Starter
Starter

Re: Chubb value

Postby The Godwin Complex » Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:20 am

hoos89 wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:08 am
Ice wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:48 pm
Chubb is very good. The reality is he my be just slightly more valuable than Hunt in Fantasy. This means Chubb's fantasy value is right around the 10-13th best RB fantasy wise.

I get if he was on a different team a different case could be made but the reality is the following 9 RB's should go ahead of him easily

CMC
Barkley
Zeke
Henry
CEH
Jacobs
Kamara
Cook
Sanders

Mixon
Chubb is in the tier with Mixon, Drake, Jones, Eckler, & Hunt.

I have said more than once it would not surprise me at all if Hunt outscores him this season in ppr leagues.
You forgot Taylor
I would not put Taylor above Chubb. I keep echoing this....people severely undervalue consistency at RB in the light of “upside”. Why does a RB who is going to get you 1100+ Rush yards and 8-10 TDs need upside?
2020 BOLD PREDICTIONS
James Robinson’s 2020 production in PPR will be comparable to or better than
Antonio Gibson, DeAndre Swift, and Cam Akers.
Are You Willing To Put Up or Shut Up?
Make Your Bold Prediction Here

12 TEAM SUPERFLEX PPR
START: QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 TE, 3 FLEX, 1 SUPERFLEX
ROSTER STARTERS
QB: B. Roethlisberger (PIT)
RB: N. Chubb (CLE), L. Fournette (TB)
WR: C. Godwin (TB), C. Sutton (DEN), J. Smith-Schuster (PIT),
TE: B. Jarwin (DAL), M. Alie-Cox (IND)
FLEX: J. Landry (CLE), D. Harris (NE), R. Cobb (HOU)
SUPERFLEX: Sam Darnold (NYJ)

BENCH:
QB: G. Minshew (JAX), J. Luton (Jax), M. Rudolph (PIT)
RB: R. Penny (SEA), S. Michel (NE), D. Dallas (SEA), K. Vaughn (TB), JJ Taylor (NE), J. Howard (MIA), J. Wilkins (IND), C. Patterson (CHI)
WR: T. Fulgham (PHI), G. Olszewski (NE), W. Snead (BAL), A. Tate (CIN), L. Fitzgerald (AZ),
TE: D. Asiasi (NE), D. Njoku (CLE), D. Keene (NE)

The Godwin Complex
Starter
Starter

Postby The Godwin Complex » Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:28 am

Bronco Billy wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:15 am
Mjvb5 wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:15 pm
chubb averaged 5.6 YPC on 22 runs. Thats just stupid. Baker still wasnt great at all, he was good but chubbs performance was much better.
So what does that say about Hunt’s 6.78 ypa on the season so far? Which RB of the two should be getting the lion’s share of the work?

It is clear that Chubb is the starter, Hunt is the finisher....there is room for both of their touches in Cleveland IMO. Chubb will get the lion share of carries, and Hunt will nearly make up the difference in targets/receptions. They will both get 200+ touches. Hunt will be more explosive since his touches will mix in more catches.

I’m thinking Chubb 250 carries - 25+ catches
Hunt 150 carries - 50+ catches
2020 BOLD PREDICTIONS
James Robinson’s 2020 production in PPR will be comparable to or better than
Antonio Gibson, DeAndre Swift, and Cam Akers.
Are You Willing To Put Up or Shut Up?
Make Your Bold Prediction Here

12 TEAM SUPERFLEX PPR
START: QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 TE, 3 FLEX, 1 SUPERFLEX
ROSTER STARTERS
QB: B. Roethlisberger (PIT)
RB: N. Chubb (CLE), L. Fournette (TB)
WR: C. Godwin (TB), C. Sutton (DEN), J. Smith-Schuster (PIT),
TE: B. Jarwin (DAL), M. Alie-Cox (IND)
FLEX: J. Landry (CLE), D. Harris (NE), R. Cobb (HOU)
SUPERFLEX: Sam Darnold (NYJ)

BENCH:
QB: G. Minshew (JAX), J. Luton (Jax), M. Rudolph (PIT)
RB: R. Penny (SEA), S. Michel (NE), D. Dallas (SEA), K. Vaughn (TB), JJ Taylor (NE), J. Howard (MIA), J. Wilkins (IND), C. Patterson (CHI)
WR: T. Fulgham (PHI), G. Olszewski (NE), W. Snead (BAL), A. Tate (CIN), L. Fitzgerald (AZ),
TE: D. Asiasi (NE), D. Njoku (CLE), D. Keene (NE)

Bronco Billy
Starter
Starter

Postby Bronco Billy » Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:37 am

The Godwin Complex wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:28 am
Bronco Billy wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:15 am
Mjvb5 wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:15 pm
chubb averaged 5.6 YPC on 22 runs. Thats just stupid. Baker still wasnt great at all, he was good but chubbs performance was much better.
So what does that say about Hunt’s 6.78 ypa on the season so far? Which RB of the two should be getting the lion’s share of the work?

It is clear that Chubb is the starter, Hunt is the finisher....there is room for both of their touches in Cleveland IMO. Chubb will get the lion share of carries, and Hunt will nearly make up the difference in targets/receptions. They will both get 200+ touches. Hunt will be more explosive since his touches will mix in more catches.

I’m thinking Chubb 250 carries - 30ish catches
Hunt 150 carries - 50+ catches
Still early, but right now their 16 game pace is:

Chubb 250 carries 20 catches
Hunt 180 carries 50 catches

That seems reasonable. Chubb still gets more touches
but Hunt gets his share. Certainly benefits the team as they are using the run to set up the pass, and both backs have a better chance of staying healthy and fresh. Both guys can go 1200+ total yds and double digit TDs.

dynastyninja
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:39 am

I've made my stance on Chubb known. If Hunt weren't stealing touches he'd be my RB3 or 4 behind Saquon/CMC and maybe Zeke.

Hunt's there, though, so I'd put him behind Saquon/CMC/Zeke/Jacobs/CEH with Kamara and Cook, so RB6-8.

Mjvb5
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Mjvb5 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:50 am

dynastyninja wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:39 am
I've made my stance on Chubb known. If Hunt weren't stealing touches he'd be my RB3 or 4 behind Saquon/CMC and maybe Zeke.

Hunt's there, though, so I'd put him behind Saquon/CMC/Zeke/Jacobs/CEH with Kamara and Cook, so RB6-8.
This I really agree with this.

Ice
MVP
MVP

Postby Ice » Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:40 am

dynastyninja wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:39 am

You could be right given his obvious talent. My concern is he was 12th in points per game average in PPr leagues last season. He won't be facing Cincy every week.

I traded him away in a big package that netted me the 1.1 which was CEH and no regrets. I would not have moved him if Hunt wasn't around so IMO Hunt really impacts his fantasy value.
OCR is a Fantasy Football Troll with Instant Memory no Recall

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:03 am

Yeah unless Chubb starts catching a LOT more passes or scoring a LOT more TDs I just don't see where the points are going to come from to put him in the RB6-8 range. Hunt only further caps both of those things happening.

He finished 2nd in the NFL in rushing last year and was still only RB12 in PPG. And that was with half a season without Hunt. There's not much room to go up in rushing yards, and the TDs/receptions both seem capped. So where do all of those extra points come from?

Seems like a pretty classic example of better NFL player than fantasy player once we consider the situation. Thursday night was great but they only get to play Cincy one more time so I foresee a lot of 14-68, 1-7, 0 TD type games on the radar.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Murray, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, A Jones, Coleman, Ballage
WR: Hopkins, Hill, Evans, J Jefferson, Fulgham, Preston
TE: Goedert

Kmani6
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kmani6 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:53 pm

Vcize wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:03 am
Yeah unless Chubb starts catching a LOT more passes or scoring a LOT more TDs I just don't see where the points are going to come from to put him in the RB6-8 range. Hunt only further caps both of those things happening.

He finished 2nd in the NFL in rushing last year and was still only RB12 in PPG. And that was with half a season without Hunt. There's not much room to go up in rushing yards, and the TDs/receptions both seem capped. So where do all of those extra points come from?

Seems like a pretty classic example of better NFL player than fantasy player once we consider the situation. Thursday night was great but they only get to play Cincy one more time so I foresee a lot of 14-68, 1-7, 0 TD type games on the radar.
You're right in that Chubb might not actually finish in the RB 6-8 range, but that doesn't mean he's not in that range for dynasty rankings. TBH, he falls right in the 8th spot in my own personal rankings, and there is really no other consensus guy to take that spot, although others may favor JT/Mixon/or Sanders. Personally, I'd have to see Mixon/Sanders take the next step, and JT actually perform this year before ranking them higher than Chubb, who is legitimately the best pure runner in the entire league.
Dynasty Team 1:

10 Man, Full PPR, .2 PPC, Double Flex

QB: Kyler Murray
RB: Saquon Barkley , Dalvin Cook, Sanders, Dobbins, Gibson, CEH
WR: Devante Adams, Tyreek Hill, Mclaurin, D. Johnson
TE: Travis Kelce, Dallas Goedert

2020 Picks: 1.05, 1.06
2021 Picks: 1, 2, and 3

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:27 pm

Vcize wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:03 am

I'm wondering where the screens are. Dalvin had quite a few on first or 2nd down last year, and they were well designed, and often created chunk plays. If he can get 2-3 catches a game, and one of those, he'll be much better off. He's a few targets a game away. It's a new scheme for everybody, but I haven't seen those plays yet, through 2 games, and am hoping they get introduced....and soon.

remedy29
Starter
Starter

Postby remedy29 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:51 am

mild wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:35 pm
remedy29 wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:21 pm
Steelers are good and their defense is legit, but they won't steamroll Cleveland like Baltimore did. In fact, I'd put a small bet that Cleveland wins one of those games.
You will most assuredly lose that bet. That Steelers defense might be even scarier than the Ravens and just held Saquon Barkley to negative rushing yardage. Whether you think the Giants are the same, worse, or better from an O-line/RB/QB perspective, they are at the least roughly equivalent. Expect tough sledding.

I want to believe that all is well in Chubb land, but I'm smarter than that. I will predict that we will be back to DEFCON Chubb pretty soon in this thread, and perhaps as soon as post-Week 3. This WFT front 7 is for real (and if you don't believe me, you might want to go watch the condensed game).

I'm not arguing that them running their O through their RB's isn't a good thing. I'm saying the Browns themselves are not a good thing.
Easy money :)
Prescott, Tua
Chubb, Carson, D. Harris, Lindsay
C Lamb, C. Kupp, Chase Claypool, Robby Anderson, Ruggs, P. Campbell, Preston Wilson
Kittle, Ebron, Harrison Bryant, Trautman

AussieMate
All Pro
All Pro

Postby AussieMate » Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:52 pm

remedy29 wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:51 am
mild wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:35 pm
remedy29 wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:21 pm
Steelers are good and their defense is legit, but they won't steamroll Cleveland like Baltimore did. In fact, I'd put a small bet that Cleveland wins one of those games.
You will most assuredly lose that bet. That Steelers defense might be even scarier than the Ravens and just held Saquon Barkley to negative rushing yardage. Whether you think the Giants are the same, worse, or better from an O-line/RB/QB perspective, they are at the least roughly equivalent. Expect tough sledding.

I want to believe that all is well in Chubb land, but I'm smarter than that. I will predict that we will be back to DEFCON Chubb pretty soon in this thread, and perhaps as soon as post-Week 3. This WFT front 7 is for real (and if you don't believe me, you might want to go watch the condensed game).

I'm not arguing that them running their O through their RB's isn't a good thing. I'm saying the Browns themselves are not a good thing.
:lol:

gogobradyarm
Captain
Captain

Postby gogobradyarm » Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:50 pm

He looked so damn good this season. I believe he is going to have his best season in 2021, another year in Stefanski's system and with a good offensive line. I'm pumped.
12 Team - PPR - 35man (2 IR) - 6pt PPTD- 1 QB - 2 RB - 2 WR - 1 Flex - 1 TE

QB: Lamar, Herbert, Wentz, Danny Dimes, Mariota
RB: Kamara, Cook, Zeke, Chubb, Mattison
WR: Adams, Hopkins, Jefferson, Gallup, Reagor, Marquise Brown, Miles Boykin, Dante Pettis, Scotty Miller, Tim Patrick, Quez Watkins
TE: Henry, Engram, Goedert, Ertz, Parham, Ian Thomas, Josh Oliver

2021: 1.07, 1.08, 2.04, 2.10, 3.11
2022: 4x 1sts, 2x 2nds, 3rd

Shankopotamus
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Shankopotamus » Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:04 pm

Top 6 talent for me. I really wish something, anything really, would happen to make Hunt go away.
12 Team Super-Flex Dynasty (2019 Runner-Up)
1 QB, 3 RB, 4 WR, Flex, SF, 2 TE, IDP

QB- Jared Goff, Justin Herbert, Baker Mayfield, Sam Darnold, Andy Dalton
RB- Aaron Jones, Nick Chubb, Phillip Lindsey, James White, Cam Akers, Kerryon Johnson, Gus Edwards, A.J. Dillon, Jamychal Hasty, Salvon Ahmed
WR- Mike Evans, DJ Moore, Allen Robinson, Robert Woods, DK Metcalf, Hollywood Brown, Marvin Jones, Dante Pettis
TE-Mark Andrews, Noah Fant, Hayden Hurst, Jace Sternberger
DL-Chris Jones, Deforest Buckner, Jonathon Allen, Akeim Hicks, Montez Sweat
LB Zach Cunningham, Jayon Brown, Rashaan Evans, Devin White, Devin Bush, T.J. Edwards
DB-John Johnson, Bradley McDougald, Chuck Clark, Taylor Rapp, Josh Jones, Jeremy Chinn, Ronnie Harrison
K-Younghoe Koo

mild
All Pro
All Pro

Postby mild » Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:48 pm

remedy29 wrote:
Lol, fair enough! Can't say I was posting that with the post-season in mind in Week 2 in September, but yeah, live your truth...

The Steelers absolutely destroyed the Browns 38-7 and held Kareem Hunt to 40 yards rushing in the game after I posted that. Just, y'know... so we can cash the right cheques here...

remedy29
Starter
Starter

Postby remedy29 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:02 pm

mild wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:48 pm
remedy29 wrote:
Lol, fair enough! Can't say I was posting that with the post-season in mind in Week 2 in September, but yeah, live your truth...

The Steelers absolutely destroyed the Browns 38-7 and held Kareem Hunt to 40 yards rushing in the game after I posted that. Just, y'know... so we can cash the right cheques here...
At the time, the discussion/thought was that the Browns were terrible, Baker was a bust, Chubb was in a terrible situation and fantasy owners should move on bc there is no way he can succeed there with how bad the Browns were and the presence of Hunt.

Since then, the Browns have been one of the best teams in the league, Baker is not a bust (he just needed to move on from Odell) and Chubb, despite his injury, showed he is in a good situation, on a run first team despite Hunt.

My point, was that the Browns were not going to get steamed rolled over often, and their run first team philosophy was an excellent situation for Chubb...I really don't understand how anyone argued otherwise.

The Browns are a lot closer in talent to the Chiefs than people realize.
Prescott, Tua
Chubb, Carson, D. Harris, Lindsay
C Lamb, C. Kupp, Chase Claypool, Robby Anderson, Ruggs, P. Campbell, Preston Wilson
Kittle, Ebron, Harrison Bryant, Trautman