The Tyreek Hill Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: How long does Tyreek Hill get suspended?

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:15 pm

Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:04 pm
Cowboysfan33 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:21 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:01 pm

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... roken-arm/

Listen to the 6 minute video. Florio makes some good points. He also mentions the fact that it is season 100 of the NFL, and they aren't going to want this cloud hanging over it. With the points he makes about Hill facing 2 different violations, he believes Hill will not be playing at all. I actually agree with most of what he says in this video, which is certainly not how I normally feel about his opinions.

Thanks for posting that link. He made some good points for sure. It’s going to be interesting to see how this all unfolds.
That jerk hasn't made a good point in all of his miserable life. Needless to say I won't watch a video which shows his ugly head.
Well, there's a first time for everything. I don't normally agree with him, like I said, but I do here, for the most part.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Slevin Kelevra
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Slevin Kelevra » Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:31 pm

Listen to the 6 minute video. Florio makes some good points. He also mentions the fact that it is season 100 of the NFL, and they aren't going to want this cloud hanging over it. With the points he makes about Hill facing 2 different violations, he believes Hill will not be playing at all. I actually agree with most of what he says in this video, which is certainly not how I normally feel about his opinions.
Florio, is that you ?

Ray Finkle
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Ray Finkle » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:57 am

Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:04 pm That jerk hasn't made a good point in all of his miserable life. Needless to say I won't watch a video which shows his ugly head.

Dang man, you’re like an internet forum version of Tyreek with those abusive comments.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:00 am

Ray Finkle wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:57 am
Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:04 pm That jerk hasn't made a good point in all of his miserable life. Needless to say I won't watch a video which shows his ugly head.

Dang man, you’re like an internet forum version of Tyreek with those abusive comments.
Kurt needs an 8 day suspension from his keyboard

Dynasty_Analyst
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Dynasty_Analyst » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:01 am

It just seems like every passing day it's get a little better for Hill. I think the NFL will only have his girl friends word and the phone call to go off of in the case so I went with a 4 game suspension when it's all said and done after appeals
Fantasy Writer- 5 Yard Rush
@5yardrush @5yarddynasty
https://5yardrush.co.uk/

Content Creator- The Coaches Fantasy Podcast
@coachesfantasy Thefantasycoaches.com

@Dynasty_Analyst - Dynasty content, advice, and tidbits. Hit me up anytime to chat about your dynasty team if you need trade advice, input on the direction to move your team, or anything else.

pvillebiker
Captain
Captain

Postby pvillebiker » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:40 am

I said 16+ games, but it depends on what you're really asking. How many total games does he miss is how I interpret it. To wit, I think Hill misses the entire season via some combo of commissioner's exempt list + suspension. Similar to AP's case when he was punished for violence against his kid. I'd be shocked if Hill's on the Chiefs roster for the 2020 season.
Last edited by pvillebiker on Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

psu007
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby psu007 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:08 am

JOHNNY_COCKTAIL wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:01 am It just seems like every passing day it's get a little better for Hill. I think the NFL will only have his girl friends word and the phone call to go off of in the case so I went with a 4 game suspension when it's all said and done after appeals
Honestly I don't know what to expect, but didn't they have far less on Zeke when they suspended him? Based on past suspensions they seem to have more than enough to hand down at least a 6 game suspension.
Team 1 - 12 Team, PPR, All 6TD

1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 FLEX, K, D

QB - Cousins, Luck, Mayfield
RB - Elliot, Thompson, McKinnon, Penny, Michel, Miller, E.McGuire, Foreman, Ekeler
WR - OBJ, Robinson, K.Allen, C.Davis, Allsion, M.Bryant, C.Coleman, Moncrief, P.Richardson, Chark
TE - Reed, Gathers, Shaheen, Seals-Jones
K - Jake Elliott
D - NE, MIA
Picks - 2019: 3-5

Team 2 - 12 Team, SF 0.5 PPR, 4/6TD

1 QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1SF, 1FLEX, 1TE

QB - Cousins, Goff, Tannehill, Mayfield, Jackson
RB - Gurley, Ingram, Coleman, Clement, Booker, Rawls, Samuels
WR - Hilton, Fuller, Moore, Byrant, Locket, Moncrief, Rogers, Miller, St.Brown,
TE - Gesicki, Clay, McDonald, Andrews
Picks - 2019: 1,2,3x2,4

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:12 am

FOR EVVV ERRR

gogobradyarm
All Pro
All Pro

Postby gogobradyarm » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:43 am

Florio is not objective at all, the dude is incredibly biased. His conclusions aren’t based on precedent in the NFL, they’re based on his personal opinion that Hill is guilty and clear bias. Hill is a shitty person, but he has denied breaking the kids arm, the criminal case was closed, and the only evidence is his history and the audio. The audio could be a 4-6 game ban, if they want to use history for this case...maybe more, but there is a minimal chance the guy gets more than 8 games based on precedent for bans....Hunt had a history, and was on video....so he was guilty...he got 8 games. Tell me how Hill who has denied, had a bad history, gets more and isn’t on video being violent.
12 Team - PPR - 30man (2 IR) - 6pt PPTD- 1 QB - 2 RB - 2 WR - 1 Flex - 1 TE
QB: Jalen Hurts, Dak Prescott, Anthony Richardson, Aidan O'Connell
RB: McCaffrey, Jacobs, Barkley, Zamir White, Jaleel McLaughlin, Dowdle, Zach Evans, Dobbins
WR: AJB, London, Aiyuk, Diontae Johnson, Rashee Rice, Ridley, McLaurin, Dotson, Rashod Bateman
TE: Mandrews, Pitts, Likely, Otton

2024: 1.01, 1.07
2025: 3x 1st
Champ: 2020, 2021
Year 9 of my league

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:48 am

Slevin Kelevra wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:31 pm
Florio, is that you ?
Yeah, because he would post he mostly disagrees with his own opinion. :roll: I get it, you love Hill, Slevin. Sorry I agree with Florio on what the league should do with that piece of garbage. I'm actually convinced your Hill's lawyer, if you want to play that game.

dm1129
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby dm1129 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:04 am

When the NFL suspends a player, it cannot not be seen in the same light as the criminal justice system sentencing an individual to jail. The NFL suspends players first and foremost to protect its brand. Hunt is not a good comparable to try to predict what the league will do with Hill. AP is a much better comparable. To protect its brand, the league has to take into account that Hill will still be around the child and if further harm comes to the child(or the fiance) and the league did not take what is viewed as strict punishment in this case, then the league gets nailed in terms of PR. Also, it should not be forgotten that hill told the woman who he has already been convicted in a court of law of domestic violence against while she was pregnant,' you should be terrified of me too b!tch'...Per the new Personal Conduct Policy, that alone is a violation of the policy. Hill's fiance also essentially admitted in the audio that she covered up for Hill during the investigation and Hill does not deny it. If Hill is completely innocent, what was she covering up? All this gives the league quite a bit of latitude in deciding the length of suspension. For those owners thinking Hill will get 4 games or less, I think they are in for a rude awakening.

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:06 am

gogobradyarm wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:43 am Florio is not objective at all, the dude is incredibly biased. His conclusions aren’t based on precedent in the NFL, they’re based on his personal opinion that Hill is guilty and clear bias. Hill is a shitty person, but he has denied breaking the kids arm, the criminal case was closed, and the only evidence is his history and the audio. The audio could be a 4-6 game ban, if they want to use history for this case...maybe more, but there is a minimal chance the guy gets more than 8 games based on precedent for bans....Hunt had a history, and was on video....so he was guilty...he got 8 games. Tell me how Hill who has denied, had a bad history, gets more and isn’t on video being violent.
I also don’t usually like or agree with Florio but he made some good points, imo. I think this is going to be similarly to the Peterson situation and he will be out all season. Remember, they can use the incident in college against him, plus the audio alone, shows he still has problems with abusing kids and or his fiancé. Do you know the backlash the NFL will get if he doesn’t get a stern punishment?

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:09 am

dm1129 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:04 am When the NFL suspends a player, it cannot not be seen in the same light as the criminal justice system sentencing an individual to jail. The NFL suspends players first and foremost to protect its brand. Hunt is not a good comparable to try to predict what the league will do with Hill. AP is a much better comparable. To protect its brand, the league has to take into account that Hill will still be around the child and if further harm comes to the child(or the fiance) and the league did not take what is viewed as strict punishment in this case, then the league gets nailed in terms of PR. Also, it should not be forgotten that hill told the woman who he has already been convicted in a court of law of domestic violence against while she was pregnant,' you should be terrified of me too b!tch'...Per the new Personal Conduct Policy, that alone is a violation of the policy. Hill's fiance also essentially admitted in the audio that she covered up for Hill during the investigation and Hill does not deny it. If Hill is completely innocent, what was she covering up? All this gives the league quite a bit of latitude in deciding the length of suspension. For those owners thinking Hill will get 4 games or less, I think they are in for a rude awakening.
This is basically what I’ve been saying too. How could anyone think he’s only getting 4 games. He’s lucky he was able to even be in the NFL to begin with, considering his past. I believe in 2nd chances and he got that, by the privilege of being able to play in the NFL.

TheNuts
Captain
Captain

Postby TheNuts » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:14 am

Just because Hill wasn't denying every single accusation from his fiance it doesn't mean anything.
12 team ppr 4 point pass td

Murray, Minshew
Singletary, Lindsay, Samuels, Ty Johnson
Chark, Arob, Woods, Diontae, Nkeal, Lazard, Conley, Cole, Dorsett
Higbee, Jarwin, Dissly
Gould, Patriots

14 team ppr superflex, .2 ppc, WR 25% ppr bonus, TE ppr bonus 75%

Mayfield, Minshew, Trubisky, Foles, Hill
Djohns, Singletary, Fournette, Harris, Armstead, Ogunbawale, Samuels
Julio, Arob, Woods, Sims Jr, Claypool, Duvernay, Isabella, Conley, Tyrell
Waller, Hurst, Jarwin, Boyle

12 team ppr 4 point pass td, superflex, 1.5 TE ppr

Goff, Minshew, Hill, Alllen, Walker
Chubb, Taylor, Henry, Singletary, David Johnson, Damien Harris, Hyde, Boone, Blasingame
Tyreek, Boyd, Diontae, Marvin Jones, Pittman, Nkeal, Duvernay, Sims Jr, Stills
Waller, Higbee, Arnold, Olsen, Parkinson, Sample

20 team ppr 6 point pass td, .05 point per return yard

Matt Ryan
Fournette, Singletary, Harris, Cohen, Duke Johnson, Trey Edmunds
Davante Adams, Tyreek, Sutton, Boyd, Dorsett, Tyrell
Kittle, Jarwin, Oliver

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:19 am

TheNuts wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:14 am Just because Hill wasn't denying every single accusation from his fiance it doesn't mean anything.
Yes, but he did the opposite of deny it. He agreed with her, on the punching and belt issue. He said "OK", in a very clear and agreeing tone. It's fairly obvious when you listen to that conversation to deduce he is agreeing that he does those things, and he is throwing back at her that she uses a belt as well. The entire line of response Hill is giving is pretty clear. He She denies using a belt, but it's quite obvious they both use some sort of corporal punishment on the child, and that Hill has been using a belt and hitting the child in the chest.