General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: 2019 NFL Training Camp Thread

Postby Bot101 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:43 am

IZigUZag wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:58 pm
Cameron Giles wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:15 pm
Phaded wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:48 am Derrick Henry in a walking boot.

Hello Dion Lewis?
Hello...nobody. That Titans offense without Henry and Lewan would be miserable to start the season. They're a run-first team.
I just picked up Barnes in shallower leagues. TEN added a lot of talent on offense, you're sleeping on their potential if you're completely writing off RB's on that team.
Ive got Barnes everywhere as well. They only ran him with the 3s after the Henry injury however. So that sucks. May not even get an opportunity to show anything.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:53 am

I saw a tweet that Barnes is literally last on the RB depth chart.

Lord_Varys
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Lord_Varys » Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:57 am

Phaded wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:53 am I saw a tweet that Barnes is literally last on the RB depth chart.
We would expect this of a rookie taken late as him tho, right? Best case is he does well in camp and preseason and grinds up the depth chart, so he's on track as he can be, right?

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:08 am

Lord_Varys wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:57 am
Phaded wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:53 am I saw a tweet that Barnes is literally last on the RB depth chart.
We would expect this of a rookie taken late as him tho, right? Best case is he does well in camp and preseason and grinds up the depth chart, so he's on track as he can be, right?
He wasnt taken at all, he was undrafted.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:28 am

Lord_Varys wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:57 am
I agree; I more or less said it because of the strange praise for Barnes.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:30 pm

We had our draft this weekend been, 10 team league... and I'm staring at Alex Barnes, Qadree Ollison, Bruce Anderson, Myles Gaskin, all sitting there on the wire... KeeSean Johnson too.

My initial thought was to go for Barnes - he seems like the back with the most physical talent out of that lot, and with the Henry injury, looked like he could be in line for a bump. But reading this last page has thrown a lot of cold water on that, which is a shame because his tape was semi-impressive.
Last edited by mild on Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
10 team .5 PPR SF

QB - Mahomes, Jackson, Hurts, Zach Wilson
RB - Saquon, Chubb, AJD, Dobbins, Penny, Gio, T. Jones
WR - Hill, AJB, Diggs, Sutton, Jeudy, Bateman, Watkins, Slayton, Callaway
TE - Goedert, Pitts, OJH, Cook
Taxi - Mims, D. Brown, Jacob Harris

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:48 pm

In a 10-team league, hard to like any of those guys if I am being honest.

In other news:
In team periods, Harris and Phillip Dorsett are taking the first snaps virtually regardless of the personnel grouping. Harry and Braxton Berrios have generally been next in line.
Harris & Dorsett working as the 1s with Edelman gone is certainly interesting.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:06 pm

Phaded wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:48 pm In a 10-team league, hard to like any of those guys if I am being honest.

In other news:
In team periods, Harris and Phillip Dorsett are taking the first snaps virtually regardless of the personnel grouping. Harry and Braxton Berrios have generally been next in line.
Edelman and Sony are both out. Aren't Harris and Dorsett the next 2 up on the depth chart anyway?

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:30 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:06 pm
Phaded wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:48 pm In a 10-team league, hard to like any of those guys if I am being honest.

In other news:
Edelman and Sony are both out. Aren't Harris and Dorsett the next 2 up on the depth chart anyway?
Given your mention about Sony, it’s a different Harris I think. Maurice, not Damien. The point of the blurb was that Harry was running with the twos even with Edelman out.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:18 am

ericanadian wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:30 pm
Jigga94 wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:06 pm

In other news:

Given your mention about Sony, it’s a different Harris I think. Maurice, not Damien. The point of the blurb was that Harry was running with the twos even with Edelman out.
Ahhh I see, thanks

UATahoe
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby UATahoe » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:08 am

Watching NFL training camp live, looks like Sammy Watkins tweaked something. Looked down at his foot and hobbled off. Haven’t seen him since.
12 Team PPR League 1Qb 2Rb 3Wr 1Flex 1Te 1Def 1K

1 QB Mahomes, Dak Prescott
2 RB Mixon, Kamara, Melvin Gordon, Nick Chubb, Royce Freeman, Justice Hill, Boston Scott, Ito Smith
3 WR Godwin, K. Allen, A. Cooper, S. Watkins, DJ Moore, Michael Gallup, Kelvin Harmon, Martavis Bryant, Core Coleman(IR) Preston Williams(IR)
1 TE Mark Andrews, H. Henry, H. Hurst, Ian Thomas, Goedert
D/ST Bears
K Zane Gonzalez

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:12 am

UATahoe wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:08 am Watching NFL training camp live, looks like Sammy Watkins tweaked something. Looked down at his foot and hobbled off. Haven’t seen him since.
Shocking

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:06 am

In other news:
Or you know Harry has had 5 days at camp and is a rookie so is having some growing pains with what is considered one of the hardest playbooks in the NFL. I understand you want to be right about your "Harry is a bust" take but man give the guy some time to learn. This is training camp overreaction 101 :lol: :lol: :lol:

TheNuts
Captain
Captain

Postby TheNuts » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:19 am

Weknownothing86 wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:06 am

In other news:
Or you know Harry has had 5 days at camp and is a rookie so is having some growing pains with what is considered one of the hardest playbooks in the NFL. I understand you want to be right about your "Harry is a bust" take but man give the guy some time to learn. This is training camp overreaction 101 :lol: :lol: :lol:
Every other rookie besides Harry and Daniel Jones is a future stud. Everyone makes spectacular contested grabs and burns defensive backs like they are standing still.
12 team ppr 4 point pass td

Murray, Minshew
Singletary, Lindsay, Samuels, Ty Johnson
Chark, Arob, Woods, Diontae, Nkeal, Lazard, Conley, Cole, Dorsett
Higbee, Jarwin, Dissly
Gould, Patriots

14 team ppr superflex, .2 ppc, WR 25% ppr bonus, TE ppr bonus 75%

Mayfield, Minshew, Trubisky, Foles, Hill
Djohns, Singletary, Fournette, Harris, Armstead, Ogunbawale, Samuels
Julio, Arob, Woods, Sims Jr, Claypool, Duvernay, Isabella, Conley, Tyrell
Waller, Hurst, Jarwin, Boyle

12 team ppr 4 point pass td, superflex, 1.5 TE ppr

Goff, Minshew, Hill, Alllen, Walker
Chubb, Taylor, Henry, Singletary, David Johnson, Damien Harris, Hyde, Boone, Blasingame
Tyreek, Boyd, Diontae, Marvin Jones, Pittman, Nkeal, Duvernay, Sims Jr, Stills
Waller, Higbee, Arnold, Olsen, Parkinson, Sample

20 team ppr 6 point pass td, .05 point per return yard

Matt Ryan
Fournette, Singletary, Harris, Cohen, Duke Johnson, Trey Edmunds
Davante Adams, Tyreek, Sutton, Boyd, Dorsett, Tyrell
Kittle, Jarwin, Oliver

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:58 am

Weknownothing86 wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:06 am

In other news:
I stated nothing but facts.

Maurice Harris is a very experienced NFL receiver and established with the Patriots, right?

There is no way you can play off Harris being ahead of Harry as not notable.

Dorsett is understandable as he is a returning Patriots.