Favorite 2nd round rookie RBs?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
tosnsprx
Captain
Captain

Favorite 2nd round rookie RBs?

Postby tosnsprx » Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:08 am

What are some of your favorite 2nd round Rookie Rbs this year?
Mine are Bilal Powell, Carter,and vereen but they are starting to go in the first now, Alex Green I just like him in green bay
12 team non-ppr standard scoring(1qb,2rbs,2wrs,2rb/wrs,1te,1k,1D) 25 man roster
QB- WATSON, prescott,
RBs- ALVIN KAMARA, DAVID MONTGOMERY, K JOHNSON, rashaad penny, ronald jones, bo scott, p barber, darrell williams
WRs- JUJU, CHRIS GODWIN, christian kirk, courtland sutton, keke coutee, zach pascal
TEs- GEORGE KITTLE, ian thomas, mike gesicki, jace sternberger, dawson knox
K- d bailey
DST- STEELERS, chargers

2020 picks: 3RD,4TH

GrillMeister
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Favorite 2nd round rookie RBs?

Postby GrillMeister » Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:17 am

1. demarco murray - if he can stay injury-free(big if), i feel like he can be a stud
2. delone carter - the guy can run but more importantly, he can pass block and is willing to, which is crucial if you want to be in peyton's backfield
3. kendall hunter - little small but i like his upside, especially in ppr leagues

btw, powell in first? did the owner have greene?

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:23 pm

I haven't seen Vereen make it out of the 1st rd yet. Delone Carter is the only other RB I would take in the 1st rd (after Ingram, LeShoure, Williams, Vereen).
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Risky bidness
MVP
MVP

Postby Risky bidness » Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:01 pm

tosnsprx wrote:What are some of your favorite 2nd round Rookie Rbs this year?
Mine are Bilal Powell, Carter,and vereen but they are starting to go in the first now, Alex Green I just like him in green bay
I like a majority of the names you listed.

I traded my 2012 1st to acquire 1.13 (Vereen). I really feel like he was worthy to be in the discussion with Leshoure and Williams. His situation isn't that great, but he's talented enough to be a 3 down back IMO. The question is whether or not NE uses him in that fashion.

I was able to acquire multiple 2nds this year and think your list of RBs mentioned is pretty spot on. So in my rookie/FA draft my picks went like this:

1.13 - Vereen (see above)

2.07 - Murray (IMO boom/bust guy. A buddy of mine and fellow DLF'er bigcsr67 thinks Murray is DMC like, but not as explosive. Although I think Murray is rather explosive. We shall see. I'm a Murray homer though)

2.10 - Carter (I think he can be a solid fantasy producer, not sure if he has any receiving ability, but I'd imagine he'll get a chance in Indys O. Might only be a 2 down back, but so is Michael Turner and he's done pretty well fantasy wise.

2.11 - Cobb (Considered Kendall Hunter here, but I'm not quite sold on him as a top producer. I might look back and regret this non pick if you will.)

6.07 - Powell (I think Powell has been picking up steam in drafts the last few weeks. He's going to be in a timeshare at best this season and behind Greene, LT, and probably McKnight. Some patience will be involved with this guy, but the wait could pay dividends in a year or two. 6.07 IMO was pretty solid value in a 14 team league.

melish1631
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby melish1631 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:50 am

Vereen is the one who stands out to me...if NE ever commits 60% of the carries and workload to one back!
DLF IDP Invitational (Commish)
IDP Smallville
IDP Big Play

11stever11
Role Player
Role Player

Postby 11stever11 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:27 am

I like Murray quite a bit, I think he can do well in dallas...
"Everybody with a helmet on is in the mix."
Mike Tomlin