It is Mark Ingram Time - Back Home to NO

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Re: Ingram Kool-Aid?

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:44 pm

Vcize wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:11 am
ColdZealDonkeyStrike wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:00 am Not to speak for Jason, but running QBs usually run more than they dump-off to RBs
Is there any data to this or is just one of those many things in FF that sounds logical but often doesn't play out that way in practice?
  • CMC caught 107 and 80 passes the last two years with a running QB.
  • Marshawn had 40 receptions (and another 20 for Turbin) in Russell Wilson's biggest rushing year.
  • Shady McCoy had 78 receptions in Mike Vick's biggest rushing year in Philly, and Warrick Dunn/Justin Griffith combined for 53 in Vick's biggest rushing year in Atlanta which was back when RB targets as a whole were much lower than now.
  • In Donovan Mcnabb's first year as a starter when he relied a lot more on his legs (700 yards rushing) he completed 118 passes to his RBs.
  • Even Tim Tebow completed 56 passes to RBs (of only 126 completions, good for 44% of his total completions) in his year as a starter in Denver.
I don't think CMC and Shady really apply here. Ingram is nothing like them in the receiving game, which is why I clarified that he's not dynamic in the passing game.

You should look up the word "usually" :lol:
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:11 pm

ColdZealDonkeyStrike wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:44 pm
Vcize wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:11 am
ColdZealDonkeyStrike wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:00 am Not to speak for Jason, but running QBs usually run more than they dump-off to RBs
Is there any data to this or is just one of those many things in FF that sounds logical but often doesn't play out that way in practice?
  • CMC caught 107 and 80 passes the last two years with a running QB.
  • Marshawn had 40 receptions (and another 20 for Turbin) in Russell Wilson's biggest rushing year.
  • Shady McCoy had 78 receptions in Mike Vick's biggest rushing year in Philly, and Warrick Dunn/Justin Griffith combined for 53 in Vick's biggest rushing year in Atlanta which was back when RB targets as a whole were much lower than now.
  • In Donovan Mcnabb's first year as a starter when he relied a lot more on his legs (700 yards rushing) he completed 118 passes to his RBs.
  • Even Tim Tebow completed 56 passes to RBs (of only 126 completions, good for 44% of his total completions) in his year as a starter in Denver.
I don't think CMC and Shady really apply here. Ingram is nothing like them in the receiving game, which is why I clarified that he's not dynamic in the passing game.

You should look up the word "usually" :lol:
Why don't you give me the definition of "usually" by providing any kind of data here, because a cursory glance at the numbers doesn't seem to back it up. I picked out the first 5 running QBs I could think of above and they all threw to their RBs plenty, often above the league average.

As a whole RBs got 21% of NFL targets last year.

Counting only QBs that rushed for 500+ yards last year, RBs got....21% of their targets last year.

It may come to pass in the end that Jackson doesn't pass to his RBs as much as other QBs, but I'm not really seeing anything that dictates running QBs target RBs less often in the passing game than other QBs.

FWIW Jackson himself targeted RBs on 17% of his passes last year which is certainly below the league average but not some kind of outlier or anything. It was 22nd in the league (surprisingly more often than guys like Big Ben and Matt Ryan targeted RBs). I think we can also say it wouldn't be surprising to see that number rise a fair bit next year given that Baltimore's lead back for all of Jackson's starts was Gus Edwards, who averaged 3 catches PER SEASON in college.

Guys like Tebow and Vick are probably the most similar to Jackson stylistically (in that they probably would have never made an NFL roster if it weren't for their legs) and they both targeted the RBs a ton.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:17 pm

hockeyBjj wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:31 am 29 years old

But as a contender, paying a late 2nd to get some depth at a scary injury prone position would definitely be worth. And since 29 years old, a non contender may be willing to part with Ingram for even less to just move him before the wheels fall off

I think he has a year or maybe 2 of higher RB2 numbers (would bet top 18 for 2019)
That'd be awesome to get him for a 2nd. He was sold for a 1st in one of my leagues and his mizelle ADP is after only 4 rookies- Jacobs, Montgomery, Sanders, Harry. Seems mid first is a truer gauge of his value, even if we're talking about 1.7 in this draft class.

I think ppl aren't properly accounting for Greg Roman's history of very productive run games. Even if Ingram isn't a bellcow and shares a healthy number of touches with other backs, the volume and per-touch efficiency of the rushing attack would easily compensate.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:08 pm

Vcize wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:11 pm Why don't you give me the definition of "usually" by providing any kind of data here, because a cursory glance at the numbers doesn't seem to back it up. I picked out the first 5 running QBs I could think of above and they all threw to their RBs plenty, often above the league average.

As a whole RBs got 21% of NFL targets last year.

Counting only QBs that rushed for 500+ yards last year, RBs got....21% of their targets last year.

It may come to pass in the end that Jackson doesn't pass to his RBs as much as other QBs, but I'm not really seeing anything that dictates running QBs target RBs less often in the passing game than other QBs.

FWIW Jackson himself targeted RBs on 17% of his passes last year which is certainly below the league average but not some kind of outlier or anything. It was 22nd in the league (surprisingly more often than guys like Big Ben and Matt Ryan targeted RBs). I think we can also say it wouldn't be surprising to see that number rise a fair bit next year given that Baltimore's lead back for all of Jackson's starts was Gus Edwards, who averaged 3 catches PER SEASON in college.

Guys like Tebow and Vick are probably the most similar to Jackson stylistically (in that they probably would have never made an NFL roster if it weren't for their legs) and they both targeted the RBs a ton.
I didn't go look for data because it's usually pretty easy to tell when someone is trying to make an honest argument, and when someone is trying to look like the smartest guy on a message board.

If your 1st post it to go point at CMC, who is nothing like Ingram, instead of just about every other RB Cam has played with in his career (who happen to look a lot more like Ingram), and then you double down by pointing out Jackson played with Gus Edwards last year, ignoring the converted WR that was also getting snaps with Jackson, it doesn't seem like you're looking for a real discussion.

No offense whatsoever meant by the post. From my viewpoint, Ingram isn't an exceptional receiving back (e.g. a back who does more than catch dump offs), and non exceptional receiving backs usually don't get heavy targets with running QBs. As you rightly pointed out there are exceptions, I'm just comfortable assuming Ingram won't be one of them. If a RB in Baltimore gets targeted heavily, I think it'll be Justice Hill.

Also, Jackson and Tebow are not close comps IMO. Jackson is a better passer, and much more of a threat as a runner. Vicks a good comp, and maybe RG3 (although Jackson was much more raw as a rookie than RG3). If you asked me to guess one running QB who threw a lot to their RBs, I'd guess Tebow since he just didn't have the ability to push the ball downfield.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:56 pm

Ingrim didn’t catch a ton of passes because of the phenom Kamara.

It doesn’t mean he can’t or won’t catch a lot of passes for the Ravens.

So called running QB’s throw it a ton to RB’s because of how they are schemed.

Sound good that those Qb’s usually don’t but it’s not based in any statistical evidence I can find.

One could argue that the RB is a better outlet for running QB’s when the 2nd level crashes the QB.

Regardless, Ingrim can run, catch, and block. Looking for a top 10-12 year out of him and would not be shocked if he finished top 3-5 in rushing.

That said the Ravens drafted a very good sleeper that could be their Kamara if he can pass protect
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:57 am

I haven't seen Ingram going for a 2nd in any leagues, but I agree he's a good buy at that price. His floor should be really high.
I've seen Lat Murray going for a 2nd or early 3rd in a my leagues though. I think he's a better buy if you're a contender looking for depth.

Londondynasty
Role Player
Role Player

What is Mark Ingram's value?

Postby Londondynasty » Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:32 am

Late first?

He is someone who never seems to get the love he deserves. For the last 4 years or so he has been a zero RB team's dream.

Reckon he has 2 years left?
Team 1: Superflex PPR. 35 keeper. 1 qb, 1 Superflex, 2 rb, 2wr, 4 flex, 1 te
QB: Rodgers, Allen, Lance, M.White, Bridgwater
RB: Fournette, Pollard, Chubb, Dillon, C-Patt, J.Cook, K.William, JRob
WR: Adams, Keenan Allen, Evans, Mooney, Juju, Corey Davis, G.Davis, Van Jefferson, Chark, Atwell
TE: Kelce, Waller, Tonyan, Brate, Taysom

Team 2. PPR. 14 teamer. 1qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, 2 wr/rb, 1 wr/te 1 te, k, p, various IDP
QB: Hurts, Ryan, Watson
RB: Barkley, Mixon, CEH, Penny, Gibson, Hunt
Rhamondre
WR: Hill, Adams, Chase, Brown, Toney, Chark, Gage, Campbell, OBJ, Reagor, Mims, Marshall, Wandale, Bell,
TE: Kittle, Waller, Henry, Njoku

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: What is Mark Ingram's value?

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:36 am

2nd IMO.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:39 am

As a serious contender I'd be willing to pay a late 1st

As a rebuilder I'd probably be willing to sell for an early 2nd in this class

BucFanJKE
Captain
Captain

Postby BucFanJKE » Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:41 am

He is probably worth an early to mid 2nd. They can cut him and save 5 mil next offseason. Assuming he plays good this year he can potentially find a 1 year deal next year if they did cut him.

He is one of those guys that if you have him, you probably won't get what he is worth based on his production for your team.
Team 1-
SF .5 PPR TE Prem (1Q, 1SF, 2R, 2W, 1T, 3WRT)
QB- Richardson, Dak, Watson, Bennett, Zappe
RB- Achane, Mixon, Ekeler, Javonte Williams, Mostert, Dobbins, Gibson, Bigsby, Spears, Gainwell
WR- Chase, Lamb, London, Pittman, QJ, Bateman, MT, OBJ, Skyy
TE- Freiermuth, Kincaid, Chig, Fant, Musgrave, Woods, Bellinger
1.07, 3.04, 4.07

Team 2-
.5 PPR TE Prem (1Q, 2 R, 3W, 1 T, 3 WRT)
QB: J. Allen, Kyler, Stroud
RB: CMC, Bijan, Gibbs, JT, Breece Hall, Kamara, Gibson, 4nette
WR: Diggs, Hill, AJB, Aiyuk, London, JSN, Hollywood, M.Mims, Meyers, Shaheed
TE: Kelce, Kyle Pitts, Dulcich, Logan Thomas
2024: 2 1st (one top 3), 4th

Team 3- (Adopted Dumpster Orphan)
.5 PPR TE Prem (1Q, 2 R, 3W, 1 T, 3 WRT)
QB: J. Allen, Dak, Young
RB: Gibbs, Hall, J. Cook, Warren, Bigsby, K. Mitchell, Dobbins, D. Cook,
WR: Lamb, Wilson, Olave, Higgins, London, JSN, Bateman, Wan'Dale, Z. Jones, Hyatt
TE: Kittle, Kincaid, Woods, Likely
2024: 2 1st (one top 2), 3rd, 4th

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:03 am

BucFanJKE wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:41 am He is one of those guys that if you have him, you probably won't get what he is worth based on his production for your team.
This. He shouldn't have been on a rebuild roster.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:55 pm

I sold him for a 2021 2nd, I'm hopeful it's an early one.

qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj
Captain
Captain

Postby qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:19 pm

As a contender with RB depth I tried to sell him for early 2nds all offseason where I had him. No luck in any of my leagues.
I think as others have noted he's now just one of those guys that are worth more on my roster than selling for the scraps people are willing to give up for him. It's been that way for a few seasons now honestly.

grandmabetty
Captain
Captain

Postby grandmabetty » Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:51 am

I drafted him in the start up in my signature 5 years ago and he was under appreciated then. When healthy hes been a top 10 RB I believe every season. He is the epitome of a player that doesn't get the buzz or respect that matches his production. He'll retire on my team.

After helping me to get 2 championships in 5 years he deserves that rather than have me sell him for scraps.

I think its realistic to expect RB2 production this year with some weeks where he posts RB1 numbers. Next year i believe he will be cut so his fantasy career will be up in the air at that point

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:16 am

I'd have a really hard time paying a late first for Ingram. I can definitely see him producing at a reasonably high level, but I think the chances of him not performing enough to be worth that first are pretty high.