Re: Release the guice

Postby dynastyninja » Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:09 pm

yippee

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:16 pm

Ugh. All the talent in the world... He was my ride or die player as I own him almost everywhere. I was extremely bullish on him but my expectations have been tempered now, I’m still going to hold though because I still think the reward is better than the current risk vs market prices.

Huh
Starter
Starter

Postby Huh » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:00 pm

thebeast wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:16 pm Ugh. All the talent in the world... He was my ride or die player as I own him almost everywhere. I was extremely bullish on him but my expectations have been tempered now, I’m still going to hold though because I still think the reward is better than the current risk vs market prices.
I’m right there with ya. Ive got him everywhere and it’s going to work out dagnabbit!

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:51 pm

I never saw his game translating to being a great NFL pro personally, but the early injuries are unfortunate and nearly certain to derail his career.

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:58 pm

Phaded wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:51 pm I never saw his game translating to being a great NFL pro personally, but the early injuries are unfortunate and nearly certain to derail his career.
Yeah, I get it, but I do believe he has the talent that is being seriously overlooked due to the injuries. OBJ was overlooked in rookie drafts do to this and flipped for peanuts early his rookie year due to this and Marqise Brown who has a nice pointing up arrow was overly discounted due to injury. I hope Guice heals up from this and is ready to roll the 2nd half of this year. I also get that a lot of this is my own bias and wishful thinking and don’t blame anyone who wants out.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:02 pm

thebeast wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:16 pm Ugh. All the talent in the world... He was my ride or die player as I own him almost everywhere. I was extremely bullish on him but my expectations have been tempered now, I’m still going to hold though because I still think the reward is better than the current risk vs market prices.
Agreed. The good news is that he still has a chance to produce in 2019 which could perhaps set up a 2020. Regardless the best thing for Guice owners to do, imho, if they don't like the current market, is wait til rookie drafts 2020 and see if there is an exit point.

And by that I mean a guy who falls to the 3rd or 4th rounds that you believe is a steal. Golladay & Kupp were once 3rd & 4th round selections before owners got wise - the same could easily happen in 2020. If all an owner is going to get is a 3rd or a 4th, may as well wait and see what the likely player targets will be at that range. Who knows - maybe a stud Devy player has an injury next week that pushes his stock down ala Rodney Anderson or Bryce Love.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:26 pm

thebeast wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:58 pm
Phaded wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:51 pm I never saw his game translating to being a great NFL pro personally, but the early injuries are unfortunate and nearly certain to derail his career.
Yeah, I get it, but I do believe he has the talent that is being seriously overlooked due to the injuries. OBJ was overlooked in rookie drafts do to this and flipped for peanuts early his rookie year due to this and Marqise Brown who has a nice pointing up arrow was overly discounted due to injury. I hope Guice heals up from this and is ready to roll the 2nd half of this year. I also get that a lot of this is my own bias and wishful thinking and don’t blame anyone who wants out.
Yeah, it's hard to make those position comparisons. Guice is a physical, hard running RB and already has a history of knee and leg injuries. Also, he's missing so much game time to develop. He missed his rookie year and now he's going to be out for most of his sophomore year too.

I guess Dalvin Cook is the best hope, but even then...I'm not confident that Cook can stay healthy either.

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:35 am

Looking at the title of this topic, it was very accurate & foreshadowing.

“release the Guice” meant to the waiver wire

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:40 am

jordanzs wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:35 am Looking at the title of this topic, it was very accurate & foreshadowing.

“release the Guice” meant to the waiver wire
1) joke has already been made

2) no need to spell it out anyway.

E-

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:15 am

What is the earliest date Guice can come off of IR?

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:24 am

ArrylT wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:15 am What is the earliest date Guice can come off of IR?
Week 11. It's mandatory 8 weeks and then they have a bye i think.

Generic Username
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Generic Username » Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:28 am

Perfect, just in time for fantasy playoffs. Gruden really seems to dislike AP, evidenced last night with his lack of presence in some short 3rd and 4th downs. I’m not expecting RB1 blessings, but provided he’s healthy (yeah, I know) it looks like they’ll give him the job back right away

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:06 am

At this point, I hope Bryce Love comes back and shows out.

Guice was a favorite redraft target of mine this year, and I think I'm all about done with him. In dynasty, I couldn't imagine throwing more than a 3rd rounder for a guy with problems in both knees now. Sucks to start your career this way.

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:48 am

Generic Username wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:28 am Perfect, just in time for fantasy playoffs. Gruden really seems to dislike AP, evidenced last night with his lack of presence in some short 3rd and 4th downs. I’m not expecting RB1 blessings, but provided he’s healthy (yeah, I know) it looks like they’ll give him the job back right away
^ wishful thinking. The situation in last nights game was game script specific, not a knock on AP. :wtf:
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:45 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:24 am
ArrylT wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:15 am What is the earliest date Guice can come off of IR?
Week 11. It's mandatory 8 weeks and then they have a bye i think.
Thank you sir! :thumbup: