The Tyreek Hill Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Breaking- Hill not going to be suspended

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:32 am

Slevin Kelevra wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:09 am Is FantasyFreak still around?
:lol:

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:34 am

FiremanEd wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:15 am Those who drafted Mecole Hardman in the first round can't be feeling great at the moment. Always felt like a big reach (though the future is always uncertain).
Yup. I stayed well away from Hardman and also Henderson, as their value fluffs are do solely to unknowns about different players. End of the 1st was way to rich to role the dice on a purely situation value contingent on something else and not locked in (like D Williams seems to be at least for now)

I did get one share of D Henderson, but because he fell to the 3rd round in a 10 teamer where I believe he should have been all along
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:39 am

TheNuts wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:09 am If what he did was so terrible, would Goodell have let him off? I don't think so. Great news for all my teams.

I was still reading, even just a few days ago, people saying how Hill will be gone all year guaranteed.
It doesn't matter if what he did was terrible. What matters is what can be proven.

OJ was acquitted of a double murder. That doesn't mean he's innocent. It only means his guilt was not proven beyond a reasonable doubt.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:40 am

As a fantasy owner I'm happy. His value should shoot right back up and I get all year production now. Although, I would've been fine with 2nd half production just as much, 0 suspension looks better than 8.

Can't help but feel this isn't over, but I still don't think I'm selling unless I get a good offer. I'll take the gamble on a league winner like Tyreek instead of settling for Robert Woods :lol:

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:52 am

Pac_Eddy wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:39 am
TheNuts wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:09 am If what he did was so terrible, would Goodell have let him off? I don't think so. Great news for all my teams.

I was still reading, even just a few days ago, people saying how Hill will be gone all year guaranteed.
OJ was acquitted of a double murder. That doesn't mean he's innocent.
Whoa whoa whoa
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

grandmabetty
Captain
Captain

Postby grandmabetty » Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:05 am

It doesn't matter if what he did was terrible. What matters is what can be proven.

OJ was acquitted of a double murder. That doesn't mean he's innocent. It only means his guilt was not proven beyond a reasonable doubt.
Actually not. If you were speaking in strictly civilian legal terms yes but this is the NFL. What can be proven only matters to the extent that it influences Rogers thoughts. What matters is Roger Goodell's assessment and his assessment alone.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:06 am

Jigga94 wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:40 am As a fantasy owner I'm happy. His value should shoot right back up and I get all year production now. Although, I would've been fine with 2nd half production just as much, 0 suspension looks better than 8.

Can't help but feel this isn't over, but I still don't think I'm selling unless I get a good offer. I'll take the gamble on a league winner like Tyreek instead of settling for Robert Woods :lol:
Hill's value is shot. Guarantee it never bounces back to where it was before this story broke. He's a ticking time bomb.

smbkrypt24
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby smbkrypt24 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:09 am

FantasyFreak as well as FantasyDumDum.
Freak- you still wish Ill will on T. Hill and my fantasy team?
Dumdum- am I still a struggling dynasty owner for buying at T. Hills low point?
I know told you so posts are bad taste, but I kept my mouth closed to pass judgement. This seems like a good time to see how your opinion might change now, if it does at all..
12 Team PPR Dynasty. Start 1 QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex (RB/WR/TE), 1 K, 1 D, 21 roster spots.

2013 Startup
Team 1- 3rd in 2023
QB: Herbert, B. Purdy, Fields
RB: Bijan, Barkley, Akers, Dobbins
WR: T. Hill, D. Johnson, JSN, Doubs, Meyers, Thomas, Toney
TE: Andrews, Likely, Dulcic

2024: 1.01, 1.07
2025: 1, 2, 2

2019 Startup
Team 2- 4th in 2023
QB: Murray, Cousins, Wilson
RB: Bijan, Kamara, Dobbins, Rodriguez
WR: Chase, G. Wilson, D. Adams, Di. Johnson, M. Wilson, W. Robinson, R. Rice
TE: McBride, Pitts, Kmet, Likely

2024: 1.01, 1.06, 1.08, 2.09
2025: 1, 1, 1, 1, 2, 2, 2, 2, 3, 3

2021 Startup
Team 3- 11th in 2023
QB: Goff, Watson, Cousins, Levis, Rodgers, Young
RB: Gibbs, Pacheco, Dobbins
WR: Chase, J. Jefferson, JSN, Palmer, Mooney, Tillman
TE: Schultz, Pitts, Likely, Okonkwo

2024: 1.01, 1.02, 1.03, 1.04, 2.03, 2.06, 2.07, 2.10, 3.03, 3.06, 3.08
2025: 1, 2, 3

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:09 am

Orenthal Shames wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:52 am

OJ was acquitted of a double murder. That doesn't mean he's innocent.
Whoa whoa whoa
Ha. Nice.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:10 am

lol.
This is you don't panic sell for trash.

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:11 am

So I was one who definitely didnt give Hill the benefit of the doubt, and for obvious reasons. However from the beginning I said IF he did it he should be suspended indefinitely. But IF he didnt and someone was making it up, that person should be behind bars. And according to Cecil Lammey on the Audible Live podcast, Hill wasnt even around when the child broke his arm. The Chiefs knew this, the NFL knew this yet all the media did was absolutely paint Hill with the worst brush possible.

I definitely feel pretty angry at what the media did to lead many people to the conclusion that he did do it. But I certainly rushed judgment and sold at a discount (not a heavy discount though). And what sucks is Hill was one of "my guys" that I put faith in (on the field) back when he was widely viewed as a gadget guy and that Watkins was taking his job.

But I do feel relief for his kid most of all that his Dad didnt abuse him other than spanking him with a belt which I dont view as the same as what Peterson did.

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:12 am

grandmabetty wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:05 am

Actually not. If you were speaking in strictly civilian legal terms yes but this is the NFL. What can be proven only matters to the extent that it influences Rogers thoughts. What matters is Roger Goodell's assessment and his assessment alone.
I think what can be proven does matter to Goodwill. It may not always seems like it because he's not obligated to produce any of his evidence or reasoning to the public.

Dynasty_Analyst
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Dynasty_Analyst » Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:14 am

Will the overwhelming majority that voted to take Deon cain and 200 FAAB dollars over hill in a pole I saw come foward? Lol
Fantasy Writer- 5 Yard Rush
@5yardrush @5yarddynasty
https://5yardrush.co.uk/

Content Creator- The Coaches Fantasy Podcast
@coachesfantasy Thefantasycoaches.com

@Dynasty_Analyst - Dynasty content, advice, and tidbits. Hit me up anytime to chat about your dynasty team if you need trade advice, input on the direction to move your team, or anything else.

greenbird
Starter
Starter

Postby greenbird » Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:17 am

JOHNNY_COCKTAIL wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:14 am Will the overwhelming majority that voted to take Deon cain and 200 FAAB dollars over hill in a pole I saw come foward? Lol
Too funny

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:29 am

Bot101 wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:11 am So I was one who definitely didnt give Hill the benefit of the doubt, and for obvious reasons. However from the beginning I said IF he did it he should be suspended indefinitely. But IF he didnt and someone was making it up, that person should be behind bars. And according to Cecil Lammey on the Audible Live podcast, Hill wasnt even around when the child broke his arm. The Chiefs knew this, the NFL knew this yet all the media did was absolutely paint Hill with the worst brush possible.

I definitely feel pretty angry at what the media did to lead many people to the conclusion that he did do it. But I certainly rushed judgment and sold at a discount (not a heavy discount though). And what sucks is Hill was one of "my guys" that I put faith in (on the field) back when he was widely viewed as a gadget guy and that Watkins was taking his job.

But I do feel relief for his kid most of all that his Dad didnt abuse him other than spanking him with a belt which I dont view as the same as what Peterson did.
The bolded part is definitely not true. That much is clear from the audio. Hill was "getting on his bleep about bleep" and then he doesn't know how his arm got broken. "Maybe he fell."

TBH, both of them should be prosecuted and the child put in better care.
She's admitting in the audio of covering up for him with a detective and with CPS in the prior incident.
They both are talking about "whopping him with a belt."
He doesn't deny his child is afraid of him. Then, he says that she should be afraid of him too.

If you are looking at it from the scope of "how did the child break his arm and that is all that matters"... sure... I guess they couldn't prove what happened. If that is all the NFL is concerned about, then no suspension I guess.

But, again, as she said in the audio, she covered up for him before. Plus, all of the above and more quotes.

So everyone puffing their chests about being right (I have no vested interest in this one way or another, and actually just care about the safety of the kid) explain why Hill isn't getting suspended but Adrian Peterson got indefinitely suspended for his disciplining. All the other facts remain (leaving out the broken arm) so how is this possible?

Rather than everyone fist bumping about being right he is some sort of upstanding citizen, we all should be even more concerned about the NFL's seemingly completely arbitrary decisions on discipline. Incognito got 2 games? Meanwhile, Gordon has been indefinitely suspended multiple times. Hunt got 8 games!?

PS: I didn't know this existed, but I found it when I was looking around for something.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/fines-suspe ... spensions/