3%

Total votes: 127

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Re: San Fran receivers

Postby MEuRaH » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:18 pm

Huge Niner fan here.

He's gonna spread the ball around. Kittle #1, and the #2 will differ week to week.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:12 pm

dlf_mikeh wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:18 pm Huge Niner fan here.

He's gonna spread the ball around. Kittle #1, and the #2 will differ week to week.
Literally what I was going to say.
Minus the niner fan part.

At their price, not sure I would buy any of them - may throw a dart at a cheaper one like Goodwin.

jman3134
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jman3134 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:19 pm

killer_of_giants wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:44 am
jman3134 wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:09 pm Goodwin. Big time deep threat who will open up opportunities for Kittle and Taylor.
you're one year late! :)
Applied last year too. Taylor is in the lead for the slot from what I have read.
12 team, 35 man rosters, 1/2 PPR, 10 round rookie/FA draft
Qb: Geno Smith, Matthew Stafford, Trey Lance
Rb: Jonathan Taylor, Joe Mixon, Austin Ekeler, Saquon Barkley, Cam Akers, Isiah Pacheco, Jeff Wilson, Chase Edmonds, Pierre Strong, Jordan Mason, Jaleel McLaughlin
Wr: DeAndre Hopkins, Mike Evans, Diontae Johnson, Darnell Mooney, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Jakobi Meyers, Laviska Shenault, Donovan Peoples-Jones, Denzel Mims, Richie James, Michael Wilson, Demario Douglas, Trent Sherfield
Te: George Kittle, Darren Waller, Taysom Hill, Isaiah Likely
K:
D: Dallas D

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:54 pm

https://ninerswire.usatoday.com/2019/06 ... te-pettis/
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... te-pettis/
https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers ... s-minicamp
https://twitter.com/champofantasy/statu ... 1241030656

It's gonna be Pettis, folks.

Shanahan will decide the target share, and he has a well established history of feeding his #1 wide-receiver. Andre Johnson, Pierre Garcon, Julio Jones all posted the highest single season receptions total of their careers with Shanahan calling the plays. That's three different teams, too.

There's a reason Shanahan traded up for Pettis last year, spent two more Day 2 picks on WRs this year, and courted the Giants for Beckham -- he wants a star wide-receiver; all his best offenses to date have had one. His playbook needs one.

And before you say Kittle is the #1 wide-receiver: no, he's a tight-end, whom however great, still has his hand in the dirt in-line on too many of his snaps to play that Johnson/Garcon/Jones possession role. Kittle's a true combo-TE and will continue to be used as such.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:06 am

Deebo is being groomed for slot duties, so he’ll be competing with Taylor & Matthews. Pettis seems like the favorite for the lead receiver role ahead of Goodwin. Not sure who’ll be playing the other side. Shanahan generally likes to have a bigger guy that can run block. I guess Bourne is that guy right now and maybe that’s what they envision for Hurd.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:24 am

ninotoreS wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:54 pmAnd before you say Kittle is the #1 wide-receiver: no, he's a tight-end, whom however great, still has his hand in the dirt in-line on too many of his snaps to play that Johnson/Garcon/Jones possession role. Kittle's a true combo-TE and will continue to be used as such.
You have your theory and I have mine. A good coach adjusts to what he has available to him. Garoppolo is an amazing in the short game. I believe these WRs were drafted to compliment Garoppolo's play style.

Kittle is going to remain the #1 pass-catcher for the next 3-5 years, like how Gronk was in NE and Kelce was in KC.

Once you have one stud in the offense, you don't need to struggle to create another. The rest simply supplement the offense. You disagree and that's fine. If you feel that way, which WR do you see emerging from the group to take over as the number 1 pass-catcher in the offense?

I could see someone doing it eventually, but for the next 3-5 years, gimme Kittle.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

Lord_Varys
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Lord_Varys » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:01 am

Pettis. Route-running fiend. He has the X-role and that's always money in Shanahan's system. Remarkably productive for a rookie receiver with a third-string QB.

Sure, Kittle's probably going to have the biggest fantasy impact, but he's going in round 3 right now, vs Pettis in round 8. Kittle is a fantastic player, of course, but I think his volume was inflated last year as Mullens locked onto him. Garrapolo is more prone to keep his eyes down field (often to his detriment).

Then Deebo, who's a rookie slot WR competing with Kittle in the middle of the field, is only 2 rounds behind Pettis.

Goodwin's an afterthought at this point.

Give me Pettis all day long at the price tags. Wouldn't surprise me at all if he eclipsed 100 receptions.

Yes, Shanahan will "spread it around". Just like he always "spreads around" his RB touches. But the top-dog in Shanahan's committees is still fantasy gold every year, excepting for injuries.

captain howdy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby captain howdy » Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:23 am

ninotoreS wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:54 pm https://ninerswire.usatoday.com/2019/06 ... te-pettis/
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... te-pettis/
https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers ... s-minicamp
https://twitter.com/champofantasy/statu ... 1241030656

It's gonna be Pettis, folks.

Shanahan will decide the target share, and he has a well established history of feeding his #1 wide-receiver. Andre Johnson, Pierre Garcon, Julio Jones all posted the highest single season receptions total of their careers with Shanahan calling the plays. That's three different teams, too.

There's a reason Shanahan traded up for Pettis last year, spent two more Day 2 picks on WRs this year, and courted the Giants for Beckham -- he wants a star wide-receiver; all his best offenses to date have had one. His playbook needs one.

And before you say Kittle is the #1 wide-receiver: no, he's a tight-end, whom however great, still has his hand in the dirt in-line on too many of his snaps to play that Johnson/Garcon/Jones possession role. Kittle's a true combo-TE and will continue to be used as such.
Yep, nino nailed it here. Shanny is going to use a WR heavily. I think its Pettis if his body can hold up to that type of target share. I like Deebo, he's tough, not sure I see WR1 in him though, its pretty much a target game. He who gets the targets gets the accolade

Kittle will keep doing Kittle things, But I'd expect ~20 targets to go to the top wr and kittle each week

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:42 am

https://ninernoise.com/2019/06/25/49ers ... oindexter/

Likely wont make the 53, but like Trey Quinn, Jake Kumerow, Terry Godwin, amongst others, could be a dark horse for some owners to monitor.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:35 am

ArrylT wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:42 am https://ninernoise.com/2019/06/25/49ers ... oindexter/

Likely wont make the 53, but like Trey Quinn, Jake Kumerow, Terry Godwin, amongst others, could be a dark horse for some owners to monitor.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:06 pm

dlf_mikeh wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:24 am
ninotoreS wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:54 pmAnd before you say Kittle is the #1 wide-receiver: no, he's a tight-end, whom however great, still has his hand in the dirt in-line on too many of his snaps to play that Johnson/Garcon/Jones possesion role
Once you have one stud in the offense, you don't need to struggle to create another. The rest simply supplement the offense. You disagree and that's fine.
What I disagree with is this antiquated notion that it's a zero-sum scenario -- you seem to be arguing that the O can only have one stud, when we live in an era of bountiful stats and pass attempts. How many offenses only feed one pass catcher? Shanahan isn't suddenly becoming Schottenheimer.

You bring up Gronk in NE, like it helps your view, but it contradicts it; you can't have forgotten that first Welker then Edelman were high volume machines in tandem with Gronk. As for Kelce, the best seasons of his career haven't prevented Hill achieving two elite seasons alongside. And Hill, a 5'10" 5th round pick lacking big college stats, was a more unlikely breakout star than Pettis is now.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:55 pm

ninotoreS wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:06 pm
ninotoreS wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:54 pmAnd before you say Kittle is the #1 wide-receiver: no, he's a tight-end, whom however great, still has his hand in the dirt in-line on too many of his snaps to play that Johnson/Garcon/Jones possesion role
Once you have one stud in the offense, you don't need to struggle to create another. The rest simply supplement the offense. You disagree and that's fine.
What I disagree with is this antiquated notion that it's a zero-sum scenario -- you seem to be arguing that the O can only have one stud, when we live in an era of bountiful stats and pass attempts. How many offenses only feed one pass catcher? Shanahan isn't suddenly becoming Schottenheimer.

You bring up Gronk in NE, like it helps your view, but it contradicts it; you can't have forgotten that first Welker then Edelman were high volume machines in tandem with Gronk. As for Kelce, the best seasons of his career haven't prevented Hill achieving two elite seasons alongside. And Hill, a 5'10" 5th round pick lacking big college stats, was a more unlikely breakout star than Pettis is now.
Pettis is an intriguing high upside play... but the hype around him is getting out of control. Someone just took him in the 6th round of my Dynasty superflex startup, ahead of Tyler Lockette (?!). People are valuing him in the same tier as DJ Moore (?!). I like him, too. Just not as much as the growing consensus, I guess.

Hill was also an incredible physical talent that got drafted in the 5th round despite being convicted of Domestic Violence. The fact he was drafted at all is a testament to how much unlocked talent the Chiefs saw in him.

Cherokee
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Cherokee » Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:00 pm

Give me Trent Taylor for 4 catches a game
12 Team 1QB IDP Full PPR Start 8
QB- Kenny Pickett, Jake Haener, Clayton Tune
RB- Jerrick McKinnon, Elijah Mitchell, Gus Edwards, Kenneth Gainwell, TDP, Jordan Mason
WR- Rondale Moore, Drake London, Jordan Addison, Terrence Marshall , Garrett Wilson, Chris Olave, Mecole Hardman, Rashid Shaheed, David Bell
TE- Michael Mayer, Likely, Chig, Cade Otten
LB- Jewell, Deablo, Troy Anderson
DE- Phillips, Highsmith
DB- Brisker, Hufanga, Cine
Taxi Squad: Chase Brown, A.T. Perry, Keaton Mitchell, Khalan Laborn, Lew Nichols lll

captain howdy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby captain howdy » Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:57 pm

IZigUZag wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:55 pm

Pettis is an intriguing high upside play... but the hype around him is getting out of control. Someone just took him in the 6th round of my Dynasty superflex startup, ahead of Tyler Lockette (?!). People are valuing him in the same tier as DJ Moore (?!). I like him, too. Just not as much as the growing consensus, I guess.

Well, could it be your draft was an outlier?

You say..."growing consensus"...bc of one draft? Where possibly one guy had a bad draft pick / overvalued pettis?

Overall mfl adp data for instance has Pettis as an 8th Rd pick. Dj Moore is a 4th Rd pick and Lockrtt a 5th

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:11 pm

captain howdy wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:57 pm
IZigUZag wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:55 pm

Well, could it be your draft was an outlier?

You say..."growing consensus"...bc of one draft? Where possibly one guy had a bad draft pick / overvalued pettis?

Overall mfl adp data for instance has Pettis as an 8th Rd pick. Dj Moore is a 4th Rd pick and Lockrtt a 5th
No, I used my one draft as an example. The growing consensus is based an unscientific feel for the pulse I'm getting from the average Dynasty player (which includes the casual Dynasty players that are most susceptible to hype clouding their evaluation of players).

I realize the hype machine hasn't swayed the more savvy Dynasty players, yet at least :lol: