Mandatory Trade Leagues

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
pvillebiker
Captain
Captain

Re: Mandatory Trade Leagues

Postby pvillebiker » Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:28 pm

then again, the reason we play this make believe game is for fun. if mandatory trades are fun to people who knowningly enter into such leagues, more power to them.

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:07 pm

pvillebiker wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:28 pm then again, the reason we play this make believe game is for fun. if mandatory trades are fun to people who knowningly enter into such leagues, more power to them.
Yeah, I’m not a fan but there are all types of different league rules that I’m not interested in doing. Obviously this type of rule would have to be set in place from the get go, because trying to implement this post startup would be a cluster.

jetsfan5757
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby jetsfan5757 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:42 am

rubber_duck wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:09 pm
Jason3123 wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:25 am each owner is assigned 1 month out of the year where they must nominate a top 100 (ADP-based) player for trade. Owners then silently bid on that player, and the owner must accept the best offer.
Not a big fan of this idea, but I can see how this could work. My primary league is an auction format with no salary cap. Each year the rookies are auctioned off to the highest bidder. Any unspent money is saved for later use (e.g. trades, free agents, or next year's rookies).

In a league like that, these "forced" trades could be done for straight cash. This makes determination of the best offer trivial.
Auction with no salary cap??? How does that work? Fixed amount for auction and waivers that resets each year but no cap on total team budget?
Dynasty League (25 man rosters + 2 IR, non-PPR scoring. QB/3RB/3WR/2TE/K/DB/LB/DL no flex)

QB (1): Herbert, Lawrence, Darnold
RB (3): N. Chubb, D. Henry, J. Taylor, JK Dobbins, Pollard, Singletary, L. Murray
WR (3): D. Hopkins, D. Adams, M. Evans, D.J. Moore, DJ Chark, B. Aiyuk, J. Smith-Schuster, R Bateman, E. Moore
TE (2): I. Smith Jr, H. Henry, Schultz, Tremble

K (1): M. Crosby

DB (1): J. Adams
LB (1): F. Warner
DL (1): D. Lawrence

PS: I often don't revisit a thread after posting. Send me a message if you ever want further thoughts on a comment I made.

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:28 am

Bunch of prudes in here. I think it would be a fun, alternative league. You don't have to implement it in every league you do.

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:17 am

jetsfan5757 wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:42 am
Jason3123 wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:25 am each owner is assigned 1 month out of the year where they must nominate a top 100 (ADP-based) player for trade. Owners then silently bid on that player, and the owner must accept the best offer.
Not a big fan of this idea, but I can see how this could work. My primary league is an auction format with no salary cap. Each year the rookies are auctioned off to the highest bidder. Any unspent money is saved for later use (e.g. trades, free agents, or next year's rookies).

In a league like that, these "forced" trades could be done for straight cash. This makes determination of the best offer trivial.
Auction with no salary cap??? How does that work? Fixed amount for auction and waivers that resets each year but no cap on total team budget?
From my understanding you typically get money from your placement, so last place would get X amount of dollars, all the way down to first place. Those funds can be traded/etc.

rubber_duck
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby rubber_duck » Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:59 pm

Jason3123 wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:17 am
jetsfan5757 wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:42 am

From my understanding you typically get money from your placement, so last place would get X amount of dollars, all the way down to first place. Those funds can be traded/etc.
Yup. That's the general concept. At the end of each season the worst team receives the most Fantasy money to spend in the upcoming year. The best team receives the least amount of money.

The really fun part ... there is no compelling reason to spend your money during the rookie auction. You can save it for later: trades, waivers, etc. This league has been going for a very long time, and we have had people save money for 2 or 3 years and then really tear up a rookie auction!

If you do not care much for a crop of rookies (such as this year), then you don't have to spend much. Just save your money. It is easy to tell what our league thinks of a rookie class. The money really starts to fly when the talent is perceived to be there.

QB Browns
Role Player
Role Player

Postby QB Browns » Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:01 am

meineymoe wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:09 pm There are ways to promote trading - for instance, give awards for best trade, based on a league-wide poll, or most active owner, or any of other various reward scenarios you can come up with... forcing owners to trade or even be more active than they are comfortable with won't end well.

-oo-
Completely agree with this. In my dynasty league I've been trying to get people more involved with making moves by writing up short articles and posting them on our league page where we either praise or bash trades that have happened and try to get people talking about it and thus more interested in trading overall. I also offer a six pack of blue moon for the team with the best trade of the season at the season's end 😂
Team 1

10 team, 2 QB, 3 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1WR/TE, 1 RB/WR/TE, DEF, .5 ppr

QB: D. Prescott, K. Cousins, A. Richardson, R. Tannehill, T. Lance

RB: A. Kamara, S. Barkley, Bi. Robinson, J. Conner, J. Dobbins, A. Dillon, D. Harris, R. Stephenson, K. Herbert, I. Spiller, Br. Robinson, K. Ingram, T. Spears, D. Foreman

WR: M. Evans, D. Adams, AJ Brown, C. Lamb, J. Waddle, K. Toney, J. Reed

TE: D. Waller, P. Friermuth, D. Kincaid

M-Dub
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby M-Dub » Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:00 am

QB Browns wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:01 am
meineymoe wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:09 pm There are ways to promote trading - for instance, give awards for best trade, based on a league-wide poll, or most active owner, or any of other various reward scenarios you can come up with... forcing owners to trade or even be more active than they are comfortable with won't end well.

-oo-
Completely agree with this. In my dynasty league I've been trying to get people more involved with making moves by writing up short articles and posting them on our league page where we either praise or bash trades that have happened and try to get people talking about it and thus more interested in trading overall. I also offer a six pack of blue moon for the team with the best trade of the season at the season's end 😂
Why would you penalize the best trade?
Both are 12-team 1QB PPR dynasties

🦬PRIME🦬
QB: Hurts, Howell
RB: Mixon, Jones, Sanders, Dobbins, Akers, Roschon, Dowdle, Kelley
WR: Nuk, Godwin, Cooper, Lockett, Flowers, Chark, Collins, Hollins, Tillman, Tolbert
TE: Hockenson, Chig, Trautman
Taxi: Willis, Z. White, M. Mims, T. Palmer

Hull Awaits
$450 cap, 60 contract years

QB: Lawrence $5/3, Richardson $5/5, Minshew $1/0, Jones $1/0, Heinicke $1/0, Tyrod $1/0
RB: Achane $4/4, Warren $2/4, Roschon $7/5, Dillon $4/1, Hubbard $2/1, Kelley $1/0
WR: Nuk $78/1, MT $25/1, M. Williams $1/0, JSN $21/5, Reed $4/5, Rice $4/5, M. Wilson $2/5
TE: Thomas $1/0, Hill $1/0, Parham $1/0

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:09 am

M-Dub wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:00 am
QB Browns wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:01 am

-oo-
Why would you penalize the best trade?
Thems fightin words