You Can Trade Away RoJo Now... Last Chance?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: You Can Trade Away RoJo Now... Last Chance?

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:04 am

Ray Finkle wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:40 pm So you lost several weeks of his production and then had to give the pick back? That doesn’t seem like a fun hobby
yeah that seems silly. Why not give a comp pick at the end of round one or round two to the team if they absolutely had to give them a pick back. It's still bad but not as bad.

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:39 am

Pick trading is fine
Throwing away picks in deals is fine
People should pay for any year that they trade picks

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:07 am

Mjvb5 wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:39 am Pick trading is fine
Yup. In all my leagues you have to pay in advance to trade a first from that season; in some you have to have to pay for the season to trade any picks from that year.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

burntfire
Role Player
Role Player

Postby burntfire » Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:13 pm

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:07 am
Yup. In all my leagues you have to pay in advance to trade a first from that season; in some you have to have to pay for the season to trade any picks from that year.
That's the thing. We pay in advance for the current season. It's if you want to trade future picks you have to pay for the next season in advance.

Comp pick might not be a bad idea. But yes essentially I lost his production for several weeks which caused me to lose the last week of the regular season which changed who I played against in the 1st round... I lost by 1 point. The team I was SUPPOSED to face I would have dominated and continued on.
14 Team Super Flex, 1 PPR
QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1 Flex, 1 SFlex, 3 IR

QB: Davis Mills, Kenny Pickett, Sam Darnold, Matt Corral
WR: Chris Godwin, A.J Brown, D.K. Metcalf, Jerry Jeudy, Jalen Reagor, Allen Lazard, K.J. Osborn, Skyy Moore, Tutu Atwell, Greg Dortch
RB: Josh Jacobs, Khalil Herbert, Tyson Chandler, Ronald Jones, K Gainwell
TE: Robert Tonyan, David Njoku, Jonnu Smith, Gerald Everett, Jelani Woods
2023: 1.05, 1.08
2024: 1

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:46 am

burntfire wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:13 pm
That's the thing. We pay in advance for the current season. It's if you want to trade future picks you have to pay for the next season in advance.

Comp pick might not be a bad idea. But yes essentially I lost his production for several weeks which caused me to lose the last week of the regular season which changed who I played against in the 1st round... I lost by 1 point. The team I was SUPPOSED to face I would have dominated and continued on.
I'm still confused. Why was the trade undone? It sounds like he made the trade without paying. We give somebody 24 hours to pay up... you guys gave this dude multiple weeks?
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

burntfire
Role Player
Role Player

Postby burntfire » Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:17 pm

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:46 am
burntfire wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:13 pm

I'm still confused. Why was the trade undone? It sounds like he made the trade without paying. We give somebody 24 hours to pay up... you guys gave this dude multiple weeks?
I'm still a bit confused on that one honestly. Would have been nice to know.
14 Team Super Flex, 1 PPR
QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1 Flex, 1 SFlex, 3 IR

QB: Davis Mills, Kenny Pickett, Sam Darnold, Matt Corral
WR: Chris Godwin, A.J Brown, D.K. Metcalf, Jerry Jeudy, Jalen Reagor, Allen Lazard, K.J. Osborn, Skyy Moore, Tutu Atwell, Greg Dortch
RB: Josh Jacobs, Khalil Herbert, Tyson Chandler, Ronald Jones, K Gainwell
TE: Robert Tonyan, David Njoku, Jonnu Smith, Gerald Everett, Jelani Woods
2023: 1.05, 1.08
2024: 1

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:47 pm

The scrub Rojo leads the league in yards after contact.

Ray Finkle
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Ray Finkle » Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:24 pm

He is turning into a fine pro imo. I’m sure he’ll always have some knucklehead moments but no reason he can’t have nice a L.Blount type career or better and hold decent value for fantasy purposes.

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:17 am

Ray Finkle wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:24 pm He is turning into a fine pro imo. I’m sure he’ll always have some knucklehead moments but no reason he can’t have nice a L.Blount type career or better and hold decent value for fantasy purposes.
I'd hope he has more upside than Blount. Blount put up 2 usable fantasy seasons in his 9 years, 2010 and 2016.

Rojo is an above average rusher. Took him a while to adapt, but he has. His deficiencies are in pass blocking and receiving, which will limit his upside.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:22 pm

I'm buying. People are practically giving this guy away. He was easily the best runner on the Bucs last year. They will be winning a lot of games, which means Rojo will be clock eating. Rojo was on pace for 1100 yards before he broke his finger. With the added game, I see 1100 yards on the ground, 30-35 catches, and 10 total TD's. Dude runs nasty. He has improved every year, and I don't think Fournette has any shot at displacing him as the main early down runner. I was not a fan when he entered the league, but he's now a value. Not quite 24 yet, and in year 2 of a SB offense that brought back every single player on both sides of the ball in the starting 22.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick