We lost Silva's match-up column behind a paywall

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

We lost Silva's match-up column behind a paywall

Postby Plank » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:47 am

Evan is teaming up with Adam Levitan (Edge podcast, DFS cash fame) and launching a new website:

https://establishtherun.com/

Running an Early Bird special of $180 for the in-season package .. guess its $230 otherwise.

I suspect this is geared more for DFS, with a Friday night positional breakdown show, a Sunday morning Live stream with Silva/Levitan right up to game time at 1pm ET ..

Also Rich is joining Warren Sharp for his article "The Worksheet"
@PlankMelody

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: We lost Silva's match-up column behind a paywall

Postby hockeyBjj » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:58 am

Roughly $200 per year???

That better come with some guarantee that following their advice will win me 80% of my leagues and net a 2:1 dfs return
Last edited by hockeyBjj on Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:00 am

I love Silva, but he gets so stuck on things week to week on players, like his chalk is off too many times to count on .. I even got to the point where I was hedging him on his chalk calls

Levitan is a NFL news junkie though, the stream with him leading up to the 1pm games gives me pause on subscribing ..

I dunno, that's just too much .. guess I'll start mourning the loss now
@PlankMelody

ebsteelers
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ebsteelers » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:03 am

hockeyBjj wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:58 am Roughly $200 per year???

That better come with some guarantee that following their advice will win me 80% of my leagues and net a 2:1 dfs return
all these guys are getting way too expensive, not worth it majority of the time

IBall2
All Pro
All Pro

Postby IBall2 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:29 am

Hard for me to justify paying $200 a year for a subscription when I only spend about $150 total all season long between dynasty leagues and low level DFS. They're really trying to appeal to a niche market of DFS + high stakes + people that need/want fantasy help (I assume people that are dropping $100+ a week on DFS already have their own algorithms and personal preference on who to pick that they wouldn't need "expert" advise). Should be interesting to see how well they do at this high price point.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:51 pm

It's not as spoon-fed, but you get as good or better weekly match-up data from PFF, for a lot less money. Good luck with that nonsense, Evan.

edit: on second thought... since DFS is gambling, and gamblers are money-burning addicts, maybe the fee Evan and Adam are demanding isn't so crazy for the demographic they're targetting
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:41 am

$230 :lol: :lol:

I'm guessing this is a price for more high stakes DFS and season-long players.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:23 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:41 am $230 :lol: :lol:

So I can't hear how DJ can't run between the tackles anymore? Sigh. (Sorry, but that one really stuck out LOL)
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:47 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:23 am
Cameron Giles wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:41 am $230 :lol: :lol:

So I can't hear how DJ can't run between the tackles anymore? Sigh. (Sorry, but that one really stuck out LOL)
There was a moment a season or two ago when Silva said something about Hopkins torching Xavian Howard. But the facts were Howard barely lined up vs Hopkins and when he did he, for the most part, shut him down. It was a thing because Howard was shutting down a lot of top WRs and either he or someone was making a big deal of the matchup. Hopkins had a good game but Silva made his rotoworld blurb out to he Hopkins lit Howard up. I dont know why but that bothered me quite a bit.

Edit: ok so last season Howard was asked about his upcoming matchup vs Hopkins. Howard said Hopkind likes to push off a lot. Hopkins responds was "Whos Xavien Howard?" Media blew it up a little bit. That was the game Hopkins had that between the legs catch that was negated by penalty. Howard played vs Hopkins really well. I think vs Howard, Hopkins was just a couple catches and a TD. Silva made a big stink about Hopkins final statline. Nowhere does he mention that 90% of Hopkins production came against everyone but Howard.

Lord_Varys
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Lord_Varys » Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:34 pm

I play with diehard fantasy junkies and I play with casual fantasy enthusiasts and every single one has laughed at this price tag. It will be interesting to learn how many tens of people sign up for this service.

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:15 pm

Lord_Varys wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:34 pm I play with diehard fantasy junkies and I play with casual fantasy enthusiasts and every single one has laughed at this price tag. It will be interesting to learn how many tens of people sign up for this service.
Agreed. That's a ridiculous price to ask for their "expert" analysis. "Tens" is probably a good estimate. It will probably only take a month or so before they run some sort of half-price promotion or something along those lines if they actually want anyone to sign up.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:53 pm

8pm Tonight last chance to save $50 on their best offer ..

The Early bird included Evan's Draft Kit ($30 value) and the ETR In-Season subscription. Normally $230 separately, together today for $180.

ETR In-Season subscription is $200 full price.

Just wanted to clarify to avoid any confusion that may exist.
@PlankMelody

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:04 pm

Has Silva really brought anything to the table other than eye-ball analysis? I guess that's why he brought on guys like Josh Hermsmeyer.

Personally, I wouldn't pay for this but just like anything, he's built up enough of a following to be able to try and make money off of it.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:05 pm

Servo wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:04 pm Has Silva really brought anything to the table other than eye-ball analysis?
His weekly write-ups constantly cited PFF grades, Football Outsiders' analytics, and (a bit more recently) air-yards. He's always been a guy that uses in vogue data from other sources when forming his opinions, so he's really kind of a 'data aggregator' pundit.

Which is fine, in and of itself. I do that, too. The issue with it in this context is that practically anyone can do that for themselves for much less than a couple hundred bucks.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

ebsteelers
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ebsteelers » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:23 am

better off going with football guys, lot cheaper, and more content