Bad trades and big mistakes thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
problemsolver
Starter
Starter

Re: Bad trades and big mistakes thread

Postby problemsolver » Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:41 am

1) My first year of playing Dynasty, my first rookie draft. Took over an orphan. It was abysmal.In the third round I unearthed Julius Thomas. Of course he balled out in 2013. Midway thru 2014 a playoff team needed a TE, offered me Cam Newton straight up for him. Of course Thomas was going to score 12 TD a year forever, amirite? Turned it down. The last 6 years have been a litany of Bortles and Tyrods and Foles and Daltons. Shoulda made that trade.

2) First start up draft, 2014-ish. Picking at the 12/13 turn. Took Randall Cobb and Gio Bernard. The next two picks? Leveon Bell and Antonio Brown. I never did a start up again. Now I just collect orphans.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:05 am

problemsolver wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:41 am 1) My first year of playing Dynasty, my first rookie draft. Took over an orphan. It was abysmal.In the third round I unearthed Julius Thomas. Of course he balled out in 2013. Midway thru 2014 a playoff team needed a TE, offered me Cam Newton straight up for him. Of course Thomas was going to score 12 TD a year forever, amirite? Turned it down. The last 6 years have been a litany of Bortles and Tyrods and Foles and Daltons. Shoulda made that trade.

2) First start up draft, 2014-ish. Picking at the 12/13 turn. Took Randall Cobb and Gio Bernard. The next two picks? Leveon Bell and Antonio Brown. I never did a start up again. Now I just collect orphans.
That's a serious aversion. :lol: We're here for you. This thread, in part, is Dynasty therapy.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

problemsolver
Starter
Starter

Postby problemsolver » Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:15 am

Luckily there are an abundance of orphans looking for someone to polish them up. I've got 14 of them now, although one seems to be fading into oblivion.

TheNuts
Captain
Captain

Postby TheNuts » Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:41 am

trc wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:54 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:59 pm On the news of Kevin White being released from Arizona, I just want to say that I did not expect this kind of career, but there were those who took him over Gurley and Cooper, and even some who took him at 1.01, and I have to think they might be second guessing that at this point. In one league I traded up to 1.04 to grab him, but quickly bailed after his rookie year, when I was able to get value. Has to be one of the biggest WR busts of all time.
His rookie season I had the 1.04, were torn between White and Parker. In the end it really didn't matter, unless Parker finally breaks through (he is still in MIA right? :D )
No this is finally the year. Draft him with prejudice
12 team ppr 4 point pass td

Murray, Minshew
Singletary, Lindsay, Samuels, Ty Johnson
Chark, Arob, Woods, Diontae, Nkeal, Lazard, Conley, Cole, Dorsett
Higbee, Jarwin, Dissly
Gould, Patriots

14 team ppr superflex, .2 ppc, WR 25% ppr bonus, TE ppr bonus 75%

Mayfield, Minshew, Trubisky, Foles, Hill
Djohns, Singletary, Fournette, Harris, Armstead, Ogunbawale, Samuels
Julio, Arob, Woods, Sims Jr, Claypool, Duvernay, Isabella, Conley, Tyrell
Waller, Hurst, Jarwin, Boyle

12 team ppr 4 point pass td, superflex, 1.5 TE ppr

Goff, Minshew, Hill, Alllen, Walker
Chubb, Taylor, Henry, Singletary, David Johnson, Damien Harris, Hyde, Boone, Blasingame
Tyreek, Boyd, Diontae, Marvin Jones, Pittman, Nkeal, Duvernay, Sims Jr, Stills
Waller, Higbee, Arnold, Olsen, Parkinson, Sample

20 team ppr 6 point pass td, .05 point per return yard

Matt Ryan
Fournette, Singletary, Harris, Cohen, Duke Johnson, Trey Edmunds
Davante Adams, Tyreek, Sutton, Boyd, Dorsett, Tyrell
Kittle, Jarwin, Oliver

notweswelker
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby notweswelker » Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:50 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:59 pm On the news of Kevin White being released from Arizona, I just want to say that I did not expect this kind of career, but there were those who took him over Gurley and Cooper, and even some who took him at 1.01, and I have to think they might be second guessing that at this point. In one league I traded up to 1.04 to grab him, but quickly bailed after his rookie year, when I was able to get value. Has to be one of the biggest WR busts of all time.
In my second league, that draft has become the most infamous in our league history.
Poor bastard had the 1.01 but traded down as he wanted Kevin White.
The trade ended up being 1.01+2.06 in exchange for 1.02+1.08+2.08. On draft day it shook out like this:

1.01 - Todd Gurley
2.06 - David Johnson
for
1.02 Kevin White
1.08 Brashad Perriman
2.08 David Cobb

Worst exchange I have seen so far in my personal leagues.

Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Blueboy » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:51 pm

notweswelker wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:50 pm
In my second league, that draft has become the most infamous in our league history.
The trade ended up being 1.01+2.06 in exchange for 1.02+1.08+2.08. On draft day it shook out like this:

1.01 - Todd Gurley
2.06 - David Johnson
for
1.02 Kevin White
1.08 Brashad Perriman
2.08 David Cobb

That's the kind of move that makes me consider never actually keeping rookie picks.

12-team SF, PPR, TE premium, 0.25 PPCarry
1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1SF 4Flex
QB: Mahomes, Fields, Love
RB: Bijan, ETN, Pollard, Achane, Herbert
WR: Kupp, Hill, Metcalf, Ridley, Jeudy, D.J. M, Burks, Hollywood, Wan'Dale
TE: Kyle Pitts, Goedert

NWABCS
Captain
Captain

Postby NWABCS » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:57 pm

notweswelker wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:50 pm

1.01 - Todd Gurley
2.06 - David Johnson
for
1.02 Kevin White
1.08 Brashad Perriman
2.08 David Cobb

White, Perriman, and Cobb? That poor man. I assume he's since quit fantasy football forever?

In my one dynasty..in the year 2007...
Owner has 1.1 and gets offer of three way trade which would've given them two firsts and upgrades in later rounds but they stand pat proudly taking Brady Quinn 1st overall. The picks they would've gotten: Calvin Johnson, Marshawn Lynch, and Sidney Rice.

Also that year, I passed on a trade to move up and draft SD WR Craig Davis. I settled for NYG WR Steve Smith (he had one good year) and with the 2008 picks I kept, took Jordy Nelson and Jamaal Charles, both of which I kept until I left the league.

A few years later I passed on Andrew Luck for Trent Richardson and scratched out Alfred Morris to take someone who probably got cut by the following season.
12 team
1/2 PPR
Start: 1QB, 2RB, 1 R/W/T, 3W/T, 1SF, 1K, 1 DEF

QB: Mahomes, Burrow, Lawrence
RB: Bijan Robinson, J. Taylor, Etienne, B. Hall, Roschon Johnson, Najee
WR/TE: J. Jefferson, D. Samuel, AJ Brown, DJ Moore, J. Chase, Waddle, Nico Collins, Rashee Rice
K: Butker
DEF: Bills
2024 picks: 1.11, 3.04
2025 picks: 1st, two 2nds

12 team
1/2 ppr
Start: 1QB, 2RB, 1R/W/T, 3 W/T, 1SF

QB: Mahomes, Josh Allen, Aidan O'Connell, Mason Rudolph
RB: Javonte Williams, Barkley, Etienne, D. Foreman, K. Herbert, N. Harris, Chris Rodriguez
WR/TE: D. Adams, DJ Moore, Puca Nacua, DK Metcalf, Waddle, Pittman, Drake London, ARSB
2024 picks: 1.10, 2.01, 2.12, 3.05, 3.11, 4.02, 4.04, 4.09, 4.10, 4.11, 5.01 5.05
2025 picks: three 2nds

IWantToDieNasty
Rookie
Rookie

Postby IWantToDieNasty » Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:09 am

Traded DJ Moore and a 3rd Rounder for Allen Robinson at the end of 2018 season...still have no idea where my head was at
12 team, 1 QB, .5 PPR start 1 QB/1RB/1WR/1TE/5FLX

QB: Lamar, Cousins, Russ
RB: JT, Bijan, Gibbs, Kyren, Allgeier, Moss, Gus, Sean Tucker
WR: Aiyuk, Davante, Kupp, E Moore, Mims, Atwell, Iosavis
TE: Mandrews, Hockenson, Laporta, Waller, Bellinger

Prison_Mike
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Prison_Mike » Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:16 am

I traded Chris Godwin & Adrian Peterson for Chris Thompson & 2.10 mid-way through last season

League tried to veto it but it passed by 1 vote lol :wall:

notweswelker
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby notweswelker » Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:15 pm

Prison_Mike wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:16 am I traded Chris Godwin & Adrian Peterson for Chris Thompson & 2.10 mid-way through last season

I am speechless

Prison_Mike
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Prison_Mike » Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:54 pm

notweswelker wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:15 pm
Prison_Mike wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:16 am I traded Chris Godwin & Adrian Peterson for Chris Thompson & 2.10 mid-way through last season

I am speechless
It haunts my dreams

kamihamster
Captain
Captain

Postby kamihamster » Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:12 pm

i smash dropped Josh Gordon last year when he got suspended again. i thought his career was over. funny thing is that no one picked him up. the season ended and we had our rookie draft where you can draft vets too and no one did. he did get picked up on the first pass of the waiver wire though, and now i regret it with him coming back.
NTL (est 2016): (8-0)
12-team, PPR, 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1FLX
QB: A.Rodgers, D.Jones
RB: A.Kamara, K.Johnson, K.Drake, Da.Henderson, C.Anderson, K.Ballage, T.Montgomery, J.Wilson, D.Ogunbowale, Dw.Washington, J.Kelly, P.Perkins, A.Blue
WR: O.Beckham, D.Hopkins, C.Kupp, D.Chark, R.Foster, A.Wilson, J.Reynolds, S.Morgan, B.Pringle, O.Johnson, D.Williams, D.Willis
TE: J.Cook, M.Andrews, A.Shaheen, B.Jarwin
2020 Picks: 3, 4
2021 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4
2022 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4

Home League (est 2014): 2018 Champ (6-2)
12-team, NPPR-6ptTD, 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,2FLX,1K,1DST,4IDP
QB: P.Mahomes, J.Goff
RB: D.Cook, A.Kamara, J.Mixon, M.Breida, S.Michel, F.Gore, D.Guice, K.Ballage, D.Ogunbowale, R.Bonnafon, J.Scarlett, W.Gallman, J.Kelly, J.Wilson
WR: D.Adams, J.Smith-Schuster, T.Boyd, A.Robinson, L.Fitzgerald, Jo.Brown, M.Valdes-Scantiling, K.Harmon, Z.Pascal
TE: E.Engram, A.Hooper
DST: NOS
K: W.Lutz
2020 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
2021 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:18 pm

I traded Wentz, Fournette and 1.11 a 3rd and 4th for Luck, Conner and Sameuls in a SF/Start 3 RB league in March. I still had concerns about Luck's shoulder a bit, even though he had a great year, but though Carson was the bigger injury risk, along with Fournette :doh: . It's a contending team.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:39 pm

Just coming off the 2015 season they’re were three new TEs ready to break on the scene. Jordan Reed, Tyler eifert, and Travis kelce. I opted for reed and eifert everywhere I could over kelce because
“I’m worried about kelces long term health with his micro fracture surgery”
Kelce I believe hasn’t missed a game and Reed and eifert yeah.....

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:17 am

Back in 2001, the team of a friend of mine was dominating our league. He got cocky and traded away one of the best RBs that year, Antowain Smith, straight up for the best kicker in the league, David Akers.

His team fizzled from then on and he was cursed for four or five seasons after that. Bad karma.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.