RBBC in Kansas City

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Huh
Starter
Starter

Re: RBBC in Kansas City

Postby Huh » Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:51 am

I think the writing is on the wall for Hyde. This looks like the rb room from late last year with Darwin taking west’s spot. Wheels up for Damien and I foresee a frustratingly decent season for Darwin. Maybe similar to Hines last year. He’ll pop occasionally but who can say when. We can love that cute little runt but never forget he is a runt.

Lord_Varys
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Lord_Varys » Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:10 am

Huh wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:51 am I think the writing is on the wall for Hyde. This looks like the rb room from late last year with Darwin taking west’s spot. Wheels up for Damien and I foresee a frustratingly decent season for Darwin. Maybe similar to Hines last year. He’ll pop occasionally but who can say when. We can love that cute little runt but never forget he is a runt.
Wouldn't make sense for the Chiefs to carry 4 RBs on their game-day roster. Can't remember the last time Reid did that. It'll be Hyde battling with Darrell Williams for the depth position. Damien can live with Darwin. Owners need to grab Darwin though on account of Damien having that funky smell about him.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:19 am

These threads went from "Hyde might actually be the starter" to remembering that he's not that good anymore.

Huh
Starter
Starter

Postby Huh » Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:40 am

Lord_Varys wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:10 am
Huh wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:51 am I think the writing is on the wall for Hyde. This looks like the rb room from late last year with Darwin taking west’s spot. Wheels up for Damien and I foresee a frustratingly decent season for Darwin. Maybe similar to Hines last year. He’ll pop occasionally but who can say when. We can love that cute little runt but never forget he is a runt.
Wouldn't make sense for the Chiefs to carry 4 RBs on their game-day roster. Can't remember the last time Reid did that. It'll be Hyde battling with Darrell Williams for the depth position. Damien can live with Darwin. Owners need to grab Darwin though on account of Damien having that funky smell about him.
That smell is nag champa. Some people love it, some don’t.

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:05 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:19 am These threads went from "Hyde might actually be the starter" to remembering that he's not that good anymore.
Yeah but that wasn’t based on film, just data. That’s often a bad idea in itself.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:41 am

dlf_mikeh wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:05 am
Cameron Giles wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:19 am These threads went from "Hyde might actually be the starter" to remembering that he's not that good anymore.
Yeah but that wasn’t based on film, just data. That’s often a bad idea in itself.
I believe I was the only one putting up an argument for Hyde....and even I prefaced that argument with both "I believe Damien is good and will be given every opportunity to retain his starting role," and with "I'm not qualified to talk about Darwin." The only strong argument for Hyde was basically a "he is still possibly a very capable back if things fall his way" type of argument. I never argued against Darwin, as I didn't seriously put any effort into watching him and I don't like to pretend I know things that I'm just reading others say.

You are correct, though. My argument was simply putting context behind the data that was pointing out Hyde as below replacement level. If you believe Hyde looks horrible on film, I have no counter as I haven't looked at his recent film either. I suppose I just enjoy making counter arguments when I see some flaws in statistical interpretation.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:32 am

ericanadian wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:06 pm Is the general consensus that Hyde is a trash RB? He had a down year in San Francisco as their line was being reworked to fit the outside zone system in 2017 and last year Hyde was playing for two trash offenses (Cleveland’s offense didn’t really come alive until Mayfield came in and even then was inconsistent.) He’s clearly not elite, but he’s shown he can be effective in the right system. His time outside of Kansas City was substantially better than where Damien Williams was coming into last year.
@Valhalla: I also stumped for Hyde on much the same grounds. I stand by my original comments and believe your comments still make sense. Thompson has looked electric, so I’m not sure that his passing Hyde is necessarily all on Hyde.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:05 am

Perhaps Darwin Thompson fans should be making the argument that Darwin Thompson is passing Carlos Hyde on the depth chart IN SPITE OF Carlos Hyde rather than due to.

IE Thompson has been so good he has leapt ahead of a guy who has been average rather than he passed a guy who sucks. I'd rather have a Ferrari that is better than a Civic, than a Civic that is better than a Pinto ...
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Huh
Starter
Starter

Postby Huh » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:40 am

ArrylT wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:05 am Perhaps Darwin Thompson fans should be making the argument that Darwin Thompson is passing Carlos Hyde on the depth chart IN SPITE OF Carlos Hyde rather than due to.

IE Thompson has been so good he has leapt ahead of a guy who has been average rather than he passed a guy who sucks. I'd rather have a Ferrari that is better than a Civic, than a Civic that is better than a Pinto ...
Yeaaaah, but it’s hyde we’re talking about and he is a pinto.

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby kmbryant09 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:42 am

ArrylT wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:05 am Perhaps Darwin Thompson fans should be making the argument that Darwin Thompson is passing Carlos Hyde on the depth chart IN SPITE OF Carlos Hyde rather than due to.

Could be a bit of both, no?

Hyde still sucks, I'm not surprised.

But for Thompson, this is the first glimpses we have of him in the NFL. As an undersized, 6th round pick from a small school, it's always a question mark if that player's strengths are going to translate to the NFL. It's only 2 weeks, but so far his strengths seem to be translating.

That a 6th rounder has climbed to 2nd string on the depth chart - and splitting 1st team reps - before the season has even started is a compliment to that player, no matter who is/was ahead of them on the depth chart.
10-team/.5 PPR/5 Pts per Passing TD. Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLEX (rb/wr/te)
QB: J. Hurts, K. Murray
RB: Bi. Robinson, D. Henry, D. Achane, , J. Cook, Z. Charbonnet, T. Chandler, R. Johnson, K. Mitchell, J.K. Dobbins, T. Allgeier, J. McLaughlin, S. Tucker, T. Bigsby
WR: G. Wilson, B. Aiyuk, J. Waddle, T. Higgins,, Z. Flowers, Di. Johnson, K. Toney, A. Iosivas
TE: K. Pitts, E. Engram, C. Okonkwo, G. Dulcich

Pew Dogs
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Pew Dogs » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:21 am

The two are not mutually exclusive.
12 team, dynasty, ppr, 1RB, 3WR, 1TE, 3RB/WR/TEFlex
QB P.Mahomes, J.Goff
RB J.Taylor, A.Kamara, E.Elliott, T.Pollard
WR D.Chark, B.Cooks, A.Cooper, A.St.Brown, J.Tolbert, T.Marshall, D.Slayton
TE T.Kelce, H.Henry

(League champ somehow)
QB J.Burrow
RB T.Etienne, I,Pacheco, J.Cook, T.Algeier, J.Wilson
WR C.Lamb, M.Evans, M.Pittman, D.Chark, R.Moore, D.Peoples-Jones
TE T.Hockenson

12 Team Dynasty ppr, 2QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,3Flex,TE Premium

QB J.Burrow, G.Smith
RB D.Cook, J.Mixon, A.Mattison, R.Mostert, S.Perine
WR M.Evans, A.Cooper, C.Kirk, N.Collins
TE E.Engram, G.Everett, C.Okonkwo, C.Otton

QB K.Murray, J.Burrow
RB D.Cook, D.Montgomery, A.Mattison, K.Herbert, T.Algeier
WR A.St.Brown, K.Allen, A.Theilen, B.Cooks, T.Boyd, R.Moore, D.Hopkins
TE T.Kelce, D.Waller, R.Gronkowski, R.Tonyan, C.Otton

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:32 am

Hyde was slow as anything with Cleveland and looked dreadful. He's done.

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:42 am

ericanadian wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:32 am
ericanadian wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:06 pm Is the general consensus that Hyde is a trash RB? He had a down year in San Francisco as their line was being reworked to fit the outside zone system in 2017 and last year Hyde was playing for two trash offenses (Cleveland’s offense didn’t really come alive until Mayfield came in and even then was inconsistent.) He’s clearly not elite, but he’s shown he can be effective in the right system. His time outside of Kansas City was substantially better than where Damien Williams was coming into last year.
@Valhalla: I also stumped for Hyde on much the same grounds. I stand by my original comments and believe your comments still make sense. Thompson has looked electric, so I’m not sure that his passing Hyde is necessarily all on Hyde.
Yeah I agree. I still think Hyde is capable if opportunity arises. I was just pointing out that just because I was giving Hyde more of a chance than the general masses, it didn't mean I was saying Thompson had no chance. I was basically saying I didn't have a strong personal opinion on Thompson. It's tough to gauge a backfield competition if you don't have a strong opinion on each guy competing.

My sentiment isn't "Hyde is going to be the man." It's more of a "Hyde is more capable than the common statistical arguments are presenting him as and here's why."

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:43 pm

Bot101 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:14 pm
mild wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:25 pm CHOOOO-CHOOOOOOOOO!!!! All aboard, the Darwin train is leaving the station...
The Athletic's Nate Taylor reports Chiefs sixth-round RB Darwin Thompson "appears to have leaped" Carlos Hyde on the depth chart.

Thompson has reportedly worked ahead of Hyde at camp this week, splitting first-team reps with Damien Williams. It's further affirmation to how the Chiefs view Thompson heading into the year as coach Andy Reid recently noted the sixth-round rookie has "good vision in the run game" and a "pretty good understanding of the pass game", too. With 9/52 rushing and 1/29/1 receiving on limited usage this preseason, it would not be shocking to see Thompson start the year ahead of Williams in a third-down, change-of-pace role, reducing Williams' ceiling as fantasy's current RB13. Thompson has standalone value at the back of fantasy drafts even if he initially receives low volume out the gates. This news also makes Hyde a candidate for release once final cuts occur.
I took him 16th overall in my home league rookie draft.... on June 1st. Im conducting this hype train.
So, how many chuggas before that chooo-chooooooooo?
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

TheNuts
Captain
Captain

Postby TheNuts » Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:55 pm

Are we still on the rbbc bandwagon here? I am seeing Damien Williams adp jump a full round after that one catch. He hasn't changed a lick in my mind, but he is obviously moving up. One wide open catch and run, unreal.
12 team ppr 4 point pass td

Murray, Minshew
Singletary, Lindsay, Samuels, Ty Johnson
Chark, Arob, Woods, Diontae, Nkeal, Lazard, Conley, Cole, Dorsett
Higbee, Jarwin, Dissly
Gould, Patriots

14 team ppr superflex, .2 ppc, WR 25% ppr bonus, TE ppr bonus 75%

Mayfield, Minshew, Trubisky, Foles, Hill
Djohns, Singletary, Fournette, Harris, Armstead, Ogunbawale, Samuels
Julio, Arob, Woods, Sims Jr, Claypool, Duvernay, Isabella, Conley, Tyrell
Waller, Hurst, Jarwin, Boyle

12 team ppr 4 point pass td, superflex, 1.5 TE ppr

Goff, Minshew, Hill, Alllen, Walker
Chubb, Taylor, Henry, Singletary, David Johnson, Damien Harris, Hyde, Boone, Blasingame
Tyreek, Boyd, Diontae, Marvin Jones, Pittman, Nkeal, Duvernay, Sims Jr, Stills
Waller, Higbee, Arnold, Olsen, Parkinson, Sample

20 team ppr 6 point pass td, .05 point per return yard

Matt Ryan
Fournette, Singletary, Harris, Cohen, Duke Johnson, Trey Edmunds
Davante Adams, Tyreek, Sutton, Boyd, Dorsett, Tyrell
Kittle, Jarwin, Oliver