General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FantasyDumDum
Role Player
Role Player

Re: RBBC in Kansas City

Postby FantasyDumDum » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:20 am

Chris Harris review of Damien Williams:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=h7sZCA4yGb8

I think he is pretty fair in his treatment of the player, albeit focusing mostly on his running while not so much on his route running, pass blocking, etc which are his strongest points. He also glosses over Damien’s underrated power. Wish he would have included this clip of Damien absolutely truck sticking Derwin James, who isn’t a practice squad player, but a future superstar and FIRST TEAM ALL PRO safety as a rookie...

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-high ... egal-shift
10 team, .5ppr, 1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/1Flex

QB: Brees, Cousins
RB: CMC, D Williams, Drake, Guice, Penny, RoJo, Breida, I Smith, Edmonds
WR: AB, ARob, Ridley, Jeffery, Shepard, Pettis, Miller, Washington, MVS, Callaway
TE: Kelce, Herndon, Andrews

Taxi Squad:

Picks:
2019 1.10, 2.10, 3.10, 4.10
2020 1, 2, 3, 4

Huh
Starter
Starter

Postby Huh » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:27 am

FantasyDumDum wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:20 am Chris Harris review of Damien Williams:

I think he is pretty fair in his treatment of the player, albeit focusing mostly on his running while not so much on his route running, pass blocking, etc which are his strongest points. He also glosses over Damien’s underrated power. Wish he would have included this clip of Damien absolutely truck sticking Derwin James, who isn’t a practice squad player, but a future superstar and FIRST TEAM ALL PRO safety as a rookie...

Crushed him. On a side note it’s sad that I was surprised that I didn’t have to watch an ad before that eight second clip.

knotts4372
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby knotts4372 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:05 am

FantasyDumDum wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:20 am Chris Harris review of Damien Williams:

he had 10 yards of steam built up and still got brought down by james on his own. this clip is nowhere near as impressive as you make it seem. you build it up like he ran over james and kept going or something lmao. most the clips chris harris showed are way better in showing of williams skill last year
DLF hall of famers 16 teams 25 man roster
http://football29.myfantasyleague.com/2 ... =07&F=0016

IRONCLAD 16 teams 40 man rosters http://www.fleaflicker.com/nfl/leagues/133985/teams/

@donnynutz on twitter

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:05 am

knotts4372 wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:05 am

he had 10 yards of steam built up and still got brought down by james on his own. this clip is nowhere near as impressive as you make it seem. you build it up like he ran over james and kept going or something lmao. most the clips chris harris showed are way better in showing of williams skill last year
Yeah I would have to agree with knotts on this one. If anything, he should have tried to make some moves to get the DB off balanced. He had the time & space to do it. He chose to try to truck him instead. Nothing wrong with that since he got a first down in playoff game, no coach is going to complain. I prefer athleticism over power. It's the same knock I have with Fournette. For a big guy he sure is light on his feet, yet he chooses to use his power nearly all the time. That's just asking for injuries and a shorter life span as a RB.

The runs chosen by Chris Harris are all far more impressive, but this is a dynasty forum, not a redraft, so I look at things from a dynasty perspective:

-- He's 27 going on 28. Way past the prime for RBs.
-- He's never rushed for more than 256 yards in a season (stats link)
-- When he has been given a chance to win the starting job, he lost it via injuries. He's had nagging or serious injuries his entire career. Including playoffs, he's had less than 100 touches last year. Will his body hold up with 300-400 touches? He's already shown he can't stay healthy through this current training camp and preseason.

In a redraft I'd maybe take a chance on him. In dynasty, I want nothing to do with him. I appreciate the video that shows he has talent and nifty moves (no stop-and-go feet though...), but it's not enough to convince me he'll stay healthy and stick around long term.

Oh, and he signed a tiny contract with the Chiefs that ranks 37th among all NFL running backs (link). Why would he sign a deal for so little if he thought he was worth even just slightly more than that? You know who's getting paid more than he is? Raheem Mostert. Mike Davis. Malcolm Brown. And my personal favorite -- his own backup Carlos Hyde.

The video looks good, I'm glad you posted it, but there's just too many red flags for me to be able to buy in to this guy. If he stays healthy, dude should dominate this year. I just don't think it'll happen for a plethora of reasons mentioned above, and even if he did have a great year, I'm not sold he'll stick around as a starter longer than this year or next.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

FantasyDumDum
Role Player
Role Player

Postby FantasyDumDum » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:49 pm

dlf_mikeh wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:05 am
knotts4372 wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:05 am

Yeah I would have to agree with knotts on this one. If anything, he should have tried to make some moves to get the DB off balanced. He had the time & space to do it. He chose to try to truck him instead. Nothing wrong with that since he got a first down in playoff game, no coach is going to complain. I prefer athleticism over power. It's the same knock I have with Fournette. For a big guy he sure is light on his feet, yet he chooses to use his power nearly all the time. That's just asking for injuries and a shorter life span as a RB.

The runs chosen by Chris Harris are all far more impressive, but this is a dynasty forum, not a redraft, so I look at things from a dynasty perspective:

-- He's 27 going on 28. Way past the prime for RBs.
-- He's never rushed for more than 256 yards in a season (stats link)
-- When he has been given a chance to win the starting job, he lost it via injuries. He's had nagging or serious injuries his entire career. Including playoffs, he's had less than 100 touches last year. Will his body hold up with 300-400 touches? He's already shown he can't stay healthy through this current training camp and preseason.

In a redraft I'd maybe take a chance on him. In dynasty, I want nothing to do with him. I appreciate the video that shows he has talent and nifty moves (no stop-and-go feet though...), but it's not enough to convince me he'll stay healthy and stick around long term.

Oh, and he signed a tiny contract with the Chiefs that ranks 37th among all NFL running backs (link). Why would he sign a deal for so little if he thought he was worth even just slightly more than that? You know who's getting paid more than he is? Raheem Mostert. Mike Davis. Malcolm Brown. And my personal favorite -- his own backup Carlos Hyde.

The video looks good, I'm glad you posted it, but there's just too many red flags for me to be able to buy in to this guy. If he stays healthy, dude should dominate this year. I just don't think it'll happen for a plethora of reasons mentioned above, and even if he did have a great year, I'm not sold he'll stick around as a starter longer than this year or next.
This comment is wrong on many levels, and just further proves what a bunch of posters have pointed out here, which is that you are just posturing and making stuff up about being some kind of guru.

First, in no way is the clip of him plowing over Derwin James normal for him. It is actually the opposite of his normal style. It just goes to show that he absolutely, provably does have that ability.

Second, there is no evidence that Damien Williams is any more injury prone than other starting RBs. That is a made up and false narrative you are pushing. Was he not perfectly healthy producing RB1 overall numbers for 6 straight weeks last year? Including in physically punishing playoff scenarios, in one of which he got 25 freaking carries in the snow.

Third, it has long since been talked about and posted about his salary that he took a quick, smaller deal as an extension from KC because he liked the situation, had been through the ringer with a horribly mismanaged organization in Miami thus just wanted to secure his first real good paycheck without drama or risk, and because his mom liked KC the city and the organization and that mattered to him. KC was also chomping at the bit to get such a fantastic deal on Damien. Wonder why that was?

Fourth, having just turned 27, he is younger than both David Johnson and LeVeon Bell, and also has WAY less wear and tear than those two, has 2 years left on contract like those two, isn’t nearly as volume dependent as those two, and is on a MUCH better offense both irl and for fantasy than those two. Johnson has almost 900 touches and Bell over 1500 just in their pro careers. How is his age anything but SIGNIFICANTLY less worrisome than it is for DJ and Bell, for example?

This poor “analysis” that I’m correcting is not a good look for someone who pretends to know what they are talking about.

WR: AB, ARob, Ridley, Jeffery, Shepard, Pettis, Miller, Washington, MVS, Callaway

Taxi Squad:

Picks:
2020 1, 2, 3, 4

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:58 pm

FantasyDumDum wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:49 pmThis poor “analysis” that I’m correcting is not a good look for someone who pretends to know what they are talking about.
The irony of this statement nearly made me spit out my water.

Watch out Mike, you're dealing with a true expert here.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:02 pm

I miss Turco being the resident troll.

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:17 pm

FantasyDumDum wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:49 pm This comment is wrong on many levels, and just further proves what a bunch of posters have pointed out here, which is that you are just posturing and making stuff up about being some kind of guru.

First, in no way is the clip of him plowing over Derwin James normal for him. It is actually the opposite of his normal style. It just goes to show that he absolutely, provably does have that ability.

Second, there is no evidence that Damien Williams is any more injury prone than other starting RBs. That is a made up and false narrative you are pushing. Was he not perfectly healthy producing RB1 overall numbers for 6 straight weeks last year? Including in physically punishing playoff scenarios, in one of which he got 25 freaking carries in the snow.

Third, it has long since been talked about and posted about his salary that he took a quick, smaller deal as an extension from KC because he liked the situation, had been through the ringer with a horribly mismanaged organization in Miami thus just wanted to secure his first real good paycheck without drama or risk, and because his mom liked KC the city and the organization and that mattered to him. KC was also chomping at the bit to get such a fantastic deal on Damien. Wonder why that was?

Fourth, having just turned 27, he is younger than both David Johnson and LeVeon Bell, and also has WAY less wear and tear than those two, has 2 years left on contract like those two, isn’t nearly as volume dependent as those two, and is on a MUCH better offense both irl and for fantasy than those two. Johnson has almost 900 touches and Bell over 1500 just in their pro careers. How is his age anything but SIGNIFICANTLY less worrisome than it is for DJ and Bell, for example?

This poor “analysis” that I’m correcting is not a good look for someone who pretends to know what they are talking about.
Wow... when challenged with different viewpoints there's really no need for this type of response, but OK. I gotta reword my post I guess. You're making stuff up that I didn't say and then arguing against it.

I didn't say trucking was his normal style. I just said that he had better options on that one play and chose not to use them. I don't like his decision-making in that one play. And all he did was gain speed and face a guy who squared up downfield, and then he was tackled anyway. It wasn't that impressive. That's also not the kind of decision-making I'd want in my RB. Then I went on to say that the other video you posted was a better example of his true talents.

He's had lingering or major injuries his entire career. Every preseason he has a hamstring or something. I believe he had a broken collarbone a few years ago. He's injured again this preseason. I'm not even looking this up, I'm using memory here. For a guy who's hardly ever played... what has he had like 200 career touches in 5 years?... he's been hurt a lot.

Your third point can be argued. Of course he's going to give us a positive answer. He's not going to say "I should gotten more money, but nobody else is going to give me a chance", because that's basically what happened. Most other teams were set at RB, and didn't view him as an upgrade.

The age thing you posted is something I wasn't talking about, but that could be my fault. He's 27 and he's never done anything fantasy relevant until a few weeks last year. I can't even think of another RB who was obscure for his first 5 years of his career and then had a great career after the age of 27.

ok?

You gotta settle down my friend. I like him as a runner and I said that before. I just don't trust his situation for so many other reasons. There's probably nothing you can say to sway me to like him, and vise versa. Even if he had a great season this year, and he might if he stays healthy, I'm not going to go get him.

We're going to agree to disagree.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

FantasyDumDum
Role Player
Role Player

Postby FantasyDumDum » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:34 pm

The lie: I have owned Williams in 4 leagues FOR HIS ENTIRE CAREER. He has only been injured 1x, a separated shoulder in 2017. He has been available for 75/80 games in his career, only missing those 5 games in 2017.He has been healthy outside of that. You’re basically saying you don’t like his decision on one play. Then your lie about his injury history.

A straight up fabrication may be a kinder way to call it, but you have doubled down on it after being called out so it is also fair to call it a knowing lie at this point. Then you try to make a point about his contract dictating his value and usage? Ridiculously awful and misleading point.

Then you finish that because he has t done it before(except he did, last year) that he won’t do it now.

What, in, the, actual, bleep is this coming from some kind of “guru.” Give up the BS and just start by saying: “I’m clueless but here are my opinions, some of them based in clear lies,” and it won’t be as appalling.

Taxi Squad:

Picks:
2020 1, 2, 3, 4

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:37 pm

dlf_mikeh wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:17 pm ...There's probably nothing you can say to sway me to like him...
Fantasy
Touch

Say it with me!

FantasyDumDum
Role Player
Role Player

Postby FantasyDumDum » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:42 pm

Valhalla wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:37 pm
dlf_mikeh wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:17 pm ...There's probably nothing you can say to sway me to like him...
Fantasy
Touch

Say it with me!
Hey, I’m right.

Also, if you had listened to the absolutely clueless mods and long time users here, you would have sold Damien for a random 2nd or for Darren Waller.

If you had listened to me(I’ve been saying forever that Williams would go from WW to worth two 1sts by season’s beginning), then you’d have a HUGE leg up in any league where you acquired and held him.

I’ve also recently said that selling him at that value is now appropriate.

But go ahead and troll the guy who has been right all along and has given everyone here BY FAR the best and most useful dynasty advice of anyone here this entire off season.

Honestly, who else helped you turn a WW add into 2x1sts value this off season? Or anything even close to that?

Taxi Squad:

Picks:
2020 1, 2, 3, 4

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:47 pm

dlf_mikeh wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:17 pmThe lie: I have owned Williams in 4 leagues FOR HIS ENTIRE CAREER. He has only been injured 1x, a separated shoulder in 2017. He has been available for 75/80 games in his career, only missing those 5 games in 2017.He has been healthy outside of that.
I said his entire career, meaning training camps and preseason included. I believe I said already. He didn't win a starting job once because of injuries. He was hurt this preseason too. Why are you ignoring this?
You’re basically saying you don’t like his decision on one play
You posted it but didn't want feedback? Why post it then?
Then your lie about his injury history
I gotta...... say this again?........... career. All of it. preseason and training camps included. All of it.
straight up fabrication may be a kinder way to call it, but you have doubled down on it after being called out so it is also fair to call it a knowing lie at this point.
But you're not....... reading what I'm saying......
Then you try to make a point about his contract dictating his value and usage? Ridiculously awful and misleading point.
I think it's fair that a players value can be assessed by the contract by which they sign. The better players will sign bigger contracts. I'll stand by that point pretty firmly, lol.
Then you finish that because he has t done it before(except he did, last year) that he won’t do it now.
What is "it"? You mean be fantasy relevant? He hasn't been until just a few weeks last year. lol why are you arguing something we agree on? lol.

But he hasn't had a fully season to carry the load for various reasons (talent & injury IN THE PRESEASON when he couldn't win the starting job in Miami) and I don't know if he's capable. That's all.
What, in, the, actual, bleep is this coming from some kind of “guru.” Give up the BS and just start by saying: “I’m clueless but here are my opinions, some of them based in clear lies,” and it won’t be as appalling.
You're getting angry over a difference of opinion on a guy who doesn't even know we exist. He's a "fantasy" player. These are "fantasy" teams. It's not real. Opinions, dude.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs

REAL RB GURUs:

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:50 pm

Valhalla wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:37 pm
Fantasy
Touch

Say it with me!
Honestly, even if he's #1 in the league, I don't want him. I don't trust him. I don't trust the Chiefs. I like the depth behind him.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs

REAL RB GURUs:

FantasyDumDum
Role Player
Role Player

Postby FantasyDumDum » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:51 pm

You’re editing my own posts on here now.

Look, you lied about his injury history. And you bring up three other AWFUL points against him.

Then when called out for lying and just terrible content you lean on “why are you angry? It’s just my opinion.” This is a gross display on your part to try to shift the focus away from reality and facts and pretend I am angry for pointing out literal lies and just bad bad bad bad content. That isn’t true, I’m not angry. I’m appalled and frankly disgusted that somebody pulls the wool over others eyes like you do and pretend to be some kind of “guru” yet when you run into someone who actually has knowledge on a player it become COMPLETELY CLEAR you are just posturing and making this stuff up.

Taxi Squad:

Picks:
2020 1, 2, 3, 4

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:55 pm

FantasyDumDum wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:51 pm You’re editing my own posts on here now.
Actually I have no idea what happened. I thought I hit reply but maybe I hit edit when I tried quoting you. I put your post back the best I could. I'll go back further in my browser history and see if I can find one before I accidentally hit edit.
Look, you lied about his injury history. And you bring up three other AWFUL points against him.
We already talked about this. You consider including his preseason and training camp injuries inaccurate. I don't.
I’m not angry. I’m appalled and frankly disgusted that somebody pulls the wool over others eyes like you do and pretend to be some kind of “guru” yet when you run into someone who actually has knowledge on a player it become COMPLETELY CLEAR you are just posturing and making this stuff up.
k
ULTIMATE RB GURUs

REAL RB GURUs: