You Can Trade Away RoJo Now... Last Chance?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Re: You Can Trade Away RoJo Now... Last Chance?

Postby maxhyde » Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:39 am

dlf_mikeh wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:30 pm Oof... you're going down with the ship my friend. :P
That is all that didn't age well.

You can stand by your analysis and opinion however you also need to admit the last chance wasn't then. Few owners will struggle to sell a 22yr old 2nd round RB that appears to value related be on the rise.

Fantasy owners love those young players and it is unreasonable-value-adds-on-lowest-ages-season
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:16 pm

maxhyde wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:39 am
dlf_mikeh wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:30 pm Oof... you're going down with the ship my friend. :P

You can stand by your analysis and opinion however you also need to admit the last chance wasn't then. Few owners will struggle to sell a 22yr old 2nd round RB that appears to value related be on the rise.

Fantasy owners love those young players and it is unreasonable-value-adds-on-lowest-ages-season
We simply disagree. That comment aged just fine. Going down with the ship = sticking by him. And you're still sticking by him, right? Then I stand by that statement. :P

The "last chance" part has a question mark on it. I don't know when the end of his value is but I don't want to be holding him when it happens. The only reason RoJo gained any value at all is because Payton Barber, one of the worst RBs in the league, failed to perform. He still did better than RoJo in the preseason for two straight years to win the job in the first place. That should be a big red flag in itself... actually, RoJo wears two large red flags on his helmet in every game. :mrgreen:

So I repeat myself, but with more enthusiasm: You're going down with the ship, my friend! :P
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:20 pm

dlf_mikeh wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:16 pm

We simply disagree. That comment aged just fine. Going down with the ship = sticking by him. And you're still sticking by him, right? Then I stand by that statement. :P

The "last chance" part has a question mark on it. I don't know when the end of his value is but I don't want to be holding him when it happens. The only reason RoJo gained any value at all is because Payton Barber, one of the worst RBs in the league, failed to perform. He still did better than RoJo in the preseason for two straight years to win the job in the first place. That should be a big red flag in itself... actually, RoJo wears two large red flags on his helmet in every game. :mrgreen:

So I repeat myself, but with more enthusiasm: You're going down with the ship, my friend! :P
Is that the ship in the Bucs stadium?
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:14 pm

dlf_mikeh wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:16 pm

I stick with no player with the right value in return. Very few players I am so over invested in I stick with them through anything. Value is fluid so I buy a risk that has sufficient upside...Jones happened to be one of those guys to start 2019 season. He is not a "safe" player on my teams simply an asset with more value than 5 months ago

I haven't even ever commented on your analysis other than to say your assertion his value peaked was pre-mature at best. Didn't say any analysis was wrong. I don't agree with all of it but definitely thought your conclusion of "dump him now" was more than likely to be wrong over the next couple of years, than right.

...and you still can't admit that. So kind of pointless
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:25 pm

maxhyde wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:14 pm I haven't even ever commented on your analysis other than to say your assertion his value peaked was pre-mature at best. Didn't say any analysis was wrong. I don't agree with all of it but definitely thought your conclusion of "dump him now" was more than likely to be wrong over the next couple of years, than right.

There's even a question mark in the title. I've eluded to that twice now.

If you're only looking at the stats, RoJo had an OK year. If you're looking at his flat out horrible play on tape, his constant whiffing of blocks and dropping passes, wrong angles, inability to run zone, find cutback lanes, then you'd be on my side.

You seem to be looking for a proclamation so I'll give you one: If the Bucs use a draft pick to take a guy that I consider to be better than RoJo, using my future RB rookie review as a guide, then you're indeed looking at the very last chance to sell between now and then. If that doesn't happen, we're going to continue this up-and-down trend with him until he's finally replaced in a season or two.

So there you have it. I'll put my stamp on it and everything.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:27 pm

And by the way, this whole conversation is silly.

RoJo used to be worth a dollar. Everyone was happy and I called him a bust.

His value sank to 20 cents almost immediately. I advised everyone to sell.

His value grew to 30 cents and you want to crown yourself victorious.

Bravo?

Sell now. :P
ULTIMATE RB GURUs

REAL RB GURUs:

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:28 pm

dlf_mikeh wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:25 pm
maxhyde wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:14 pm I haven't even ever commented on your analysis other than to say your assertion his value peaked was pre-mature at best. Didn't say any analysis was wrong. I don't agree with all of it but definitely thought your conclusion of "dump him now" was more than likely to be wrong over the next couple of years, than right.

There's even a question mark in the title.
Bruh...

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sat Jan 25, 2020 4:15 pm

Interestingly enough I find myself agreeing with both dlf_mike & maxhyde.

I personally was on the side that Ronald Jones deserved more time & open minds so I did not agree with DLF_Mike last off-season in that RoJo should be a sell now.

So if you take the stance that what DLF_Mike is saying (in August) that you absolutely have to sell Ronald Jones immediately - then yes from that perspective he is "wrong". Ronald Jones ADP currently is actually higher in Jan 2020 than it was in August 2019.

But if you take the stance that what DLF_Mike is saying is that sooner rather than later, Ronald Jones is going to be proven a bust, and for that reason you should sell rather than hold/buy then I think actually he is going to be "right".

In regards to his run game, and obviously we will all have different opinions, I did not see anything that suggested Ronald Jones had improved over 2018. He did seem to improve somewhat as a blocker & a receiver. And trust me I wanted to.

The problem imho with DLF_Mikes stance in August is that Ronald Jones had already hit a natural low point, and had enough supporters/believers that any signs, even false positives, would be taken as incentive to rehabilitate Ronald Jones stock.

And while I disagree that Peyton Barber was the worst RB in the NFL, I do agree that the bar was set very low for Ronald Jones. Now I am not very high on Kenyon Drake. But he entered a difficult situation, behind Edmonds & DJ and a struggling O-Line, and somehow actually came out the other side in better shape.

Can the same actually be said for Ronald Jones?

He beat out Peyton Barber. Now he has to beat out the FAs & the 2020 rookies. Maybe he will, maybe he will not. But the odds could be more favorable to betting against Ronald Jones today than they actually were in August.

In other words, I think he spoke too soon - but he made his decision based on the evidence he had compiled and I respect that and I respect his willingness to defend his position, which some may now claim as being wrong, but 6 months from now could still end up being the right call. This off-season I think is the tipping point in Ronald Jones career & his value.

Similar to Davante Adams Year III, or Derrick Henry Year IV.

The difference between August & now is that if you WANT to sell Ronald Jones, you most likely will get a better deal now than you would have last off-season because many people now see Ronald Jones as a buy low set to breakout. That could change in a flash with a signing or the NFL Draft.

However if you remain a believer then you should stand pat. It is only if you're an owner looking to profit & an eye to his long term chances that you're likely inclined to sell.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:47 am

I'm getting chastised because a guy who was 20% his original draft value rose to 30% of his original draft value, and I warned that it might not happen.

Of all the proclamations and stances I've made in all the RB situations I've talked about, this one keeps popping up. I'd rather RoJo becomes a bonafide superstar and I become dead wrong than to be picked apart by some tedious increase in value. It's somewhat annoying.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs

REAL RB GURUs:

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:33 am

dlf_mikeh wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:27 pm And by the way, this whole conversation is silly.

RoJo used to be worth a dollar. Everyone was happy and I called him a bust.

His value sank to 20 cents almost immediately. I advised everyone to sell.

His value grew to 30 cents and you want to crown yourself victorious.

Bravo?

Sell now. :P
You created this thread when his value was 20 cents, not when it was a dollar.

Saying that RoJo won't have a long and prosperous career right now or even at the beginning of this year is not exactly going out on a limb. I doubt there are many people that really believe RoJo is going to have much more of a career than maybe a few years of low RB2 or flex play before fading away even as a ceiling.

All that's really left to discuss is when the proper time to sell him was, and it wasn't at the beginning of the year.

At the time the guys around him in ADP via mizelle who you could presumably trade him straight up for were Marquez Valdez Scantling, DeDe Westbrook, Kalen Ballage, and Jordan Howard. Now the guys around him in ADP via mizelle are Darren Waller, DeVante Parker, OJ Howard. I'd much rather be in talks right now to move him to a RB needy team for one of the guys on the latter list than the former.

And that's not counting the full season of low RB2/flex play people already got out of the deal by holding on to him this year, in addition to the better players they can now get in return for him.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

Lotto4Life
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Lotto4Life » Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:19 pm

We're now in broken clock territory.

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:14 pm

Just want to point out that there's hardly anyone on this forum who puts himself out there like Meurah with analysis and critique of players, especially RBs. So let's be careful not to go too hard against his efforts, cuz I don't see many others putting themselves on a limb. It's easy to criticize, lot harder to critique.

As for Ronald Jones, it may be the case that Jones is worth 30% now. But he was drafted at 1.5 back in 2018, and I don't think anyone is paying that price today, tomorrow or ever again for this dude.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:23 pm

Cult of Dionysus wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:14 pm Just want to point out that there's hardly anyone on this forum who puts himself out there like Meurah with analysis and critique of players, especially RBs. So let's be careful not to go too hard against his efforts, cuz I don't see many others putting themselves on a limb. It's easy to criticize, lot harder to critique.
I couldn't agree more. Meurah has made his position exceedingly clear, and the rest of us just get to eat popcorn and see it play out. I for one really appreciate his running back insight, as it feels like he helps me know what I'm watching even more. I'm really looking forward to his breakdowns of this 2020 RB class... I have a feeling I know who he's going to like... 8-)

As to Jones. We're about to get some real answers on this front when FA and the Draft open up. If you're bold enough to hold thinking his competition will *only* be Peyton Barber again this year - then kudos and more power to you.

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:41 pm

Cult of Dionysus wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:14 pm Just want to point out that there's hardly anyone on this forum who puts himself out there like Meurah with analysis and critique of players, especially RBs. So let's be careful not to go too hard against his efforts, cuz I don't see many others putting themselves on a limb. It's easy to criticize, lot harder to critique.
mild wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:23 pm I couldn't agree more. Meurah has made his position exceedingly clear, and the rest of us just get to eat popcorn and see it play out. I for one really appreciate his running back insight, as it feels like he helps me know what I'm watching even more. I'm really looking forward to his breakdowns of this 2020 RB class... I have a feeling I know who he's going to like... 8-)
That's nice of you to say but I respectfully argue otherwise. I think it's my purpose to put myself out there and it's everyone else's purpose to challenge my opinion when they see fit. I appreciate users pushing back and making it a challenge to express myself the way I see fit. I appreciate guys like max, Vcize, and DD. It makes me look at myself and my views and challenges me with confrontation, which I rather enjoy.

Your posts do not go unappreciated, so thank you both. The feedback & criticisms I receive is also welcomed. Everyone is in the right, nobody has stepped out of bounds here. The forum and everyone who reads it is better for it.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs

REAL RB GURUs:

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:01 pm

Reading this again, idk Meurah. Jones’ ADP is earlier now than it was when you posted a thread advising to sell him. As good as your analysis was on Jones and is in general, you were wrong here.

Your pre-draft takes on him are still correct. He’s bad. Just take an L here and move on, life’s better that way. Your analysis is too good for you to get bothered by being wrong on something this trivial.

For everybody victory lapping- idk what your endgame is. Jones still sucks. I bought my first and only share of him at 140 in a superflex startup last year, and I still can’t get anything for him now.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF