You Can Trade Away RoJo Now... Last Chance?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: You Can Trade Away RoJo Now... Last Chance?

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:57 pm

captain howdy wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:33 pm
I got into it with a poster merah last winter bc he was saying a lot of the same things.
The bottom line is I cannot sell rojo, but he's worth more than a guy on the ww to me

I cannot even get a 2nd and haven't been able to do so since I started testing trade water in the mid to late 2018 season.

He remains a hold based off trade values

The press has been basically, "he's doing his job..but not even enough to take the job from barber".

Not exactly great press.

But I'll continue to hold as my bottom of the roster guy who, until Arians says otherwise..has upside.

It's the same old stuff on this forum
Yeah, the thing is, see..... :lol:
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:26 pm

jcc6fd wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:16 pm
captain howdy wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:33 pm I got into it with a poster merah last winter bc he was saying a lot of the same things.
Who’s going to tell him?
Oh gawd I can't watch... :whistle:

*peeks from behind fingers whilst eating popcorn*

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:20 pm

captain howdy wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:33 pm I got into it with a poster merah last winter bc he was saying a lot of the same things.

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:23 am

You guys are trying for only draft picks?

I've seen him traded for Hamilton, which I think crazy good value.

Dede Westbrook, Austin Hooper, etc. All in RoJo's current range.
captain howdy wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:33 pmI got into it with a poster merah last winter bc he was saying a lot of the same things.
That guy sounds like he knows what he's talking about. If you missed the window to sell last year, a brand new window is opening up this year right about now. Once Barber gets all the carries in the 1st quarter next preseason game, people may be hesitant to make a trade.

Have you tried trading for players I mentioned above? Doesn't have to be only draft picks to get out of this mess you're in.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

captain howdy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby captain howdy » Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:50 am

Who’s going to tell him?
I don't care to involve Merah the only reason I even remember his name is bc we exchanged a couple agree to disagree type direct messages after the exchange. That was that, moving on. I only mentioned it bc it was curious that the topic has circled back and I dont know...every league is different.

Can probably leave it at that.

edit: well i am clearly missing something from all these posts.

I have also tried to package rojo and he has been on trade bait with no takers. the idiom, it is what is is, applies here.

I may just drop him one day, ala Josh Doctson's end on my roster

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:24 am

Wasn't MeuRah the guy also accused of thiefing and stealing from leaguemates? No wonder he doesn't show his face around here no more.

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:32 am

Cult of Dionysus wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:24 amWasn't MeuRah the guy also accused of thiefing and stealing from leaguemates? No wonder he doesn't show his face around here no more.
I heard he was banned for harassing the staff.
captain howdy wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:50 amI have also tried to package rojo and he has been on trade bait with no takers. the idiom, it is what is is, applies here.
Sounds like you're in a pretty smart league with good owners. That's gotta be fun.... and frustrating.
Oh man. :P
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:38 am

I just ended up moving RoJo & Curtis Samuel in a SF League for Derek Carr. I personally think he will get a few chances to succeed, I am just not sure if he will take full advantage of those chances, even if he does have to move on from TB. It is still definitely too early (for me) to know for sure apart from hoping he does stick. Hopefully the next couple of pre-season games will show us something.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:10 am

This is gold. Ive got nothing substantial to add since I didnt draft or own Jones anywhere. Just love seeing captain roudy not realize something. I aint gonna be the guy to break it.

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:28 am

I am no RoJo fan but I don't agree with the take on those gifs (other than the blocking one). He didn't lose any momentum from that arm tackle in the whole and he bounced it outside at the 2nd level because of the safety filling the hole. Had it just been the blocked DB you were describing he likely would have kept it inside and coasted by him.

Again, not a fan (he may be one of the few players I own in zero leagues) but you can pick out a run like that from every game for literally any RB.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:41 am

Vcize wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:28 am I am no RoJo fan but I don't agree with the take on those gifs (other than the blocking one). He didn't lose any momentum from that arm tackle in the whole and he bounced it outside at the 2nd level because of the safety filling the hole. Had it just been the blocked DB you were describing he likely would have kept it inside and coasted by him.
If this is the case, it makes the run even worse. Successful run plays are ones that make it to the second level. If this happens, all RBs are aware that they will have to make someone miss eventually, and going vs a safety is better than a linebacker.

If he thought running laterally was better than downfield at that moment, then he made a mental mistake. That play was designed to go between the WR & TE downfield. His job is to split his blocks and take on that safety, gaining an extra 5 yards minimum. If he did indeed make the decision to run laterally in open field, and fail as a result, that's 10x worse than being forced outside.

I was actually giving him the benefit of the doubt because I thought the defender from the original contact hit RoJo's lower leg, causing him to take a shorter step and this changing his momentum towards a different direction. It's hard to tell, but maybe you're right.

And while you're right that one might be able to pick a RB play from anyone in the league and see this happen, RoJo has done this consistently from day one. You can literally pick any play, and I mean that, and find a rojo mistake in there somewhere.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs

REAL RB GURUs:

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:11 am

captain howdy wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:50 am
Who’s going to tell him?
You're going to fall over laughing when you figure it out. At least I hope that's your reaction.
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:13 am

I don't think there's anyone who can realistically argue that Ronald Jones is going to be an RB1 in the NFL anymore. I'm holding out hope that he can fill a role, but there's no hype that makes him tradeable. No owner is willing to pay anything for him. He's a bad season away from being droppable (real life and fantasy), and that's factored into his non-existent price.

Shcritters
MVP
MVP

Postby Shcritters » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:50 am

Bot101 wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:10 am This is gold. Ive got nothing substantial to add since I didnt draft or own Jones anywhere. Just love seeing captain roudy not realize something. I aint gonna be the guy to break it.
X2, I'm just here for the comments! <Insert popcorn eating gif here>
Gopher Two
PPR SF, WR & TE Premium (WR 1.2 PPR , TE 1.5 PPR), 10 total starters, 1 QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Mahomes, Prescott, Mayfield
RB: Hall, Pacheco, Jacobs, Connor, Chubb, Mattison
WR: Tyreek, AJ Brown, Flowers, CSutton, JJeudy, Slayton, Iosivas
TE: McBride, DSchultz, Musgrave, Kraft, MGesicki
2024: 1.02, 2.02
2022 and 2023 League Champ

SafeLeague #1 (12 team, SF, 2.0 PPR TE Prem). 10 total starters 1 QB, 1SF (QB/TE/RB/WR), 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Purdy, Levis, DTR
RB: Pacheco + scrubs
WR: Downs, MMims, EMoore, Jeudy, MWilson + scrubs
TE: Hock, Kincaid, Pitts, Mayer + scrubs
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.11, 2.01, 2.02, 2.06,
2025: 2 1sts, 2 2nds

SafeLeague #2
QB: Purdy, Richardson, Hooker, Willis
RB: literal ZERO RB (for now)
WR: Mingo, MMims, Toney, Skyy, Iosivas
TE: LaPorta, Kincaid, McBride, Mayer, Musgrave, Schoonmaker (and a bunch more 2nd stringers)
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.06, 1.08, 1.09, 1.10, 2.01, 2.05, 2.06
2025: 1 1st, 1 2nd

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:56 am

dlf_mikeh wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:41 am
Vcize wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:28 am I am no RoJo fan but I don't agree with the take on those gifs (other than the blocking one). He didn't lose any momentum from that arm tackle in the whole and he bounced it outside at the 2nd level because of the safety filling the hole. Had it just been the blocked DB you were describing he likely would have kept it inside and coasted by him.
If this is the case, it makes the run even worse. Successful run plays are ones that make it to the second level. If this happens, all RBs are aware that they will have to make someone miss eventually, and going vs a safety is better than a linebacker.

If he thought running laterally was better than downfield at that moment, then he made a mental mistake. That play was designed to go between the WR & TE downfield. His job is to split his blocks and take on that safety, gaining an extra 5 yards minimum. If he did indeed make the decision to run laterally in open field, and fail as a result, that's 10x worse than being forced outside.

I was actually giving him the benefit of the doubt because I thought the defender from the original contact hit RoJo's lower leg, causing him to take a shorter step and this changing his momentum towards a different direction. It's hard to tell, but maybe you're right.

And while you're right that one might be able to pick a RB play from anyone in the league and see this happen, RoJo has done this consistently from day one. You can literally pick any play, and I mean that, and find a rojo mistake in there somewhere.
It's a bang/bang decision to bounce it outside or not there. There wasn't really room to make the safety miss there, it was either lower the shoulder and pick up an extra 3 yards or try to bounce it outside for a bigger play. Sure he should have maybe taken the 3 yards in this case but guys get it right/wrong on that all the time, and some of it is results bias.

Sometimes when you bounce it outside there the safety gets screened by the LB that was being blocked and it ends up being a big play. Other times the safety plays it right and/or the LB gets off his block and you end up going nowhere instead of getting an extra 3-5 yards.

If your last quote is true that RoJo does this way too often then sure, I can buy that. But in a vacuum half of the NFL RBs are making the same decision there and sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Joe Mixon has to have the worst 2nd level decision making I've ever seen and people constantly gobble him up.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert