Bad trades and big mistakes thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FantasyFreak
Degenerate
Degenerate
Posts: 9733
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:03 am

Bad trades and big mistakes thread

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:29 am

This is the thread to come to and gripe, vent and blow off steam. Whether it's a stupid trade you made, or the village idiot giving away OBJ to the defending champ for a bunch of waiver wire fodder, this is the place.

User avatar
Phaded
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 10985
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:32 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Bad trades and big mistakes thread

Postby Phaded » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:32 am

:thumbup:
Do you want a logical debate?
You are in the wrong place.

User avatar
jcc6fd
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3838
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:26 am

Re: Bad trades and big mistakes thread

Postby jcc6fd » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:36 am

Needed RB help for title contention last year and decided Yeldon would be a good stop gap while LF was injured. Other owner wanted Ebron and I was hesitant but at the time Doyle was due back in 2 weeks and Yeldon was the RB10 in standard scoring. I submitted to team advice and everyone unanimously agreed this was a great deal (somehow made better because I had Kelce already). I end up going against my gut and trusting the masses. I got one usable start out of Yeldon and now Ebron is a top 5 dynasty TE...
10 Team Half PPR Scoring: 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1Flex DST K
QB: Mahomes, Super Cam, Darnold
RB: Gurley, Fournette, Cook, Guice, Lindsay, Yeldon, Bernard, M. Brown, J Jackson
WR: Julio, K. Allen, Cooks, TY, Edelman, Ty Williams, MVS, J. Reynolds, D. Robinson
TE: Kelce, Cook, McDonald

FantasyFreak
Degenerate
Degenerate
Posts: 9733
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:03 am

Re: Bad trades and big mistakes thread

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:41 am

I had Chubb ahead of Penny in my pre draft rankings last year. I moved Penny ahead of him due to "situation" and draft capital. Took Penny basically everywhere, and although I still believe he will be a good player, I lost a ton of value because of this move. I had them both ranked very highly, but had Chubb ahead of him in a vacuum. I had to give up a lot more to get Chubb in various leagues instead of drafting him, and then trading for Penny later. Beware the situation trap.

jordanzs
MVP
MVP
Posts: 2982
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:11 pm
Location: Honolulu, HI

Re: Bad trades and big mistakes thread

Postby jordanzs » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:47 am

In a 2011 startup draft, I took Jimmy Graham in round 6 and Gronk in round 12. My WRs were weak though.

So upon the conclusion of the draft, I traded Gronk and Golden Tate for Mike Thomas (JAX WR) and lance kendricks.

Wheeewwwww glad I got that off my chest. I can move on now.......

User avatar
_yeti
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1416
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:21 am

Re: Bad trades and big mistakes thread

Postby _yeti » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:55 am

FantasyFreak wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:29 am
This is the thread to come to and gripe, vent and blow off steam. Whether it's a stupid trade you made, or the village idiot giving away OBJ to the defending champ for a bunch of waiver wire fodder, this is the place.
This is a good idea for a thread compared to where people put up single threads about a trade they didn't like in their league and then the OP then gets slammed by everybody
Remember where you are - this is Thunderdome.
*4 leagues (Sig est. '15,
others '17, '18, '18, 2 total Championships)

12 Team 1/2 PPR - TE Prem., IDP *2018 Champion* 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 1 IDPflex
QB: R. Wilson, M. Mariota, N. Foles, T. Taylor
RB: E. Elliot, M. Mack, C. Carson, J. McKinnon, D. Foreman, T. Yeldon, D. Williams
WR: AB, M. Evans, A. Cooper, C. Davis, D. Pettis, D. Jackson, J. Ross, Q. Enunwa, K. Cole
TE: E. Ebron, D. Njoku, N. Fant, ASJ, I. Thomas
DL: A. Donald, D. Hunter, D. Buckner, N. Bosa, C. Jones
LB: B. Wagner, CJ Mosley, A. Ogletree, M. Barron
DB: L. Collins, R. Jones T. Mathieu
'20 Picks: 1st, 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 3rd

FantasyFreak
Degenerate
Degenerate
Posts: 9733
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:03 am

Re: Bad trades and big mistakes thread

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:20 pm

_yeti wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:55 am
FantasyFreak wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:29 am
This is the thread to come to and gripe, vent and blow off steam. Whether it's a stupid trade you made, or the village idiot giving away OBJ to the defending champ for a bunch of waiver wire fodder, this is the place.
This is a good idea for a thread compared to where people put up single threads about a trade they didn't like in their league and then the OP then gets slammed by everybody
Yeah, that's where the idea came from. Appreciate it.

User avatar
Phaded
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 10985
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:32 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Bad trades and big mistakes thread

Postby Phaded » Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:24 pm

I was not involved.

This offseason in a 10tm PPR 1QB league; the Barkley owner offered Barkley straight up for Mahomes

It was accepted.
Do you want a logical debate?
You are in the wrong place.

FantasyFreak
Degenerate
Degenerate
Posts: 9733
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:03 am

Re: Bad trades and big mistakes thread

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:28 pm

Phaded wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:24 pm
I was not involved.

This offseason in a 10tm PPR 1QB league; the Barkley owner offered Barkley straight up for Mahomes

It was accepted.
Ouch. Superflex sure, but wow, in a 1 QB league, with 10 teams. Yuck.

User avatar
Phaded
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 10985
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:32 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Bad trades and big mistakes thread

Postby Phaded » Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:30 pm

The even more ironic part; the Barkley owner was a perenniel contender.. The team that obtained Barkley came 2nd last.. Started a rebuild last year and has the look of a contender.
Do you want a logical debate?
You are in the wrong place.

Ice
All Pro
All Pro
Posts: 1650
Joined: Tue May 22, 2018 6:17 pm

Re: Bad trades and big mistakes thread

Postby Ice » Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:39 pm

I remember drafting Jerry Rice in a redraft one year with my first pick and he blew out his knee on his first catch.

Damn, I feel pretty good for even remembering that far back! Thanks!!!!!! 😁

User avatar
Cult of Dionysus
Player of the Year
Player of the Year
Posts: 2346
Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:02 am

Re: Bad trades and big mistakes thread

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:25 pm

FantasyFreak wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:20 pm
_yeti wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:55 am
FantasyFreak wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:29 am
This is the thread to come to and gripe, vent and blow off steam. Whether it's a stupid trade you made, or the village idiot giving away OBJ to the defending champ for a bunch of waiver wire fodder, this is the place.
This is a good idea for a thread compared to where people put up single threads about a trade they didn't like in their league and then the OP then gets slammed by everybody
Yeah, that's where the idea came from. Appreciate it.
Just want to point out that the OP in that thread (a) is a very experienced poster, (b) set forth forth a very balanced trade, and (c) totally deserved the ribbing he got.

:D

User avatar
GridironGuerilla
MVP
MVP
Posts: 2748
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2016 2:43 pm
Location: Nor-Cal

Re: Bad trades and big mistakes thread

Postby GridironGuerilla » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:33 pm

FantasyFreak wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:41 am
I had Chubb ahead of Penny in my pre draft rankings last year. I moved Penny ahead of him due to "situation" and draft capital. Took Penny basically everywhere, and although I still believe he will be a good player, I lost a ton of value because of this move. I had them both ranked very highly, but had Chubb ahead of him in a vacuum. I had to give up a lot more to get Chubb in various leagues instead of drafting him, and then trading for Penny later. Beware the situation trap.
Exactly this for myself as well. Plus a buddy was a HUGE Penny fan so he pushed me to change my rankings. LITERALLY decided the morning of our fist live rookie draft, after watching Matt Waldman break down tape and whatever other Penny hype I could find on Youtube, to change my rankings, and ended up with 3 shares of Penny and zero Chubb. Ugh.
Bo Knows Dynasty (12 Team IDP/Roster-30/8 IR/8 Taxi)1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 2 LB, 2 DL, 2 DB
Requiem For a Team

Dragon Eggs Devy (14 Team IDP/Roster-53/10 IR/8 Taxi)1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 4 Flex QB/RB/WR/TE, 2 LB, 1 DT, 2 DE, 1 CB, 2 DB, 2 Flex
The Night's Watch

Marvel VS. DC (14 Team IDP/Roster-53/10 IR)1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex QB/RB/WR/TE, 1 DT, 2 DE, 3 LB, 2 S, 1 CB, 1 Flex
The Hulk

A Star Wars Dynatsty (14 Team IDP/PPR/Roster-30/8 IR)1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex RB/WR/TE, 2 DE, 2 LB, 2 S
The Dark Side

Yahoo! Fantasy Profile

User avatar
Phaded
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 10985
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:32 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Bad trades and big mistakes thread

Postby Phaded » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:37 pm

Re: Penny & Chubb, still plenty of time for that to change.
Do you want a logical debate?
You are in the wrong place.

User avatar
GridironGuerilla
MVP
MVP
Posts: 2748
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2016 2:43 pm
Location: Nor-Cal

Re: Bad trades and big mistakes thread

Postby GridironGuerilla » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:48 pm

Sure, but it sure stung towards the end of last season.
Bo Knows Dynasty (12 Team IDP/Roster-30/8 IR/8 Taxi)1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 2 LB, 2 DL, 2 DB
Requiem For a Team

Dragon Eggs Devy (14 Team IDP/Roster-53/10 IR/8 Taxi)1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 4 Flex QB/RB/WR/TE, 2 LB, 1 DT, 2 DE, 1 CB, 2 DB, 2 Flex
The Night's Watch

Marvel VS. DC (14 Team IDP/Roster-53/10 IR)1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex QB/RB/WR/TE, 1 DT, 2 DE, 3 LB, 2 S, 1 CB, 1 Flex
The Hulk

A Star Wars Dynatsty (14 Team IDP/PPR/Roster-30/8 IR)1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex RB/WR/TE, 2 DE, 2 LB, 2 S
The Dark Side

Yahoo! Fantasy Profile


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 4tdsIn1game4PolkHigh, FiremanEd, PPE82, PTW32, snaps06 and 11 guests