You Can Trade Away RoJo Now... Last Chance?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Re: You Can Trade Away RoJo Now... Last Chance?

Postby MEuRaH » Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:01 am

Phaded wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:38 am We get it, you don't like RoJo - I've never seen one person ever come into a thread to continually barrage a player without being provoked to do so.
I started the thread, so I'm not "coming into it". I created it and I live here. You, however, keep coming back to it. :)

And the purpose of the thread is to get people to sell. If there are people who have something positive to say about RoJo and I disagree, I'm going to say something. Someone mentioned how RoJo was ranked high on football outsiders. I've got a reply for that. Sharing opinions is literally the purpose of the forums.

If you don't like it, stop visiting the thread. I'm not forcing things. There are a good 3-4 threads I don't want to see ever again. They keep popping up, but I'm able to go elsewhere. Do the same, amigo.
Phaded wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:38 amThe initial premise that it was the last time to trade away RoJo was already proven as wrong
And maybe I'm nit-picking here, but that wasn't a premise. A premise is a statement. I didn't make a statement. I posed a question. There's even a question mark in the title (Last Chance?)
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

Daltanian
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Daltanian » Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:16 am

dlf_mikeh wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:50 am
joeya2001 wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 5:46 am When I went to look at DH in 2018 the site said he was the 16th best, if you scroll over to the right it has their rankings.

Kamara was listed second best
Yes, and then Gus Edwards would be the #1 rated RB for 2018.

If anyone wants to use this site as a method to help them evaluate talent, I'm 100% OK with that. But don't use this site as the end-all be-all for ranking players. It's really just a flawed gimmick in my eyes. There is no better method for evaluating talent than the eye test. And RoJo's failed that time and time again.
Just for clarification, are we talking about PFF or Football Outsiders?
16 Team Superflex

QB: R. Wilson, Tannehill
RB: CMC, A. Kamara, A. Ekeler, CEH
WR: D. Adams, M. Thomas, T. Lockett, AJ Green, J. Edelman, L. Fitzgerald
TE: Kittle, J. Cook,

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:35 am

Daltanian wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:16 am
dlf_mikeh wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:50 am
joeya2001 wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 5:46 am When I went to look at DH in 2018 the site said he was the 16th best, if you scroll over to the right it has their rankings.

Kamara was listed second best
Yes, and then Gus Edwards would be the #1 rated RB for 2018.

If anyone wants to use this site as a method to help them evaluate talent, I'm 100% OK with that. But don't use this site as the end-all be-all for ranking players. It's really just a flawed gimmick in my eyes. There is no better method for evaluating talent than the eye test. And RoJo's failed that time and time again.
Just for clarification, are we talking about PFF or Football Outsiders?
The link given on the last page was Football Outsiders, though I find both sites to be one and the same.

Useful to help formulate opinions? Yes. Useful to draw conclusions? No.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:10 am

Why would anyone have a problem with someone taking the time to write about the flaws in a player? If you really want to support RoJo, do it. It's no different than any other thread or differing opinion on here

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:30 am

Maybe I came off a little more hostile as intended and if so, my bad - I can be a little blunt in my posting at times as you may very well be aware of. I guess it just surprises me that so much effort is being put into a player that I don't think is very polarizing or that anyone is banging the drum saying that he's some great player.

I don't think he's a good long term answer either, but I think he can provide value this year for a contender with how much people have apparently soured on him. If I could get an early 2nd or any 1st I would probably sell, otherwise I'm happy to ride it out and hope for RB3/FLEX production once he inevitably surpasses Barber.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:36 am

dlf_mikeh wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:01 am
Phaded wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:38 amThe initial premise that it was the last time to trade away RoJo was already proven as wrong
And maybe I'm nit-picking here, but that wasn't a premise. A premise is a statement. I didn't make a statement. I posed a question. There's even a question mark in the title (Last Chance?)
I mean, let's just be honest here...
dlf_mikeh wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:10 pm Sell high. Do it now before it's too late.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Sep 29, 2019 3:18 pm

Jone has had 2 huge runs called back. One was on an illegal shift (so no hold to spring it). He had another one called back on a hold, but he's looking like he can make explosive plays. He had a nice TD run, too. He's looking like a better back this year.

Great run by Jones to stay in bounds and keep the clock going. Heady play inside 4 minutes.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:34 pm

This surely has to be one of the last last chances to sell.
12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Murray, Prescott
RB | Jeff Wilson, Pierre-Strong
WR | Adams, Olave, ARSB, Dotson, Addison
TE | Andrews, Otton, Bellinger, Likely, Okonkwo
2024 | 1st 2025 | 1stx3, 2nd, 3rdx2

10 Team | SF | PPR
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Murray, Tagovailoa, Stroud
RB | Montgomery, Swift, Dobbins, Singletary, Jamaal Williams, R. White, Davis-Price, Herbert, Miller
WR | Godwin, AJB, Lamb, D. Johnson, M. Brown, Mooney, Kirk, J. Williams, Skyy Moore, Watson
TE | Andrews, Bellinger, Dulcich
2024 | 1st, 2nd, 3rd

12 Team | SF | PPR | 1.5TEP | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, FL, SF

QB | Herbert, Love, Young, Lance
RB | ETN, Pacheco, Ford, Warren
WR | ARSB, Wilson, Olave, DK, Flowers, Collins, Downs
TE | Hockenson, Dulcich, Likely, Otton
2024 | 2nd, 3rdx3, 4th

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:38 pm

He did a great job helping the Bucs seal the win.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:41 pm

Phaded wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:38 pm He did a great job helping the Bucs seal the win.
I admittedly was very unimpressed all of last year, and even into the pre-season. However I see improvement, and acquired him last week in a package deal. Again, apparently he was immature last year, and was out late, eating poorly, thinking he could just walk in and do what he did in college. He learned the hard way. It certainly looks like a very young man has changed his attititude, based on how he looks this year. He may never be a RB1, but I don't think he's a colossal bust, either.

dmac37
Role Player
Role Player

Postby dmac37 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 5:50 pm

So it looks like the RoJo train is about to leave the station......
12 Team PPR Scoring:
QB: Purdy, Pickett, Howell, Rodgers
RB: Bijan, Kamara, A. Jones Spears Allgeier, Tucker, Hunt
WR: ARSB, Ridley, Nacua, E. Moore, Hollywood, Addison, Mingo, Mooney,
M. Thomas, Gallup
TE: Hockenson, Ferguson
PK:
DST: Ravens

12 Team Superflex PPR Scoring:
QB: Fields, Tua, Howell, White
RB: J. Taylor, A. Jones, Pierce, Swift , K. Miller, Hunt, Ford,
WR: Pittman, Deebo, Godwin, Ridley, Gabe Davis, E. Moore, Mooney, Toney, Q. Johnson
TE: Ferguson, Okonkwo L. Thomas

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:09 pm

I didn't get a chance to see the game. I'm curious if it was great coaching like last week or not. I'll check it out later.

I'll gladly admit defeat if/when I see it. Stats alone mean nothing.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs

REAL RB GURUs:

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:47 pm

dlf_mikeh wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:09 pm I didn't get a chance to see the game. I'm curious if it was great coaching like last week or not. I'll check it out later.

I'll gladly admit defeat if/when I see it. Stats alone mean nothing.
Not for those who start him in their lineups. :wink:

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:49 pm

1Q 6:22 -- Stayed in to pass block for the first time all season and..... actually did it successfully. First time I can recall that he pass blocked the right way. OK.

1Q 3:32 -- Read the defense for first assignment (pass block). The linebackers didn't blitz so he checked to see if he was needed to help double team. Properly read the blocking and ran a delayed pattern to help his QB. That makes two plays in a row that he actually did his job correctly. I'm literally in shock.

2Q 0:52 -- Took an inside handoff at the 6 yard line. Took advantage of great blocking, didn't have to read any further than the right side which was his initial read anyway, finished the run with a TD. Not impressive, but not bad either.

3Q 1:09 -- Beautifully designed 3rd & 2 play that required RoJo to use his speed to get to the outside for a dump-off pass to get the first down.

4Q 4:27 -- Holey S&*T, my first ever positive RoJo post. I love this run. It's just off-tackle, nothing fancy. RoJo runs to where he's supposed to go, even using the proper stutter-step to allow blocking to develop. I AM IN SHOCK. The best part is that Godwin looked confused on the play and switched his blocking assignment from DB to DE for seemingly no reason what-so-ever. RoJo had to adjust to this by doing a jump-cut at the point of contact. He turns his hips to the outside and even has the ball shielded away from defenders. WTF!? DO MY EYES DECEIVE ME? He uses great power and speed to run to the outside, and the rest is just a normal RB doing normal RB things. OK, gotta give him credit here. That run wasn't something that any RB could do. Only a handful have this ability. It was the perfect combination of skill and talent. This is the first time ever that I'm giving him credit.

That's it. It's just one play, but it was a good one. Does it matter that it was late in the game? Was the defense tired? I dunno, but he did his job and looked great doing it. Another thing I noticed is that he didn't run a single zone play all game, it was all power. Maybe that's something the coaching staff noticed that they could take advantage of. Eventually he'll have to learn zone plays, but for now maybe this will do?

It's not enough for me to believe in him yet, but it does make me think that we might see more good things out of a power package.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs

REAL RB GURUs:

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:53 pm

:clap: