You Can Trade Away RoJo Now... Last Chance?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
johnnymozart
Role Player
Role Player

Re: You Can Trade Away RoJo Now... Last Chance?

Postby johnnymozart » Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:48 pm

I have seen so many posts about the fall out of tonight's news...

Yet no one has begun rooting for the continuation of the Fournette is a cancer narrative? That's the best case for another RoJo counterbounce in ADP again hah.. Fournette bothers the hell out of people (1 person) in Tampa (Tompa) and walks the plank (Tom Brady pushes him off the plank) into free agency again
My team/Picks (14 Teamer- .5PPR) Start 1 QB, 2-3 RB, 2-3 WR, 1-2 TE
QB Lamar Jackson, Russ Wilson, Mills
RB A Gibson, Aaron Jones, Damien Harris, Penny IR, D.Pierce, Haskins
WR ARobinson, KAllen, Mike Evans, Sutton, Amon-Ra, TBoyd, GDavis, Dotson, Pierce
TE Mark Andrews, Goedert, LThomas
K Tucker
2023- No Picks
2024- 2, 2

Rebuild Sad Orphan 12 team .5PPR -- Start 1QB, 2-4 WR, 2-4 RB, 1-3 TE

QB. Tua, DJones (IR)
RB Bijan (R), Gibbs (R), J. Conner, TSpears (R), Demercado, J Mason, Z. White
WR Amon-Ra St Brown, Nico Collins, J. Reed (R), R. Shaheed, C.Tillman (R), Osborn, Terrace M, CSamuel, Pierce, Ross
TE Andrews, Ferguson, McBride, Ertz (IR)
DEF- Patriots, Vikings
2024 None
2025 2, 2, 2, 2, 3, 3, 3
2026 2, 3

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:39 pm

johnnymozart wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:48 pm I have seen so many posts about the fall out of tonight's news...

Yet no one has begun rooting for the continuation of the Fournette is a cancer narrative? That's the best case for another RoJo counterbounce in ADP again hah.. Fournette bothers the hell out of people (1 person) in Tampa (Tompa) and walks the plank (Tom Brady pushes him off the plank) into free agency again
It just shows the lack of commitment in confidence they have in Rojo, regardless. People can try and spin this any way they want, but Rojo is clearly not viewed as the answer at RB in TB. That is concerning, considering his position. There is just a very good chance he will never be the top option anywhere, again. He had 2 years to establish himself as that, and he didn't. That's the position, Fournette isn't likely to be long term in TB, but the move is condemning to how the coach/Brady etc. view Jones.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Vick2Crumpler87
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Vick2Crumpler87 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:05 am

thebeast wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:16 pm I don’t think this kills rojo. I think this kills the value for Vaughn and McCoy. Fournette has been pretty pedestrian and has survived off volume, Rojo is probably the better back and will be used more but will lose goal line and thumping carries to Fournette. I think this is worse for Fournette than Rojo.
Rojo is a better back than Fournette?
Say what???? with a side of HUH?????
12 Team SF PPR - 1QB-2RB-3WR-1TE-1SFLEX-1K-1DB-1DL-1LB (TE 1.5 ppr)
2018 Runner up, 2019 champion 2020 champion

QB - Matty Ice, K. Cousins, G. Minshew, J. Love
RB - D. Cook, J. Mixon, J. Taylor, JK Dobbins, J. Robinson, AJ Dillon, D. Freeman, Shady, R. Penny, J. White
WR - Julio, Nuk, JuJu, C. Ridley, Tyrell, KJ Hamler, K. Cole, J. Meyers, C. Johnson, V. Jefferson
TE - Z Ertz, T. Higbee, B. Jarwin, L. Thomas
K - T. Bass
DB - J. Chinn
DL - Chandler Jones, H. Reddick
LB - D. Leonard

10 Team PPR - 1QB-2RB-3WR-1TE-2RB/WR/TE-1K-1DST
2018 Runner up, 2019 3rd place, 2020 Runner up

QB - Matty Ice, Big Ben, Jalen Hurts, Jordan Love
RB - D. Cook, J. Mixon, J. Taylor, M. Gordon, AJ Dillon, D. Freeman, Shady, R. Penny, J. Williams
WR - Julio, Nuk, C. Ridley, AJ Brown, A. Cooper, JuJu, TY Hilton, N. Harry, KJ Hamler, S. Miller, D. Peoples-Jones, V. Jefferson
TE - D. Waller, Z. Ertz, B. Jarwin
K - R. Blankenship
DST - Bucs

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:54 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:55 pm
Bot101 wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:43 pm
thebeast wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:16 pm I don’t think this kills rojo. I think this kills the value for Vaughn and McCoy. Fournette has been pretty pedestrian and has survived off volume, Rojo is probably the better back and will be used more but will lose goal line and thumping carries to Fournette. I think this is worse for Fournette than Rojo.
This didnt kill Rojo. Rojo killed Rojo when he ran smack into the back of his Oline, dropped passes and couldnt pass protect vs a JV player. This signing just put a nail in his coffin. I seriously dont get how this guy has such a rabid fan base. He stinks. Hes a sub (or barely) 200 lb back who doesnt catch passes and isnt shifty at all. Ew.
Well, he was. He's now a lot bigger, but still can't catch well or pass protect.
:lol:
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:13 am

johnnymozart wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:48 pm I have seen so many posts about the fall out of tonight's news...

I could see that. Fournette is completely uninspiring as a RB and apparently as a teammate. Brady isn’t afraid to voice his opinion, and I could definitely see Fournette getting crosswise of him - especially if he continues to be as bad at pass protection as he has been so far in his career.

I’m not sure there’s as much of a gap between Fournette and Rojo as some seem to think there is. Fournette is obviously better as a receiver, but Rojo has Fournette capped as a hard worker and willing to do what it takes to help the team. Neither guy is very far north of the Mendoza line when it comes to running the football.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:59 am

You bring up a good point and it remains to be seen whether the one rotten apple was just rotten from being in JAX or if he can turn it around with some actual leadership. I could see it going both ways but would rather bet that LF will pipe down when walking into an A+ situation to take a starting role and win with a good offense. I don't own LF btw and have always been down on him. That was half due to situation at the time and half due to him just being a bit overrated. Now though? He could be a steal for fantasy owners and TB

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:24 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:39 pmRojo is clearly not viewed as the answer at RB in TB. That is concerning, considering his position. There is just a very good chance he will never be the top option anywhere, again. He had 2 years to establish himself as that, and he didn't. That's the position, Fournette isn't likely to be long term in TB, but the move is condemning to how the coach/Brady etc. view Jones.
RoJo couldn't beat out Peyton Barber for two years. The Bucs spent an early pick on a RB, and then still looked into several FAa for more RB help. I assume the several drops in camp didn't help his case.
Bronco Billy wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:13 amBrady isn’t afraid to voice his opinion, and I could definitely see Fournette getting crosswise of him - especially if he continues to be as bad at pass protection as he has been so far in his career.
Fournetter challenging Brady? I don't see it but then again I don't know Fournette that well. On top of Brady being NFL royalty, the Bucs also have a no-nonsense head coach. I think Fournette will stay in line. I think he was looked at as a leader on a failing Jags team and that was getting to him. I think he can finally sit back and do his job and he'll perform just fine.

All assumptions, but I really have nothing else to go on. :P
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

Ray Finkle
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Ray Finkle » Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:43 am

dlf_mikeh wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:24 am
Fournetter challenging Brady? I don't see it but then again I don't know Fournette that well.
Wait, do you know Fournette some?

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:55 am

One very very last chance... Arians just announced rojo is still the guy

https://www.rotoworld.com/football/nfl/ ... es/9741186
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens
T: Kelce, Goedert
D: nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson
R: Swift, Walker, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =07&F=0009

Team #6 orphan
https://www46.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0013&O=07

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:06 am

abloom wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:55 am One very very last chance... Arians just announced rojo is still the guy

Of course he is. Fournette will need a couple weeks to get acclimated. Until then, Rojo is Arians’ guy. Somehow this team still plans to use McCoy as well.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:07 am

abloom wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:55 am One very very last chance... Arians just announced rojo is still the guy

Lol yes sell on this piece... This is the same Arians who said OJ Howard was his guy

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:38 pm

"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:11 pm

Ray Finkle wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:43 am
dlf_mikeh wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:24 am
Fournetter challenging Brady? I don't see it but then again I don't know Fournette that well.
Wait, do you know Fournette some?
Uh no. :mrgreen:

And the reports where Arians is saying "Rojo is the guy" doesn't surprise me. He wants Fournette to earn that starting spot.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:41 am

From John Paulsen of 4 for 4 (he has one of the best track records for redraft advice)
Wait, Leonard Fournette signed with the Bucs?!?
He did, and Bruce Arians proceeded to say that "nothing's changed" for Ronald Jones. "It's his job," Arians said. "RoJo--it's his job if he wins it or loses it. He's already got it, so he'd have to screw it up. I don't see that happening."

He called Leonard Fournette "a heck of an insurance piece" whose role is to be determined. We're all justifiably skeptical of Jones's job security after the team signed both LeSean McCoy and Fournette on the heels of drafting Ke'Shawn Vaughn, but Arians has followed through with such statements in the past. He correctly named both Andre Ellington and Peyton Barber as the starters in 2015 and 2019, respectively, and those calls were months earlier in the offseason. Injury and ineffectiveness were the reasons that Arians gave touches to other players, so I do believe that Jones will see the most touches in September.

Also, I'm not convinced that Fournette is a better player than Jones, though he certainly has a longer resume. He signed for $2.0 million with incentives up to $3.5 million. For reference, Carlos Hyde signed for $2.75 million to be Chris Carson's backup in Seattle.

In short, Fournette is going to go too early in fantasy drafts because some owner will assume that he's going to win the starting role in short order. While that's a possibility, I don't think it's likely.

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:20 am

I wonder why he's citing salary? With arbitration probably going Fournette's way, he's going to get that 2.0 mil, plus the ~4.4 mil from Jax, plus possible incentives, plus the chance at winning it all which is what he always wanted anyway. Plus it's a chance to have a great season with a great offense and to strike it rich in the next contract.

I know who John Paulsen is, he's pretty well known and has done a great job over the years. I personally think he's one of the best in the industry. He said "he's not convinced" and I can understand that thought, but to cite salary as the only reason why is a head scratcher.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs

REAL RB GURUs: