Release the Guice! - The Derrius Guice Discussion Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Release the Guice!

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:41 pm

That 60 yard run wasn't that impressive. It was well blocked, but he did what he had to do. That run that DD posted with the GIF, though. Man. That was Sophomore LSU Guice. Nasty. I still have my doubts he can stay healthy, and two knee injuries don't bode well for long term, but that was fun to watch.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Krypto_King
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Krypto_King » Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:44 pm

ckrumm24 wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:52 pm He clearly had a good game and looked powerful but he doesn’t look quick to me. I didn’t watch him much in college, was he ever considered quick?
doesn't look overtly quick or crazy fast but above average in both and runs crazy hard at 220lbs. I am cautiously optimistic.

steelman
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby steelman » Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:49 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:41 pm That 60 yard run wasn't that impressive. It was well blocked, but he did what he had to do. That run that DD posted with the GIF, though. Man. That was Sophomore LSU Guice. Nasty. I still have my doubts he can stay healthy, and two knee injuries don't bode well for long term, but that was fun to watch.
Once upon a time Frank Gore was made of glass and many said he would never be healthy. Injuries are so hard to predict. There's been so many power runners over the years who had long careers, even though they deal with more contact. There's also no shortage of quick, shifty guys that have been injured a lot, despite not taking as much abuse.

That's why I never trade guys because I'm worried about injuries. Too hard to predict

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:17 am

the bloke kick-started my tanking by getting injured in week 1, and just killed it off in week 13 :lol:
still, good to see him stiff-arming and scoring!

Forza_Azzurri
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Forza_Azzurri » Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:50 am

Should I start Guice over Sanders next week in redraft???

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:59 pm

Penny last week, Guice this week. The 2018 players a lot of people were wanting to see in the 2018 RB class are showing out recently.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

blemly
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby blemly » Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:45 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:59 pm Penny last week, Guice this week. The 2018 players a lot of people were wanting to see in the 2018 RB class are showing out recently.
I bought both in a package so here’s to hoping it continues!

Seriously though, as the commenter above stated the 60-yarder was nothing special, but man that 36-yarder was. Guice runs angry and seems to have good vision. Both good qualities to have (if you have the size to take the hits).
Team 1: 12-team SF 0.5 PPR:
QB: Dak, Russ, Stafford, Geno, Dalton
RB: Harris, Gibson, Chubb, Cohen
WR: DK, Ridley, Kirk, Chark, Woods, C Samuel, Shepard, Reagor
TE: Fant, Knox
Team 2: 14-team PPR SF TEP:
QB: Wilson, Burrow, Geno, Foles
RB: Mixon, Gibson, Hines, Cohen, Pollard
WR: DJM, Cooper, Sutton, Deebo, R. Moore, ARSB, Eskridge, Renfrow
TE: Gesicki, Njoku, Arnold
Team 3: 12-team PPR SF:
QB: Watson, Lawrence, Winston, Cam
RB: Harris, Ekeler, Dobbins
WR: Hill, AJB, Woods, Chark, Lockett
TE: Gesicki, OJH, Firkser
Team 4: 12-team SF TEP Devy
QB: Wilson, Geno, Ryan, Cousins
RB: Zeke, Chubb, Sanders, Pollard, Hines, Cohen, Henderson
WR: Cooper, Godwin, Sutton, JuJu, Samuel, Fuller, Shepard, Campbell
TE: Fant, Gesicki, Ertz, Freiermuth
Devy: Boutte, Young, Slovis, Harris
Team 5: 12-team PPR SF:
QB: Dak, Lance, Jones, Cam
RB: Swift, Sanders, Dobbins, Pollard
WR: Sutton, DJM, Golladay, Chase, Pittman, Kirk, Campbell, Mims, Wallace
TE: Herndon, Gesicki, Freiermuth

Krypto_King
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Krypto_King » Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:51 pm

here is a breakdown of his game vs the Jets https://youtu.be/YCbuM2BZwns?t=94
when he's not dropping his shoulder his style is subtle but still making guys miss nearly every touch

ckrumm24
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby ckrumm24 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:15 pm

[/quote]
I always thought of him to be a very strong dynamic runner. He definitely has above average speed and quicks though too. Hoping we get to see him full steam ahead next year, he looked really good today.

From my rb report;

Not a very patient runner. If he is immature, it shows up in his running style. Has a fast reckless playstyle that’s pleasing to the eye but maybe not the most efficient. Susceptible to big hits when he’s constantly pin balling off defenders. Can get low to gain leverage. Gives effort as a pass blocker although needs work, can square up and block defenders IF he gets in front of them. Good lower body strength. Can plant and change direction but loses some speed at times whereas Penny does not. Did not have much room to run. Capable pass-catcher, catches with hands. Great initial burst, good long speed. Good balance to stay on his feet through contact.

Best Comparison
Marshawn Lynch

[/quote]

I like this comp, but I think that even Lynch had more “in the hole” quickness and shiftyness with his jump cuts and general acceleration out of cuts. This isn’t to say Guice isn’t going to be good, just something I noticed. BUT that 36yarder was quite impressive. I’m hoping he has a good offseason. It should improve his quickness and such as he’s been rehabbing so much recently he really hasn’t had time to improve in areas.
12 team IDP Salary Cap w/ contracts 40 man roster + 20 taxi spots | 4 year max contract w/ Franchise(1)/Transition(2)/RFA Tags). Mostly mirrors real NFL.

Full Roster:
https://www59.myfantasyleague.com/2020/ ... =0008&O=07

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:28 pm

ckrumm24 wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:15 pm
I like this comp, but I think that even Lynch had more “in the hole” quickness and shiftyness with his jump cuts and general acceleration out of cuts. This isn’t to say Guice isn’t going to be good, just something I noticed. BUT that 36yarder was quite impressive. I’m hoping he has a good offseason. It should improve his quickness and such as he’s been rehabbing so much recently he really hasn’t had time to improve in areas.
Same, hoping a healthy offseason helps him.

Krypto_King
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Krypto_King » Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:52 am

ckrumm24 wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:15 pm
I always thought of him to be a very strong dynamic runner. He definitely has above average speed and quicks though too. Hoping we get to see him full steam ahead next year, he looked really good today.

From my rb report;

Not a very patient runner. If he is immature, it shows up in his running style. Has a fast reckless playstyle that’s pleasing to the eye but maybe not the most efficient. Susceptible to big hits when he’s constantly pin balling off defenders. Can get low to gain leverage. Gives effort as a pass blocker although needs work, can square up and block defenders IF he gets in front of them. Good lower body strength. Can plant and change direction but loses some speed at times whereas Penny does not. Did not have much room to run. Capable pass-catcher, catches with hands. Great initial burst, good long speed. Good balance to stay on his feet through contact.

Best Comparison
Marshawn Lynch

[/quote]

[/quote]

happy to be proven wrong but where is this marshawn from your dreams? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lDDZGLBkFY

ckrumm24
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby ckrumm24 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:02 am

Are you saying Lynch didn’t accelerate quickly after broken tackles and have shiftyness? I’m not saying he was fast or even a traditional definition of quick but I just watched that YouTube video and my view was even further reinforced.
12 team IDP Salary Cap w/ contracts 40 man roster + 20 taxi spots | 4 year max contract w/ Franchise(1)/Transition(2)/RFA Tags). Mostly mirrors real NFL.

Full Roster:
https://www59.myfantasyleague.com/2020/ ... =0008&O=07

JJRules
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby JJRules » Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:35 am

ckrumm24 wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:02 am Are you saying Lynch didn’t accelerate quickly after broken tackles and have shiftyness?
He's saying the opposite, in that Lynch had better quicks and shiftiness than Guice does.
10-team Superflex, 0.5 PPR, 15-man rosters, pseudo-dynasty
Keep any number of players (0-15), lose same number of draft picks
2010, 2015, 2020 - 🏆, 2013 - 🥈

QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, SF, FLEX, D/ST

QB: Dak, Watson
RB: Swift, Robinson Jr, Singletary, Brown, Hubbard, Zeus, Herbert
WR: Wilson, Olave, Pickens, Aiyuk
TE: Pitts, LaPorta
D/ST:

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:38 am

im wondering why the skins have this guy on the field this season?

I get it, they want to see what they have...but it seems pointless to run him out there at this point. they drafted him to be the rb of the future, they have so many needs....it isn't like they are going to look strongly at a rb in the early rds. why are they not letting him just sit out to further heal?

Jimbo Jones
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Jimbo Jones » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:07 am

sloth8u wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:38 am im wondering why the skins have this guy on the field this season?

I get it, they want to see what they have...but it seems pointless to run him out there at this point. they drafted him to be the rb of the future, they have so many needs....it isn't like they are going to look strongly at a rb in the early rds. why are they not letting him just sit out to further heal?
maybe for the fans to have something to be excited about going forward and maybe extra game attendance and the associated revenue it generates as well as potential Guice jersey sales.... :?: