Superficial Studs

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Re: Superficial Studs

Postby Pac_Eddy » Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:52 am

David Boston.

I thought he'd dominate like Terrell Owens. Nope.

And Domanick Davis. He was doing it all for a minute: efficient running, great catching out of the backfield.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:25 am

I know he’s been mentioned but my number one player on this list would be Christine Michael. He showed just enough flashes to keep me intrigued and was drafted in the 2nd round which seemed to be just early enough that he kept getting chances. Now, he’s trying out for the XFL.

Thomas Rawls- He looked good to me his rookie season and I remember picking him up for free on waivers in a couple of leagues, thinking I had hit the lottery.

Felix Jones- Just a homer pick, I was still playing redraft leagues when he was drafted by the Cowboys but he had some flashy plays and a couple of decent seasons.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:37 am

honcho55 wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:39 pm
Phaded wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:38 am I actually had a hard time coming up with this and I have gotten a lot better with this over time and it is not really a big issue for me anyone.

CPatt was probably the biggest one for me.

Players I gave up on prematurely however.. I have a laundry list of those.
Curious, do you think the net result there is improved results? I’d assume since you don’t have problems with busts, but have guys you let up on early that you are on the risk averse end of the spectrum.

Think you have better success this way in general?
I would say that this strategy has worked very well for me and it is a large part of my success. I am in two leagues - an 8yr league and a 5yr league; perennially contending. Not meant to be a brag but more of a supportive statement about this strategy.

I think it is much more beneficial to sell a little bit early than to ride it out or assume improvement is inevitable.

pvillebiker
Captain
Captain

Postby pvillebiker » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:01 am

Kelvin Benjamin - classic big (elite?) rookie WR productivity due to paring with situational desperation (Cam needed someone with 30 foot wing span to throw to - still does?) with numerous "but maybe he's not that good" red flags. Changed teams and his career disintegrated.

Jimmy Garoppolo - narrative is shaping up for him to be inducted into this hall of shame if you think about it. Flashed elite upside in NE on low sample size (small # games) and briefly initially in SF, again on low sample size. Outcome is still TBD, as obviously "there's still time!" in his 3rd season with the 9'ers to prove he's no phony Tommy Boy impersonator.