Sell Now Players!!!

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
hoos89
Legend
Legend

Re: Sell Now Players!!!

Postby hoos89 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:48 am

thebeast wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:22 am
You are selectively choosing your dual threat QBs to suit your argument. You bring up RG3 to highlight concern, but he is the anomaly. You bring up cam who has a totally different game than Lamar (like comparing Alex Smith to Aaron Rodger) but even Cam who has taken all the contact has been in the league for about 8+ years and who know what impact his major car accident had in his career. You’ve chosen to leave out other dual threats that weren’t derailed by injury such as Wilson and Vick. If you want to pick a QB to compare him to Vick is a better comparison. Vick to also had great field vision and rarely took hard contact, but Lamar is already better than Vick ever was. I don’t think there is a big injury concern for Lamar regarding his style of play anymore than there is for Wilson in today’s game.
Vick played 16 games ONCE in his career, only had two 3,000 yard passing seasons, and retired at 35 in spite of missing two seasons in prison (and was a backup his last two seasons). Last 5 seasons as a starter (2009-13), he played 12, 12, 12, 13, 10 and 7 games. Really not the comp you want for Jackson. He also never had more than 120 rushing attempts in a season...Jackson is rushing way more (147 last season, pacing for 185 this season).
Team 1: 2012-2016
2013 Champion, 2012 Runner-Up

Team 2: 12 Team PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 R/W/T, 23 man rosters, est. 2016
2021 Champion, 2020 Runner-up
Tua, Purdy Geno, Carr
JT, Ekeler, Mostert, Javonte, Chuba, D. Harris, M. Carter, J. Hill, Spiller
Chase, AJB, Amon-Ra, Aiyuk, Olave, DJM, Dell
Andrews, McBride, Engram
IR(3): Chubb, M. Williams, Rodgers
Taxi(4): J. Palmer, Tolbert, T. Palmer
2024 Picks: 3, 4, 5

Team 3: 12 Team PPR, 6 pt Pass TD - 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 3 R/W/T, 28 man rosters, est. 2019
2021 Champion, 2022 Runner-up
Jackson, Love, Tannehill, Z. Wilson
Barkley, Mixon, Mostert, J. Wilson, CEH, Gaskin, J. Hill
J. Jefferson, Diggs, Waddle, Evans, Metcalf, Sutton, R. Moore, Slayton, Berrios, Carter, Dortch, Powell, Raymond
Kelce, Dissly, Hooper
2024 Picks: 1

REPTAR
Captain
Captain

Re: Sell Now Players!!!

Postby REPTAR » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:18 am

ravn88 wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:41 am
jenkins.math wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 10:31 am In terms of "sell now" I'm looking at guys who blew up last year that I don't think they can produce at that level again or guys that are just overhyped to me in general. That doesn't mean these aren't valuable pieces or you should drop them for anything. Moreso I think these guys could very well be at peak value and could easily see value dropping between this year and next. Note that I do like some (most) of the guys on this list, but if I can move them for a good package, I would consider it.

Pat Mahomes: It seems people are expecting 5k yards and 50 TDs a year. I'll take the under. His perceived market value is bananas right now in single QB or SF.

Sammy Watkins: This guy seems to be on the "break out" list every single year, yet there is always an excuse for why he didn't put together a great season when the season ends. If he fails this year I think his value will finally take a massive hit.

Baker: A great finish to the season and new toys. How many players/teams really live up to the hype when they get this much publicity? I just think for a team that has been irrelevant for over a decade they are getting way too much attention currently.

Eric Ebron: Anytime you have a great TD season you are almost destined for regression. I think there is serious regression there and I don't know that he will get the targets to make up for it.

Jared Cook: Everyone is excited about him in NOLA. If he disappoints he goes right back into the bargain bin.

OBJ: Yes dude is talented but he has a couple screws loose. I also think he enjoys being a celebrity just as much, if not more, than being a football player. That concerns me. I also think the way he is viewed in the dynasty community will shift if he gets injured again this season.

James Conner: Good back in a great system for an organization that isn't going to pay big bucks to a RB. 2 years left on his rookie deal. He has also struggled with injuries his first 2 years. If he makes it 3 for 3 is he phased out in Pitt?

George Kittle: SF brought in more receiving weapons. I don't see him getting close to 1400 receiving yards again.
How spot on was this, back from page 1.
Even though Patty & Kittle are good for years to come
Wow this is pretty bananas - nice list. Yeah you can totally make the arguments against Kittle and Mahomes, but the logic presented isn't wrong.