Darrell Henderson

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Darrell Henderson is your new 1.01 now.

Postby Phaded » Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:48 pm

Well that is interesting, since NFL.com is the site with the different numbers.

That said, it certainly doesn't look like on tape that Sanders has faced a stacked box on over half his carries..

bjd5211
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby bjd5211 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:52 pm

Phaded wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:48 pm
Well that is interesting, since NFL.com is the site with the different numbers.

That said, it certainly doesn't look like on tape that Sanders has faced a stacked box on over half his carries..
I think the nextgen numbers might be the % of his SNAPS he faced 8+, but the % Barfield is using represents the % of time he faced 8+ on his actual carries. I don't know, just sharing some info relevant to the subject of Sanders that I ran across.

dlf_mikeh
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dlf_mikeh » Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:37 pm

Phaded wrote:
Even if it is true, I'm curious if this is because the Eagles have run more two TE sets than anybody, so defenses have to adjust towards the middle of the field a little more, thus resulting in "stacked boxes".

I seriously doubt everyone is game-planning against a guy who hasn't really done anything yet.
Make Your Own Customizable Draft Pick Value Chart Here
"This is awesome" --- dlf_jaronf
"I've made a few draft pick charts. This is better than any of them." --- dlf_jules
"Whatever rookie draft pick chart you're using isn't as good as this one from MEuRaH" --- dlf_jules
"Excellent work on this!" --- dlf_zachb

IZigUZag
Role Player
Role Player

Postby IZigUZag » Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:50 pm

dlf_mikeh wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:37 pm
Phaded wrote:
Even if it is true, I'm curious if this is because the Eagles have run more two TE sets than anybody, so defenses have to adjust towards the middle of the field a little more, thus resulting in "stacked boxes".

I seriously doubt everyone is game-planning against a guy who hasn't really done anything yet.
This is likely the case, it's not dissimilar to why TEN faced such a high percentage of stacked boxes last season.

bjd5211
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby bjd5211 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:52 pm

dlf_mikeh wrote:
Phaded wrote:

I agree this is likely the reason why, not because they are keying on Sanders. That still does make the defense a little harder to run against however.

ericanadian
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby ericanadian » Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:20 pm

bjd5211 wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:52 pm
dlf_mikeh wrote:
Phaded wrote:

I agree this is likely the reason why, not because they are keying on Sanders. That still does make the defense a little harder to run against however.
Does it though? Pretty sure most TEs (especially 2nd TEs) can block pretty well.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Tannehill, Mariota
RB - Gordon, Cook, Penny, Guice, Harris, Laird, Love
WR - Julio, C. Davis, AJ Brown, Samuel, Washington, Di. Johnson, Isabella
TE - Henry, Andrews
LB - Kuechly, R. Smith
DL - Hunter, Armstead, Quinn
DB - D. James, Baker, Edmunds
K - Just a stupid kicker

PR0v3
Role Player
Role Player

Postby PR0v3 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:16 pm

Why does a guy like Gurley (in years past) then face so few stacked boxes if the Rams run so many bunch tight bunch formations?
12 Team .5 PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/RB 20 man rosters, 5 man taxi est. 2018
QB: Jimmy G
RB: Penny, Mattison
WR: K. Allen, Boyd, Hollywood, C. Samuel, Deebo, A. Miller, C. Davis, Washington, Ross, Pettis, Trequan
TE: Andrews, Gesicki, Everett, OJ
K: Legatron
Taxi: JJAW, Justice, Hurd
2020 Picks: 1, 1, 1, 1, 2, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:24 am

anybody selling henderson now in dynasty just doesn't understand the dynasty game very well.

dlf_mikeh
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dlf_mikeh » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:43 am

Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:24 am
anybody selling henderson now in dynasty just doesn't understand the dynasty game very well.
Well I would disagree. It's a difference of opinion. A wise owner would be able to unload players before their values tank. DH has given several indicators that he will never be "the guy", so selling before his value is gone would be a good idea.

HOWEVER, we (I) have been wrong before.

It's all about maximizing value. Doesn't mean that someone doesn't understand.
Make Your Own Customizable Draft Pick Value Chart Here
"This is awesome" --- dlf_jaronf
"I've made a few draft pick charts. This is better than any of them." --- dlf_jules
"Whatever rookie draft pick chart you're using isn't as good as this one from MEuRaH" --- dlf_jules
"Excellent work on this!" --- dlf_zachb

MontrealBen
Role Player
Role Player

Postby MontrealBen » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:51 am

Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote:
It depends on the price, no? I'm not going to say anything that hasn't already been said, but my opinion all along was that the first round hype was out of control, and his true value was still high to mid 2nd rounder. There are probably people who see his first two games as a "buy low" window because they still value him at or near his peak draft value -- sell to them. There are probably people out there who think he's barely worth a 3rd because he lost time to Brown (even though we knew Brown got a good contract this summer) -- buy from them.
(1) 10 team standard
Newton, Brady, Jackson
Mixon, Bell, Conner, Gordon, DFreeman, McCoy, Barber, Ballage
OBJ, Cooper, Godwin, Green, Boyd, MWilliams, CDavis, Quinn, PWilliams, ABrown
Ertz, Goedert, Burton
(1,2,2,3,3,4)

(2) 12 team, PPR, superflex, TE premium
Mahomes, Daniels, Lock
Cook, Mixon, Carson, Montgomery, Drake, Guice, Lindsay, White, ISmith, Ballage, JWilliams
Cooper, Godwin, Lockett, Moore, JGordon, Jeffrey, MVS, AWilson, Tate
Dissly, Witten
(1-7 + extra 3rd)

(3) 10 team, 0.5 PPR
Newton, Murray, Brissett
Kamara, Conner, RFreeman, Thompson, DaWilliams, DHenderson, ISmith, Hilliard, DeWilliams, Hill, Snell
Hopkins, Woods, MVS, DJax, Harry, Pettis, Ross, Tate, Quinn, Taylor, Ginn, Amendola, Wilson, Hamilton, Reynolds, Pascal, Cain, Pringle
Kelce, Goedert, Knox, Thomas, Watson, Kroft
(1-4 + 3 2nds)

Vcize
MVP
MVP

Postby Vcize » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:08 am

Phaded wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:54 am
Let's not act like Henderson came into a situation where he had a clear path to touches, he has come in and is behind one of the best running backs to enter the league in the last few years in Gurley.
Henderson isn't ceding touches to Gurley. Gurley's situation has gone pretty much exactly as people predicted in creating a path for Henderson to get a clear path to touches.

He is ceding his touches to Malcolm Brown. I think a lot of people expected him to be serious competition for Brown as the guy behind Gurley (remember up until right before the season most of the discussion was that if you had Gurley you had to make sure and get his clear handcuff/backup, Henderson) and expected that in a worst case scenario he would split those backup touches with Brown and/or get passing down work.

No one that spent anything on him was expecting him to get almost Rojo levels of ghosted out of the gates.
Phaded wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:15 pm
In regards to Sanders, my point was that he has flat out looked bad but I don't see anyone freaking out about him after two weeks.
Lots of people are worried about Sanders. And I can confirm in the one league I have him that he is definitely less valuable/appealing to buying owners right now.
Team 1 (12 team FFPC)
QB: Wentz
RB: Cook, A Jones, Mixon, Kerryon, Hunt, Hill, Drake
WR: OBJ, Lockett, ARob, Woods, ARob, Preston
TE: Howard, Cook, Goedert, Njoku, Knox

Team 2 (12 team PPR, q/r/r/w/w/w/f/t/k/d)
QB: Wilson, Dak
RB: Fournette, Kamara, Michel, Kerryon, Blount
WR: Beckham, Thielen, Enunwa, M Williams, Beasely, Amendola
TE: Eifert, Hooper, Gesicki

Orenthal Shames
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Orenthal Shames » Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:08 pm

dlf_mikeh wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:43 am
Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote:
Well I would disagree. It's a difference of opinion. A wise owner would be able to unload players before their values tank. DH has given several indicators that he will never be "the guy", so selling before his value is gone would be a good idea.

This^ Sell lows and buy highs are a thing.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 man rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19 Champion

QB: Winston, Dalton
RB: Kamara, Gurley, Sanders, Royce
WR: Julio, OBJ, Keenan, Fuller
TE: Kelce, Kittle

2020: 1.05

MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MrUbuto » Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:09 pm

Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote:
If you are able to recoup your 1st rounder if you spent one that's fantastic
QB - DWatson(HOU)Winston(TB)Finely(DEN)
RB - TGurley(LAR)DJohnson(ARI)NChubb(CLE)DHenry(TEN)
WR - ODB(NYG)AJ Green(CIN)ACooper (DAL)CDavis(TEN)
TE - HHenry(SD)DGoeddart(PHI)
K - Zurlien(LAR)Badgley(LAC)
Def - JAGS DET
[rookie] NHarry(NE)MBrown(BAL)Haskins(WAS)

1, 1, 1, 1, 2, 2 - 2020's
Rosters must always be 3qbs 4wrs 4rbs 2tes 2kickers 2dst and protected players dont take up a roster spot, but are only for rookie/2nd year players that were drafted

kamihamster
Captain
Captain

Postby kamihamster » Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:32 pm

MrUbuto wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:09 pm
Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote:
If you are able to recoup your 1st rounder if you spent one that's fantastic
breaking even is better than a loss. sometimes it's not about getting gains but managing your losses. but in this case, i think you have to hold.... if you are skiddish and want out i'd do it for break even value.
NTL (est 2016): (8-0)
12-team, PPR, 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1FLX
QB: A.Rodgers, D.Jones
RB: A.Kamara, K.Johnson, K.Drake, Da.Henderson, C.Anderson, K.Ballage, T.Montgomery, J.Wilson, D.Ogunbowale, Dw.Washington, J.Kelly, P.Perkins, A.Blue
WR: O.Beckham, D.Hopkins, C.Kupp, D.Chark, R.Foster, A.Wilson, J.Reynolds, S.Morgan, B.Pringle, O.Johnson, D.Williams, D.Willis
TE: J.Cook, M.Andrews, A.Shaheen, B.Jarwin
2020 Picks: 3, 4
2021 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4
2022 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4

Home League (est 2014): 2018 Champ (6-2)
12-team, NPPR-6ptTD, 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,2FLX,1K,1DST,4IDP
QB: P.Mahomes, J.Goff
RB: D.Cook, A.Kamara, J.Mixon, M.Breida, S.Michel, F.Gore, D.Guice, K.Ballage, D.Ogunbowale, R.Bonnafon, J.Scarlett, W.Gallman, J.Kelly, J.Wilson
WR: D.Adams, J.Smith-Schuster, T.Boyd, A.Robinson, L.Fitzgerald, Jo.Brown, M.Valdes-Scantiling, K.Harmon, Z.Pascal
TE: E.Engram, A.Hooper
DST: NOS
K: W.Lutz
2020 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
2021 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:37 pm

dlf_mikeh wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:43 am
Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote:

if someone drafted henderson to be "the guy" they already lost when they hit the draft button. i thought he would get around 10 touches out the gate but that hasn't eventuated because malcolm brown is so good. it seems the rams will take their time with him and make sure he can pass block before they give him work.

patience is required here. i don't think his value will tank. once he gets on the field all it takes is a long run here and there and people will be all over him again.