Any Philip Lindsay Believers Out There?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Jfever
Legend
Legend

Re: Philip lindsay

Postby Jfever » Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:57 pm

If he is durable enough to handle that kind of load, no doubt he’d be in the conversation for low end rb1 numbers in ppr. I think we’ve seen enough as far as his ability goes. Only questions would be his role and his durability with the role he’s given. I think his floor is low end rb2 with big game potential. Those lucky or smart enough to scoop him up cheap off waivers got a nice pick up.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Re: Philip lindsay

Postby Ice » Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:57 pm

I am a big fan and did like that long post as well.

Think he is durable enough.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

dvpkwys
Captain
Captain

Any Philip Lindsay Believers Out There?

Postby dvpkwys » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:47 am

Not a lot of love floating around for Lindsay these days. Stating the obvious, being an un-drafted 190 lb, 5'8 running back doesn't make the hairs on my neck standup, but he still produced. 192, 1037 yds, 9td and 35 rec, 241, 1td which was really good as a rookie. I know Freeman is doing better this summer, which doesn't bold well, but this kid has to see the field. Anyone still drinking the Lindsay Kool-aid?
10 Team - NON PPR (5 Round Rookie Draft) - Start 2QB, 2RB, 4WR, 1TE, 1FLEX, 4DB, 4LB/DL/DB

Burrow/Howell (Murray, Geno)
Taylor/Swift (Sanders, Conner, Gibson, Miller, Spears Lenny)
Adams/Godwin/Higgins/McLaurin (DJ Moore, Hopkins, Tillman)
Kelce (Hockenson)
Budda/Holland/Blackmon/Minkah (Sydney Brown)
Bosa/Bernard/Okereke/EJones (Elliss)

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Any Philip Lindsay Believers Out There?

Postby Space Cowboy » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:06 am

I'd gladly pay a 2nd or two 3rds (53 man rosters with balanced IDP)

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby kmbryant09 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:07 am

Definitely. As a sad Broncos fan, I watched every game of theirs last year. Lindsay ran circles around Freeman the entire season, and looked like the only weapon on the field at times for the team.

I have no doubt that he is the cream of the crop in that backfield. My only concern is that Elway is a man of his pride and favors players with draft capital a bit too much (though credit for them utilizing Lindsay last year as much as they did).

The team *wants* to get Freeman more involved, but I'd be surprised if Lindsay doesn't force their hand a bit like last year. Ultimately, here's my best guess for that backfield's production:
  • Lindsay: 195 carries, 900 yards (4.6 ypc) / 49 catches, 400 yards, 7 total TD's (RB #21)
  • Freeman: 160 carries, 675 yards (4.2 ypc) / 16 catches, 125 yards, 6 total TD's (RB #40)
  • Redick: Assuming he can make a healthy return after the first month of the season, he'll probably siphon ~25 - 35 receptions away from Lindsay. If he doesn't, I could see Lindsay pushing for 60+ receptions this year
10-team/.5 PPR/5 Pts per Passing TD. Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLEX (rb/wr/te)
QB: J. Hurts, K. Murray
RB: Bi. Robinson, D. Henry, D. Achane, , J. Cook, Z. Charbonnet, T. Chandler, R. Johnson, K. Mitchell, J.K. Dobbins, T. Allgeier, J. McLaughlin, S. Tucker, T. Bigsby
WR: G. Wilson, B. Aiyuk, J. Waddle, T. Higgins,, Z. Flowers, Di. Johnson, K. Toney, A. Iosivas
TE: K. Pitts, E. Engram, C. Okonkwo, G. Dulcich

Flgatorguy87
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Flgatorguy87 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:08 am

He's tough. It's completely split in my mind. He was successful in everything he did on field, by about any metric, but I still can't help but feel like he just had his career year. I've kicked the tires on him, but haven't been able to feel comfortable enough with his future value to really make a strong offer.

Not really contributing except to state the fact that he is difficult to asses, because guys like this are VERY rare.
SF PPR 30 man roster 5 taxi 2 IR
QB, 3WR, 2RB, 2TE, 2FLEX , Superflex

A. Rodgers, J. Goff, D. Lock, Ta. Hill

O. Beckham, Antonio Brown, M. Evans, A. Robinson, S. Diggs, C. Sutton, T. Boyd, Jakobi Meyers, S. Sims Jr., Darius Slayton

S. Barkley, Da. Cook, Cam Akers, JK Dobbins, R. Penny, Ronald Jones, W. Gallman, Duke Johnson, AJ Dillon, Darrynton Evans, DeeJay Dallas, L. Perine

G. Kittle, M. Andrews, H. Hurst

Taxi: R. Armstead, Joe Reed, L. Bowden Jr., I. Coulter, Scotty Miller

2021 - 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 3rd, 5th

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:09 am

Depends on the scheme.

Lindsay is a power runner. Freeman is a zone runner. I have no idea what the Broncos are going to do this year.

His frame is small and he did get hurt last year. IMO he's best suited as a back that can spell the starter in a power system and be the occasional lead man if need be. Cowboys, Bears, etc.

Ride the wave while you can. I think his value will diminish once his rookie contract is over, maybe even decreasing over time from now until then.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:16 am

dlf_mikeh wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:09 am Depends on the scheme.

Lindsay is a power runner. Freeman is a zone runner. I have no idea what the Broncos are going to do this year.

His frame is small and he did get hurt last year. IMO he's best suited as a back that can spell the starter in a power system and be the occasional lead man if need be. Cowboys, Bears, etc.

Ride the wave while you can. I think his value will diminish once his rookie contract is over, maybe even decreasing over time from now until then.
A lot more zone, apparently. It's going to suit Freeman a lot more this year. Plus, Freeman played with a high ankle sprain a good part of last year, so we did not see him at his best. I expect Freeman to outrush Lindsay this year.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

jimmycricket14
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby jimmycricket14 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:40 am

He's really tough. Looking at things from a high level, everything points to Freeman becoming the man there and that Phillip Lindsay isn't cut out to be a feature back. But then whenever I turn on film and watch him he blows me away. Phillip Lindsay has so much juice. The biggest thing working for him is he is far too explosive for the Broncos to keep on the bench. He may cede carries to Royce, but I think the Broncos would be insane to give him less than 10-12 touches a game in any game script so he should have an RB3 floor. And if he is running like he did last year how do you not give him 15-20 touches a game? Easy to bet against because of his size and competition on the roster, but he's also so easy to love as a player. Fun guy, fun story, fun running style. I am not all in, but I am cautiously optimistic he is being underestimated again and holding him where I have him.

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:22 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:16 am

A lot more zone, apparently. It's going to suit Freeman a lot more this year. Plus, Freeman played with a high ankle sprain a good part of last year, so we did not see him at his best. I expect Freeman to outrush Lindsay this year.
I thought I read that too, but looked and couldn't find it, so I didn't say it.

And good point about the ankle sprain. I had forgotten that.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:35 pm

dlf_mikeh wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:22 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:16 am

I thought I read that too, but looked and couldn't find it, so I didn't say it.

And good point about the ankle sprain. I had forgotten that.
It’s started as an assumption because they brought in a Shanahan disciple, but I’m pretty sure it’s shown to be accurate, though I didn’t watch the preseason game.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

M-Dub
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby M-Dub » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:51 pm

Full disclosure: I’m a lifelong, die-hard Colorado Buffaloes fan and have had a mancrush on Lindsay for more than five years now.

He’s always played bigger than his size and was a workhorse RB in college at a Power 5 school. What he accomplished last year as a pro was surprising even to me, but it was no fluke. He wasn’t some UDFA who rode the pine most of the year and then flashed late in the season after the starter got hurt (like Rawls or CJA). He outright won the job in camp and never looked back. I don’t really have concerns about his durability either. The hand injury he sustained in week 16 really has nothing to do with his diminutive size and could’ve just as easily happened to a guy the size of Derrick Henry. I’m not knowledgeable enough to break down the subtle nuances of zone vs. power run schemes, but I believe in Lindsay as a talent and I think he’s smart enough to adapt to a different blocking scheme. His carries might go down a little this year, but I think he’ll more than make up for that in the passing game, where he was criminally underutilized last year. Barring injury, I expect another strong high-end RB2 campaign from him.
Both are 12-team 1QB PPR dynasties

🦬PRIME🦬
QB: Hurts, Howell
RB: Mixon, Jones, Sanders, Dobbins, Akers, Roschon, Dowdle, Kelley
WR: Nuk, Godwin, Cooper, Lockett, Flowers, Chark, Collins, Hollins, Tillman, Tolbert
TE: Hockenson, Chig, Trautman
Taxi: Willis, Z. White, M. Mims, T. Palmer

Hull Awaits
$450 cap, 60 contract years

QB: Lawrence $5/3, Richardson $5/5, Minshew $1/0, Jones $1/0, Heinicke $1/0, Tyrod $1/0
RB: Achane $4/4, Warren $2/4, Roschon $7/5, Dillon $4/1, Hubbard $2/1, Kelley $1/0
WR: Nuk $78/1, MT $25/1, M. Williams $1/0, JSN $21/5, Reed $4/5, Rice $4/5, M. Wilson $2/5
TE: Thomas $1/0, Hill $1/0, Parham $1/0

BigJoeWall72
Role Player
Role Player

Postby BigJoeWall72 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:01 pm

I traded Corey Davis for Phillip Lindsay a few weeks ago (basically straight up)... does that make be a believer?

Purely on eye test for me, but that dude looked good with the ball in his hands last year - like he was shot out of a cannon every single touch I saw.

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:39 pm

BigJoeWall72 wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:01 pm I traded Corey Davis for Phillip Lindsay a few weeks ago (basically straight up)... does that make be a believer?

Purely on eye test for me, but that dude looked good with the ball in his hands last year - like he was shot out of a cannon every single touch I saw.
Terrible process. I think you will badly regret this, and even if you don't, if you do this type of trade annually you will lose much more than you win.

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:42 pm

I think Lindsay is a nice player. I like big RB's and draft capital so I do prefer Royce long-term. Lindsay is the type of player IMO, that you enjoy the free ticket you won, and then move on if there's a good market for him.