RBBC in Kansas City

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Re: RBBC in Kansas City

Postby abloom » Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:40 am

dlf_mikeh wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:31 am I haven't been paying attention to this thread anymore, but now I have to ask: Is Damien Williams STILL being held/valued?

He was just dropped in both my redrafts. I don't think anybody will be interested in picking him up.
I think he's being held (well until the mahommes injury) but predominantly not played unless he is forced in during bye weeks. Probably with the idea that if McCoy goes down thats a lot of potential work for hiim

Really happy that I traded him away for hunt during the off season.
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, Fields, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens, wilson
T: Kelce, Goedert, Thomas, woods
D: cle, nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson, Browning, Rudolph, Zappe
R: Swift, Walker, Dobbins, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen, Nuk, Tre tucker, C Samuel,
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2023/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2023/ ... =0009&O=01

TimeWillTell
Captain
Captain

Postby TimeWillTell » Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:40 am

I reached out to the DWill owner to see what he wanted (just curious, I wouldn't pay a 3rd personally). He asked for his 2020 1st that I own back. He's currently 2-4 and that pick will likely be top 5. I almost squirted bourbon out my nose (spoiler: that hurts)
2020, 2021, 2022 Champion!
12 Team 1QB 0.5 PPR 30 man roster
Start: 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex,1K,1Def
QB: Mahomes, Brady, Stafford
RB: Barkley, Taylor, Dobbins, Swift, Jacobs
WR: Chase, Jefferson, AJB, Lamb, DJM, Olave, Dotson, Mike Evans
TE: Hock, Dulcich, Chig, Fant, Jonnu, Hurst, Everett
K: Some guy
Def: Who knows
1.01, 1.03

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:46 am

TimeWillTell wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:40 am I reached out to the DWill owner to see what he wanted (just curious, I wouldn't pay a 3rd personally). He asked for his 2020 1st that I own back. He's currently 2-4 and that pick will likely be top 5. I almost squirted bourbon out my nose (spoiler: that hurts)
:shock:

I DON'T........ GET IT.

Some people would rather go down fighting than to admit defeat. I never understood that mindset. I have 0 problem admitting I was wrong and bailing at the first sight of failure. In my opinion that's a strength, not a weakness.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:53 am

dlf_mikeh wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:46 am
TimeWillTell wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:40 am I reached out to the DWill owner to see what he wanted (just curious, I wouldn't pay a 3rd personally). He asked for his 2020 1st that I own back. He's currently 2-4 and that pick will likely be top 5. I almost squirted bourbon out my nose (spoiler: that hurts)

I DON'T........ GET IT.

Some people would rather go down fighting than to admit defeat. I never understood that mindset. I have 0 problem admitting I was wrong and bailing at the first sight of failure. In my opinion that's a strength, not a weakness.
Oh I know. The village idiot in my home league stubbornly keeps starting him over way better options. He foolishly believes Damien is a must start and McCoy is washed... uhhhhh.

djeternal2
Captain
Captain

Postby djeternal2 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:11 am

I'm holding & starting him still but it's a 16 team league and my RBs are trash as you can see by my sig (Early Birds league). If anyone came to me with a 3rd or 4th he'd be gone.
10 tm ppr 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 Flex, TE, K, TDEF (Yr 6)
QB - Ryan, Wentz
RB - Gurley, A Jones, Cohen, Kerryon, Dam Williams, Duke, I Smith, Armstead, T Carson
WR - AJG, Watkins, ARob, A. Cooper, K Allen, M Williams, Godwin, Callaway, JJAW
TE - Gesicki, I Smith, Herndon, Eifert, Sternberger, Dissly

10 tm TE prem 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, K, 2 DB, 2 DL, 2 LB (Yr 5)
QB - Mahomes, Mayfield, Wentz,
RB - Zeke, Chubb, Kerryon, Duke, Edmonds, B Hill
WR - Nuk, AJG, ARob, JJS, Samuel, MVS, T Smith, D Hamilton, Gallup, K Johnson
TE - Njoku, Eifert, Herndon, I Smith, I Thomas, Moreau
DL - Watt, K Clark, Q Williams
LB - D Jones, D Bush
DB - K Neal, Bell

DLF Early Birds - 16 tm SF (1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex, 1 SF
QB - A Rodgers, Darnold, Rosen, M Rudolph, Luck
RB - Damian Williams, J Howard, Duke, AP, Gore
WR - Julio, Golladay, Kirk, Stills, Manny Sanders, N Harry
TE - Jarwin, Gesicki, Boyle, Sprinkle

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:57 am

dlf_mikeh wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:46 am

I DON'T........ GET IT.

While I agree that knowing when to cut bait can be a strength - and in this case it is likely that choosing Damien Williams over say a future 2nd may likely hurt your team by sticking with it - is that not the story of guys like Damien Williams & other former UDFA or low draft picks?

What I mean is if Damien Williams or Tyrell Williams or *insert UDFA here* gave up at the first sign of failure they would not be in the NFL today. Yes underdogs are underdogs for a reason, and the odds are against them - and Damien Williams may finally be coming to the end of the line - but somes an owner is going to want to just go the distance.

In the end I think it comes down to how much belief you have in a player. If it is just a guy to you, and you're ok with going to the next long shot, then that is perfectly fine. We all do that weekly adding & dropping players hoping we've struck gold. But sometimes, and yes I know it can be construed as doing the same thing over & over again and expecting a different result, we are going to keep going to bat for a player.

So I think it depends - if you do this with every single player you own, then it is more harmful than good, but if you have 1-2 passion projects that you keep on your roster barring an 'insane offer' then that isnt a weakness. Sometimes you play the odds, and sometimes you play your gut *shrugs*

After all early 1sts = 50% hit rate or so right? Late 1st is like 25%? So if this owner feels Damien Williams has a 25% chance of reverting to the Damien Williams of last year, fair enough.

And I'm someone who cut bait on Damien Williams early. Just saying I can understand the mindset of someone who does not want to cut bait. Because we all have a guy we refuse to give up on. Like you & Ronald Jones. :biggrin: :wink: :wink:
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:53 pm

ArrylT wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:57 am What I mean is if Damien Williams or Tyrell Williams or *insert UDFA here* gave up at the first sign of failure they would not be in the NFL today.
I was talking strictly FF speaking. The 100th best RB has value in the NFL, but not in fantasy.
ArrylT wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:57 amAfter all early 1sts = 50% hit rate or so right? Late 1st is like 25%? So if this owner feels Damien Williams has a 25% chance of reverting to the Damien Williams of last year, fair enough.
Well yeah, it's ultimately up to each individual owner to formulate their own opinions. I'm just amazed that some people think his body of work is enough to warrant a 1st round pick in value. 256 yards rushing in 2018 and now he's elite?... I just don't get it.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:47 pm

We had you pegged all along as a squirter

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:02 am

dlf_mikeh wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:53 pm
ArrylT wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:57 am What I mean is if Damien Williams or Tyrell Williams or *insert UDFA here* gave up at the first sign of failure they would not be in the NFL today.
I was talking strictly FF speaking. The 100th best RB has value in the NFL, but not in fantasy.
ArrylT wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:57 amAfter all early 1sts = 50% hit rate or so right? Late 1st is like 25%? So if this owner feels Damien Williams has a 25% chance of reverting to the Damien Williams of last year, fair enough.
Well yeah, it's ultimately up to each individual owner to formulate their own opinions. I'm just amazed that some people think his body of work is enough to warrant a 1st round pick in value. 256 yards rushing in 2018 and now he's elite?... I just don't get it.
Agreed with both. :)
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:06 am

Whatever combo KC decides to go with in the backfield, I imagine they're at least going to try to emphasize the running game for the next month or so until Mahomes gets back. And in response we'll probably see defenses stacking the box, daring the Chiefs to try and beat them through the air. With Moore and Henne at the helm, I'm not too confident in my shares of KC pass-catchers for the next several weeks.

More carries and catches coming for the KC RB's.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

BigJoeWall72
Role Player
Role Player

Postby BigJoeWall72 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:18 am

I was surprised to not find this thread on the first page this morning...

Since McCoy's fumble in the third quarter of Week 8, Damien Williams has had a much larger percent of the workload than McCoy has. DamWill had 7 touches after that fumble in Week 8 vs 0 touches for McCoy after the fumble, and then 14 touches for DamWill as opposed to 4 touches for McCoy this week.

Seems like a distinct shift toward DamWill to me. Thought that was worth a bump...

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:54 am

He has definitely started to break away from Shady in the snap count department. Still doesn't look like the rushing attack we've seen in the past from KC, even with Moore at QB. I'm still looking to 2020 for this backfield. Do we think they will be putting any draft capital into a RB?
12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Murray, Prescott
RB | Jeff Wilson, Pierre-Strong
WR | Adams, Olave, ARSB, Dotson, Addison
TE | Andrews, Otton, Bellinger, Likely, Okonkwo
2024 | 1st 2025 | 1stx3, 2nd, 3rdx2

10 Team | SF | PPR
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Murray, Tagovailoa, Stroud
RB | Montgomery, Swift, Dobbins, Singletary, Jamaal Williams, R. White, Davis-Price, Herbert, Miller
WR | Godwin, AJB, Lamb, D. Johnson, M. Brown, Mooney, Kirk, J. Williams, Skyy Moore, Watson
TE | Andrews, Bellinger, Dulcich
2024 | 1st, 2nd, 3rd

12 Team | SF | PPR | 1.5TEP | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, FL, SF

QB | Herbert, Love, Young, Lance
RB | ETN, Pacheco, Ford, Warren
WR | ARSB, Wilson, Olave, DK, Flowers, Collins, Downs
TE | Hockenson, Dulcich, Likely, Otton
2024 | 2nd, 3rdx3, 4th

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:57 am

BTW, I guess Hyde isn't terrible like everyone said.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:57 am

BigJoeWall72 wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:18 am I was surprised to not find this thread on the first page this morning...

Since McCoy's fumble in the third quarter of Week 8, Damien Williams has had a much larger percent of the workload than McCoy has. DamWill had 7 touches after that fumble in Week 8 vs 0 touches for McCoy after the fumble, and then 14 touches for DamWill as opposed to 4 touches for McCoy this week.

Seems like a distinct shift toward DamWill to me. Thought that was worth a bump...
Maybe you can get a 2nd for him now. The days of a first are long gone. I would be selling off that big run that skewed the stat line. The Chiefs haven't really run the ball well all year.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:00 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:57 am BTW, I guess Hyde isn't terrible like everyone said.
Not everyone