General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Top 3 Rookie RB's

Postby Patsfan86 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:52 am

dvpkwys wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:48 am
Weknownothing86 wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:29 am
dvpkwys wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:22 am Great chatter - this makes me decision that more murky haha.

I have 1 and 3 and need a RB. Trading down won't secure me a back as I know the guys at 4 and 5 are going RB as well. I need to make a decision!
You ever think about going Harry at 1? Im sure montgomery will be available for you at 3. Or go Jacobs at 1 and Montgomery at 3
No - reasons being I'm in a 2QB league with prices very high. I have two older QB's in Brady and Rivers, Murray is a nice piece to add. I have good WR depth in Antonio, AJ Green, Adams, Godwin, DJ Moore, Gallup, Zay etc. I need a RB.
My bad, i missed the 2Qb part. My rankings are Jacobs, Montgomery, Sanders.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:23 pm

Sounds like you should go Murray 1st. Are you thinking of trying to get him at 3? I would get Murray and then the best remaining RB on your list

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:27 pm

Truthfully; while it is 2QB - it is also only a 10 teamer and you have three starting QBs already.
I could see the argument for taking Jacobs #1 (or whichever RB you prefer), watch Murray go 2nd and then grab your 2nd RB.

It's not like Murray is some sure thing and while it's 2QB, there are still only 20 starting quarterbacks any given week.

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:07 pm

Whoa 2 QB changes things, especially with the aging relics you have. No brainer take Murray at 1 and whichever RB you like most. For me its Sanders long term and then Jacobs and drop a tier then Montgomery. But you cant go anywhere except Murray at 1.01 in a 2 QB league.

sugbear65
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby sugbear65 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:34 pm

Man, everybody seems to be misspelling the name Singletary in their top 3, it doesn’t start with a J! Lol. I would actually have Singletary and Montgomery as my 1a and 1b, then Sanders. Not a Jacobs fan anywhere near his price. I actually prefer Harris over Jacobs as a prospect. Each their own though.

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:54 am

OP, this thread is a good example of why just going with your gut is the best bet. You are getting so many different answers, a few from vet posters on here who know what they are talking about, and they are all saying different things. "Take Murray" "No dont take murray take Jacobs" "Take Sanders" or me with the "Take Harry" Its just confusing. These advice posts can be a good guide sometimes but just go with your gut, hell draft DK Metcalf 1.01 if you want to, though i HIGHLY advise against that, even though im the last person you want to listen to :lol: :lol: :lol:

NWABCS
Captain
Captain

Postby NWABCS » Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:51 am

I think with having the 1.1, you're a winner no matter what. You get varied opinions but you're the only guy who can control what happens with your pick. Go with who you like and be happy. You could wait until night before the draft and try and get a king's ransom for the pick too.

FWIW, I had 6th in my recent draft. Superflex. It went Kyler, Jacobs, Harry, Montgomery, Metcalf, and I took Sanders. I didn't project Sanders being there at 6th but alas, there he was. Other odd note from my draft, Haskins fell to 9th. Well, it was odd to me as I had him as fourth overall best guy.
12 team
1/2 PPR
Start: 1QB, 2RB, 1 R/W/T, 3W/T, 1SF, 1K, 1 DEF

QB: Mahomes, Burrow, Lawrence
RB: Bijan Robinson, J. Taylor, Etienne, B. Hall, Roschon Johnson, Najee
WR/TE: J. Jefferson, D. Samuel, AJ Brown, DJ Moore, J. Chase, Waddle, Nico Collins, Rashee Rice
K: Butker
DEF: Bills
2024 picks: 1.11, 3.04
2025 picks: 1st, two 2nds

12 team
1/2 ppr
Start: 1QB, 2RB, 1R/W/T, 3 W/T, 1SF

QB: Mahomes, Josh Allen, Aidan O'Connell, Mason Rudolph
RB: Javonte Williams, Barkley, Etienne, J. Warren, D. Foreman, K. Herbert, N. Harris, Chris Rodriguez
WR/TE: D. Adams, DJ Moore, DK Metcalf, Waddle, Pittman, Drake London, ARSB, Mark Andrews
2024 picks: 1.04, 2.01, 2.12, 3.05, 3.11, 4.04, 4.09, 5.05, 5.07
2025 picks: two 2nds

Stevens61310
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Stevens61310 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:57 am

I do have Montgomery as #1. And I am totally sold that he will be this year's ROY. 10 years from now Montgomery is going to look like a no-brainer--

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:01 am

JJ/Monty are even at #1. I am in Chicago, so I like him more.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

dvpkwys
Captain
Captain

Postby dvpkwys » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:37 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:23 pm Sounds like you should go Murray 1st. Are you thinking of trying to get him at 3? I would get Murray and then the best remaining RB on your list
Going Murray 1st for sure. The owner of the 2nd pick desperately needs a QB so he will be going Haskins, almost guaranteed. Leaving me the choice of the RB's at 3.
10 Team - NON PPR (5 Round Rookie Draft) - Start 2QB, 2RB, 4WR, 1TE, 1FLEX, 4DB, 4LB/DL/DB

Burrow/Howell (Murray, Geno)
Taylor/Swift (Sanders, Conner, Gibson, Miller, Spears Lenny)
Adams/Godwin/Higgins/McLaurin (DJ Moore, Hopkins, Tillman)
Kelce (Hockenson)
Budda/Holland/Blackmon/Minkah (Sydney Brown)
Bosa/Bernard/Okereke/EJones (Elliss)

dvpkwys
Captain
Captain

Postby dvpkwys » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:38 pm

Phaded wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:27 pm Truthfully; while it is 2QB - it is also only a 10 teamer and you have three starting QBs already.
I could see the argument for taking Jacobs #1 (or whichever RB you prefer), watch Murray go 2nd and then grab your 2nd RB.

It's not like Murray is some sure thing and while it's 2QB, there are still only 20 starting quarterbacks any given week.
This has crossed my mind as well. Jacobs then Monty and be done. If Murray bans out he would be a huge asset. Brady will be gone (eventually?) so having Murray and Luck in a 2QB league is great for years!
10 Team - NON PPR (5 Round Rookie Draft) - Start 2QB, 2RB, 4WR, 1TE, 1FLEX, 4DB, 4LB/DL/DB

Kelce (Hockenson)

dvpkwys
Captain
Captain

Postby dvpkwys » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:40 pm

Weknownothing86 wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:54 am OP, this thread is a good example of why just going with your gut is the best bet. You are getting so many different answers, a few from vet posters on here who know what they are talking about, and they are all saying different things. "Take Murray" "No dont take murray take Jacobs" "Take Sanders" or me with the "Take Harry" Its just confusing. These advice posts can be a good guide sometimes but just go with your gut, hell draft DK Metcalf 1.01 if you want to, though i HIGHLY advise against that, even though im the last person you want to listen to :lol: :lol: :lol:
haha a lot of different opinions!

Kelce (Hockenson)

Oblong_Ball
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Oblong_Ball » Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:16 pm

dvpkwys wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:48 am
Weknownothing86 wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:29 am
dvpkwys wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:22 am Great chatter - this makes me decision that more murky haha.

I have 1 and 3 and need a RB. Trading down won't secure me a back as I know the guys at 4 and 5 are going RB as well. I need to make a decision!
You ever think about going Harry at 1? Im sure montgomery will be available for you at 3. Or go Jacobs at 1 and Montgomery at 3
No - reasons being I'm in a 2QB league with prices very high. I have two older QB's in Brady and Rivers, Murray is a nice piece to add. I have good WR depth in Antonio, AJ Green, Adams, Godwin, DJ Moore, Gallup, Zay etc. I need a RB.
So go Murray at 1.01 and then Jacobs/Monty at 1.03. Problem solved.
:thumbdown:

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:24 pm

sugbear65 wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:34 pm Man, everybody seems to be misspelling the name Singletary in their top 3, it doesn’t start with a J! Lol. I would actually have Singletary and Montgomery as my 1a and 1b, then Sanders. Not a Jacobs fan anywhere near his price. I actually prefer Harris over Jacobs as a prospect. Each their own though.
If the discussion was "best RB for the price", then I'd put Devin Singletary at the #1 spot as well. His value as a potential starting RB for years to come is off the charts in comparison to his going rate. He doesn't catch a lot of passes yet, so it's going to take him some time to develop, which he has in Buffalo. Nice landing spot imo.

But that's not the topic, so that's why you aren't seeing him listed.

My initial rankings were Sanders, Jacobs, Monty in April (Source)

Nothing has happened to change my mind. That said, out of the gate it'll be either Jacobs/Monty with a huge lead over Sanders. But we're talking dynasty here so in 2-3 years time, I think Sanders will prove to be the best of the bunch.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

themburns
Starter
Starter

Postby themburns » Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:39 am

Phaded wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:37 pm For me I have Jacobs, followed closely by Henderson (I had this opinion pre-draft), then followed closely by Mont; a tier gap and then Sanders.
This is where I have it as well.