Preston Williams Hype Train

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Ryantacular
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Preston Williams Hype Train

Postby Ryantacular » Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:29 am

thomasscheeks wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:40 pm Great thread.

I'm really surprised at a lot of these responses. Guys saying they would trade Williams for a third right now. Isn't the ideal outcome of a third rounder a player in William's current situation? A guy with some talent and a clear path to meaningful touches? Why sell him for that?

The majority of people that own him got him for super cheap or even free. It's not a big deal to hold out and hope he becomes a legit starter. Then, if you're concerned with his off the field problems, you can sell him for some actual value. I can't see any logical reason to sell him at this current time unless it's for a first or more. He's a clear hold. All it takes it one big game in the regular season and his value will sky rocket. We all wanna maximize our profits right? That's how you build a winning team

Exactly this. Great analysis Mister Cheeks!

lanemitchell96
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby lanemitchell96 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:33 pm

Ryantacular wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:29 am

I'm really surprised at a lot of these responses. Guys saying they would trade Williams for a third right now. Isn't the ideal outcome of a third rounder a player in William's current situation? A guy with some talent and a clear path to meaningful touches? Why sell him for that?

The majority of people that own him got him for super cheap or even free. It's not a big deal to hold out and hope he becomes a legit starter. Then, if you're concerned with his off the field problems, you can sell him for some actual value. I can't see any logical reason to sell him at this current time unless it's for a first or more. He's a clear hold. All it takes it one big game in the regular season and his value will sky rocket. We all wanna maximize our profits right? That's how you build a winning team

Exactly this. Great analysis Mister Cheeks!
LOL Mister Cheeks killed me at work :lol:
Twitter: @LaneMitchell96
FF4L

oppy
Role Player
Role Player

Postby oppy » Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:36 pm

Figured I'd throw out some offers after the last preseason game had another lukewarm box score (though if you watched it he was still impressive obviously), and I can say this - no one is selling him for a 3rd right now, lol.

Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Blueboy » Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:03 pm

oppy wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:36 pm

Figured I'd throw out some offers after the last preseason game had another lukewarm box score (though if you watched it he was still impressive obviously), and I can say this - no one is selling him for a 3rd right now, lol.
Nobody in my leagues is selling him for a 2nd.

12-team SF, PPR, TE premium, 0.25 PPCarry
1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1SF 4Flex
QB: Mahomes, Fields, Love
RB: Bijan, ETN, Pollard, Achane, Herbert
WR: Kupp, Hill, Metcalf, Ridley, Jeudy, D.J. M, Burks, Hollywood, Wan'Dale
TE: Kyle Pitts, Goedert

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:11 pm

Blueboy wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:03 pm

I'd tap out for a 2nd everywhere. None of us are scouts, and none of us know what's going on behind the scenes, but the Dolphins are really bad, and Williams was a WW pickup. Bad metrics, undrafted, and character concerns. People were showing Corey Coleman vs Jalen Ramsey as a way to hype him up, and he was a first round pick. (For those who don't know, many are showing Preston beating Ramsey on 1 route and Fitz missing) I have him in 2 leagues, and playing the odds, you trade Preston Williams for a 2nd in both of those.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:07 am

Screw the odds. I'm looking for a home run hit.

If it doesn't happen I'll get over it.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:14 am

Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:07 am Screw the odds. I'm looking for a home run hit.

If it doesn't happen I'll get over it.
Yeah, sure. I get it, but the Dolphins project to be bad offensively (and overall for several years). There's a time to take a swing for the fences, for sure. Not sure with his profile and his situation, this is the time. You could take a swing here, or swing with a better pitch in next years second round, as opposed to swinging at the first pitch you see. The player you get in next years second round will almost undoubtedly have a better profile. I have Preston in 2 leagues, but I'm taking the 2nd, and if he becomes a superstar, so be it. I don't see it, although I think he has some short term buzz.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

chubnubbin
Starter
Starter

Postby chubnubbin » Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:05 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:11 pm
Blueboy wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:03 pm

I'd tap out for a 2nd everywhere. None of us are scouts, and none of us know what's going on behind the scenes, but the Dolphins are really bad, and Williams was a WW pickup. Bad metrics, undrafted, and character concerns. People were showing Corey Coleman vs Jalen Ramsey as a way to hype him up, and he was a first round pick. (For those who don't know, many are showing Preston beating Ramsey on 1 route and Fitz missing) I have him in 2 leagues, and playing the odds, you trade Preston Williams for a 2nd in both of those.
I would also move him for a second - easy.

Shcritters
MVP
MVP

Postby Shcritters » Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:24 am

Just went at 2.12 in my contract/IDP league. I passed at 2.11 because of roster requirements, but he is definitely gaining momentum.
Gopher Two
PPR SF, WR & TE Premium (WR 1.2 PPR , TE 1.5 PPR), 10 total starters, 1 QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Mahomes, Prescott, Mayfield
RB: Hall, Chubb, Connor, Pacheco, Mattison, DCook, Perine
WR: Tyreek, AJ Brown, JJeudy, CSutton, Flowers, MThomas, Slayton, DParker, CDavis, DMims
TE: DSchultz, Musgrave, MGesicki, McBride, Kraft, Dissly
2024: 1.02, 2.02
2022 and 2023 League Champ

SafeLeague #1 (SF, 2.0 PPR TE Prem). 10 total starters 1 QB, 1SF (QB/TE/RB/WR), 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Purdy, Levis, DTR
RB: Pacheco + scrubs
WR: Downs, MMims, EMoore, Jeudy, MWilson + scrubs
TE: Hock, Kincaid, Pitts, Mayer + scrubs
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.10, 1.12, 2.01, 2.02

SafeLeague #2
QB: Purdy, Richardson, Hooker, Willis
RB: Hull, Jackson, Vaughn, Wilson
WR: Mingo, MMims, Toney, Skyy, Iosivas
TE: LaPorta, Kincaid, McBride, Mayer, Musgrave, Schoonmaker (and a bunch more 2nd stringers)
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.06, 1.07, 1.09, 1.10, 1.12, 2.01

UATahoe
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby UATahoe » Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:18 pm

Would you guys choose to hold Preston Williams or drop him for Deon Cain? Cain is on our waiver wire right now.
12 Team PPR League 1Qb 2Rb 3Wr 1Flex 1Te 1Def 1K

1 QB Mahomes, Dak Prescott
2 RB Mixon, Kamara, Melvin Gordon, Nick Chubb, Royce Freeman, Justice Hill, Boston Scott, Ito Smith
3 WR Godwin, K. Allen, A. Cooper, S. Watkins, DJ Moore, Michael Gallup, Kelvin Harmon, Martavis Bryant, Core Coleman(IR) Preston Williams(IR)
1 TE Mark Andrews, H. Henry, H. Hurst, Ian Thomas, Goedert
D/ST Bears
K Zane Gonzalez

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:37 pm

Preston easily. He's getting traded for 2nd round picks, you aren't getting anything for Cain.

Shcritters
MVP
MVP

Postby Shcritters » Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:36 pm

With Luck retiring it makes this one pretty easy.
Gopher Two
PPR SF, WR & TE Premium (WR 1.2 PPR , TE 1.5 PPR), 10 total starters, 1 QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Mahomes, Prescott, Mayfield
RB: Hall, Chubb, Connor, Pacheco, Mattison, DCook, Perine
WR: Tyreek, AJ Brown, JJeudy, CSutton, Flowers, MThomas, Slayton, DParker, CDavis, DMims
TE: DSchultz, Musgrave, MGesicki, McBride, Kraft, Dissly
2024: 1.02, 2.02
2022 and 2023 League Champ

SafeLeague #1 (SF, 2.0 PPR TE Prem). 10 total starters 1 QB, 1SF (QB/TE/RB/WR), 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Purdy, Levis, DTR
RB: Pacheco + scrubs
WR: Downs, MMims, EMoore, Jeudy, MWilson + scrubs
TE: Hock, Kincaid, Pitts, Mayer + scrubs
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.10, 1.12, 2.01, 2.02

SafeLeague #2
QB: Purdy, Richardson, Hooker, Willis
RB: Hull, Jackson, Vaughn, Wilson
WR: Mingo, MMims, Toney, Skyy, Iosivas
TE: LaPorta, Kincaid, McBride, Mayer, Musgrave, Schoonmaker (and a bunch more 2nd stringers)
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.06, 1.07, 1.09, 1.10, 1.12, 2.01

sugbear65
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby sugbear65 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:58 pm

I bought in a league, I wanted a seat on this ride somewhere. I am still a Parker fan(unfortunately), but must admit to taking a shine to Preston over the last few weeks as well. I traded Jimmy GQ straight up for him in a 1 QB, 10 team league. Now let’s see if this lottery ticket pays out!

jimmycricket14
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby jimmycricket14 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:11 am

Just took him at 3.02 and immediately flipped him for a locked in high 2020 2nd :lol:

Not sure why people aren't trading up/drafting him more aggressively if they are willing to move that sort of draft capital for him after the fact. Especially considering 2020 is such a hyped class.

Have to admit I had mild second thoughts. He is a fun guy to ride the hype on and actually might get enough run this year to be fantasy relevant, but realistically A LOT has to go right for him to be worth more than a high 2nd next year.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:50 am

Now Stills seems to be on the bubble/block, which only helps the path to immediate play time for Williams.