Bad trades and big mistakes thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Bad trades and big mistakes thread

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:23 pm

My big mistake has been listening to podcasts recently. It seems people want to talk about the Scott Fish Bowl ad nauseam. Entire shows, about every pick, scoring format etc. Who cares? If you aren't in it, why would you care. Hour and a half shows completely about this thing. Then the next week, more of the same.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

phyzzyx
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby phyzzyx » Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:55 pm

Traded Carlos Hyde for Alvin Kamara after Kamara's rookie draft. I hated Kamara being #3 on the depth chart in New Orleans, and I thought Carlos Hyde was going to finally get his chance, and if he stayed healthy, ball out for the Browns. bleep the Browns.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:28 pm

pvillebiker wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:52 pm Desperate for WR's a few years ago, I had just taken Fournette at 1.02 when I was on the clock at the 1.04. So, I traded the 1.04 + 1.09 for Brandin Cooks. Cooks is great, but my trade partner drafted Mixon + Kamara with those picks. Doh!

Or the time I traded a freshly-drafted Michael Thomas + Dez for A-Rob. Ouch.
But who would you have chosen?

Cherokee
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Cherokee » Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:02 am

IZigUZag wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:28 pm
pvillebiker wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:52 pm Desperate for WR's a few years ago, I had just taken Fournette at 1.02 when I was on the clock at the 1.04. So, I traded the 1.04 + 1.09 for Brandin Cooks. Cooks is great, but my trade partner drafted Mixon + Kamara with those picks. Doh!

Or the time I traded a freshly-drafted Michael Thomas + Dez for A-Rob. Ouch.
But who would you have chosen?
You very easily could have drafted Corey Davis and Kareem Hunt
12 Team 1QB IDP Full PPR Start 8
QB- Kenny Pickett, Jake Haener, Clayton Tune
RB- Jerrick McKinnon, Elijah Mitchell, Gus Edwards, Kenneth Gainwell, TDP, Jordan Mason
WR- Rondale Moore, Drake London, Jordan Addison, Terrence Marshall , Garrett Wilson, Chris Olave, Mecole Hardman, Rashid Shaheed, David Bell
TE- Michael Mayer, Likely, Chig, Cade Otten
LB- Jewell, Deablo, Troy Anderson
DE- Phillips, Highsmith
DB- Brisker, Hufanga, Cine
Taxi Squad: Chase Brown, A.T. Perry, Keaton Mitchell, Khalan Laborn, Lew Nichols lll

RCS
Role Player
Role Player

Postby RCS » Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:41 am

Dropping James Conner for who knows probably some linebacker to fill in a couple years ago.

DinoDynasty
All Pro
All Pro

Postby DinoDynasty » Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:04 am

Drafted Diggs as my last pick in our 2015 startup (his rookie year), solely on the fact that I was a UMD alumni.

Dropped him 2 weeks in for a defense.
2017 Champ, 2018 Runner-up, 2019 Champ, 2020 Champ, 2021 Runner-up
12 Team PPR
Stairway to Evans
QB: Hurts, Kirk, Bridgewater, Jimmy G
RB: CMC, Pollard, Foreman,
Sanders, Hill
WR: Kupp, Evans, Ridley, Dell, Josh Palmer, Hodgins, Osborn, Parker, MVS
TE: Kelce, Musgrave, Otton, Gray, Woods
DEF: Chicago Ravens
2024 2nd, 3rd, 4th

12 Team .5 PPR
Fields of Dreams
QB - Fields, Cousins, Wilson
RB - Taylor, Swift, Mixon, Pollard, Singelary, McLaughlin
WR - Olave, Tyreek, Tank Dell, Higgins, Gabriel Davis, E Moore, Mingo, Douglas
TE - Ferguson, Gray, Otton
DEF - 49ers, Pats
Picks 2024 2x1st, 3, 4

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:59 pm

On the news of Kevin White being released from Arizona, I just want to say that I did not expect this kind of career, but there were those who took him over Gurley and Cooper, and even some who took him at 1.01, and I have to think they might be second guessing that at this point. In one league I traded up to 1.04 to grab him, but quickly bailed after his rookie year, when I was able to get value. Has to be one of the biggest WR busts of all time.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:53 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:59 pm On the news of Kevin White being released from Arizona, I just want to say that I did not expect this kind of career, but there were those who took him over Gurley and Cooper, and even some who took him at 1.01, and I have to think they might be second guessing that at this point. In one league I traded up to 1.04 to grab him, but quickly bailed after his rookie year, when I was able to get value. Has to be one of the biggest WR busts of all time.
It still pisses me off that Parker didn't work out either because I was saying at the time White was not as good as everyone thought he was and Parker was better. Welp, it turned out to be true I guess but not exactly something worth bragging about :oops:

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:54 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:59 pm On the news of Kevin White being released from Arizona, I just want to say that I did not expect this kind of career, but there were those who took him over Gurley and Cooper, and even some who took him at 1.01, and I have to think they might be second guessing that at this point. In one league I traded up to 1.04 to grab him, but quickly bailed after his rookie year, when I was able to get value. Has to be one of the biggest WR busts of all time.
It'd be interesting to bear after-the-fact theories about WHY he busted. Could be instructive for the future.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:03 pm

Pullo Vision wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:54 pm
It'd be interesting to bear after-the-fact theories about WHY he busted. Could be instructive for the future.
He was very raw, very limited route tree, and the routes he did run were often not good. I believe only 1 year of good college production. Combine that with his age and injuries, just a recipe for disaster.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:17 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:03 pm
He was very raw, very limited route tree, and the routes he did run were often not good. I believe only 1 year of good college production. Combine that with his age and injuries, just a recipe for disaster.
All of those things could be applied to another highly regarded WR in this years class, except White actually had a great year statistically in college.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:26 pm

bjd5211 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:17 pm
Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:03 pm
All of those things could be applied to another highly regarded WR in this years class, except White actually had a great year statistically in college.
If you're talking about N'Keal, sure people are not impressed with the route running but his age and production against better comp is lightyears ahead of White. You may be talking about Butler, which would make more sense.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:26 pm

No I'm talking about DK

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:27 pm

bjd5211 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:26 pm No I'm talking about DK
Whew I totally forgot about DK, that just shows how little interest I have in him now haha.

trc
Captain
Captain

Postby trc » Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:54 pm

His rookie season I had the 1.04, were torn between White and Parker. In the end it really didn't matter, unless Parker finally breaks through (he is still in MIA right? :D )