with ample opportunity out there. What gives?
Poor efficiency last year. He's not a separator, and maybe the knee is affecting him. He tore his ACL less than a year ago.

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:36 am

Isaiah Ford surpassed Preston Williams in both routes and target share in week 4.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Downs, Mims, Douglas, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.08, 1.14