You Can Trade Away RoJo Now... Last Chance?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
CGW
Legend
Legend

Re: You Can Trade Away RoJo Now... Last Chance?

Postby CGW » Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:28 pm

Not sure if it counts, but penny unintentionally gained a dozen pounds before rookie camp.
12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Burrow
RB |
WR | Puka, Olave, Smith, Flowers, Dotson, Addison
TE | Pitts, Otton, Bellinger, Likely, Okonkwo
2024 | 1.01, 1.02, 4.01, 5.01
| 1stx3, 3rdx3

10 Team | SF | PPR | 2023 Champ
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Allen, Stroud, Young
RB | K Williams, White, Monty, Herbert, Chandler
WR | Lamb, AJB, Puka, Waddle, Mooney, J. Williams, Watson, Davis
TE | Andrews, Bellinger, Dulcich
2024 | 1.04, 3.10

12 Team | SF | PPR | 1.5TEP | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, FL, SF

QB | Herbert Lance
RB | ETN, Pacheco, K Williams, Singletary, Henry, A Jones, Warren
WR | ARSB, Wilson, Olave, DK, Puka, Flowers, Downs,
TE | Hockenson, Likely, Otton

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:36 pm

Rojo is turning into Beast Mode 2

skinfanjon
Role Player
Role Player

Postby skinfanjon » Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:25 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:05 pm
Patsfan86 wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:03 pm This thread may be best thread on here and i feel like everyone should just glance through it here and there, it shows some things

A. Rookie or even sophomore backs dont always produce immediately, dont give up on them, be patient like we are with WRs. There seems to be some myth out there that rookie RBs produce immediately and if they dont they are busts, thats not true, Rojo and especially King Henry show this

B. "Take lock" is a real thing. We all get stuck in takes on players sometimes and it can hurt us in this fun game. I still wont touch Davante Parker for instance and refuse to believe he is any good, data may show im wrong but i refuse to believe it :) :) :) Sometimes guys we hate are good and we need to be able to see that, and sometimes "our guys" suck and we need to cut bait. We need to adjust to things as they come or miss out on opportunities

C. Dynasty truly is about the long run and the fun of it is watching these young players develop and debating/ Arguing with friends or random people on message boards about players.

I do love this thread though and it always makes me laugh.
Jones came into the league as a smallish, big play back, and transformed himself into a 225 LB between the tackles bruiser. I can't recall this type of thing happening. I remember when Bell CUT weight, and it allowed him to become a much more explosive back, but I can't recall something like this, so our college impression of Rojo is basically irrelevant at this point.
This exactly. He looks like a completely different player. He was supposed to be a home run hitter and now he's a grinder. The transformation needs to be more readily acknowledged.

skinfanjon
Role Player
Role Player

Postby skinfanjon » Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:27 pm

Patsfan86 wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:03 pm This thread may be best thread on here and i feel like everyone should just glance through it here and there, it shows some things

A. Rookie or even sophomore backs dont always produce immediately, dont give up on them, be patient like we are with WRs. There seems to be some myth out there that rookie RBs produce immediately and if they dont they are busts, thats not true, Rojo and especially King Henry show this

B. "Take lock" is a real thing. We all get stuck in takes on players sometimes and it can hurt us in this fun game. I still wont touch Davante Parker for instance and refuse to believe he is any good, data may show im wrong but i refuse to believe it :) :) :) Sometimes guys we hate are good and we need to be able to see that, and sometimes "our guys" suck and we need to cut bait. We need to adjust to things as they come or miss out on opportunities

C. Dynasty truly is about the long run and the fun of it is watching these young players develop and debating/ Arguing with friends or random people on message boards about players.

Just to play devils advocate on your first point: you'd still have had to hold him for 2 full years to enjoy the current returns and there is an opportunity cost associated with that. It depends on league size and roster constraints but I play mostly FFPC and there's no way I want to hold a guy for two full seasons with the hope he becomes an RB2. I'd rather cut bait, take a loss, and use the roster spot.

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:34 pm

skinfanjon wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:27 pm

Just to play devils advocate on your first point: you'd still have had to hold him for 2 full years to enjoy the current returns and there is an opportunity cost associated with that. It depends on league size and roster constraints but I play mostly FFPC and there's no way I want to hold a guy for two full seasons with the hope he becomes an RB2. I'd rather cut bait, take a loss, and use the roster spot.
Yeah, but maybe the point is that RoJo shouldn’t have been dismissed after his awful first season. Meaning yes, you should draft players that you think will produce early, but Jones did have a nice buy window.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:55 pm

Sorry man, FFPC isn’t a dynasty even though they call it that. It’s really a keeper league.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:19 pm

CGW wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:28 pm Not sure if it counts, but penny unintentionally gained a dozen pounds before rookie camp.
Ugh, don’t remind me

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:28 pm

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:34 pm

Yeah, but maybe the point is that RoJo shouldn’t have been dismissed after his awful first season. Meaning yes, you should draft players that you think will produce early, but Jones did have a nice buy window.
Jones came into the league very young. Had a rough rookie year, basically red shirted. Changed his body, and looked much better last year. Changed his body even more this off season, and has looked better than last year. He transformed his game, and looks like a much better player. People may be surprised to hear this, but he's younger than Miles Sanders.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

skinfanjon
Role Player
Role Player

Postby skinfanjon » Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:32 pm

thebeast wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:55 pm

Sorry man, FFPC isn’t a dynasty even though they call it that. It’s really a keeper league.
Lol thanks for clearing that up, Dynasty Police. Ill try to find a competitive Infinity Flex, Quadruple IDP, Triple Copy, 128 team, Empire League to join so I can get on your level.

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:37 pm

skinfanjon wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:32 pm

Lol thanks for clearing that up, Dynasty Police. Ill try to find a competitive Infinity Flex, Quadruple IDP, Triple Copy, 128 team, Empire League to join so I can get on your level.
It’s not about getting on a level. Every format can be fun and if you like FFPC that is cool. But it’s a deep keeper league. When you have to trim your roster to 16 in the off-season and basically get rid of all the potential that didn’t pan out year one, that isn’t dynasty. The whole point of dynasty is to let players you believe in develop, you can’t do that in FFPC format.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:37 pm

I have something similar, but it's actually Campus to Canton, not empire. It's also a contract league. 72 spots left, and going fast!

skinfanjon
Role Player
Role Player

Postby skinfanjon » Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:49 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:37 pm

I have something similar, but it's actually Campus to Canton, not empire. It's also a contract league. 72 spots left, and going fast!
If you're not drafting middle school players your league is trash bruh.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:49 pm

skinfanjon wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:49 pm

I'm actually coming up with a format that included pre natal. Still some kinks to iron out.

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:59 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:49 pm

I'm actually coming up with a format that included pre natal. Still some kinks to iron out.
I’ve already drafted my 7 and 2 1/2 year old boys in a devy league, a lot of pressure around here for them to pan out😂😂

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:13 pm

Cowboysfan33 wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:59 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:49 pm

I’ve already drafted my 7 and 2 1/2 year old boys in a devy league, a lot of pressure around here for them to pan out😂😂
:lol: :thumbup: