Page 2 of 5

Re: How concerned are we about Sony?

Posted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:34 pm
by Phaded
Not even one?

Re: How concerned are we about Sony?

Posted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:36 pm
by GridironGuerilla
Lol! Scotty P! Know what I'm sayin'?

Re: How concerned are we about Sony?

Posted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:13 pm
by Lord_Varys
2018: Rex-5th round, Michel-8th round, White-11th round (if I remember correctly).  White finished highest in PPR, Michel close behind and better in standard.

2017: Gillislee was the highest drafted, followed by Rex, followed by Dion, and Dion Lewis ended up being the most valuable.

2016: Dion Lewis was drafted highest after a great 2015 (cut short by injury), followed by White, followed by Blount.  Blount was the most valuable.

2015: Blount was the highest drafted, followed by Jonas Gray.  Dion Lewis was the undrafted cheap pickup who stole our hearts.

Am I misremembering anything or is the most expensive always the worst, and the cheapest always the best?

Re: How concerned are we about Sony?

Posted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:06 pm
by hoos89
MrUbuto wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:22 am
Weknownothing86 wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:18 am
MrUbuto wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:08 am
I was worried about him this time last year.

The guy above who got Jacobs and a 2nd is a smart man. Sony have very above average talent but I don't see him as overly elite. Not to mention the injury risk
While i am smart lol im not that smart i sold the low second along with Sony. I didnt get the low second along with Jacobs. Thank you tho.
Oh. I still like it. Jacob's has potential to break into that elite tier. Like top 5 startup pick good. Sony is a very VERY nice player but in never see him ever being a 1st round startup rb
I think that's a tad optimistic for Jacobs. He seems like a solid talent in a decent situation, but not elite...I very much doubt he's a 1st round startup pick next season.

Re: How concerned are we about Sony?

Posted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:09 pm
by lukkynumber13
I’m much more worried about Sony than I am about Gurley.

Sony looked low-key BAD last year. He absolutely looked like JAG, & for whatever reason wasn’t used in the pass game - even tho that was a dynamic strength of Michel’s in college.

Re: How concerned are we about Sony?

Posted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:22 pm
by hoos89
His stat line for the playoffs of 71 carries for 336 yards (4.7 YPC) and 6 tds was pretty damned good though. He probably wasn't used more in the pass game because James White...that's probably holding back his value in PPR formats almost as much as the knee.

Re: How concerned are we about Sony?

Posted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:29 pm
by MrUbuto
hoos89 wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:06 pm
MrUbuto wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:22 am
Weknownothing86 wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:18 am


While i am smart lol im not that smart i sold the low second along with Sony. I didnt get the low second along with Jacobs. Thank you tho.
Oh. I still like it. Jacob's has potential to break into that elite tier. Like top 5 startup pick good. Sony is a very VERY nice player but in never see him ever being a 1st round startup rb
I think that's a tad optimistic for Jacobs. He seems like a solid talent in a decent situation, but not elite...I very much doubt he's a 1st round startup pick next season.
Agreed. I think with the 1.1 I'd take harry or sanders.

BUT Jacob's has the prototypical bio. He fits the mold to a T but I agree could easily be an imposter and I have zero faith in Gruden and TV mayock.

I still take Jacob's over Sony because of potential upside. It's all there plus oppurtunity. We know what Sony is I think which is a very fine player but zero chance of elitness Jacob's elite window is still open

Re: How concerned are we about Sony?

Posted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:36 pm
by hoos89
Don't get me wrong...I'd still take Jacobs over Harry and Sanders (and did)...I don't think they're going to hit startup 1st rounds next season either. I just think Jacobs has low RB1 upside as opposed to high RB1 upside, and as such is unlikely to hit the top 12 of startups. I predict he'll go mid-late 2nd next season.

Re: How concerned are we about Sony?

Posted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:24 pm
by Vcize
lukkynumber13 wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:09 pm
I’m much more worried about Sony than I am about Gurley.

Sony looked low-key BAD last year. He absolutely looked like JAG, & for whatever reason wasn’t used in the pass game - even tho that was a dynamic strength of Michel’s in college.
He wasn't used in the pass game because he stunk at it. His first game out they tried to use him in the pass game a bunch. Nothing but drops, bad routes, and a guy who looked wholly out of his element. So they gave up on him as a receiver.

He had a whopping 9 catches his last year at Georgia, fwiw. 64 career catches as a 4 year player. DeAndre Swift will pass that number a few games into his 3rd year most likely.

Re: How concerned are we about Sony?

Posted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:48 pm
by lukkynumber13
Vcize wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:24 pm
lukkynumber13 wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:09 pm
I’m much more worried about Sony than I am about Gurley.

Sony looked low-key BAD last year. He absolutely looked like JAG, & for whatever reason wasn’t used in the pass game - even tho that was a dynamic strength of Michel’s in college.
He wasn't used in the pass game because he stunk at it. His first game out they tried to use him in the pass game a bunch. Nothing but drops, bad routes, and a guy who looked wholly out of his element. So they gave up on him as a receiver.

He had a whopping 9 catches his last year at Georgia, fwiw. 64 career catches as a 4 year player. DeAndre Swift will pass that number a few games into his 3rd year most likely.
Sorry, I worded that post very poorly. You are absolutely correct - he looked liked crap when targeted last year.

I should have said: for whatever reason he failed to make an impact in the pass game.

At Georgia, he was an electric runner AND as a pass catcher. To your point, yes they threw to him less in 2017 and used him more as a dynamic runner, but 55 catches in 3 years is a LOT for an SEC future-bellcow type of RB. It was very disappointing & surprising to see how terrible he was in the pass game in the pros.

Re: How concerned are we about Sony?

Posted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:25 am
by dlf_mikeh
I drafted Sony last year and was glad I did.

The injury concern is legit. They drafted another RB early and the Patriots have a history of sharing RB duties.

I sold my sole copy of Sony for N'Keal Harry. Pretty pleased with that deal, even without all the concerns.

Re: How concerned are we about Sony?

Posted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:42 am
by Jigga94
lukkynumber13 wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:09 pm
I’m much more worried about Sony than I am about Gurley.

Sony looked low-key BAD last year. He absolutely looked like JAG, & for whatever reason wasn’t used in the pass game - even tho that was a dynamic strength of Michel’s in college.
You are speaking solely of his game as a pass catcher, right? I feel like every time I saw him rush it was for 5-8 yards

Re: How concerned are we about Sony?

Posted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:02 am
by ninotoreS
We should be very concerned. His durability was already a red flag on his profile as a prospect, and now that flag is waving.

Perhaps even more alarming is that he's not being used in the pass-game much at all. That was supposed to be a significant plus on his profile.

So in other words, Sony Michel may only be a 2-down back with below-average durability. If that's true, he's a faux blue-chip.

Re: How concerned are we about Sony?

Posted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:58 am
by lukkynumber13
Jigga94 wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:42 am
lukkynumber13 wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:09 pm
I’m much more worried about Sony than I am about Gurley.

Sony looked low-key BAD last year. He absolutely looked like JAG, & for whatever reason wasn’t used in the pass game - even tho that was a dynamic strength of Michel’s in college.
You are speaking solely of his game as a pass catcher, right? I feel like every time I saw him rush it was for 5-8 yards
No, I’m saying as a runner as well. He didn’t ever get more than what was blocked, not that I saw. Zero juice.

Re: How concerned are we about Sony?

Posted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:11 am
by kamihamster
Concerned enough that he's on the block. Not so much so that I'll sell for less than what I paid. Drafted him with the 1.08 last year. I'm not interested in a similar pick in this class, but if I can't get a 2020 1st then I'll just hold him. Currently trying to package him to upgrade my WR position. He should still carry a good portion of the load, so if I can't move him, he'll be useful. Right now may not be the best time to sell with the scope news coming out. May have to wait till a big game to move him.