You Can Trade Away RoJo Now... Last Chance?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
notweswelker
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: You Can Trade Away RoJo Now... Last Chance?

Postby notweswelker » Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:35 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:56 pm

Peyton Barber?
I needed to emphasize him 8-) .

You're envisioning him as a 3DB or as a 1A committee member next season in TB? That hasn't been a very lucrative job.
I think the last real fantasy value in that backfield was Doug Muscle Hamster Martin, but I could be forgetting someone.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:57 pm

notweswelker wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:59 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:16 am

For what? He's 22 and still developing as a player. A lot of the players coming out will be his age next year. I don't see moving him for a 2nd as an upgrade.
He is young but I just can't get behind him after watching him.
I'd take a second for him in 12-team or shallower leagues. That's close value to his draft cost and he has shown he's a JAG on his best day in my view.

Running through gaps is not something that generally changes much once a RB has been in the NFL for two seasons. He's averaging 3.5 yards per carry and it has taken him the better part of two seasons to pass Peyton Barber. Peyton. Barber.
In his defense he was highly overdrafted in the NFL and by dynasty leaguers. He profiles as an average satellite back, and will have that value going forward. In PPR and deep spots, I think he'll provide decent depth for owners as long as Arians doesn't go out and draft a bellcow next draft, I just get the feeling that's what Arians will do.
Peyton Barber?
Wait who?

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:42 pm

Haters gonna hate.
They aren't taking a new RB early next year so I would say he is safe this year and next.

Happy I held.

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:31 pm

So what's the buying price for him right now?
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:08 pm

notweswelker wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:35 pm

Peyton Barber?
I needed to emphasize him 8-) .

You're envisioning him as a 3DB or as a 1A committee member next season in TB? That hasn't been a very lucrative job.
I think the last real fantasy value in that backfield was Doug Muscle Hamster Martin, but I could be forgetting someone.
I know. I'm having fun with ya.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

notweswelker
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby notweswelker » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:48 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:08 pm
I know. I'm having fun with ya.
i know haha. He's probably a better option than half my star studded rb corps down the stretch this season.
What a bleep massacre. Gurley, DJ, Barkley, Kerryon.
Be lucky if I can get 15 points combined every week between those first three at this point.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:27 pm

Ronald Jones was traded for a 2020 1st last night in a league - if you do not believe me be sure to contact JFever & hockeybjj. :)
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Neo
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Neo » Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:55 pm

I just traded my 2020 2nd for him tonight. It's a 16-team league and feel it was a good deal.
FBDL / 12 team, ppr league...start 1 QB, 2-3 RB, 3-4 WR, 1-2 TE, 1 K, 1 Def
QB: Burrow, Stroud
RB: Breece, Achane, KMiller, Kyren, Edwards, Hunt, Singletary
WR: Chase, THiggins, London, Addison, Douglas, Moore, Wandale
TE: Kittle, Kmet, Ferguson

FFF / 16 team, ppr league (1.5 for TE)...start 1 QB, 1-2 RB, 1-3 WR, 1-3 TE, 1 K, 1 Def
QB: Watson, Young
RB: Taylor, Herbert, Pacheco, Kyren
WR: Olave, Pittman, JSN, Nico, Bateman
TE: Mayer, Chig

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:29 am

Neo wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:55 pm I just traded my 2020 2nd for him tonight. It's a 16-team league and feel it was a good deal.
Great deal for you, the other guy will probably regret that. He probably thinks he is selling high, but Rojo has consistently gotten better and produced more this season, the improvement is a trend and not a singularity. Good job.

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:08 am

I had no incentive to sell for less than a future 1st. I'm a patient owner, Rojo is the type of player that required patience. He is 22, and has certainly been trending upward. I think our deal was mutually beneficial as I'm getting closer to where I want to be and Hockey is trying to make something of his run this year. Rojo could end up being a nice piece for him for the foreseeable future. Besides, trading for rb production at this time of the year costs more than off season and early season as it is much more about supply and demand.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:59 am

He's been successful in power plays, which isn't only the majority of his successful plays, it's almost 100% of them (he ran 1 good zone play in the 4th quarter 2 games ago). His success is purely the result of coaching & game-planning. Until he shows that he can run zone and find cutback lanes, I want no part of him. He probably won't do it this year, and next-offseason may be too late if they find someone else in the draft. If he does indeed start running zone I'll change my tune.

His pass-protection is still suspect. He's 50-50 right now. His last blown assignment resulted in Ogumbawale taking over his position for the remainder of the 2nd half. This also needs improvement.

The last time he had more than 70 rushing yards was week 3. Since week 4 he's had 53 carries for 176 yards, an average of 10 carries a game for 35 yards. He's 31st amongst RBs in PPG, which puts him RB3. If you only start 2 RBs, he's not even a flex play yet when you factor in WRs & TEs who are doing better than he is.

I've never seen RBs stats look so bad amongst a group before. You have Dalvin Cook looking the best, CMC looking great, Jacobs, Zeke, Chubb and Carson looking very good, and then everyone else. I would consider this a down year for RBs, which makes RoJo look better by comparison.

RoJo has improved from a guy I'd "never ever own" to a guy I'd "probably never ever own".
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:42 am

dlf_mikeh wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:59 am He's been successful in power plays, which isn't only the majority of his successful plays, it's almost 100% of them (he ran 1 good zone play in the 4th quarter 2 games ago). His success is purely the result of coaching & game-planning. Until he shows that he can run zone and find cutback lanes, I want no part of him. He probably won't do it this year, and next-offseason may be too late if they find someone else in the draft. If he does indeed start running zone I'll change my tune.

The last time he had more than 70 rushing yards was week 3. Since week 4 he's had 53 carries for 176 yards, an average of 10 carries a game for 35 yards. He's 31st amongst RBs in PPG, which puts him RB3. If you only start 2 RBs, he's not even a flex play yet when you factor in WRs & TEs who are doing better than he is.

I've never seen RBs stats look so bad amongst a group before. You have Dalvin Cook looking the best, CMC looking great, Jacobs, Zeke, Chubb and Carson looking very good, and then everyone else. I would consider this a down year for RBs, which makes RoJo look better by comparison.
The bolded is cherry picking to fit your continued narrative. He just became the starter 2 weeks ago. You can not like him all you want, for reasons you like, but that is just blatant. It's also ignoring him catching passes which we haven't seen before.
Coach Bruce Arians said Ronald Jones "can do even more in the passing game".

Arians specifically mentioned doing more than just catch screen passes because Jones has developed his route tree. All of this praise comes just days after Jones surprisingly caught 8-of-8 targets for 77 yards against Arizona. It's an ability we haven't seen out of the former second-rounder even going back to his college days at USC, but Jones has taken positive steps all across the board in 2019 after a miserable rookie season. Jones is ascending towards RB2 fantasy value. He'll be tested against the Saints this weekend.
As for RBs not playing well this year, there has been lots of data saying that OLs haven't been this bad in a long time, so that could be.
Last edited by Lumps on Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:57 am

Lumps wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:42 am The bolded is cherry picking to fit your continued narrative. He just became the starter 2 weeks ago. You can not like him all you want, for reasons you like, but that is just blatant. It's also ignoring him catching passes which we haven't seen before.
You're right, but I did that on purpose because that's the timeframe when his value increased. The last 2 weeks are even worse. He doesn't have a history of success but his value is being compared to others that do. A 1st round pick could net someone like Phillip Lindsay or Tevin Coleman.

The passing of catches means nothing to me unless that's his sole job (Cohen) or if it supplements a great running game (CMC).
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:02 pm

dlf_mikeh wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:59 am I've never seen RBs stats look so bad amongst a group before. You have Dalvin Cook looking the best, CMC looking great, Jacobs, Zeke, Chubb and Carson looking very good, and then everyone else. I would consider this a down year for RBs, which makes RoJo look better by comparison.
I have been wondering about that (this being a down year for RBs). Seems like a lot of the early 1st & 2nd Round RBs in the re-draft drafts have failed to live up to their draft projections - making CMC & Cook stand out even more.
dlf_mikeh wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:59 am RoJo has improved from a guy I'd "never ever own" to a guy I'd "probably never ever own".
Talk about a ringing endorsement. :lol:
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Grrt
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Grrt » Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:48 am

I'm in a rebuild and traded rojo and deion jones to a contender for Preston williams and David njoku in my TE premium league.