RBBC in Kansas City

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Re: RBBC in Kansas City

Postby MEuRaH » Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:56 am

This page has some of the best arguments on both sides for D Williams that I've seen in a long while. Well said by all. I have nothing to add, I just wanted to make a note of this page for my own personal usage later on.

EDIT: Last page! Page 18. Well said guys.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

knotts4372
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby knotts4372 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:28 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:50 am
knotts4372 wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:38 am i still maintain y stance that damien williams will be passed up by darwin thompson this year and will be outright released sometime before the draft next year. he is not a good player and if thompson can show a continued development of his pass blocking skills, it makes williams expendable. why pay williams when thompson can do the same things for much cheaper. i truly think the damien williams truthers are absolutely delusional for whatever reason

in the end though it likely wont matter because next draft they will likely look for their next starting rb.
I still think it's odd that there's an idea that Thompson, who is essentially a smaller, lighter, and slower version of Williams, is more equipped to play RB in the NFL in the same role that Williams excelled at last season.

If you just want to say "he's cheaper in dynasty" then, I think that's more honest than spinning that Thompson is more talented and a better football player. Because, KC certainly hasn't given credence that this is the case.
i didnt say he was more equipped to play rb at all. i also never said hes more talented. im not saying darwin is some great rb thats the thing. i think he can do much of what damien williams can do and if he can pick up pass blocking some more he makes damien williams expendable because he makes like 1/3rd of what williams is scheduled to make next year. hes cheaper and under team control for 4 years at least. idk why you damien williams truthers seem to want to twist the words of the ppl that dont like him so much. but in the end its all about the price tag and they paid williams to start. bringing in mccoy and thompson stepping up imo proves their faith in williams isnt there and he is likely to be gone by next year at worst and who knows maybe even this year
DLF hall of famers 16 teams 25 man roster
http://football29.myfantasyleague.com/2 ... =07&F=0016

IRONCLAD 16 teams 40 man rosters http://www.fleaflicker.com/nfl/leagues/133985/teams/

@donnynutz on twitter

Badkins1121
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Badkins1121 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:47 am

bsacks13 wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:41 am
Farley wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:29 am
TimeWillTell wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:30 am

This. But in the end he did take a pay cut but now at least he's on a true contender team.
He's getting paid more than Damien.

For those Damien truthers (owners) trying to spin this as a positive development or simply shrugging it off are delusional...and, quite frankly, losing credibility.

Within the same day of McCoy's release, two contenders offered him significant guaranteed money. Pretty sure, had he signed with the Chargers, LAC would have let Gordon walk. So McCoy turned down starter carries to sign with the Chiefs. Going to guess Reid promised him some serious usage.
Where did you get that info that he was offered significant money from two contenders, because I don't see that anywhere. McCoy will have his moments when he plays because that offense is so wide open, and it will hurt Williams' value but lets not get too crazy. McCoy did get cut over Frank Gore.
They saved about $6 Million by cutting McCoy. Gore is only signed to a 1 year deal for $2 Million (500k guaranteed). Think it was purely a money decision and they must like what they have in Singletary

knotts4372
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby knotts4372 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:50 am

Badkins1121 wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:47 am

For those Damien truthers (owners) trying to spin this as a positive development or simply shrugging it off are delusional...and, quite frankly, losing credibility.

Within the same day of McCoy's release, two contenders offered him significant guaranteed money. Pretty sure, had he signed with the Chargers, LAC would have let Gordon walk. So McCoy turned down starter carries to sign with the Chiefs. Going to guess Reid promised him some serious usage.
Where did you get that info that he was offered significant money from two contenders, because I don't see that anywhere. McCoy will have his moments when he plays because that offense is so wide open, and it will hurt Williams' value but lets not get too crazy. McCoy did get cut over Frank Gore.
They saved about $6 Million by cutting McCoy. Gore is only signed to a 1 year deal for $2 Million (500k guaranteed). Think it was purely a money decision and they must like what they have in Singletary
yeah i kinda think ppl either fail to realize the financial implications of these roster moves on rb's or just dont care for some reason? either way its quite weird to me how anyone thinks they are keeping gore over mccoy just based on they think gore is better. its all about the contract money thats it
DLF hall of famers 16 teams 25 man roster
http://football29.myfantasyleague.com/2 ... =07&F=0016

IRONCLAD 16 teams 40 man rosters http://www.fleaflicker.com/nfl/leagues/133985/teams/

@donnynutz on twitter

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:16 am

Badkins1121 wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:47 am

They also asked Shady to take a pay cut, which means they wanted to keep him, perhaps over Gore. When he refused, they made the decision to cut him and save money.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:44 am

Now I give credence to the talk of committee. McCoy's an all-time great, and 4 million isn't chump change for an RB. Maybe McCoy's washed up, maybe not. I'm firmly in wait-and-see mode. For now, I'm no longer projecting Damien for RB1 tier numbers. For me he's a mid-low RB2/flex until I see differently.

Although bear in mind McCoy might be less involved the first few weeks, as he learns his new offense's coded terminology and playcalls.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

Badkins1121
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Badkins1121 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:56 am

ninotoreS wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:44 am Now I give credence to the talk of committee. McCoy's an all-time great, and 4 million isn't chump change for an RB. Maybe McCoy's washed up, maybe not. I'm firmly in wait-and-see mode. For now, I'm no longer projecting Damien for RB1 tier numbers. For me he's a mid-low RB2/flex until I see differently.

Although bear in mind McCoy might be less involved the first few weeks, as he learns his new offense's coded terminology and playcalls.
3 million guaranteed too. I think this is going to be a tough backfield to gauge week to week. If Damien starts out hot (before McCoy learns the offense) I would look to sell.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:15 pm

knotts4372 wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:28 am
Cameron Giles wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:50 am
knotts4372 wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:38 am i still maintain y stance that damien williams will be passed up by darwin thompson this year and will be outright released sometime before the draft next year. he is not a good player and if thompson can show a continued development of his pass blocking skills, it makes williams expendable. why pay williams when thompson can do the same things for much cheaper. i truly think the damien williams truthers are absolutely delusional for whatever reason

in the end though it likely wont matter because next draft they will likely look for their next starting rb.
I still think it's odd that there's an idea that Thompson, who is essentially a smaller, lighter, and slower version of Williams, is more equipped to play RB in the NFL in the same role that Williams excelled at last season.

If you just want to say "he's cheaper in dynasty" then, I think that's more honest than spinning that Thompson is more talented and a better football player. Because, KC certainly hasn't given credence that this is the case.
i didnt say he was more equipped to play rb at all. i also never said hes more talented. im not saying darwin is some great rb thats the thing. i think he can do much of what damien williams can do and if he can pick up pass blocking some more he makes damien williams expendable because he makes like 1/3rd of what williams is scheduled to make next year. hes cheaper and under team control for 4 years at least. idk why you damien williams truthers seem to want to twist the words of the ppl that dont like him so much. but in the end its all about the price tag and they paid williams to start. bringing in mccoy and thompson stepping up imo proves their faith in williams isnt there and he is likely to be gone by next year at worst and who knows maybe even this year
Keep in mind that I'm not a "truther." I have zero shares of Williams. However, I just believe that Williams objectively was good last year and can be good in the same role. I also believe that he's not the long-term guy there. He's making $2.8M next year, which isn't much for a solid COP RB.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:39 pm

So here's the question - which Chiefs running back finishes the season with the most fantasy points?
(I have no fantasy stake in any)

Lord_Varys
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Lord_Varys » Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:08 pm

I got no clue how it's gonna shake out but I just wanna say - any time I see someone bring up contract value, I don't bother reading the rest of their argument. It's completely irrelevant. Reid wants more RBs and he paid what it took to get a guy he knows in the room. It'll be decided on the field, now. Contract price is a sunk cost.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:41 pm

I think Darwin will lead the Chiefs in FFPTPD. That's Fantasy points per touch per dollar. He will be the most efficient back for their money.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

SkinZ187
Starter
Starter

Postby SkinZ187 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:45 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:41 pm I think Darwin will lead the Chiefs in FFPTPD. That's Fantasy points per touch per dollar. He will be the most efficient back for their money.
lmfao...

i love it

SkinZ187
Starter
Starter

Postby SkinZ187 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:48 pm

bottom line: this lowers all 3 RB's value.... less pie to go around.

one point i will make, is this doesnt really hurt thompson in the long run... he will either develop into being a cog in the wheel, or he wont. damien and mccoy do not really have alot to do with that. for my money, right NOW is the time to buy darwin, as alot of owners could be totally deflated and vulnerable to selling him dirt cheap.

go buy him before one simple little pro thompson blurb comes out over the next week..,..

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:53 pm

No this definitely increases McCoys over being in Buffalo still.

djeternal2
Captain
Captain

Postby djeternal2 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:10 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:41 pm I think Darwin will lead the Chiefs in FFPTPD. That's Fantasy points per touch per dollar. He will be the most efficient back for their money.
C'mon mods. Can we get this guy banned? He's clearly trolling at this point. I mean FFPTPD isn't even a legit stat unless you're at the strip club.
10 tm ppr 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 Flex, TE, K, TDEF (Yr 6)
QB - Ryan, Wentz
RB - Gurley, A Jones, Cohen, Kerryon, Dam Williams, Duke, I Smith, Armstead, T Carson
WR - AJG, Watkins, ARob, A. Cooper, K Allen, M Williams, Godwin, Callaway, JJAW
TE - Gesicki, I Smith, Herndon, Eifert, Sternberger, Dissly

10 tm TE prem 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, K, 2 DB, 2 DL, 2 LB (Yr 5)
QB - Mahomes, Mayfield, Wentz,
RB - Zeke, Chubb, Kerryon, Duke, Edmonds, B Hill
WR - Nuk, AJG, ARob, JJS, Samuel, MVS, T Smith, D Hamilton, Gallup, K Johnson
TE - Njoku, Eifert, Herndon, I Smith, I Thomas, Moreau
DL - Watt, K Clark, Q Williams
LB - D Jones, D Bush
DB - K Neal, Bell

DLF Early Birds - 16 tm SF (1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex, 1 SF
QB - A Rodgers, Darnold, Rosen, M Rudolph, Luck
RB - Damian Williams, J Howard, Duke, AP, Gore
WR - Julio, Golladay, Kirk, Stills, Manny Sanders, N Harry
TE - Jarwin, Gesicki, Boyle, Sprinkle