Nick Chubb Thread: Chubb = Stud

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
jetsfan5757
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Chubb value

Postby jetsfan5757 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:40 am

hoos89 wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:05 pm Eh...2 late 2020 1sts and 2 late 2021 1sts actually isn't all that great of a value for Chubb. That's not really four 1sts of value (even if it is four 1sts in the literal sense)...although I suppose "late" 2021 1sts have the benefit of being so far out that they have a decent chance of being mid or early. Still, I'd only take that for Chubb if I was in a deep rebuild.
I could not agree more. As a Chubb owner, I'm not taking that package. When it comes to studs, four 5's don't equal a 20...
Dynasty League (25 man rosters + 2 IR, non-PPR scoring. QB/3RB/3WR/2TE/K/DB/LB/DL no flex)

QB (1): Herbert, Lawrence, Darnold
RB (3): N. Chubb, D. Henry, J. Taylor, JK Dobbins, Pollard, Singletary, L. Murray
WR (3): D. Hopkins, D. Adams, M. Evans, D.J. Moore, DJ Chark, B. Aiyuk, J. Smith-Schuster, R Bateman, E. Moore
TE (2): I. Smith Jr, H. Henry, Schultz, Tremble

K (1): M. Crosby

DB (1): J. Adams
LB (1): F. Warner
DL (1): D. Lawrence

PS: I often don't revisit a thread after posting. Send me a message if you ever want further thoughts on a comment I made.

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:19 am

I find it incredibly unlikely the Browns sign Hunt for what he ultimately will command next year. The winning formula in the NFL is rarely to put all your money at RB. This was just a smart move to get the compensatory 3rd rounder when Hunt recieve that offer elsewhere. He's also an incredibly cheap insurance policy for a team wanting to make a playoff run this year.

Hunt is too good not to play this year, so i fully expect a chance to buy Chubb at a discount when Hunt starts taking carries at the end of the year.
12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Burrow
RB |
WR | Puka, Olave, Smith, Flowers, Dotson, Addison
TE | Pitts, Otton, Bellinger, Likely, Okonkwo
2024 | 1.01, 1.02, 4.01, 5.01
| 1stx3, 3rdx3

10 Team | SF | PPR | 2023 Champ
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Allen, Stroud, Young
RB | K Williams, White, Monty, Herbert, Chandler
WR | Lamb, AJB, Puka, Waddle, Mooney, J. Williams, Watson, Davis
TE | Andrews, Bellinger, Dulcich
2024 | 1.04, 3.10

12 Team | SF | PPR | 1.5TEP | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, FL, SF

QB | Herbert Lance
RB | ETN, Pacheco, K Williams, Singletary, Henry, A Jones, Warren
WR | ARSB, Wilson, Olave, DK, Puka, Flowers, Downs,
TE | Hockenson, Likely, Otton

captain howdy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby captain howdy » Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:44 am

For reference

in a ppr best ball I was offered

Gurley, Landry, and Manny Sanders
for
Chubb, Brandin Cooks, and Austin Ekeler

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:05 am

IZigUZag wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:25 pm
BigBawseRoss wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:05 am anyone with the opinion that hunt isnt a serious threat to his touches is clearly a chubb owner and also living in lala land lol. hunt wont threaten chubbs workload for the first 8 weeks after that id say the one time NFL rushing leader might see the field some.
Is Hunt elite because he's a one time rushing leader? How do you feel about Jordan Howard?

Chubb came into the league with a much much better profile than Hunt did. There's a pretty sound case to be made that Hunt is simply a good RB who was in one of the best situations in football and ran with it. The fact that Damien Williams actually exceeded Hunt in efficiency per touch, and Reid's success with less than talented RBs (Spencer Ware) adds to this narrative.

You can quote me on this: "Nick Chubb is the starting RB for the CLE Browns". Kareem will play a complimentary role, and will probably be somewhere else next season.
is Hunt elite? well i didnt mention it and dont care about his eliteness so ill go with yes hes uber elite and it is because he once had more rushing yards than any other NFL player during a given season.

How do i feel about Jordan howard? i feel hes a 5th round draft pick who is a good not great running back that offers nothing in the passing game and who has never led the NFL in rushing yards or been a top 8 fantasy RB despite missing 5 games.

Williams was a little better on a per carry basis but the receptions for him vs hunt were night and day, propel DW all you want but i wont lower hunt because DW had a hot stretch. i watched hunt ball out for 1.5+ seasons. this forum loves andy reid he is a good not great coach who has had some nice rbs and gotten some quality production from DW and spencer ware and i applaud him for that.

i too agree that the early 2nd round pick who is not suspended for 8 games and is not on a 1 year deal is the starting running back for cleveland and im not sure that was ever debated here. what is being debated is whether or not Hunt is a threat to Chubbs touches in weeks 9 and beyond and the answer is yes... even if you or anyone else doesnt wanna believe that for some reason.
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:03 pm

BigBawseRoss wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:05 am
is Hunt elite? well i didnt mention it and dont care about his eliteness so ill go with yes hes uber elite and it is because he once had more rushing yards than any other NFL player during a given season.

How do i feel about Jordan howard? i feel hes a 5th round draft pick who is a good not great running back that offers nothing in the passing game and who has never led the NFL in rushing yards or been a top 8 fantasy RB despite missing 5 games.

Williams was a little better on a per carry basis but the receptions for him vs hunt were night and day, propel DW all you want but i wont lower hunt because DW had a hot stretch. i watched hunt ball out for 1.5+ seasons. this forum loves andy reid he is a good not great coach who has had some nice rbs and gotten some quality production from DW and spencer ware and i applaud him for that.

i too agree that the early 2nd round pick who is not suspended for 8 games and is not on a 1 year deal is the starting running back for cleveland and im not sure that was ever debated here. what is being debated is whether or not Hunt is a threat to Chubbs touches in weeks 9 and beyond and the answer is yes... even if you or anyone else doesnt wanna believe that for some reason.
Howard is 2nd in rushing yards through 3 seasons (behind Ezekiel elliot). He is a good but not great running back, even disregarding receiving. Production != talent. Talent + Situation + Variance = production. 1.5 seasons is not a large sample size.

Agree to disagree on how talented Hunt is; we'll have our answer soon enough.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:15 pm

Arguing the sample size of guys like Howard & Hunt to prove how good Chubb is.. Who has an even smaller sample size.

Only on the DLF boards!

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:19 pm

Phaded wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:15 pm Arguing the sample size of guys like Howard & Hunt to prove how good Chubb is.. Who has an even smaller sample size.

Only on the DLF boards!
Chubb's sample size stretches back to college.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:21 pm

Right - I forgot Kareem Hunt & Jordan Howard did not play in college..

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:28 pm

Phaded wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:21 pm Right - I forgot Kareem Hunt & Jordan Howard did not play in college..
lol.. I'd appreciate it if you could use your critical thinking skills instead of just assuming I'm an idiot at every turn.

Chubb had 1547 yards, averaging 7.1 ypc as a true freshman against the highest level of competition in college football.

Jordan Howard didn't break out till his Sophomore year and played at UAB for 2 years before transferring to Indiana for one year. Kareem Hunt played at Toledo.

Chubb's profile coming into the NFL had stud written all over it, and he tested like a monster at the combine. There were a lot more question marks with Howard and Hunt.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:30 pm

And college production always correlates directly to the NFL.

Darrell Henderson for MVP.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:34 pm

Phaded wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:30 pm And college production always correlates directly to the NFL.

Darrell Henderson for MVP.
My request was denied, peace.

juke05
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby juke05 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:37 pm

this thread is about chubb's VALUE, not whos better or whatever. Value is simply what the market dictates, and right now, Chubb's market value is a top ten dynasty RB. Whether or not Hunt eats into his carries is irrelevant for this thread - Chubb's value is what it is

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:49 am

juke05 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:37 pm this thread is about chubb's VALUE, not whos better or whatever. Value is simply what the market dictates, and right now, Chubb's market value is a top ten dynasty RB. Whether or not Hunt eats into his carries is irrelevant for this thread - Chubb's value is what it is
I agree but I disagree.

I agree that the prospect of Hunt eating into Chubbs volume should not have a real adverse effect on Chubbs long-term value, nor his market value from league to league. However what should be and what is, are two different animals. As I am sure you know, too many owners tend to base their dynasty values off of a re-draft (aka 1 year) projection / production mindset. Which, especially when focusing on those players who may only have 2-3 years of relevance, I cannot really blame them*.

As such, if enough of those owners feel that Hunt will take enough of a share from Game 10 going forward - which in itself is a critical juncture in fantasy football being the playoff drive & playoffs - then that is going to drive perception downward in regards to Chubbs value which in turn will affect overall the consensus value. Also, while not trying to make every thread about Gurley/Henderson :lol: - the Gurley discussion will dominate this off-season and that alone will keep in owners in owners minds the idea of well "what if Chubb gets hurt" who is going to step in and assume that role - and of course no need to mention Hunts past track record. :ewink: especially since Chubb, like Gurley previously, had a well-documented major injury in College.

So basically, imo, while long-term his value should remain pretty much the same, in the short-term it is to be expected that there will be some ups & downs, and when it comes to league market value, if the Chubb owner is the type that focus on today to the deteriment of tomorrow ... However that has always been one of the key challenges of dynasty - is knowing when to profit off of discrepancy where you feel a player is/should be worth, and where the average has him listed.

* - not referring to Nick Chubb, but rather the average player whose career may last 4 years or less
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

juke05
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby juke05 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:00 am

Right, but Chubb's value already has Hunt built into it. It's not like Hunt on the roster is some insider information on a stock that no one else knows about. Chubb right now is like a bank's stock after a merger information is announced, the price is going to be a little volatile depending on which wall street analyst you ask. Everyone knows that Hunt is there and will take carries away from Chubb, so yeah his value is capped a little bit, but he's still a top ten RB right now, in my and seems like most others opinions.

juke05
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby juke05 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:03 am

As to the question of would I trade four firsts and a second for him: Hell no. Would I sell for four firsts and a second: if I'm rebuilding, yeah but if I'm not rebuilding, probably not esp. if they are late firsts