General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: RBBC in Kansas City

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:32 am

djeternal2 wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:21 am
ColdZealDonkeyStrike wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:09 am
lukkynumber13 wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:04 pm I still think Damien is more than JAG - Better than a Spencer Ware or Charc West for instance.

I think he's like Carlos Hyde in his San Fran prime (except a way better receiver), or a better version of Corey Clement. Good size, really nice mitts, and fine in the open field as well as in the grit.
This is a good comparison. JAG to me sounds like you are not significantly better than a guy signed off the street. Williams is somewhere between a good NFL starter and a JAG.
It just so happens that KC is such a sweet spot that it's hard to differentiate yourself there.

Also, the corpse of LeSean McCoy, the latest big slow LSU RB, and Kenyan Drake's backup from Miami all look great here.
Tell me again why I should sell Chubb before Hunt comes back? :lol:
Because Hunt has led the league in rushing and is a Pro Bowler.
Chubb isn't threatened by Hunt. They may want to conserve Chubb if they are looking to make the playoffs, but Chubb has solidified himself as a top back in the NFL, and he's not in danger of losing his job to Hunt.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:40 am

lukkynumber13 wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:04 pm I still think Damien is more than JAG - Better than a Spencer Ware or Charc West for instance.

I think he's like Carlos Hyde in his San Fran prime (except a way better receiver), or a better version of Corey Clement. Good size, really nice mitts, and fine in the open field as well as in the grit.
This is a good comparison. JAG to me sounds like you are not significantly better than a guy signed off the street. Williams is somewhere between a good NFL starter and a JAG.
It just so happens that KC is such a sweet spot that it's hard to differentiate yourself there.

Also, the corpse of LeSean McCoy, the latest big slow LSU RB, and Kenyan Drake's backup from Miami all look great here.
.... on a team where Darrel Williams looks like a pro bowler.
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...

djeternal2
Captain
Captain

Postby djeternal2 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:02 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:32 am

Chubb isn't threatened by Hunt. They may want to conserve Chubb if they are looking to make the playoffs, but Chubb has solidified himself as a top back in the NFL, and he's not in danger of losing his job to Hunt.
Sorry forgot to use my sarcasm font. Altho you would've been one of the few that I thought would need that since we've had this discussion before regarding chubb/Hunt and you've seen me argue with Ice on the whole Pro Bowl argument before in regards to Lindsay.
10 tm ppr 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 Flex, TE, K, TDEF (Yr 6)
QB - Ryan, Wentz
RB - Gurley, A Jones, Cohen, Kerryon, Dam Williams, Duke, I Smith, Armstead, T Carson
WR - AJG, Watkins, ARob, A. Cooper, K Allen, M Williams, Godwin, Callaway, JJAW
TE - Gesicki, I Smith, Herndon, Eifert, Sternberger, Dissly

10 tm TE prem 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, K, 2 DB, 2 DL, 2 LB (Yr 5)
QB - Mahomes, Mayfield, Wentz,
RB - Zeke, Chubb, Kerryon, Duke, Edmonds, B Hill
WR - Nuk, AJG, ARob, JJS, Samuel, MVS, T Smith, D Hamilton, Gallup, K Johnson
TE - Njoku, Eifert, Herndon, I Smith, I Thomas, Moreau
DL - Watt, K Clark, Q Williams
LB - D Jones, D Bush
DB - K Neal, Bell

DLF Early Birds - 16 tm SF (1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex, 1 SF
QB - A Rodgers, Darnold, Rosen, M Rudolph, Luck
RB - Damian Williams, J Howard, Duke, AP, Gore
WR - Julio, Golladay, Kirk, Stills, Manny Sanders, N Harry
TE - Jarwin, Gesicki, Boyle, Sprinkle

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:33 am

djeternal2 wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:02 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:32 am

Sorry forgot to use my sarcasm font. Altho you would've been one of the few that I thought would need that since we've had this discussion before regarding chubb/Hunt and you've seen me argue with Ice on the whole Pro Bowl argument before in regards to Lindsay.
:doh: Should have looked more carefully at who posted. Never mind. :lol:

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sat Oct 05, 2019 4:56 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:34 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:15 pm
Phaded wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:55 pm Lots of people were saying Damien was not JAG.
Yeah there were threads with as many pages as some novels going over this.
Aside from 1 or 2 really vocal posters, I don't remember that being the case as much as "he should continue to produce in the offense because...he produced in the offense."
That was my recollection as well. There certainly is nothing wrong with a poster who believes in Damien Williams talent - it was more a minority who made enough noise to appear larger than they were. That is oftentimes the case here on the Forums. People will frequently mistake the postings of a few posters and make the mistaken assumption that it is a majority or consensus of posters - when at most it might be the majority of a small enough subset of people interested enough in posting on the topic.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:24 pm

ColdZealDonkeyStrike wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:40 am

None of these backs come close to what Hunt accomplished from running the ball. Pass-catching you could argue but this is just a stupid statement.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Oct 05, 2019 1:22 pm

Phaded wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:24 pm
ColdZealDonkeyStrike wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:40 am

None of these backs come close to what Hunt accomplished from running the ball. Pass-catching you could argue but this is just a stupid statement.
First off, DJeternal was being facetious. Secondly, Chubb is the lead back in Cleveland, and Hunt is a COP back. That's pretty much known. Hunt is a much better RB than Darrel Williams, nobody should be arguing that.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:18 pm

Damien Williams only had 2 touches this week, but had 9 Fantasy Points. I don't know how much more elite it gets.

On a serious note, looking at 2020, if they take a RB in the first 4 rounds, that rookie is going to fly up draft boards.

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:13 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:18 pm Damien Williams only had 2 touches this week, but had 9 Fantasy Points. I don't know how much more elite it gets.

On a serious note, looking at 2020, if they take a RB in the first 4 rounds, that rookie is going to fly up draft boards.
4.5 FPPT!?!? This guy is capable of being soo much better than the most elite of elites! Extrapolate that out to a full season of 300 touches, and even a conservative measure of only 80% of that production puts him as best all time!

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:20 am

Is it wrong that I was wondering what Damien Williams updated all-time FPPT was after last night? 11 touches, 12 total yards.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:16 am

ArrylT wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:20 am Is it wrong that I was wondering what Damien Williams updated all-time FPPT was after last night? 11 touches, 12 total yards.
You should know...when it comes to Damien we throw out those numbers because it's obviously an outlier. Only outliers that make him best of all time are to be accounted for.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:19 am

Valhalla wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:16 am
ArrylT wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:20 am Is it wrong that I was wondering what Damien Williams updated all-time FPPT was after last night? 11 touches, 12 total yards.
You should know...when it comes to Damien we throw out those numbers because it's obviously an outlier. Only outliers that make him best of all time are to be accounted for.
His current FPPT are about a 1/3 of the amount of future firsts he's worth. I'm think the Chiefs offense is holding a talent like him back, personally. I hope they trade him before the deadline. I think he'd be a much better fit on the JAG's.
Last edited by FantasyFreak on Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:31 am

I haven't been paying attention to this thread anymore, but now I have to ask: Is Damien Williams STILL being held/valued?

He was just dropped in both my redrafts. I don't think anybody will be interested in picking him up.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:36 am

dlf_mikeh wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:31 am I haven't been paying attention to this thread anymore, but now I have to ask: Is Damien Williams STILL being held/valued?

He was just dropped in both my redrafts. I don't think anybody will be interested in picking him up.
I don't think any Chiefs RB can be started in a standard redraft league. Maybe McCoy, but the Chiefs don't run the ball much and their offensive line is the 30th best unit in terms of run blocking. So, you're not getting much except touchdown dependent production.

PPR is a different story.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:36 am

dlf_mikeh wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:31 am I haven't been paying attention to this thread anymore, but now I have to ask: Is Damien Williams STILL being held/valued?

I haven't seen any trades for him recently. His value was always inflated IMO, and it was based off of a small sample size that has now changed to a larger sample size. He is not producing, or getting significant touches. He has been relegated to a minor role, and now the QB that drove that high powered offense is out at least 3 weeks. I think he would be worth about a 3rd right now, at best.