Preston Williams Hype Train

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
SoftwoodGrampian
Role Player
Role Player
Posts: 274
Joined: Thu May 24, 2018 3:46 pm

Re: Preston Williams Hype Train

Postby SoftwoodGrampian » Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:45 am

It may help me, but not PW

User avatar
Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro
Posts: 1759
Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:27 pm

Re: Preston Williams Hype Train

Postby Blueboy » Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:31 am

His catch/target ratio through the first two weeks comes with the caveat of having been shadowed by arguably the two best corners in the league. He doesn't look completely back from the ACL tear, though.

12-team SF, PPR, IDP
1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1SF 4Flex
QB: Wilson, Brees, Minshew, Winston, Rosen
RB: J. Taylor, CEH, Ingram, Dillon, Penny, Henderson
WR: Metcalf, Woods, AJG, Kirk, Hardman, Isabella, Campbell, Hamler, JJAW
TE: Andrews, Njoku, Asiasi, Moreau, Trautman

DL: J. Bosa, JJ Watt, J. Allen, Ferrell, Epinesa, Houston
LB: T. Edmunds, Kendricks, Mosley, T. Lewis, A. Williamson
DB: J. Adams, K. Neal, Amos, McDougald, Thornhill

Bronco Billy
Role Player
Role Player
Posts: 497
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:12 am

Re: Preston Williams Hype Train

Postby Bronco Billy » Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:50 pm

Blueboy wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:31 am
His catch/target ratio through the first two weeks comes with the caveat of having been shadowed by arguably the two best corners in the league. He doesn't look completely back from the ACL tear, though.
Yeah, he’s still less than a year removed from the injury. This looks like hold and a wait and see to me. He came an awfully long way to go from an UDFA to MIA’s WR1 last season to simply give up on him.

Jigga94
Degenerate
Degenerate
Posts: 8702
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:38 pm

Re: Preston Williams Hype Train

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:08 pm

3 for 74 so far
2QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, FLEX - PPR - [b]14 Keepers[/b]
QB: Mahomes, J. Allen, Baker, D. Jones
RB: JT, Mostert (IR), Gaskin (IR), Dillon, Ingram, Mattison, Scott, McKissic
WR: Tyreek, DJM, Jeudy, Hollywood, Cooks, Mims, Hardman, Preston (IR), Parris (IR)
TE: Andrews, Fant, Henry
2021: 1.05-1.10, 2, 3

2QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 3FLEX - PPR - [b]20 Keepers[/b]
QB: Mahomes, Ryan, Mullens, Luton, Minshew (IR)
RB: Saquon (IR), Jacobs, Dobbins, Hunt, Penny (IR)
WR: AJB, DJM, Chark, Ruggs, Hardman, Mike Will, C. Davis, C. Samuel, Mooney, Lazard, J. Washington
TE: Andrews, Henry, Gesicki, Irv, Tonyan
2021: 1.03-1.06, 2, 2, 3, 3
2022: 1, 1, 2, 3, 3

Jigga94
Degenerate
Degenerate
Posts: 8702
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:38 pm

Re: Preston Williams Hype Train

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:13 pm

Jigga94 wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:08 pm
3 for 74 so far
4/106/1TD I hope no one sold for nothing...
2QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, FLEX - PPR - [b]14 Keepers[/b]
QB: Mahomes, J. Allen, Baker, D. Jones
RB: JT, Mostert (IR), Gaskin (IR), Dillon, Ingram, Mattison, Scott, McKissic
WR: Tyreek, DJM, Jeudy, Hollywood, Cooks, Mims, Hardman, Preston (IR), Parris (IR)
TE: Andrews, Fant, Henry
2021: 1.05-1.10, 2, 3

2QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 3FLEX - PPR - [b]20 Keepers[/b]
QB: Mahomes, Ryan, Mullens, Luton, Minshew (IR)
RB: Saquon (IR), Jacobs, Dobbins, Hunt, Penny (IR)
WR: AJB, DJM, Chark, Ruggs, Hardman, Mike Will, C. Davis, C. Samuel, Mooney, Lazard, J. Washington
TE: Andrews, Henry, Gesicki, Irv, Tonyan
2021: 1.03-1.06, 2, 2, 3, 3
2022: 1, 1, 2, 3, 3

Hankybro21
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1126
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:21 pm

Re: Preston Williams Hype Train

Postby Hankybro21 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:19 pm

Jigga94 wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:13 pm
Jigga94 wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:08 pm
3 for 74 so far
4/106/1TD I hope no one sold for nothing...
Against SF no less. 2020 NFL is strange
Team 1 (champs '18,'19; 2020: 5-5, 6th place)
10 TM PPR; QB*1, RB*2, WR*3, Flex*2, TE*1, K*1, DEF*1

QB: Lamar, Goff, J. Allen
WR: MT, Nuk, Adams, Godwin, DJM, Reagor, Mooney, Anthony Miller, Mike Williams, Preston
RB: MG III, Mixon, Swift, Rojo, Devonta, Kelley, Mattison, Boston, Hasty, Barkely, Cohen
TE: Kelce, Hunter
K: Zuerlein
Def: Seattle

Team 2 (5-5, 4th place)
10 TM PPR SF; QB*1, RB*2, WR*3, TE*1, Flex*2, SF*1, K*1, Defense*1, IDP*3

QB: Russell, Watson, Burrow
WR: MT, Nuk, Godwin, DK, DJM, Parris, Kirk, AB, Preston, Lamb, Mooney, Gabriel Davis
RB: Jacobs, CEH, Mixon, Dobbins
TE: Goedert, HH, Hock
K: Tucker
Def: Pitt; KC
IDP: Donald, Humphrey, Adams
2021: 1st x3, 2nd x2

Jigga94
Degenerate
Degenerate
Posts: 8702
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:38 pm

Re: Preston Williams Hype Train

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:22 pm

Hankybro21 wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:19 pm
Jigga94 wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:13 pm
Jigga94 wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:08 pm
3 for 74 so far
4/106/1TD I hope no one sold for nothing...
Against SF no less. 2020 NFL is strange
Their DL is shot, but never underestimate Fitz and his fantasy magic
2QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, FLEX - PPR - [b]14 Keepers[/b]
QB: Mahomes, J. Allen, Baker, D. Jones
RB: JT, Mostert (IR), Gaskin (IR), Dillon, Ingram, Mattison, Scott, McKissic
WR: Tyreek, DJM, Jeudy, Hollywood, Cooks, Mims, Hardman, Preston (IR), Parris (IR)
TE: Andrews, Fant, Henry
2021: 1.05-1.10, 2, 3

2QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 3FLEX - PPR - [b]20 Keepers[/b]
QB: Mahomes, Ryan, Mullens, Luton, Minshew (IR)
RB: Saquon (IR), Jacobs, Dobbins, Hunt, Penny (IR)
WR: AJB, DJM, Chark, Ruggs, Hardman, Mike Will, C. Davis, C. Samuel, Mooney, Lazard, J. Washington
TE: Andrews, Henry, Gesicki, Irv, Tonyan
2021: 1.03-1.06, 2, 2, 3, 3
2022: 1, 1, 2, 3, 3

User avatar
Orenthal Shames
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Posts: 4565
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:13 pm

Re: Preston Williams Hype Train

Postby Orenthal Shames » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:32 pm

Preston Williams is dead last in the NFL in yards of separation and 234th in the NFL in YAC.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 man rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19 Champion

QB: Tannehill, Brees
RB: Kamara, CMC, Sanders, Davis, Murray, Scott
WR: Julio, Hill, KA, Hamler
TE: Kelce, Kittle

User avatar
dlf_mikeh
Administrator
Posts: 5644
Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:57 pm

Re: Preston Williams Hype Train

Postby dlf_mikeh » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:18 pm

Blueboy wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:31 am
His catch/target ratio through the first two weeks comes with the caveat of having been shadowed by arguably the two best corners in the league. He doesn't look completely back from the ACL tear, though.
Orenthal Shames wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:32 pm
Preston Williams is dead last in the NFL in yards of separation and 234th in the NFL in YAC.
Just putting a couple good quotes together. ACL tears take 1 year to return from, and 2 years to return to original form.
Make Your Own Customizable Draft Pick Value Chart Here
"This is awesome" --- dlf_jaronf
"I've made a few draft pick charts. This is better than any of them." --- dlf_jules
"Whatever rookie draft pick chart you're using isn't as good as this one from MEuRaH" --- dlf_jules
"Excellent work on this!" --- dlf_zachb

User avatar
Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3399
Joined: Tue May 03, 2016 4:30 pm

Re: Preston Williams Hype Train

Postby Vcize » Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:18 pm

Orenthal Shames wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:32 pm
Preston Williams is dead last in the NFL in yards of separation and 234th in the NFL in YAC.
Oof. Every year.

I've typed this up probably 30 times so I'll be quick.

Yards of separation as a predictive fantasy metric is most meaningless stat in any sport that has ever been tracked. It has absolutely zero correlation to positive fantasy success. In fact if anything it has INVERSE correlation (IE worse yards of separation has a high correlation to fantasy success, better yards of separation has a high correlation to fantasy waiver wire fodder).

2019 bottom 10 WORST yards separation per next gen stats:
Kenny Golladay
Mike Williams
Terry McLaurin
Davante Parker
Darius Slayton
Julio Jones
AJ Brown
Preston Williams
Michael Gallup
Allen Robinson

2019 top 10 BEST yards separation:
Diontae Johnson
Albert Wilson
Hunter Renfrow
Christian Kirk
Nelson Agholor
Robert Woods
Geronimo Allison
DaeSean Hamilton
Tyler Lockett
DeDe Westbrook

It's the same story every year. Which group would you rather a WR be a part of?

Least. Predictive. Stat. Ever.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Cam, Burrow
RB: Barkley, Mixon, A Jones, Hunt, Coleman, Ballage
WR: Hopkins, Hill, Lockett, J Jefferson, Fulgham, Preston
TE: Cook, Goedert

User avatar
Orenthal Shames
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Posts: 4565
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:13 pm

Re: Preston Williams Hype Train

Postby Orenthal Shames » Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:53 pm

Vcize wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:18 pm
Orenthal Shames wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:32 pm
Preston Williams is dead last in the NFL in yards of separation and 234th in the NFL in YAC.
Oof. Every year.

I've typed this up probably 30 times so I'll be quick.

Yards of separation as a predictive fantasy metric is most meaningless stat in any sport that has ever been tracked. It has absolutely zero correlation to positive fantasy success. In fact if anything it has INVERSE correlation (IE worse yards of separation has a high correlation to fantasy success, better yards of separation has a high correlation to fantasy waiver wire fodder).

2019 bottom 10 WORST yards separation per next gen stats:
Kenny Golladay
Mike Williams
Terry McLaurin
Davante Parker
Darius Slayton
Julio Jones
AJ Brown
Preston Williams
Michael Gallup
Allen Robinson

2019 top 10 BEST yards separation:
Diontae Johnson
Albert Wilson
Hunter Renfrow
Christian Kirk
Nelson Agholor
Robert Woods
Geronimo Allison
DaeSean Hamilton
Tyler Lockett
DeDe Westbrook

It's the same story every year. Which group would you rather a WR be a part of?

Least. Predictive. Stat. Ever.
Great post, but I'd imagine that first list also ranks pretty highly in YAC (aside from Preston Williams).
Last edited by Orenthal Shames on Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 man rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19 Champion

QB: Tannehill, Brees
RB: Kamara, CMC, Sanders, Davis, Murray, Scott
WR: Julio, Hill, KA, Hamler
TE: Kelce, Kittle

zeeshan2
Starter
Starter
Posts: 693
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:14 pm

Re: Preston Williams Hype Train

Postby zeeshan2 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:37 am

welp Tua named starting QB after the bye

Sriracha
All Pro
All Pro
Posts: 1557
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:38 pm

Re: Preston Williams Hype Train

Postby Sriracha » Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:02 pm

zeeshan2 wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:37 am
welp Tua named starting QB after the bye
Welp? Isn't it a good sign for him that they named him the starter while Fitzpatrick has been playing "well" and they're winning?


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Hottoddies, JJRules and 4 guests