You Can Trade Away RoJo Now... Last Chance?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
dmac37
Role Player
Role Player

Re: You Can Trade Away RoJo Now... Last Chance?

Postby dmac37 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:56 pm

dlf_mikeh wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:49 pm 1Q 6:22 -- Stayed in to pass block for the first time all season and..... actually did it successfully. First time I can recall that he pass blocked the right way. OK.

1Q 3:32 -- Read the defense for first assignment (pass block). The linebackers didn't blitz so he checked to see if he was needed to help double team. Properly read the blocking and ran a delayed pattern to help his QB. That makes two plays in a row that he actually did his job correctly. I'm literally in shock.

2Q 0:52 -- Took an inside handoff at the 6 yard line. Took advantage of great blocking, didn't have to read any further than the right side which was his initial read anyway, finished the run with a TD. Not impressive, but not bad either.

3Q 1:09 -- Beautifully designed 3rd & 2 play that required RoJo to use his speed to get to the outside for a dump-off pass to get the first down.

4Q 4:27 -- Holey S&*T, my first ever positive RoJo post. I love this run. It's just off-tackle, nothing fancy. RoJo runs to where he's supposed to go, even using the proper stutter-step to allow blocking to develop. I AM IN SHOCK. The best part is that Godwin looked confused on the play and switched his blocking assignment from DB to DE for seemingly no reason what-so-ever. RoJo had to adjust to this by doing a jump-cut at the point of contact. He turns his hips to the outside and even has the ball shielded away from defenders. WTF!? DO MY EYES DECEIVE ME? He uses great power and speed to run to the outside, and the rest is just a normal RB doing normal RB things. OK, gotta give him credit here. That run wasn't something that any RB could do. Only a handful have this ability. It was the perfect combination of skill and talent. This is the first time ever that I'm giving him credit.

That's it. It's just one play, but it was a good one. Does it matter that it was late in the game? Was the defense tired? I dunno, but he did his job and looked great doing it. Another thing I noticed is that he didn't run a single zone play all game, it was all power. Maybe that's something the coaching staff noticed that they could take advantage of. Eventually he'll have to learn zone plays, but for now maybe this will do?

It's not enough for me to believe in him yet, but it does make me think that we might see more good things out of a power package.
Appreciate the honest objective point of view. I have been trying to unload him for a while now, may shuffle him to a hold and see now.
12 Team PPR Scoring:
QB: Purdy, Pickett, Howell, Rodgers
RB: Bijan, Kamara, A. Jones Spears Allgeier, Tucker, Hunt
WR: ARSB, Ridley, Nacua, E. Moore, Hollywood, Addison, Mingo, Mooney,
M. Thomas, Gallup
TE: Hockenson, Ferguson
PK:
DST: Ravens

12 Team Superflex PPR Scoring:
QB: Fields, Tua, Howell, White
RB: J. Taylor, A. Jones, Pierce, Swift , K. Miller, Hunt, Ford,
WR: Pittman, Deebo, Godwin, Ridley, Gabe Davis, E. Moore, Mooney, Toney, Q. Johnson
TE: Ferguson, Okonkwo L. Thomas

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:04 pm

He's a top heavy speed back the is surprisingly strong for his size, has very little wiggle but a good first cut, and isn't a good receiver.

Sounds exactly like Travis Etienne and for some reason people are over the moon about Etienne (this is meant to be more a knock on Etienne than a praise of Rojo).

Back to Rojo, he'll never be an elite player with that description, but he can be a decent enough RB when there is a little room to run which is valuable in fantasy. Not all that different from a little bit stronger, little bit slower Darren McFadden.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:11 pm

So you're telling me there's a chance.......
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Krypto_King
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Krypto_King » Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:00 pm

Vcize wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:04 pm He's a top heavy speed back the is surprisingly strong for his size, has very little wiggle but a good first cut, and isn't a good receiver.

Sounds exactly like Travis Etienne and for some reason people are over the moon about Etienne (this is meant to be more a knock on Etienne than a praise of Rojo).

Back to Rojo, he'll never be an elite player with that description, but he can be a decent enough RB when there is a little room to run which is valuable in fantasy. Not all that different from a little bit stronger, little bit slower Darren McFadden.
do you disagree this power is strictly effort? I do not remember any power from college tape. I am skeptical it can continue once he gets nicked up or feels established. He is running for his career imo. It still looks out of control but it is mostly working

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:46 pm

dmac37 wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:56 pm
dlf_mikeh wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:49 pm 1Q 6:22 -- Stayed in to pass block for the first time all season and..... actually did it successfully. First time I can recall that he pass blocked the right way. OK.

1Q 3:32 -- Read the defense for first assignment (pass block). The linebackers didn't blitz so he checked to see if he was needed to help double team. Properly read the blocking and ran a delayed pattern to help his QB. That makes two plays in a row that he actually did his job correctly. I'm literally in shock.

2Q 0:52 -- Took an inside handoff at the 6 yard line. Took advantage of great blocking, didn't have to read any further than the right side which was his initial read anyway, finished the run with a TD. Not impressive, but not bad either.

3Q 1:09 -- Beautifully designed 3rd & 2 play that required RoJo to use his speed to get to the outside for a dump-off pass to get the first down.

4Q 4:27 -- Holey S&*T, my first ever positive RoJo post. I love this run. It's just off-tackle, nothing fancy. RoJo runs to where he's supposed to go, even using the proper stutter-step to allow blocking to develop. I AM IN SHOCK. The best part is that Godwin looked confused on the play and switched his blocking assignment from DB to DE for seemingly no reason what-so-ever. RoJo had to adjust to this by doing a jump-cut at the point of contact. He turns his hips to the outside and even has the ball shielded away from defenders. WTF!? DO MY EYES DECEIVE ME? He uses great power and speed to run to the outside, and the rest is just a normal RB doing normal RB things. OK, gotta give him credit here. That run wasn't something that any RB could do. Only a handful have this ability. It was the perfect combination of skill and talent. This is the first time ever that I'm giving him credit.

That's it. It's just one play, but it was a good one. Does it matter that it was late in the game? Was the defense tired? I dunno, but he did his job and looked great doing it. Another thing I noticed is that he didn't run a single zone play all game, it was all power. Maybe that's something the coaching staff noticed that they could take advantage of. Eventually he'll have to learn zone plays, but for now maybe this will do?

It's not enough for me to believe in him yet, but it does make me think that we might see more good things out of a power package.
Appreciate the honest objective point of view. I have been trying to unload him for a while now, may shuffle him to a hold and see now.
Same - much appreciated. :thumbup:

I do not own any Ronald Jones shares, but I would like (since I am a USC fan) to hear that he can become a success story. 8-)
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:02 am

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/footb ... 16-10abi8e

RoJo owners will be happy with the first part of this article.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:21 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:11 pm So you're telling me there's a chance.......
Last chance

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:34 pm

Rojo is PFFs highest graded RB through the first 4 games

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:01 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:34 pm Rojo is PFFs highest graded RB through the first 4 games
That is ridiculous. That's why I stopped reading that website.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:54 pm

Hope owners didn't sell low. Here comes Rojo!

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:40 pm

Wish I hadn't sold. It makes his (relative) success bittersweet.

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:11 pm

I tried to sell but couldnt. Still can't...so I'm still holding! He looked good this week. Id like to see an analysis from mikeh to see if he's actually improved at all or if this was an anomaly.
12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Murray, Prescott
RB | Jeff Wilson, Pierre-Strong
WR | Adams, Olave, ARSB, Dotson, Addison
TE | Andrews, Otton, Bellinger, Likely, Okonkwo
2024 | 1st 2025 | 1stx3, 2nd, 3rdx2

10 Team | SF | PPR

QB | Murray, Tagovailoa, Stroud
RB | Montgomery, Swift, Dobbins, Singletary, Jamaal Williams, R. White, Davis-Price, Herbert, Miller
WR | Godwin, AJB, Lamb, D. Johnson, M. Brown, Mooney, Kirk, J. Williams, Skyy Moore, Watson
TE | Andrews, Bellinger, Dulcich
2024 | 1st, 2nd, 3rd

12 Team | SF | PPR | 1.5TEP | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, FL, SF

QB | Herbert, Love, Young, Lance
RB | ETN, Pacheco, Ford, Warren
WR | ARSB, Wilson, Olave, DK, Flowers, Collins, Downs
TE | Hockenson, Dulcich, Likely, Otton
2024 | 2nd, 3rdx3, 4th

Kmani6
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kmani6 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:01 pm

He's improving every week, and is now getting carries. He played well this week. Look at Matt Waldman's twitter he breaks down a few plays. Mikeh isnt exactly the biggest RoJo fan...
Dynasty Team 1:

10 Man, Full PPR, .2 PPC, Double Flex

QB: Kyler Murray
RB: Saquon Barkley , Breece Hall, Swift, Dobbins, Gibson, CEH
WR: Devante Adams, Tyreek Hill, Jamarr Chase, DK Metcalf, Devonta Smith, Jerry Jeudy
TE: Travis Kelce

2023 Picks: 1.4, 1.8, 2.9, 3.2, 3.6, 3.8

Dynasty Team 2:

10 Man, Half PPR, Double Flex

QB: Tua
RB: Barkley , Mixon, Javonte, Jacobs, CEH
WR: AJB, Tyreek, Lamb, Aiyuk, Bateman
TE: Kittle

2022 Picks: 1.5, 1.6, 2.3
2023 Picks: 2 x 1st, 2 x 2nd

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:17 pm

That's exactly why I want to see his analysis. Also, RoJo just named starter going forward, officially.
Last edited by CGW on Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD

QB | Murray, Prescott
RB | Jeff Wilson, Pierre-Strong
WR | Adams, Olave, ARSB, Dotson, Addison
TE | Andrews, Otton, Bellinger, Likely, Okonkwo
2024 | 1st 2025 | 1stx3, 2nd, 3rdx2

10 Team | SF | PPR

QB | Murray, Tagovailoa, Stroud
RB | Montgomery, Swift, Dobbins, Singletary, Jamaal Williams, R. White, Davis-Price, Herbert, Miller
WR | Godwin, AJB, Lamb, D. Johnson, M. Brown, Mooney, Kirk, J. Williams, Skyy Moore, Watson
TE | Andrews, Bellinger, Dulcich
2024 | 1st, 2nd, 3rd

12 Team | SF | PPR | 1.5TEP | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, FL, SF

QB | Herbert, Love, Young, Lance
RB | ETN, Pacheco, Ford, Warren
WR | ARSB, Wilson, Olave, DK, Flowers, Collins, Downs
TE | Hockenson, Dulcich, Likely, Otton
2024 | 2nd, 3rdx3, 4th

SaQuads_9
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby SaQuads_9 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:36 pm

Get him for AP and a fourth after his week 2 dud! Glad he is finally turning it around and being given the chance to lead the backfield. I just had to keep reminding myself he is till only 22 and the same age or younger than some rookies
Team 1: 12 Team, PPR (.5 Point), 34 player roster: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, 2FLEX, DST (Year 4)
2020 Champ!

QB: J. Allen,Haskins,Huntley
RB: Saquon,Kamara,Dillion,Sanders,JRob,Snell,Hyde,Foreman,D. Jackson,Phillips
WR: Jefferson, Higgins,KA,Thielin,Ridley,Davis,Gallup,Dyami,A. Tate,N'Keal,Quez,Ruggs,Jennings,DPJ,Treadwell
TE: Knox,J. Smith,Ebron,Tyree, Harris,
2022 Picks: 4,4,

Team 2: 10 Team, PPR (.5 Point): 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 2TE, 2FLEX, SF (Year 1)

QB: Stafford,Ryan,Lance,Darnold,Love,Minshew,Winston
RB: Mixon,Swift,Jones,Dobbins,Dillon, Javonte, Mitchell, Herbert, Jamaal W,Guice
WR: DK,Lamb,AJB,Jeudy,T. Higgins,JuJu,Sutton,Marshall,R. Moore,Gage,Cephus,Quez,Osborn,Pascal
TE: Fant, Knox, Kmet,Hurst,Njoku,Bryant,
DEF: KC, SEA, IND
22 Picks: 2
23 Picks: 1,2,2