Bad trades and big mistakes thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Bad trades and big mistakes thread

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:29 am

This is the thread to come to and gripe, vent and blow off steam. Whether it's a stupid trade you made, or the village idiot giving away OBJ to the defending champ for a bunch of waiver wire fodder, this is the place.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Bad trades and big mistakes thread

Postby Phaded » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:32 am

:thumbup:

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:36 am

Needed RB help for title contention last year and decided Yeldon would be a good stop gap while LF was injured. Other owner wanted Ebron and I was hesitant but at the time Doyle was due back in 2 weeks and Yeldon was the RB10 in standard scoring. I submitted to team advice and everyone unanimously agreed this was a great deal (somehow made better because I had Kelce already). I end up going against my gut and trusting the masses. I got one usable start out of Yeldon and now Ebron is a top 5 dynasty TE...
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:41 am

I had Chubb ahead of Penny in my pre draft rankings last year. I moved Penny ahead of him due to "situation" and draft capital. Took Penny basically everywhere, and although I still believe he will be a good player, I lost a ton of value because of this move. I had them both ranked very highly, but had Chubb ahead of him in a vacuum. I had to give up a lot more to get Chubb in various leagues instead of drafting him, and then trading for Penny later. Beware the situation trap.

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:47 am

In a 2011 startup draft, I took Jimmy Graham in round 6 and Gronk in round 12. My WRs were weak though.

So upon the conclusion of the draft, I traded Gronk and Golden Tate for Mike Thomas (JAX WR) and lance kendricks.

Wheeewwwww glad I got that off my chest. I can move on now.......

_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Postby _yeti » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:55 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:29 am This is the thread to come to and gripe, vent and blow off steam. Whether it's a stupid trade you made, or the village idiot giving away OBJ to the defending champ for a bunch of waiver wire fodder, this is the place.
This is a good idea for a thread compared to where people put up single threads about a trade they didn't like in their league and then the OP then gets slammed by everybody
Remember where you are - this is Thunderdome.
*5 leagues (est. 2015, '17, '18, '18, '22, 6 total 'ships)

12 Team SF, PPR, TE Prem., DT prem., IDP Start 10, QB, 1SF, 2-4 RB, 2-5 WR, 1-3 TE, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 1 IDPflex
QB: J. Fields, B. Mayfield, G. Smith, M. Mariota, S. Darnold
RB: T. Etienne, T. Pollard, S. Barkley, J.Jacobs A. Jones, , A. Gibson, D. Harris, Z. Moss, E. Elliott
WR: G. Wilson, T. Higgins, T. McLaurin C. Kirk, D. Hopkins, K. Toney. K. Osborn, M. Hardman
TE: T.J. Hockenson, K. Pitts, H. Henry
DL: M. Parsons, Q. Williams, D. Buckner, R. Gary
LB: F. Oluokun, R. Smith, A. Anzalone. L. David
DB: B. Baker, J. Metellus, R. Grant

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:20 pm

_yeti wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:55 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:29 am This is the thread to come to and gripe, vent and blow off steam. Whether it's a stupid trade you made, or the village idiot giving away OBJ to the defending champ for a bunch of waiver wire fodder, this is the place.
This is a good idea for a thread compared to where people put up single threads about a trade they didn't like in their league and then the OP then gets slammed by everybody
Yeah, that's where the idea came from. Appreciate it.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:24 pm

I was not involved.

This offseason in a 10tm PPR 1QB league; the Barkley owner offered Barkley straight up for Mahomes

It was accepted.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:28 pm

Phaded wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:24 pm I was not involved.

This offseason in a 10tm PPR 1QB league; the Barkley owner offered Barkley straight up for Mahomes

It was accepted.
Ouch. Superflex sure, but wow, in a 1 QB league, with 10 teams. Yuck.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:30 pm

The even more ironic part; the Barkley owner was a perenniel contender.. The team that obtained Barkley came 2nd last.. Started a rebuild last year and has the look of a contender.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:39 pm

I remember drafting Jerry Rice in a redraft one year with my first pick and he blew out his knee on his first catch.

Damn, I feel pretty good for even remembering that far back! Thanks!!!!!! 😁
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:25 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:20 pm
_yeti wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:55 am
Yeah, that's where the idea came from. Appreciate it.
Just want to point out that the OP in that thread (a) is a very experienced poster, (b) set forth forth a very balanced trade, and (c) totally deserved the ribbing he got.

:D

GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby GridironGuerilla » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:33 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:41 am I had Chubb ahead of Penny in my pre draft rankings last year. I moved Penny ahead of him due to "situation" and draft capital. Took Penny basically everywhere, and although I still believe he will be a good player, I lost a ton of value because of this move. I had them both ranked very highly, but had Chubb ahead of him in a vacuum. I had to give up a lot more to get Chubb in various leagues instead of drafting him, and then trading for Penny later. Beware the situation trap.
Exactly this for myself as well. Plus a buddy was a HUGE Penny fan so he pushed me to change my rankings. LITERALLY decided the morning of our fist live rookie draft, after watching Matt Waldman break down tape and whatever other Penny hype I could find on Youtube, to change my rankings, and ended up with 3 shares of Penny and zero Chubb. Ugh.
"If on 4th down, the quarterback doesn't complete his pass, they will turn over the ball."

-Booger McFarlland

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:37 pm

Re: Penny & Chubb, still plenty of time for that to change.

GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby GridironGuerilla » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:48 pm

Sure, but it sure stung towards the end of last season.
"If on 4th down, the quarterback doesn't complete his pass, they will turn over the ball."

-Booger McFarlland