Replacing the Guru!

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
knobhoosier
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Replacing the Guru!

Postby knobhoosier » Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:21 am

trc wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:16 am
honcho55 wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:40 am Is that sub forum active during the season (of course it isn’t right now)?

What other resources do you DLFers use to make lineup decisions?

This is by far my Achilles heel in fantasy. I consistently put together strong, deep teams, and start the wrong guys.
Do you have dual accounts?
I read your reply here, as you also are the OP.
No, This is my only account.
10 Team .5pt PPR, Dynasty, Keeper Rookie Draft Only IDP League. League Est. 2014.
QB J. Allen, J. Garoppolo , D. Mills
RB: C. McCaffery, A. Kamara, J. Taylor, T. Allgeier, J.Williams, R. White, A.Jones, R. Stevenson
WR:C. Kupp, C. Sutton, M.Pittman, G. Davis, S.Moore,
TE: D. Knox, J. Woods, P. Hendershot
K: Y.Koo , C.York
DE: B. Burns, K.Paye
LB: Q.Walker, Z. Collins, T. Anderson
DB: M. Jones, K. Kohou, K. Hamilton, A. Winfield,

jetsfan5757
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby jetsfan5757 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:02 pm

I use 4for4 as well. I like them, especially Paulsen.

DLF is my go to for rookie and dynasty info. DLF, 4for4, and some others for weekly rankings. Looking at multiple sites and seeing discrepancies forces me to think for myself.
Dynasty League (25 man rosters + 2 IR, non-PPR scoring. QB/3RB/3WR/2TE/K/DB/LB/DL no flex)

QB (1): Herbert, Lawrence, Darnold
RB (3): N. Chubb, D. Henry, J. Taylor, JK Dobbins, Pollard, Singletary, L. Murray
WR (3): D. Hopkins, D. Adams, M. Evans, D.J. Moore, DJ Chark, B. Aiyuk, J. Smith-Schuster, R Bateman, E. Moore
TE (2): I. Smith Jr, H. Henry, Schultz, Tremble

K (1): M. Crosby

DB (1): J. Adams
LB (1): F. Warner
DL (1): D. Lawrence

PS: I often don't revisit a thread after posting. Send me a message if you ever want further thoughts on a comment I made.

dvpkwys
Captain
Captain

Postby dvpkwys » Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:49 am

Is anyone still on Guru?
10 Team - NON PPR (5 Round Rookie Draft) - Start 2QB, 2RB, 4WR, 1TE, 1FLEX, 4DB, 4LB/DL/DB

Burrow/Howell (Murray, Geno)
Taylor/Swift (Sanders, Conner, Gibson, Miller, Spears Lenny)
Adams/Godwin/Higgins/McLaurin (DJ Moore, Hopkins, Tillman)
Kelce (Hockenson)
Budda/Holland/Blackmon/Minkah (Sydney Brown)
Bosa/Bernard/Okereke/EJones (Elliss)

knobhoosier
Rookie
Rookie

Postby knobhoosier » Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:24 am

jetsfan5757 wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:02 pm I use 4for4 as well. I like them, especially Paulsen.

DLF is my go to for rookie and dynasty info. DLF, 4for4, and some others for weekly rankings. Looking at multiple sites and seeing discrepancies forces me to think for myself.
Thanks! I'll check it out. And I like your comment about being forced to think for yourself. Sometimes we rely too much on others advice when we are fully capable of making the right decision all along.
10 Team .5pt PPR, Dynasty, Keeper Rookie Draft Only IDP League. League Est. 2014.
RB: C. McCaffery, A. Kamara, J. Taylor, T. Allgeier, J.Williams, R. White, A.Jones, R. Stevenson

remedy29
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby remedy29 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:14 pm

dvpkwys wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:49 am Is anyone still on Guru?
I am. I was a long time Guru site subscriber, even did a league with him during the Rotobowl days. Decided to give the website a chance for 1 year, will probably be my last.

Some writers are ok, I don't like Jeff Mann's, I think he had Benny Snell as a top 10 rookie pick???

So far they have season and dynasty rankings, but no stat projections.

knobhoosier
Rookie
Rookie

Postby knobhoosier » Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:41 pm

remedy29 wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:14 pm
dvpkwys wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:49 am Is anyone still on Guru?
I am. I was a long time Guru site subscriber, even did a league with him during the Rotobowl days. Decided to give the website a chance for 1 year, will probably be my last.

Some writers are ok, I don't like Jeff Mann's, I think he had Benny Snell as a top 10 rookie pick???

So far they have season and dynasty rankings, but no stat projections.
I don't care for loudmouth Mann's either. I may just be reading between the lines, but I think he and Hansen were polar opposites and I think their relationship had alot to do with the Guru moving on. Just curious, did anyone else participate and win in Hansen's draft prediction contest? He had 10 or so picks for the draft that you had to predict what team they would end up with. If you could get a minimum of 4 right, you won a prize from John which was supposed to be his 2019 cheatsheet. I actually won in the contest however because it was not an official Sirius XM contest, he wasn't allowed to give that prize away. So, what the Guru did was say you now have access to me for 3 private email questions. Needless to say, I've used mine all up already. :dance: He has responded to 1, but still waiting on the other 2 answers. I'm sure he's overloaded this time of year and has a crapload of questions to answer. Pretty cool though.

knobhoosier
Rookie
Rookie

Postby knobhoosier » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:49 pm

Bot101 wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:21 pm For weekly lineups I use the fantasy fooballers. Its free and they are generally accurate.
You say this is free??? I can't seem to find the free feature. Do you have a link?