Sell Now Players!!!

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Sell Now Players!!!

Postby MrUbuto » Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:31 pm

IBall2 wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:24 am I offered my barkley for juju + a top 5 rookie pick in this 2020 class but it was declined. Lots of hype in my league over those picks.
Lucky you
QB - DWatson(HOU)Minshew(JAX)Darnold(NYJ)
RB -NChubb(CLE)DHenry(TEN)JTaylor(IND)Gurley(ATL)
WR -DHopkins(ARI)ACooper(DAL)CGodwin(TB)OBJ(CLE)
TE - HHenry(SD)DGoeddart(PHI)
K - Zurlien(LAR)Crosby(GB)
Def - ARI DAL
[rookie] Haskins(WAS)DSwift(DET)Jefferson(MIN)MHardman(KC)
7th pick in 2021

Rosters must always be 3qbs 4wrs 4rbs 2tes 2kickers 2dst and protected players don't take up a roster spot, but are only for rookie/2nd-year players that were drafted

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:14 pm

bjd5211 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:21 am
psfox2010 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:07 pm
bjd5211 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:34 pm

Conner is over vastly over rated/valued, Juju is a low WR1 - Very High WR2. Barkley is the best RB and fantasy asset in the league.

Trade your Barkley shares for that and you are going to be sorely regretting it in 2 years.
Calling JuJu a low end WR1-high end WR2 immediately makes you lose all credibility.
How happy would Juju owners be if they could get high end WR2 production out of him right now?
That's unfair. His preseason value was partly anticipated production and partly driven by youth. This post was in June- no one would've anticipated a Roethlisberger injury, or how severely Juju's production would drop because of it.

You can't act like you won when all that happened was a season ending injury week 1.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:14 pm

Bot101 wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:56 pm
jonniecakes wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:47 pm
IBall2 wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:24 am I offered my barkley for juju + a top 5 rookie pick in this 2020 class but it was declined. Lots of hype in my league over those picks.
Wow! I would die for that offer. I offered four - FOUR - 2020 firsts to the Barkley owner and he declined.
Ive already sold Barkley twice in the same league. And I'd sell him again for that price lol. Assuming a couple of the picks are early 1sts.
I'm one elite RB off taking out my finals and offered Juju and 2 2020 mid 1st for Barkley and got rejected. Ended up getting Kamara for Juju and an early 2nd so I'm happier now anyway.

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:47 pm

AussieMate wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:14 pm
Bot101 wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:56 pm
jonniecakes wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:47 pm

Wow! I would die for that offer. I offered four - FOUR - 2020 firsts to the Barkley owner and he declined.
Ive already sold Barkley twice in the same league. And I'd sell him again for that price lol. Assuming a couple of the picks are early 1sts.
I'm one elite RB off taking out my finals and offered Juju and 2 2020 mid 1st for Barkley and got rejected. Ended up getting Kamara for Juju and an early 2nd so I'm happier now anyway.
That's an excellent trade. Much prefer Kamara.

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:02 pm

Pullo Vision wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:14 pm
psfox2010 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:07 pm
Calling JuJu a low end WR1-high end WR2 immediately makes you lose all credibility.
How happy would Juju owners be if they could get high end WR2 production out of him right now?
That's unfair. His preseason value was partly anticipated production and partly driven by youth. This post was in June- no one would've anticipated a Roethlisberger injury, or how severely Juju's production would drop because of it.

You can't act like you won when all that happened was a season ending injury week 1.
MT, Courtland Sutton, Tyreek and DJ Chark had their QBs knocked out yet all produced - and Sutton's was playing like he was knocked out even when still technically healthy.
I still like JuJu because of youth but High WR2/Low WR1 is fair. Can't just make it everyone's fault but his own

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:45 am

StripesOfKC wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:02 pm
Pullo Vision wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:14 pm

MT, Courtland Sutton, Tyreek and DJ Chark had their QBs knocked out yet all produced - and Sutton's was playing like he was knocked out even when still technically healthy.
I still like JuJu because of youth but High WR2/Low WR1 is fair. Can't just make it everyone's fault but his own
I agree to an extent but also disagree-

1- Juju's value was based on a bad combo-
A- youth (long term, non point generating; what happens after Big Ben?)
B- anticipated production as the new alpha WR (untested as lead WR)

Based on these poor bases for value, I definitely agree he was over valued/drafted this offseason. "Untested", "anticipated" and "youth" should never be core reasons to rank a player highly. It can go well (Barkley), but I prefer proven performances in their current role before assigning a high value.

Where I disagree-

1- Thomas and Hill both had a strong offensive system to fall back on their elite QBs went down. Pittsburgh's OC was put in that role to be a yes man for Roethlisberger and enable him. Juju had the worst QB of the bunch as well.

2- Sutton had similar OC scheme questions and shaky/poor QB play. He also had volume. He didn't have a single game below 6 targets. Chark also had quality volume, though it was inconsistent- 2 games of 5 and 1 of 4, but 2 9 target games, along with an 11, 12and 15. Compare that to Juju-highest target game was 9 (happened to be his only 100 yard game). Five games of 5 or fewer targets.

Put simply, he hasn't been getting the opportunities of the WRs you mentioned, and they likely haven't been of the same quality, given the combo of QB play and scheme questions.

In fact, diving deeper, you can almost break Juju's season in 2-
1- week 8 and before. 2 games of 4 or fewer targets, 15 or fewer yards in those games, no TDs. 5 games of 7 or more targets, 3 TDs, no game below 75 yards.
part 2 ( weeks 9, 10, 11)- 3 games, no more than 5 targets in each, no more than 44 yards in any one game, no TDs.

The difference between parts 1 and 2- Conner got injured at the end of week 8. It'd be interesting for an Xs and Os person to see if defenses began playing him differently when the run game collapsed.

The preseason questions about juju haven't been answered and this season isn't validation of anything. Crypto-bumping to high 5 your take is unwarranted.

jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jenkins.math » Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:50 am

I'm sure I'll get flamed for this, but my sell now would be Lamar Jackson. I can't ever see his value being higher than it is currently. Even if I was a contender I would ride him the rest of this year and then sell for as much as I could get in the offseason.

MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MrUbuto » Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:04 am

jenkins.math wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:50 am I'm sure I'll get flamed for this, but my sell now would be Lamar Jackson. I can't ever see his value being higher than it is currently. Even if I was a contender I would ride him the rest of this year and then sell for as much as I could get in the offseason.
I agree. I was able to sell russel Wilson for 2 1st. 1 will be a top 4 the other is a playoff team but nor a contender. Maybe 5-8 range.

I would imagine you could sell lamar for 3 1st 3 2nds or something like that. Even in a 1qb league. You have to do it.
Def - ARI DAL
7th pick in 2021

Rosters must always be 3qbs 4wrs 4rbs 2tes 2kickers 2dst and protected players don't take up a roster spot, but are only for rookie/2nd-year players that were drafted

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:12 am

jenkins.math wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:50 am I'm sure I'll get flamed for this, but my sell now would be Lamar Jackson. I can't ever see his value being higher than it is currently. Even if I was a contender I would ride him the rest of this year and then sell for as much as I could get in the offseason.
I get this take, trust me i do, and ive had these same thoughts as a Lamar owner sometimes but this is FAR easier said than done if you have the guy on your roster. Right or wrong in your eyes the owners look at him like Pat Mahomes, and no one wants to sell Mahomes either.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:35 am

Pullo Vision wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:45 am
The preseason questions about juju haven't been answered and this season isn't validation of anything. Crypto-bumping to high 5 your take is unwarranted.
Just clapping back at the "lose all credibility" comment to my luke-warm take of Juju being a low WR1 - Very High WR2 rather than the near #1 overall WR he was mistakenly being valued at. Juju will be fine and is quite valuable (so long as the injury issues don't continue), he's just not going to be a Nuk/AB/Julio level guy year after year.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:44 am

This is a fair mindset, but I'm not shopping or selling him unless I get an offer I truly cannot refuse. I invested heavily in Lamar in his rookie draft because of the immense fantasy potential I saw, and now he is already living up to it if not exceeding sooner than I thought was possible. Now he could very well regress for a myriad of reasons, or he could prove that he is legit and continue being a fantasy monster for years to come. I would rather hold and bet on his immense upside and accept the risk of him regressing, than sell and bet on his regression and watch him go on to be an absolute star for someone else. That's just me and my style of play though, most people around here are a lot more cautious and conservative.

MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MrUbuto » Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:54 am

Now I'm really curious.

Anyone recently seen any trades for him or had offered rejected etc?

I gotta figure hes in the 3 mid first and a 2nd or 2 range right?
Def - ARI DAL
7th pick in 2021

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:58 am

MrUbuto wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:54 am Now I'm really curious.

In 1QB? Not a chance, but I'm a firm believer of not investing heavily into QB
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:00 am

MrUbuto wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:54 am Now I'm really curious.

Who, Lamar?

Honestly no idea, I've had no discussions regarding Lamar in my leagues I own him and he hasn't been moved in any of the leagues I don't own him.

He's my #2 QB behind Mahomes though, and he is closer to surpassing Mahomes than my #3 (Watson) is to surpassing Lamar.

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:46 am

i've seen lamar go for dj moore straight up (1QB, 14 teams).