ARTICLE IS UP!: Your "Preseason Week 2 What To Look For" Link Inside

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Re: Submit Your "Preseason Week 2 What To Look For" Towards Article

Postby Pac_Eddy » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:16 am

The Ravens rookie WRs: Miles Boykin and Hollywood Brown. Who's running with the starters, snaps, etc.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:21 am

Does Brian Hill start to move ahead of Ito Smith in the pecking order in Atlanta?

That #2 spot in Atlanta could be fantasy gold, and Hill's a big back with pretty decent speed. Ito is a more natural replacement for Freeman, but if Freeman were to go down, I'd be a lot more intrigued if it is Hill getting major carries in a high scoring offense with an improved OL.
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:28 am

Other things I am interested to see: Does a healthy Terry McLaurin continue to sit in the preseason?
If so, I have shades of Anquan Boldin's preseason. In his rookie year, the cards shelved him for the preseason, later saying they knew what they had and didn't want anyone to see him in action. He went off for 217 yards in his first game against the Lions (and fellow rookie WR Charles Rogers, who also had a nice debut). I'm not predicting that for McLaurin, but the skins are sending a screaming buy message if they keep him on the bench all preseason.

I'm also interested in how the GM backfield plays out. Dexter Williams looked explosive in game 1 but had a lot of rookie mistakes. Aaron Jones will enter the season as the starter, but the more time Williams gets to show his stuff with the starters, the more Jones owners should get nervous. Unless Williams looks terrible with the starters, of course.
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:38 am

I'm all set. You can continue the thread if you wish. Anyone mentioned above is included in the article. Anyone mentioned below probably will not be.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

IBall2
All Pro
All Pro

Postby IBall2 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:38 am

well if you aren't taking any more ideas for this week, you can put this one on your week 3 list:

In week 3 I'd like to hear about some of the players playing for new teams and how they look in the new offense. Some interesting players listed below but doesn't have to include all of them obviously:

RB-
Le'veon Bell
Mark Ingram
Duke Johnson
Donta Foremen
Tevin Coleman
WR-
Donte Moncrief
Golden Tate
Tyrell Williams
Jamison Crowder
John Brown
Devin Funchess
Randal Cobb
QB-
Nick Foles
TE-
Jared Cook

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:46 pm

Bot101 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:50 am Darwin Thompson! Lets see if the Chiefs reward his performance with any playtime ahead of Darrel Williams.
That was my one, and it looks like you're all set anyway - dang my timezone difference! - but I have another that nobody has mentioned yet...

I'm looking forward to seeing AJ Brown get some run (hopefully). He returned from the hammy this week, and was immediately installed as the WR2 opposite CDavis - Humphries still in the slot.

It seemed like all MM wanted to do was target Humphries in Game 1 - so I'm curious to see if he simply has an anti CDavis agenda, or whether AJB can flash some. We all know MM sucks throwing outside the numbers - I want to see how they deploy AJB and whether he can carve out a role.

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:44 pm

mild wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:46 pm
Bot101 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:50 am Darwin Thompson! Lets see if the Chiefs reward his performance with any playtime ahead of Darrel Williams.
That was my one, and it looks like you're all set anyway - dang my timezone difference! - but I have another that nobody has mentioned yet...

I'm looking forward to seeing AJ Brown get some run (hopefully). He returned from the hammy this week, and was immediately installed as the WR2 opposite CDavis - Humphries still in the slot.

It seemed like all MM wanted to do was target Humphries in Game 1 - so I'm curious to see if he simply has an anti CDavis agenda, or whether AJB can flash some. We all know MM sucks throwing outside the numbers - I want to see how they deploy AJB and whether he can carve out a role.
My article was just shy of the required 1200 word volume. I'm going to add yours.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

SkinZ187
Starter
Starter

Postby SkinZ187 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:57 pm

James Washington should certainly be mentioned here. The #2 role in Pitt is a big deal. If James shows out again, it’s very noteworthy. Moncrief is not a long term solution.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:51 pm

dlf_mikeh wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:44 pm My article was just shy of the required 1200 word volume. I'm going to add yours.
Thanks Mike! Glad to be of service 8-)

It was certainly telling that despite missing every camp rep so far, he was immediately installed with the first team on his return. Says a lot about what they think of him.

MindEracer
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby MindEracer » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:02 pm

Phaded wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:49 am Preston Williams.
Can he continue to build on his week one performance? This is a pretty barren depth chart, the talent is clearly there. He will most likely make the roster at this point, but can he continue to impress and force the team to give him significant playing time come the regular season?
He's at the top of my list, sounds like he's been getting work with the ones this week. And there's a definite chemistry developing with Rosen.

I think Darwin Thompson is the other one, he looks to be moving up the depth chart.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:01 pm

Cult of Dionysus wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:22 pm How does Hurley look walking out to the sidelines? Does he even come out?
You won't see him in Hawaii. He's in Switzerland right now, putting his guaranteed money into untraceable bank accounts. :wink:
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Cherokee
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Cherokee » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:10 am

Juwann Winfree
Devine Ozigbo
IDP Ben Banogu
12 Team 1QB IDP Full PPR Start 8
QB- Kenny Pickett, Jake Haener, Clayton Tune
RB- Jerrick McKinnon, Elijah Mitchell, Gus Edwards, Kenneth Gainwell, TDP, Jordan Mason
WR- Rondale Moore, Drake London, Jordan Addison, Terrence Marshall , Garrett Wilson, Chris Olave, Mecole Hardman, Rashid Shaheed, David Bell
TE- Michael Mayer, Likely, Chig, Cade Otten
LB- Jewell, Deablo, Troy Anderson
DE- Phillips, Highsmith
DB- Brisker, Hufanga, Cine
Taxi Squad: Chase Brown, A.T. Perry, Keaton Mitchell, Khalan Laborn, Lew Nichols lll

Pet_Smith
Starter
Starter

Postby Pet_Smith » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:27 am

D'onta Foreman. Does he get any game time for the colts; has he got a chance to turn things around and earn a roster slot - and who knows from there - or is he done etc
Dynasty - 9th year, 12-team, Standard scoring, 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2FLEX, 1K, 1DE/DT, 1LB, 1CB/S - 25man roster / 6 Taxi Squad
'17 Champ, '18 Runner Up, '23 rebuild

QB Watson, A Richardson, O' Connel (TS)
RB Gibbs, Akers, Dillon Carter, Bigsby, Chase Brown, Mcintosh, Tucker, Hull (TS)
WR Metcalf, DJ Moore, Addison, Meyers, Van Jefferson, Collins, Claypool, Mingo (TS), Hyatt (TS), Wilson (TS)
TE Higbee, Freirmuth, Otton (TS)
K Joseph
DE/DT Hunter
LB Franklin Simmons
C/S James

1.01, 1.04

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:15 am

ULTIMATE RB GURUs

REAL RB GURUs: