The Tyreek Hill Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Re: How long does Tyreek Hill get suspended?

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:39 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:18 pm
MickRL wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:01 pm I believe it will be 6 games, solely on the basis of the audio and his implicit threat, which even the letter from his counsel stated was inexcusable. Despite the fact that I would be confident in stating that this is not the first time a spouse/girlfriend of an NFL player had been talked to in this manner, the league will use this (and Hill's admittance of guilt through his lawyer) as a way to save face and hit him with a seemingly 'significant' suspension.

As for anything to do with the abuse of their son, there are no charges, there is no evidence, and let's be 100% clear...there aren't even any accusations. This is what kills me about the comparisons that are made between Hill and every other case before NFL enforcement. Nothing, outside of implications or breathless editorials from virtue signalling reporters, has been directly attributed to Hill.

I am not saying Hill is a good guy. But the crucifixion without any semblance of basis needs to stop.
"Both Hill and Espinal have admitted to investigators that they spanked the 3 year old with their hands and a belt, but prosecutors can’t determine for sure which parent, or if both, went too far." -Kevin Keitzman WHB Kansas City

There are accusations and if this is correct, evidence. This is all the NFL needs, even though it wasn't all the police needed. That's why I believe it will be much longer than 6, not just the 6 you believe he should get for the threats. You have this, the threats, AND (I don't know why people keep glossing over) the fact that Hill's past charge in college, can be used against him in this suspension. Kind of important, and definitely should not be omitted.
Exactly. They don’t need any charges to suspend Hill. The audio shows that he still has anger issues, etc. They gave Zeke 6 games without any charges that I’m aware of and I do agree that Zeke is knucklehead and definitely needs to mature but just knowing what Hill did in college to this woman and what all he was saying on the audio, that’s enough for a hefty suspension. Plus, I feel like there will be so much backlash if the NFL and or Chiefs don’t come down hard on Hill.

themburns
Starter
Starter

Postby themburns » Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:28 am

The implicit threat towards someone he had already admitted to abusing is going to be 6, minimum.

Children aren't taken from their homes without good reason. Goodell has enough to take action against Hill for that as well, he doesn't need the same burden of proof as a court. I don't think he plays football in 2019.

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:49 pm

themburns wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:28 am The implicit threat towards someone he had already admitted to abusing is going to be 6, minimum.

Children aren't taken from their homes without good reason. Goodell has enough to take action against Hill for that as well, he doesn't need the same burden of proof as a court. I don't think he plays football in 2019.
Yes, agreed. CBA clearly states Goodell has authority to hand out any suspension he wants, no questions asked. (Aside from an appeal which is just a charity exercise)

I'm guessing 12 games.

grandmabetty
Captain
Captain

Postby grandmabetty » Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:35 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:18 pm
MickRL wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:01 pm I believe it will be 6 games, solely on the basis of the audio and his implicit threat, which even the letter from his counsel stated was inexcusable. Despite the fact that I would be confident in stating that this is not the first time a spouse/girlfriend of an NFL player had been talked to in this manner, the league will use this (and Hill's admittance of guilt through his lawyer) as a way to save face and hit him with a seemingly 'significant' suspension.

As for anything to do with the abuse of their son, there are no charges, there is no evidence, and let's be 100% clear...there aren't even any accusations. This is what kills me about the comparisons that are made between Hill and every other case before NFL enforcement. Nothing, outside of implications or breathless editorials from virtue signalling reporters, has been directly attributed to Hill.

I am not saying Hill is a good guy. But the crucifixion without any semblance of basis needs to stop.
"Both Hill and Espinal have admitted to investigators that they spanked the 3 year old with their hands and a belt, but prosecutors can’t determine for sure which parent, or if both, went too far." -Kevin Keitzman WHB Kansas City

There are accusations and if this is correct, evidence. This is all the NFL needs, even though it wasn't all the police needed. That's why I believe it will be much longer than 6, not just the 6 you believe he should get for the threats. You have this, the threats, AND (I don't know why people keep glossing over) the fact that Hill's past charge in college, can be used against him in this suspension. Kind of important, and definitely should not be omitted.

Lol exactly. No accusations!? Who needs accusations when the perp admits to a punishable offence

remedy29
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby remedy29 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:24 am

usps33 wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:01 pm
Shcritters wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:21 am I guess I don’t know why we are automatically assuming drafting Mecole was to 100% replace Hill. At a minimum they probably didn’t want Hill returning punts anymore, and they actually have a pretty thing depth chart behind Hill, Watkins, and Kelce. If they were going to move on from Watkins before the end of his contract - he was overpaid at last year’s production - then they needed someone anyways. I don’t see it as a panic but more of a ‘cover your bases’ pick that works out even if they keep Hill.
I believe the only reason the Chiefs moved up to acquire Mecole Hardman was 100% because of the Tyreek situation. Defense was the only reason they didn’t make it to the Super Bowl and to me the Chiefs panicked and gave up very valuable picks to draft Hardman. It is just my opinion and I could easily be wrong, no way do the Chiefs move up to draft Hardman if the situation with Tyreek Hill never happened, the Chiefs just didn’t have the luxury to do so. But, this is a Tyreek thread, I read a tidbit from a Chiefs forum and it was mentioned that a local radio station has done some investigating and have come to the conclusion that Tyreek will get suspended 2 games max as long as nothing else comes out negative that isn’t already known. There isn’t a link just something that was heard on the radio show. Take it for what it’s worth.
Hill was certainly a factor in the Chiefs drafting Hardman. No doubt. People say defense prevented them from making the SB, however it was their offense that was the reason they won lots of games. So first and foremost, KC needs to keep their offense top notch.
Hardman in no way was going to replace Hill in year 1. In the event Hill got suspended for the year, KC will take a hit offensively. However, Hill is not signed long term. With all his issues, it's possible KC does not want to invest big money in Hill long term. In order to make that decision, they need to know if Hardman can be a useful replacement.

So Hardman was a need pick to hedge against what becomes of Hill, either he is suspended or let to leave by FA at some point. And there is no reason they can't coexist if KC does keep Hill.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Tyreek Hill

Postby ArrylT » Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:23 am

https://arrowheadaddict.com/2019/06/21/ ... y-changed/

This article suggests that the possibility of an extension has once again established itself.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

TheNuts
Captain
Captain

Postby TheNuts » Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:38 am

ArrylT wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:23 am https://arrowheadaddict.com/2019/06/21/ ... y-changed/

This article suggests that the possibility of an extension has once again established itself.
That's good news for Hills family and my fantasy teams
12 team ppr 4 point pass td

Murray, Minshew
Singletary, Lindsay, Samuels, Ty Johnson
Chark, Arob, Woods, Diontae, Nkeal, Lazard, Conley, Cole, Dorsett
Higbee, Jarwin, Dissly
Gould, Patriots

14 team ppr superflex, .2 ppc, WR 25% ppr bonus, TE ppr bonus 75%

Mayfield, Minshew, Trubisky, Foles, Hill
Djohns, Singletary, Fournette, Harris, Armstead, Ogunbawale, Samuels
Julio, Arob, Woods, Sims Jr, Claypool, Duvernay, Isabella, Conley, Tyrell
Waller, Hurst, Jarwin, Boyle

12 team ppr 4 point pass td, superflex, 1.5 TE ppr

Goff, Minshew, Hill, Alllen, Walker
Chubb, Taylor, Henry, Singletary, David Johnson, Damien Harris, Hyde, Boone, Blasingame
Tyreek, Boyd, Diontae, Marvin Jones, Pittman, Nkeal, Duvernay, Sims Jr, Stills
Waller, Higbee, Arnold, Olsen, Parkinson, Sample

20 team ppr 6 point pass td, .05 point per return yard

Matt Ryan
Fournette, Singletary, Harris, Cohen, Duke Johnson, Trey Edmunds
Davante Adams, Tyreek, Sutton, Boyd, Dorsett, Tyrell
Kittle, Jarwin, Oliver

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:53 am

TheNuts wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:38 am
ArrylT wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:23 am https://arrowheadaddict.com/2019/06/21/ ... y-changed/

That a Yahoo! writer mentioned Tyreek Hill and extension in the same sentence? It was also "if" Hill gets an extension. This isn't news and it's neither good nor bad. He was going through the possibilities for Chris Jones contract situation, and used Hill's possibilities to factor into it. Of course there is a possibility the Chiefs extend Hill, but any writers opinions on it are ultimately of no consequence. They hold the same level of influence that mine or yours does, which is zero, to the actual outcome.

His family? This article has absolutely zero relevance or affect on Tyreek Hill's family. (or your Fantasy Team for that matter) The only thing that will help his family is if the Chiefs actually extend him. Some random poster here could mention they believe Hill will be extended (which is more than this writer was willing to say), and you could say that's good for Hill's family. It has the same level of relevance to the reality of the situation, which is none.

If I go pull some random comment or clip of an analyst commenting on how they don't think the Chiefs will extend Hill, I could say "that's bad news for his family". It isn't though, because it isn't news. It's opinion, without a foundation of facts at all. It works both ways.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

TheNuts
Captain
Captain

Postby TheNuts » Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:56 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:53 am

That a Yahoo! writer mentioned Tyreek Hill and extension in the same sentence? It was also "if" Hill gets an extension. This isn't news and it's neither good nor bad. He was going through the possibilities for Chris Jones contract situation, and used Hill's possibilities to factor into it. Of course there is a possibility the Chiefs extend Hill, but any writers opinions on it are ultimately of no consequence. They hold the same level of influence that mine or yours does, which is zero, to the actual outcome.

His family? This article has absolutely zero relevance or affect on Tyreek Hill's family. (or your Fantasy Team for that matter) The only thing that will help his family is if the Chiefs actually extend him. Some random poster here could mention they believe Hill will be extended (which is more than this writer was willing to say), and you could say that's good for Hill's family. It has the same level of relevance to the reality of the situation, which is none.

If I go pull some random comment or clip of an analyst commenting on how they don't think the Chiefs will extend Hill, I could say "that's bad news for his family". It isn't though, because it isn't news. It's opinion, without a foundation of facts at all. It works both ways.
It's good news. The more people who believe he will get an extension, the more likely it is to happen. It's good that people are talking about it.

Murray, Minshew
Higbee, Jarwin, Dissly
Gould, Patriots

Chubb, Taylor, Henry, Singletary, David Johnson, Damien Harris, Hyde, Boone, Blasingame

Matt Ryan
Kittle, Jarwin, Oliver

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:02 pm

TheNuts wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:56 pm

It's good news. The more people who believe he will get an extension, the more likely it is to happen. It's good that people are talking about it.
As good Constanza once said" "It's not a lie, if you believe it". You go ahead and believe that if you want. I won't waste any more time on the subject with you. It's clear to me you're completely biased on this subject. I'm just happy his family will eat tonight because of this article.

TheNuts
Captain
Captain

Postby TheNuts » Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:09 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:02 pm
TheNuts wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:56 pm

As good Constanza once said" "It's not a lie, if you believe it". You go ahead and believe that if you want. I won't waste any more time on the subject with you. It's clear to me you're completely biased on this subject. I'm just happy his family will eat tonight because of this article.
Yeah it's clear that i didn't assume he broke his kids arm. I guess waiting for facts makes me biased.

Murray, Minshew
Higbee, Jarwin, Dissly
Gould, Patriots

Matt Ryan
Kittle, Jarwin, Oliver

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:10 pm

I will be shocked if Hill gets an extension from the Chiefs. I think just the audio alone is enough to halt those talks, but we’ll see. I’ve definitely been wrong before though.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:18 pm

Cowboysfan33 wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:10 pm I will be shocked if Hill gets an extension from the Chiefs. I think just the audio alone is enough to halt those talks, but we’ll see. I’ve definitely been wrong before though.
I'm not sure what will happen. The point i was trying to make to the other poster, who clearly doesn't want to see the reality that it's not news is someone mentions Jones contract situation, and says whatever happens with Hill, if he gets extended or not will affect it. That's not news. It's people's opinion. Some people who own Hill will hold on to anything and claim it's "good news". What was posted above was pure opinion/speculation, with zero facts. It simply isn't news. If there was anything mentioning the Chiefs organizations stance on it, sure, but there is nothing there. It's not good news, it's not bad news. It isn't news at all. I find people have a hard time differentiating actual news vs opinions. I don't think Hill will play for the Chiefs next year, but I really don't know. Nobody does, and that's the point. Some random Chiefs fan writing an article for an internet publication doesn't change anything, on one side or the other.

MickRL
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby MickRL » Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:21 pm

remedy29 wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:24 am Hill was certainly a factor in the Chiefs drafting Hardman. No doubt. People say defense prevented them from making the SB, however it was their offense that was the reason they won lots of games. So first and foremost, KC needs to keep their offense top notch.
Hardman in no way was going to replace Hill in year 1. In the event Hill got suspended for the year, KC will take a hit offensively. However, Hill is not signed long term. With all his issues, it's possible KC does not want to invest big money in Hill long term. In order to make that decision, they need to know if Hardman can be a useful replacement.

So Hardman was a need pick to hedge against what becomes of Hill, either he is suspended or let to leave by FA at some point. And there is no reason they can't coexist if KC does keep Hill.
This is what I have been saying for a while now. The Hill audio came out hours before the draft started, and KC was freaking out. They grabbed the closest approximation to Hill that they could find because they were in panic mode because they were looking at a situation where their best player (sorry, Pat) may have been kicked out of the league.
14-Team, PPR, QB/2RB/2WR/TE/3FL(R/W/T)
QB: R. Tannehill, S. Darnold, T. Taylor, C. Newton
RB: N. Harris, Jav. Williams, D. Henderson, D. Harris, Ty Johnson, J. Hill, Kerr. Johnson, J. Wilkins
WR: D.J. Moore, L. Shenault, E. Moore, D. Samuel, C. Kirk, D. Mims, J. Crowder, T. Atwell, A. Lazard, R. Higgins
TE: M.Andrews, R. Tonyan, P. Freiermuth, D. Parham
2022 Draft Picks:All but 2nd

TheNuts
Captain
Captain

Postby TheNuts » Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:24 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:18 pm
Cowboysfan33 wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:10 pm I will be shocked if Hill gets an extension from the Chiefs. I think just the audio alone is enough to halt those talks, but we’ll see. I’ve definitely been wrong before though.
I'm not sure what will happen. The point i was trying to make to the other poster, who clearly doesn't want to see the reality that it's not news is someone mentions Jones contract situation, and says whatever happens with Hill, if he gets extended or not will affect it. That's not news. It's people's opinion. Some people who own Hill will hold on to anything and claim it's "good news". What was posted above was pure opinion/speculation, with zero facts. It simply isn't news. If there was anything mentioning the Chiefs organizations stance on it, sure, but there is nothing there. It's not good news, it's not bad news. It isn't news at all. I find people have a hard time differentiating actual news vs opinions. I don't think Hill will play for the Chiefs next year, but I really don't know. Nobody does, and that's the point. Some random Chiefs fan writing an article for an internet publication doesn't change anything, on one side or the other.
Actually, if you really think about it, it's good news. It means public opinion may be changing in favor of being ok with Hill getting a new contract. Teams do make decisions based on public opinion at certain points. So if people are more open to it, then that's good news for Hill, his family, and my fantasy team

Murray, Minshew
Higbee, Jarwin, Dissly
Gould, Patriots

Matt Ryan
Kittle, Jarwin, Oliver