Melvin Gordon value

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Lazy Ass Mastermind
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: Melvin Gordon to hold out/demand trade without new contract

Postby Lazy Ass Mastermind » Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:37 pm

Prison_Mike wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:16 pm So as I understand it: Gordon HAS to return this season, otherwise he'll be in the exact same situation next year.

However, does that mean he will actually PLAY? or does he simply have to REPORT (& be on the sidelines) in order to earn his FA eligibility?
I would think he has to report to work, and if his boss (head coach) tells him he has to play, then he has to play. Players don’t decide if they play or not.

Or he pull an AB and just go batshit crazy to get himself released.
12 Team, 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, Flex, TE, DEF, K
QB: Joe Burrow, Justin Fields
RB: Najee Harris, Rhamondre Stevenson, Aaron Jones, James Conner, Jamaal Williams, Isiah Pacheco
WR: Tee Higgins, DJ Moore, Amari Cooper, Terry Mclaurin, Treylon Burks, Courtland Sutton, Parris Campbell
TE: Dallas Goedert, Evan Engram
DST: Dallas Cowboys
K: Tyler Bass

*League is Keep 7, 20 man rosters

MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MrUbuto » Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:25 pm

Bell definitely won

Sure he lost out on 15 mill but that could have easily been the last dollar he ever made in his life.

Now hes getting about 40 guarenteed to live with the rest of his life.

As for gordon.. yea I am quite perplexed he turned down to 2 year 20 mill or whatever it was. It was very fair

Hes good but not super elite
QB - DWatson(HOU)Minshew(JAX)Darnold(NYJ)
RB -NChubb(CLE)DHenry(TEN)JTaylor(IND)Gurley(ATL)
WR -DHopkins(ARI)ACooper(DAL)CGodwin(TB)OBJ(CLE)
TE - HHenry(SD)DGoeddart(PHI)
K - Zurlien(LAR)Crosby(GB)
Def - ARI DAL
[rookie] Haskins(WAS)DSwift(DET)Jefferson(MIN)MHardman(KC)
7th pick in 2021

Rosters must always be 3qbs 4wrs 4rbs 2tes 2kickers 2dst and protected players don't take up a roster spot, but are only for rookie/2nd-year players that were drafted

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:35 pm

MrUbuto wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:25 pm Bell definitely won

Sure he lost out on 15 mill but that could have easily been the last dollar he ever made in his life.

As for gordon.. yea I am quite perplexed he turned down to 2 year 20 mill or whatever it was. It was very fair

Well, the Chargers just lost to the Lions... mostly because their offense couldn’t get much going.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:36 pm

Austin Ekeler has won, as well. Outside of a goal line fumble, he's been great. Even if he goes back to a reduced role, in a PPR league, he's going to have value. He's been an explosive playmaker since he entered the league, and through 2 games, he has shown he deserves to be on an NFL field on a regular basis. He will be coveted in FA soon. RFA next year. Could be the Chargers Sproles decision all over again. I would not move him for anything less than a first at this point. A 2nd isn't worth moving him for.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:50 pm

Must be new math. Go back and review Bell’s offer from the Steelers. He lost millions.

Btw, Bell’s real guaranteed money is 25 million.

Gordon is getting terrible advice.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:58 pm

Ice wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:50 pm

Must be new math. Go back and review Bell’s offer from the Steelers. He lost millions.

What was the guaranteed money from the Steelers? I heard it wasn't much, and that's one of the reasons he turned it down. Often teams leak the years and money to the media ie 4 year/45 million, but not the fact the guaranteed money is minimal.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:59 pm

ericanadian wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:35 pm

Well, the Chargers just lost to the Lions... mostly because their offense couldn’t get much going.
They had 2 missed FG's that should have been made, and a goal line fumble. They should have had 23 points. Ekeler looks damn good (aside from the fumble)

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:00 pm

Must be new math. Go back and review Bells offer from the Steelers. He lost millions.

The Steelers offer was almost all non-guaranteed, they have a franchise policy of giving no guaranteed money after the 1st year of the deal for non-QBs. Ultimately the guaranteed money is the only number that really matters in NFL contracts, especially at the RB position. In the end I would say Bells outcome was pretty neutral, he gave up 1 year of $15M on the Tag and gained essentially 2 years guaranteed at $15M each. He wouldn't have gotten a deal from anyone for near that money if he was coming off another 400+ touch season that Pittsburgh would have absolutely put on him, and even less if he suffered an injury. By sitting the year Bell took a potential hit on total earnings, for more security in a multi-year deal.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:21 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:59 pm

They had 2 missed FG's that should have been made, and a goal line fumble. They should have had 23 points. Ekeler looks damn good (aside from the fumble)
They had ten.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:35 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:58 pm

What was the guaranteed money from the Steelers? I heard it wasn't much, and that's one of the reasons he turned it down. Often teams leak the years and money to the media ie 4 year/45 million, but not the fact the guaranteed money is minimal.
Steelers offered Bell 5 years, $70M. The first year was guaranteed at $10M. After that, they could've got out easily as the contract only had rolling guarantees. It was a pretty terrible contract for an RB.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:53 pm

ericanadian wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:21 pm

They had ten.
Thanks for the news flash :roll: . My point was the offense wasn't as bad at the scoreline indicated, and the idea that they "couldn't get much going" wasn't exactly true. They had 424 total yards on the road. They got plenty going, just had some miscues in the kicking game, and at the goal line they had a fumble.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:07 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:53 pm

They had ten.
Thanks for the news flash :roll: . My point was the offense wasn't as bad at the scoreline indicated, and the idea that they "couldn't get much going" wasn't exactly true. They had 424 total yards on the road. They got plenty going, just had some miscues in the kicking game, and at the goal line they had a fumble.
Chargers probably should have gone for it on 4th down a couple times instead of kicking FGs. They didn't sign a Kicker while Badgley is hurt, they're just having their Punter do it. Blowing a game they absolutely should win like is this is so typical Chargers...

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:26 pm

bjd5211 wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:07 pm

They had ten.
Chargers probably should have gone for it on 4th down a couple times instead of kicking FGs. They didn't sign a Kicker while Badgley is hurt, they're just having their Punter do it. Blowing a game they absolutely should win like is this is so typical Chargers...
Jackson had 50 plus yard run called back that was awesome, and then later Ekeler had a 20 plus yard reception called back that was also an awesome solo effort. These 2 backs are rendering Gordon redundant at the moment. Sure, having him come in half way through the year will help the team, as he will be fresh and healthy, but he's lost any leverage he had. Ekeler is the RB1 in FF through 2 weeks, and Jackson is doing well with his touches, too. They have proven to be more efficient without Gordon, when he is not playing, for a while now.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:33 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:26 pm

Jackson had 50 plus yard run called back that was awesome, and then later Ekeler had a 20 plus yard reception called back that was also an awesome solo effort. These 2 backs are rendering Gordon redundant at the moment. Sure, having him come in half way through the year will help the team, as he will be fresh and healthy, but he's lost any leverage he had. Ekeler is the RB1 in FF through 2 weeks, and Jackson is doing well with his touches, too. They have proven to be more efficient without Gordon, when he is not playing, for a while now.

Ok? I didn't say anything about the running game or RBs, was responding to your kicking game miscues comment. It was fairly obvious they shouldn't have been expecting much from the kicking game outside of XPs and chip shot FGs seeing as they didn't have an actual kicker.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:41 pm

bjd5211 wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:33 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:26 pm

Ok? I didn't say anything about the running game or RBs, was responding to your kicking game miscues comment. It was fairly obvious they shouldn't have been expecting much from the kicking game outside of XPs and chip shot FGs seeing as they didn't have an actual kicker.
No, you didn't. Sorry, I was more adding to my point about the other poster a while back, who so eloquently pointed out that they had 10 points, where I pointed out they should have had at least 13 more. Sorry for the confusion, that's on me. This is a Gordon thread, so I'm merely trying to say the RB's are doing just fine without him. You were basically adding to my point that the kicking game was in disarray, and that is not on the offense (adding to my point) Sorry for the confusion, I have no quarrel with you, good sir. :thumbup: