June Rookie ADP Observations

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Re: June Rookie ADP Observations

Postby ninotoreS » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:29 am

IZigUZag wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:46 am Hock is the best TE prospect since..... OJ Howard. :lol:
Nope. Better prospect coming out than Howard.

Howard played four relatively mundane years at Bama before declaring, and actually regressed a little bit his senior year. It wasn't exactly his fault due to the system there, but bottom line, Howard had more 'project' elements to his profile than Hock; his profile was much more projection of potential than already demonstrated tape reality.

Hock is declaring after just two college seasons and had already proven enough doing so to be a top 10 pick (i.e. phenom indicator). His sophomore season is better than any of Howard's at Bama, and Hock already boasts the tape reality of a combo-TE that can do everything at a high level in the pros, together with an elite workout.

Just in terms of complete profile (tape, workout, measurements, age, production), Hock is the best floor/ceiling TE prospect making the pro jump in a long time. Maybe since Gonzo.
Last edited by ninotoreS on Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:38 am

ninotoreS wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:29 am
IZigUZag wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:46 am Hock is the best TE prospect since..... OJ Howard. :lol:
Nope. Better prospect coming out than Howard.

Howard played four relatively mundane years at Bama before declaring, and actually regressed a little bit his senior year. It wasn't exactly his fault due to the system there, but bottom line, Howard had more 'project' elements to his profile than Hock; his profile was much more projection of potential than already demonstrated tape reality.

Hock is declaring after just two college seasons and had already proven enough doing so to be a top 10 pick (i.e. phenom indicator). His sophomore season is better than any of Howard's at Bama, and Hock already boasts the tape reality of a combo-TE that can do everything at a high level in the pros, together with an elite workout.
So what you're saying is, I shouldn't pass on Hock if he falls to 1.09 in my half PPR 1 TE league? Any concerns about his ability to produce in the DET offense?
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:47 am

Even in that format, I would take Hock at 1.9 and cackle about it.

I don't see the Detroit landing spot being a problem. Indeed, that roster needs pass-catchers.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MrUbuto » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:54 am

ninotoreS wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:47 am Even in that format, I would take Hock at 1.9 and cackle about it.

I don't see the Detroit landing spot being a problem. Indeed, that roster needs pass-catchers.
Situation should be irrelevant in dynasty formats.
QB - DWatson(HOU)Minshew(JAX)Darnold(NYJ)
RB -NChubb(CLE)DHenry(TEN)JTaylor(IND)Gurley(ATL)
WR -DHopkins(ARI)ACooper(DAL)CGodwin(TB)OBJ(CLE)
TE - HHenry(SD)DGoeddart(PHI)
K - Zurlien(LAR)Crosby(GB)
Def - ARI DAL
[rookie] Haskins(WAS)DSwift(DET)Jefferson(MIN)MHardman(KC)
7th pick in 2021

Rosters must always be 3qbs 4wrs 4rbs 2tes 2kickers 2dst and protected players don't take up a roster spot, but are only for rookie/2nd-year players that were drafted

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:56 am

MrUbuto wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:54 am
ninotoreS wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:47 am Even in that format, I would take Hock at 1.9 and cackle about it.

Situation should be discounted in dynasty formats-- it's still very important. Especially at RB.

SteveMaddensShoes
Legend
Legend

Postby SteveMaddensShoes » Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:24 pm

jcc6fd wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:28 am
MrUbuto wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:20 am What's your knock on fant and hock? They seem like potentially generational talent? Why shoildndeebo go ahead of them?
It’s nothing against them, it’s just a general observation that guys like Metcalf, Brown, and Campbell, who were drafted later, are going ahead of the TE’s. I like them fine but am taking a cautious approach. The top TE’s in every class typically get a value boost but it doesn’t necessarily correlate with fantasy success.

If I were to point out one thing for each it would be Hock playing in a pretty rough situation in DET (run first and bad history of underutilizing receiving TE’s) and Fant drops too many balls. Not overly concerned about either, just don’t think they’re slam dunks and they’re rookie TE’s
The Lions have def tried to detail several tight ends careers over the years but if you look back over the last ten years or so tight ends have a pretty good hit rate. Hit being usable, not necessarily stud. It's a pretty safe position( though without a huge ceiling) as far as busts go if you draft an early tight end.
TEAM 1 - 12 man SF. ppr, TEP 1.65 ppr

11 starters - QB, RB(2) WR(3) TE, SF, Flex(3)

Stroud, Kyler, Bryce Young, Anthony Richardson, Minshew, Trey Lance, Dalton l, Mike White

Breece, Achane, AJ Dillon, Justice Hill, Evan Hull, Chris Rodgriquez

Chase, Lamb, Waddle, Olave, London Drake, Demario Davis, Jake Bobo

Kyle Pitts, Mark Andrews, Kincaid, Schoonmaker

24 picks - 1x2, 3,4,5

Team 2-
12 man SF, .25ppc, .5ppr rbs, 1 ppr wr, 1.5 ppr TE

Joe Burrow, Trevor Lawerence, Jake Haehner, Jake Browning

JT, Kendre Miller,, K Ingram, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Kenny Macintosh, Sean Tucker

Puka, Rondale, Mooney, Wan’dale, Terrace Marshall, DPJ, Justyn Ross, Xavier Hutchinson,

Kyle Pitts, Luke Musgrave, Juwan Johnson, Darnell Washington, Jelani Woods, Elijah Higgins

24 - 1st x 3, 2nd x 2, 4th x 3 ,5

MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MrUbuto » Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:27 pm

IZigUZag wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:56 am
MrUbuto wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:54 am

Situation should be discounted in dynasty formats-- it's still very important. Especially at RB.
Ok fair enough not completely discounted but in my opinion more or less discounted.

Guys you are drafting in the first 2 rounds were usually day 1 or 2 picks so presumably they will be in the league at least 5 years but you are aiming for 7 or 8.

That is an absolute lifetime in fantasy. 80% of the coaches and GMS will be gone by then things will be unfathomable different in even 3 years. Trying to predict what the lions offensive philosophy will be in 2 seasons is absolutely pointless
Def - ARI DAL
7th pick in 2021

Rosters must always be 3qbs 4wrs 4rbs 2tes 2kickers 2dst and protected players don't take up a roster spot, but are only for rookie/2nd-year players that were drafted

hoos89
Legend
Legend

Postby hoos89 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:13 pm

Yes, but I would rather have someone in a good situation right now.
Team 1: 2012-2016
2013 Champion, 2012 Runner-Up

Team 2: 12 Team PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 R/W/T, 23 man rosters, est. 2016
2021 Champion, 2020 Runner-up
Tua, Purdy Geno, Carr
JT, Ekeler, Mostert, Javonte, Chuba, D. Harris, M. Carter, J. Hill, Spiller
Chase, AJB, Amon-Ra, Aiyuk, Olave, DJM, Dell
Andrews, McBride, Engram
IR(3): Chubb, M. Williams, Rodgers
Taxi(4): J. Palmer, Tolbert, T. Palmer
2024 Picks: 3, 4, 5

Team 3: 12 Team PPR, 6 pt Pass TD - 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 3 R/W/T, 28 man rosters, est. 2019
2021 Champion, 2022 Runner-up
Jackson, Love, Tannehill, Z. Wilson
Barkley, Mixon, Mostert, J. Wilson, CEH, Gaskin, J. Hill
J. Jefferson, Diggs, Waddle, Evans, Metcalf, Sutton, R. Moore, Slayton, Berrios, Carter, Dortch, Powell, Raymond
Kelce, Dissly, Hooper
2024 Picks: 1

MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MrUbuto » Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:28 pm

hoos89 wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:13 pm Yes, but I would rather have someone in a good situation right now.
Well I guess in a tie breaker sure.

Prospect A has a 9.3/10 prospect rating but is absolutely buried behind 4 really good passing options and the QB has said already he is retiring and they also have been vocal about having an improved run game

Prospect B has a 8.7/10 prospect rating but has just had 2 other pass g options retire a 3 year QB who made pro bowls year 1 and 2 and is already publicly said player B is his go too guy in camp.

I still take player A. You may have 18-24 months of pain but long term you always take skill and talent and work ethic etc over situation. Imo
Def - ARI DAL
7th pick in 2021

hoos89
Legend
Legend

Postby hoos89 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:39 pm

I take 8.7. Not that big of a gap in talent and I'd expect the market value from early performance to cause the 8.7 prospect to be worth materially more than the 9.3 the following season.
Team 1: 2012-2016
2013 Champion, 2012 Runner-Up

Team 2: 12 Team PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 R/W/T, 23 man rosters, est. 2016
2021 Champion, 2020 Runner-up
Tua, Purdy Geno, Carr
JT, Ekeler, Mostert, Javonte, Chuba, D. Harris, M. Carter, J. Hill, Spiller
Chase, AJB, Amon-Ra, Aiyuk, Olave, DJM, Dell
Andrews, McBride, Engram
IR(3): Chubb, M. Williams, Rodgers
Taxi(4): J. Palmer, Tolbert, T. Palmer
2024 Picks: 3, 4, 5

Team 3: 12 Team PPR, 6 pt Pass TD - 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 3 R/W/T, 28 man rosters, est. 2019
2021 Champion, 2022 Runner-up
Jackson, Love, Tannehill, Z. Wilson
Barkley, Mixon, Mostert, J. Wilson, CEH, Gaskin, J. Hill
J. Jefferson, Diggs, Waddle, Evans, Metcalf, Sutton, R. Moore, Slayton, Berrios, Carter, Dortch, Powell, Raymond
Kelce, Dissly, Hooper
2024 Picks: 1