FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Preseason - Week 2

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:37 am

TheNuts wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:28 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:54 pm
TheNuts wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:33 pm Steelers Chiefs
It was all James Conner to start the game. It's obvious what they think of Samuel. That being said, Samuel looks so good. I will maintain he is a clone of leveon bell. Would you want leveon bell playing second fiddle to anyone? Didn't think so.

Carlos Hyde didn't do anything special. I don't see him cutting into Damiens touches. Darwin Thompson now, he has done well with his first few touches. A nice change of pace guy for sure.

Titans vs Pats

Damien Harris would be a great replacement for either Michel or White if they went down. If they don't, it will be 2020 before Harris matters.

Corey Davis looks good. He runs some very nice routes with good cuts. Mariota looked solid the third drive. Who knows with him though. Mariota ran for the two pointer and got flipped into the end zone. Why would he take that risk?

Small note on Tenn, Jeremy McNichols is a good backup. He should be the third rb. If anything happens to Lewis I would expect him to be the guy to take over at that spot
No way. Come on man, Bell was absolutely on another level in his Steeler days. Really not sure how much you can glean from 3 preseason carries. I say 3, because that TD literally every RB on a current NFL roster would have scored that, that's how well blocked it was. I think Samuels is a quality back, but nowhere near the same talent level of Le'veon Bell.
Nowhere did I say that I based all of my opinion on 3 carries. Nor did I say that td run was spectacular. Yes anyone could make that td run so it doesn't count at all. I have been thinking he looks that good since last year. When he destroyed the Pats, go watch all of his carries in that game against the Pats. He is such a smooth runner and an excellent receiver. He is that good.
I watched that game vs the Pats. If you think he's as good as prime Le'veon, we're not going to agree about anything with this guy, and I like him.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:37 am

TimeWillTell wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:12 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:00 pm Jakobi Meyers hype is strong. Guy caught all 6 of his targets for over 80 yards again.
Well I got him and Preston Williams for free on waivers. Immediately got offered a 2020 2nd (mid-late) for Jakobi so I took that. So now, everyone pay attention, Meyers will be a stud and Williams will screw up off the field and disappear.
With Gordon coming back, you got a great return.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:36 am

I am starting to get pretty upset I got outbid on Meyers..

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:40 am

Also, Henderson had 6 catches.. the receiving upside is real.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:20 am

Phaded wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:36 am I am starting to get pretty upset I got outbid on Meyers..
I got outbid last week in one league, and he just got traded for a 2020 2nd in a SF/TE premium league. :cry:

RCogburn
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby RCogburn » Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:56 pm

Devine Ozigbo has looked decent today. He did have a fumble, but he looks comfortable catching the ball.

chubnubbin
Starter
Starter

Postby chubnubbin » Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:00 pm

RCogburn wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:56 pm Devine Ozigbo has looked decent today. He did have a fumble, but he looks comfortable catching the ball.
I am hoping he makes the team.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:43 pm

I'm really struggling with seeing Teddy Bridgewater as anything more than a career backup.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:45 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:43 pm I'm really struggling with seeing Teddy Bridgewater as anything more than a career backup.
You're correct. I didn't understand the love before the injury either.

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:55 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:20 am
Phaded wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:36 am I am starting to get pretty upset I got outbid on Meyers..
I got outbid last week in one league, and he just got traded for a 2020 2nd in a SF/TE premium league. :cry:
I don’t see big upside in his future, but the ROI is very favorable. Picked him up on waivers and within 2 weeks flipped him for a high 3rd in a heavy/deep IDP/SF/TE premium. I think most owners should be exploring the same while the going is good. The depth chart will have more weapons soon (Edelman, Gordon, Harry), Brady is old, and what is his realistic upside? WR3? Draft pedigree and athletic profile leave you wanting more and have him against the odds of fantasy noteworthy.

Straycatz2
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Straycatz2 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:17 pm

Blueboy wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:59 pm If anyone's watching the Bears, how does Ridley look?
Doing pretty good
https://bearswire.usatoday.com/2019/08/ ... son-debut/

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:19 pm

Watching MN vs Sea

1st drive. Vikings O-line looks bad. Mattison looks good. Ended in a midfield punt. Dalvin Cook not playing, according to announcers because the turf is brand new and injury concerns

2nd drive Sea. Carson gets first carry and stays on for next bunch of plays. Never saw Penny. Vikings D massive holes in zone. D finally holds around midfield. No DK Metcalf. Not sure if that's because he's not 1st team or because injury concerns.

3rd drive- O line fails and guy comes through unblocked. Mattison fumbles the ball on his own 5. Mattison looked a bit hurt from the twist. Apparently not a fumble, was ruled progressed stopped before it came out but still a bad look. 40 yard bomb to Thielen. Another 40 yard bomb attempt to Thielen that was pass interference. Vikings on 5 try to run but o line can't stop Sea D front. Rudolph stupid 15 yd penalty. Field goal.

Wow. If this offense is run, run, run deep shots to Thielen?

4th drive. More Carson. Penny active, just sidelined. Russell finding holes in Vikings secondary. Spreading ball around. Field goal.

5th- Backups in now. Mattison a big run, but due to o line sealing edge and making it easy. Bebe definitely the wr3. Unsure on his blocking, but Irv Smith looking good. Play call disconnect leads to pick 6. Bebe stopped. Backup qb led him.

Unsure what drive, but want people to not forget about Mike Boone. Had a catch where he beat the olb on the route, then shook two guys in open space. Picked up 30 yards. Boone I'd like to see a few carries against same Ds to see compared to Mattison.
Last edited by hockeyBjj on Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:40 pm

hockeyBjj wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:19 pm Watching MN vs Sea

1st drive. Vikings O-line looks bad. Mattison looks good. Ended in a midfield punt. Dalvin Cook not playing, according to announcers because the turf is brand new and injury concerns

2nd drive Sea. Carson gets first carry and stays on for next bunch of plays. Never saw Penny. Vikings D massive holes in zone. D finally holds around midfield. No DK Metcalf. Not sure if that's because he's not 1st team or because injury concerns.

3rd drive- O line fails and guy comes through unblocked. Mattison fumbles the ball on his own 5. Mattison looked a bit hurt from the twist. Apparently not a fumble, was ruled progressed stopped before it came out but still a bad look. 40 yard bomb to Thielen. Another 40 yard bomb attempt to Thielen that was pass interference. Vikings on 5 try to run but o line can't stop Sea D front. Rudolph stupid 15 yd penalty. Field goal.

Wow. If this offense is run, run, run deep shots to Thielen?
thanks

Vendetta
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Vendetta » Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:54 pm

Carson is looking awesome, keeps churning out yards. I think I've only seen Penny on the field for one play so far with the 1st team O.

EDIT - Penny in there once the Hawks got in the red zone. Interesting.

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:00 pm

Phaded wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:01 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:45 pm
Phaded wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:00 am

I would argue Daniel Jones has looked better, but he still has to play game 2.

That said, I am still "meh" on this QB class as a whole.
I meant he has made 2 or 3 throws that were more difficult than either Kyler of Jones. I wasn't talking about overall performance.
He's also made a lot of really poor throws - I mean, everyone is talking about that deep shot he threw under pressure for a TD; but people aren't talking about the three deep shots he missed in a clean pocket.

Overall Haskins has looked exceedingly mediocre.
On NFL Network, one of the Redskins announcers (Joe Thiesmann) said that, when Haskins misses, he misses high. That points to a mechanics issue.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def