Which Player Will Lead The Redskins WR Corps In Receiving Yards This Year? What About Touchdowns And Receptions?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
DelawareRiverEagles
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: Which Redskins WR Will Be The Team Leader In Receiving Yards This Year?

Postby DelawareRiverEagles » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:53 pm

MrUbuto wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:55 am
DelawareRiverEagles wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:51 am
MrUbuto wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:14 am

I disagree. I really believe in haskins and think he can have a long great career. He will find "his guy" and make him a very high end wr2 by the end of the year
That's usually how it works with rookie QBs.
Certainly not all of them
Oh yeah, for sure not. Some are absolutely terrible, and others can surprisingly spread the ball around a little.

DelawareRiverEagles
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: Which Player Will Lead The Redskins WR Corps In Receiving Yards This Year? What About Touchdowns And Receptions?

Postby DelawareRiverEagles » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:57 pm

Phaded wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:31 pm I heard Santana Moss is coming out of retirement.
lol. I heard they want DJax back.

Nice quote in the sig btw. That's how I try to live my life. Group-Think can be so bad at times. Literally in a group chat right now that is kinda trashing USWNT for all kinds of stupid reasons. Running up the score, not resting their players, continuing to celebrate hard, dominating the World Cup since conception, and for living more privileged lives than other women around the world.

I messaged other people about it privately, and individually they all agreed that the comments came off as misogynistic, but nobody else decided to join me in calling the rest of the group out.

Oh well. :roll:

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Re: Which Player Will Lead The Redskins WR Corps In Receiving Yards This Year? What About Touchdowns And Receptions?

Postby ericanadian » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:23 pm

Kenny Britt.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

pvillebiker
Captain
Captain

Postby pvillebiker » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:57 pm

Friction wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:49 pm Harmon. 1200/8
^^this

Harmon's short-to-intermediate game is much more friendly to 1st year Haskins NFL game than his college buddy's long ball game, assuming he takes over relatively early. Harmon's "my ball" doggedness will play well right off the bat, assuming he gets his shot. And with this lame WR corp, it'd be a shock if he didn't. Although, I'm betting 700-800 yards might top all WR pass catchers this year.

They gotta be ready to move on from Doctson at this point. Heck even if he does have a good year, would they really want to extend him for anything near market rates!

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:48 pm

JJRules wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:21 am Honestly, I'm not sure it really matters.
Bingo.

The Redskins leader in WR receptions was Josh Doctson with 44. Doctson was not a Top-64 WR in PPR last season. The Redskins currently have Case Keenum, Colt McCoy, and a rookie Dwayne Haskins as QB options. Keenum regressed last season, McCoy is mediocre and you never know what you're going to get from a rookie.

The only "receiver" in this offense who could be viable is Jordan Reed. Outside of him, you have a clutter of desperation dart throw WR's for leagues with deep lineup requirements.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:53 pm

Servo wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:57 am
JJRules wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:21 am Honestly, I'm not sure it really matters.
If you're looking for stellar WR1 numbers, probably not, but there's always value to be found that may bear WR2 fruit.
FWIW, the Redskins did not have a Top-64 WR in PPR or Standard scoring last year. They also did not upgrade their QB's in immediate production. There's really little to nothing to suggest they will have a Top-24 WR next season.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:34 pm

I'm not sure the question matters, for our purposes. This year, I'm not projecting any Skins WR to be more fantasy usable than a bye-week fill-in.
I disagree. I really believe in haskins and think he can have a long great career. He will find "his guy" and make him a very high end wr2 by the end of the year
Haskins is a rookie with a weak supporting cast, and even those pundits that had him rated as this class's QB1 or QB2 still assert that he's a project. He's very inexperienced, declaring after one good college season.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:54 pm

ninotoreS wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:34 pm I'm not sure the question matters, for our purposes. This year, I'm not projecting any Skins WR to be more fantasy usable than a bye-week fill-in.
Haskins is a rookie with a weak supporting cast, and even those pundits that had him rated as this class's QB1 or QB2 still assert that he's a project. He's very inexperienced, declaring after one good college season.
I too am a believer that haskins can lead the charge. harmon is a guy that I haven't been able to pass on as he's fallen in my drafts. i'll take him in this race. just something about him and the rest of the wr corp. he's the best nfl talent there imo.

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:09 am

I could see:

Jordan Reed 55/650/5
Paul Richardson 45/600/4
Trey Quinn 50/470/2
Terry McLaurin 35/450/4
Josh Doctson 30/380/4
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:46 am

That's about the same ballpark as my tentative projections, lukkynumber13. I expect the Skins to run the ball as heavily as game-script permits them to this year.
sloth8u wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:54 pm I too am a believer that haskins can lead the charge. harmon is a guy that I haven't been able to pass on as he's fallen in my drafts. i'll take him in this race. just something about him and the rest of the wr corp. he's the best nfl talent there imo.
Just know that while I agree Haskins has all the physical tools/talent to be a good NFL passer, depth and variety of experience in real game action is very important for any QB, and with only one college season as a clear-cut starter, Haskins lacks it. As such, Haskins has more than a little bit in common with Mitch Trubisky coming out of college. The reasonable position to take with him is to expect that he'll need at least a year or two to develop before he's ready to be a real difference-maker.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

FuzzySignificance
Starter
Starter

Postby FuzzySignificance » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:01 am

isn't the real question will that person be fantasy relevant? I don't think it's unlikely that they produce zero top 50 receivers this year.
12 team ppr, 1 qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, 1 te, 2 flex
QB: Deshaun Watson, Marcus Mariota
RB: Ezekiel Elliott, Le'Veon Bell, Kerryon Johnson, Peyton Barber, Ronald Jones, Darwin Thompson
WR: Amari Cooper, Adam Thielen, Antonio Brown, Will Fuller, DeDe Westbrook, Robby Anderson, Marquise Goodwin, Justin Watson, Albert Wilson, Greg Dortch
TE: Travis Kelce, Vance McDonald, Kyle Rudolph, Delanie Walker, Ian Thomas, Gerald Everett

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:17 am

I feel this is definitely a league dependant question if we're discussing potential fantasy relevance of any of the Redskins WRs.

Yeah in a 12 team PPR league where you start 2-4 RBs & 2-4 WRs the odds are slim that any of these guys are going to be someone you're happy to stick in a lineup on a weekly basis (unless you're a team looking to 2020). If you're only starting 7-8 guys excluding kickers & Team D, then you're not looking at the Redskins even as depth potential.

But if you change the requirements to a larger league (14-16) and/or larger lineups like 3-6 WRs, then at the very least these are guys you're considering. If you're starting 9-11 guys, or a WR1 is now top 14 or 16, rather than top 12, then these guys are guys who may at least be bye-week fill-ins, so it is good to at least get acquainted.

Not to mention this is more of a what about the future type consideration as well. IE will any of these guys do enough in 2019 that we can see them becoming a key player in 2020 and beyond or are they all short term stop gap solutions? I know Doctson and especially Richardson feel like they have been around forever, but they are only 26/27 respectively, so they could possibly have a 2-3 year window as Doug Baldwin / Marvin Jones lite guys if one of them is able to finally make a case they are worthy. Picking one of them (or one of the others mentioned) on the cheap might be a solid bridge (1-2 year) play for depth, again depending on your league & your current roster needs.

In the end, while the outcomes are likely bleak, from the typical 12 team ppr perspective, it is still an exercise you should put yourself through because the NFL shows us every year that there are guys that seem to come from out of the blue.

The point is not that one of these Redskins guys will be valuable - just that closing yourself off from the start on players who could be valuable, is not a healthy dynasty approach, as that is exactly how the Lindsay / Damien Williams / Adam Thielen / Robby Anderson guys end up on other teams rosters, because you gave then zero consideration from the outset, and by the time they showed they could have viability - the savvier owner who had done their homework already snapped them up weeks / months ago.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:26 am

I don't think anyone here is stating that you don't have to temper your expectations with Washington's offense. I think on a "per game" basis...Keenum and Alex Smith are pretty damn similar.

This isn't apples to apples but think back to 2016 with LAR/McVay/Goff...Robert Woods was probably valued as a 3rd to 4th round pick...and I'm sure Cooper Kupp was somewhere in that range. Targeting an unknown offense paid major dividends.

While I don't think Gruden is transcendent on offense, he's run a middle of the road offense since 2014 (1 fantastic year in 2016 + 1 bad year in 2018). When you're able to pick up guys for free or damn near free that should have the opportunity...it's worth a shot for depth.

DelawareRiverEagles
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby DelawareRiverEagles » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:53 am

pvillebiker wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:57 pm
Friction wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:49 pm Harmon. 1200/8
^^this

Harmon's short-to-intermediate game is much more friendly to 1st year Haskins NFL game than his college buddy's long ball game, assuming he takes over relatively early. Harmon's "my ball" doggedness will play well right off the bat, assuming he gets his shot. And with this lame WR corp, it'd be a shock if he didn't. Although, I'm betting 700-800 yards might top all WR pass catchers this year.

They gotta be ready to move on from Doctson at this point. Heck even if he does have a good year, would they really want to extend him for anything near market rates!

https://www.playerprofiler.com/nfl/kelvin-harmon/
https://www.nfl.com/prospects/kelvin-ha ... 40674f568a

Meh, let's see how he does.

And you're right, Doctson and the Redskins need to move on from each other for sure.

Krypto_King
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Krypto_King » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:01 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:53 pm
Servo wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:57 am
If you're looking for stellar WR1 numbers, probably not, but there's always value to be found that may bear WR2 fruit.
FWIW, the Redskins did not have a Top-64 WR in PPR or Standard scoring last year. They also did not upgrade their QB's in immediate production. There's really little to nothing to suggest they will have a Top-24 WR next season.
Colt friggin Mccoy was a QB upgrade strictly in terms of WR fantasy opportunity. Watching Alex Smith QB a team down 2 scores in the 4th quarter is one of the rings of hell. John Fox must have Smith posters above his bed.