You Can Trade Away RoJo Now... Last Chance?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Re: You Can Trade Away RoJo Now... Last Chance?

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:18 pm

dlf_mikeh wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:11 pm
OhCruelestRanter wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:07 amMikeH coming in to say “well actually this time I was wrong doesn’t count and here’s why”
I was wrong. It does count.

All I said is that I still like my opinion that selling was a good idea because of how rich the 2020 draft was.

You took a lot of time writing that. Chillll....
Please Mike, it took less than 10 minutes and I enjoyed every minute of it. (I feel like this is a great set-up for a lewd response if anybody’s up for it.)

I honestly don’t know what it is about you in particular that makes you so fun to respond to, but (as I’ve said before) I genuinely appreciate your willingness to walk right into these situations and set me up for these fun little rants.

Please never stop.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:20 pm

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:18 pm
OhCruelestRanter wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:07 amMikeH coming in to say “well actually this time I was wrong doesn’t count and here’s why”

All I said is that I still like my opinion that selling was a good idea because of how rich the 2020 draft was.

Please Mike, it took less than 10 minutes and I enjoyed every minute of it. (I feel like this is a great set-up for a lewd response if anybody’s up for it.)

I honestly don’t know what it is about you in particular that makes you so fun to respond to, but (as I’ve said before) I genuinely appreciate your willingness to walk right into these situations and set me up for these fun little rants.

Please never stop.
Is this really a thing? I feel like I haven't seen you reply to anything of mine in months? I don't recall reading or responding to a post of yours since before the draft or so.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:23 pm

I just checked. It's been since May that I've even responded to you. Are you sure you're talking about me? lol.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:47 pm

dlf_mikeh wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:20 pm

Please never stop.
Is this really a thing? I feel like I haven't seen you reply to anything of mine in months? I don't recall reading or responding to a post of yours since before the draft or so.
Idk I’ve had more time off as of late.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:38 pm

I appreciate people like Mike being willing to put their opinion out there and plant their flag with threads like these.

That said, the fantasy community was already pretty down on RoJo at the time this thread was created so it was kind of a layup anyway and it still ended up missing. It's not like it was going out on some major limb to say that a guy coming off a horrifically terrible rookie season didn't have "it".

The title syntax was of course doubly unfortunate because there have now been about two dozen "last chances" to sell since the thread was created.

Either way, my main takeaway from most of the responses is that I'd love to see a pic of dlf_mikeh because he must be absolutely jacked with the amount of times he's picked up the goalposts and moved them since this thread started :P
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

skinfanjon
Role Player
Role Player

Postby skinfanjon » Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:57 am

Please never stop.
Does he flex his mod powers and PM you to knock it off everytime you take him to the woodshed like this? Cause thats what he does with me EVERY time and I've barely slapped a bloop single compared to that towering upper decker you just launched lol.

Just fantastic stuff...you had me rolling.

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:52 am

dlf_mikeh wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:28 am
killer_of_giants wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:32 am
OhCruelestRanter wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:07 pm This thread doesn’t have anything to do with a prospect evaluation, though. The premise was that your last chance to sell Ronald Jones was August 2019. That’s pretty demonstrably incorrect.
i think we're giving semantics a bit too much importance though: if threads like this were titled "rojo is probably at peak value right now" the forum would be a lot more boring.

i just square-root every bold statement and assume it's a bit of theatrics for the fun.
I am encouraged to post bold statements to keep things interesting. I don't have to but I understand that if I do threads will stay lively and users will return. I understand that some people will pounce on the chance to wag their finger and say whatever, but that comes with the territory. These are also the same people who don't make bold claims of their own. It's more fun to poke the inaccuracies of others than it is to put yourself out there. Totally get it.

I still disagree that I was entirely wrong btw. Selling RoJo last year for a 2020 2nd could have netted you one of these quality WRs you're seeing on the field today, which were plentiful in the 2nd round. Your value would have increased more than a 2021 1st value. Not owning RoJo also makes 1 more spot on your roster for a waiver wire claim, or 2-1 trades, etc. It's not just the sole value, but all the variables that go with it.

He's worth more now and that's great. That means it wasn't the last chance to sell, but that doesn't mean selling last year was a bad idea either.
I think the thing that is annoying is you post around here proclaiming yourself an RB guru who has a perfect record. When you do that and you make statements like the one in this thread you should be ready for backlash when you are clearly wrong. And instead of constantly qualifying how you were kind of right you should just suck it up and own being wrong. I’ve made plenty of bold statement, two months ago I said James Robinson would end the year as a top 15 back and was laughed at by many... that full story has yet to play out, but if it happens I am happy to remind everyone I made that call and if it doesn’t I’ll own it if called out on it. But even if I do get it right I won’t be telling every one I’m some kind of savant, which is what you repeatedly do. You’ve made some nice calls with RBs but you’ve had some missed and it would be good for you to acknowledge that instead of always having to be right. Everyone gets some wrong and that is ok, but to keep changing the narrative and the goal post to show how you weren’t wrong is lame and just makes you less credible.

bigcsr67
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby bigcsr67 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:53 am

I’d like to actually start talking about ROJO the player, and what he has been doing so far. Obviously people are very polarized on their view of him, but to be completely honest, he looks really good. He is a tough runner with pretty good vision. Yes, his hands are suspect, but you can’t deny the fact that he is getting the job done, and he’s very young for a third year player. If he keeps his attitude and effort up, he can be really good for years to come. Arians, Brady, his position coach and his teammates all have high praises for him. He has arrived, and I think he will continue to thrive. Sell now if you want, but I’m all in on him.

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:02 am

thebeast wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:52 amI think the thing that is annoying is you post around here proclaiming yourself an RB guru who has a perfect record. When you do that and you make statements like the one in this thread you should be ready for backlash when you are clearly wrong. And instead of constantly qualifying how you were kind of right you should just suck it up and own being wrong. I’ve made plenty of bold statement, two months ago I said James Robinson would end the year as a top 15 back and was laughed at by many... that full story has yet to play out, but if it happens I am happy to remind everyone I made that call and if it doesn’t I’ll own it if called out on it. But even if I do get it right I won’t be telling every one I’m some kind of savant, which is what you repeatedly do. You’ve made some nice calls with RBs but you’ve had some missed and it would be good for you to acknowledge that instead of always having to be right. Everyone gets some wrong and that is ok, but to keep changing the narrative and the goal post to show how you weren’t wrong is lame and just makes you less credible.
If you search my posts for "I was wrong", I've said that phrase 208 times. It's not like I'm always right. I've admitted it plenty.

search.php?st=0&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&author_id=23043

And I also don't feel like I'm moving the goalposts here. I was wrong on RoJo being the last chance to sell. I also don't selling RoJo for a 2nd last year was a bad move. If someone took my advice or not, it worked out either way.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs

REAL RB GURUs:

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:08 am

Oh gee, this thread again, hello thread.

burntfire
Role Player
Role Player

Postby burntfire » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:59 am

bigcsr67 wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:53 am I’d like to actually start talking about ROJO the player, and what he has been doing so far. Obviously people are very polarized on their view of him, but to be completely honest, he looks really good. He is a tough runner with pretty good vision. Yes, his hands are suspect, but you can’t deny the fact that he is getting the job done, and he’s very young for a third year player. If he keeps his attitude and effort up, he can be really good for years to come. Arians, Brady, his position coach and his teammates all have high praises for him. He has arrived, and I think he will continue to thrive. Sell now if you want, but I’m all in on him.
I'm in the same boat. I've been trying to sell him this season but looking at him actually playing the last few games I've paused. He runs hard, sees the field, and his hands are coming along. I'm sitting.
14 Team Super Flex, 1 PPR
QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1 Flex, 1 SFlex, 3 IR

QB: Davis Mills, Kenny Pickett, Sam Darnold, Matt Corral
WR: Chris Godwin, A.J Brown, D.K. Metcalf, Jerry Jeudy, Jalen Reagor, Allen Lazard, K.J. Osborn, Skyy Moore, Tutu Atwell, Greg Dortch
RB: Josh Jacobs, Khalil Herbert, Tyson Chandler, Ronald Jones, K Gainwell
TE: Robert Tonyan, David Njoku, Jonnu Smith, Gerald Everett, Jelani Woods
2023: 1.05, 1.08
2024: 1

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:14 pm

The interesting thing about Ronald Jones is that the Bucs went out of their way to try to sign anyone to compete with him during the off-season. They acquired LeSean McCoy and Leonard Fournette, and they also drafted Ke'Shawn Vaughn in the third round. This isn't a sign that the Bucs were confident in what they had entering the season.

Also to note, Leonard Fournette was active for 3 games for the Bucs. In those three games Jones posted 9.20, 9.70, 8.30 fantasy points (0.5 ppr). In the three games with Fournette out of the lineup, he has 15.80, 14.00, 25.10 fantasy points. The difference between Ronald Jones with and without Fournette is ~RB30 and ~RB10.

Will he once again fall back to ~10 points per game when Fournette comes back? Would you feel comfortable as an owner starting him the very day that Fournette returns to the lineup? What will all this look like when the season ends and 2021 is around the corner?

My original analysis of him was that he's strongest when he's running full speed at a specific point on the field. Teams don't generally setup their offense this way, so I didn't see any success for him in the NFL. However, in reviewing his games, that's exactly what the Bucs have been doing. It's working and there's no reason to believe that it'll change any time soon. His receiving skills still aren't that great, and he's not being asked to pass block a lot, but you can't argue that he's not being successful so far this season.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs

REAL RB GURUs:

bigcsr67
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby bigcsr67 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:52 pm

Just won’t give up, huh?

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:57 pm

bigcsr67 wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:52 pmJust won’t give up, huh?
I'm not 100% convinced if that's what you're asking. It's been 2 years of nothing and only a few weeks of success. but I have been impressed with with what I've seen out of him these past few weeks. It's a combination of RoJo using his talent and the Bucs coaching staff scheming him in the proper situations.

I could be swayed more if Fournette returns and he's mostly an afterthought while RoJo handles the load.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs

REAL RB GURUs:

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:19 pm

burntfire wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:59 am
bigcsr67 wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:53 am I’d like to actually start talking about ROJO the player, and what he has been doing so far. Obviously people are very polarized on their view of him, but to be completely honest, he looks really good. He is a tough runner with pretty good vision. Yes, his hands are suspect, but you can’t deny the fact that he is getting the job done, and he’s very young for a third year player. If he keeps his attitude and effort up, he can be really good for years to come. Arians, Brady, his position coach and his teammates all have high praises for him. He has arrived, and I think he will continue to thrive. Sell now if you want, but I’m all in on him.
I'm in the same boat. I've been trying to sell him this season but looking at him actually playing the last few games I've paused. He runs hard, sees the field, and his hands are coming along. I'm sitting.
Agree he has played well, but will disagree on his odd catching. He has been given targets but does not look like a pass catcher. When I’ve watched he has committed bad drops. But he has looked like a solid runner.
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave