Darrell Henderson

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Krypto_King
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Darrell Henderson is your new 1.01 now.

Postby Krypto_King » Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:17 pm

Cult of Dionysus wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:26 pm
Krypto_King wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:01 pm
TheNuts wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:56 am

I think you're looking at it from the wrong angle. He isn't just a backup. He is going to be integrated into the offense with a purpose. That's why they drafted him.
Please give me the rest of 2019 results since you can see the future. I guess all those other guys were drafted for no reason at all.
Why would an organization waste a valuable 3rd round pick on a running back when they have one of the top 3 RBs in the league, whom they gave a very expensive contract to, and who is only 24 yo?

Btw, anyone else impressed with my correct use of who and whom? That bleep ain't easy!
again, why would any of those other teams have wasted draft picks on purpose? Everyone knows October in June

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:49 am

I'd like to congratulate DD on being the biggest DH truther I know, and standing firm on his belief that DH will succeed at a high level.

Even after all the evidence I've found seems to say otherwise. :mrgreen:

Seriously though DD, nothing is going to shake you? He's some more good stuff for DH believers: I recall that the Rams hardly ever play their starters in pre-season, and Gurley will probably not even play 1 snap. This alone will increase Henderson's value. (Note: I didn't look this up, but I'm pretty certain I'm right).

He might be a 1.01 after all!
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:33 am

FWIW he just went 1.13 in an 18tm rookie draft.
So his value is not high everywhere.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:41 am

dlf_mikeh wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:49 am I'd like to congratulate DD on being the biggest DH truther I know, and standing firm on his belief that DH will succeed at a high level.

Even after all the evidence I've found seems to say otherwise. :mrgreen:

Seriously though DD, nothing is going to shake you? He's some more good stuff for DH believers: I recall that the Rams hardly ever play their starters in pre-season, and Gurley will probably not even play 1 snap. This alone will increase Henderson's value. (Note: I didn't look this up, but I'm pretty certain I'm right).

He might be a 1.01 after all!
Lol, I started this thread as a goof.

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:54 am

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:41 amLol, I started this thread as a goof.
Ahh...

and how many copies of the guy do you own? For example, I own him in 0 of 7 leagues.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:07 am

I own 1 shares of Darrell Henderson, and I have no issue admitting that the tiebreaker when making that draft pick was already having Gurley on that roster. :)
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:35 pm

dlf_mikeh wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:54 am
Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:41 amLol, I started this thread as a goof.
Ahh...

and how many copies of the guy do you own? For example, I own him in 0 of 7 leagues.
Im only in a handful of leagues, but 0/3 so far. 1 rookie draft to go. I don't dislike him, but don't love him either. It wouldn't surprise me if he ends up being the best rb from this class. I find it hard to fault people for where they rank nearly any rookie this year because it's such a weak class.

IBall2
All Pro
All Pro

Postby IBall2 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:14 pm

Can somebody remind me why we're so high on Darrell Henderson but not Damien Harris? Their ADP is almost a full round apart. Harris was drafted into a similar situation (apparently people forget Sony has chronic knee issues as well), in the same round of the NFL draft and both are above average athletes.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:17 pm

IBall2 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:14 pm Can somebody remind me why we're so high on Darrell Henderson but not Damien Harris? Their ADP is almost a full round apart. Harris was drafted into a similar situation (apparently people forget Sony has chronic knee issues as well), in the same round of the NFL draft and both are above average athletes.
1. Damien Harris's role is even less defined than Henderson. While his ceiling is just as high, his floor is a 4 way RBBC.
2. I'm much more confident in Sony Michel being relatively healthy throughout the season than Gurley.
3. His current ADP feels about right.

djeternal2
Captain
Captain

Postby djeternal2 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:25 pm

IBall2 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:14 pm Can somebody remind me why we're so high on Darrell Henderson but not Damien Harris? Their ADP is almost a full round apart. Harris was drafted into a similar situation (apparently people forget Sony has chronic knee issues as well), in the same round of the NFL draft and both are above average athletes.
Because there haven't been 15,000 stories/tweets regurgitating the same info over and over. Same reason Mattison isn't climbing draft boards even tho Cook has roughly 200 carries in 15 games in his 2 years in the league.
10 tm ppr 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 Flex, TE, K, TDEF (Yr 6)
QB - Ryan, Wentz
RB - Gurley, A Jones, Cohen, Kerryon, Dam Williams, Duke, I Smith, Armstead, T Carson
WR - AJG, Watkins, ARob, A. Cooper, K Allen, M Williams, Godwin, Callaway, JJAW
TE - Gesicki, I Smith, Herndon, Eifert, Sternberger, Dissly

10 tm TE prem 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, K, 2 DB, 2 DL, 2 LB (Yr 5)
QB - Mahomes, Mayfield, Wentz,
RB - Zeke, Chubb, Kerryon, Duke, Edmonds, B Hill
WR - Nuk, AJG, ARob, JJS, Samuel, MVS, T Smith, D Hamilton, Gallup, K Johnson
TE - Njoku, Eifert, Herndon, I Smith, I Thomas, Moreau
DL - Watt, K Clark, Q Williams
LB - D Jones, D Bush
DB - K Neal, Bell

DLF Early Birds - 16 tm SF (1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex, 1 SF
QB - A Rodgers, Darnold, Rosen, M Rudolph, Luck
RB - Damian Williams, J Howard, Duke, AP, Gore
WR - Julio, Golladay, Kirk, Stills, Manny Sanders, N Harry
TE - Jarwin, Gesicki, Boyle, Sprinkle

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:31 pm

And probably because Henderson is a better player.

IBall2
All Pro
All Pro

Postby IBall2 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:33 pm

djeternal2 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:25 pm
Because there haven't been 15,000 stories/tweets regurgitating the same info over and over. Same reason Mattison isn't climbing draft boards even tho Cook has roughly 200 carries in 15 games in his 2 years in the league.
I was thinking about throwing Mattison into my original post also but couldn't bring myself to it. He just doesn't look the part of a high upside player even though he is in a good backfield to see touches year one behind Dalvin "made of glass" Cook. He also tested poorly at the combine.

IBall2
All Pro
All Pro

Postby IBall2 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:38 pm

Phaded wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:31 pm And probably because Henderson is a better player.
Henderson may be a better player, but I don't see a 10-15 pick difference between Henderson and Harris. Right now Henderson is going between pick 4 and pick 7 while Harris is going between picks 14 and 19 from the drafts I've checked out.

I would expect them to be much closer based on the film and combine and draft capital spent on them. Something like Henderson at pick 10 and Harris at pick 13 for example.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:40 pm

I think the big difference in what makes Henderson so appealing is this is a class full of uncertainty and mediocrity - Henderson provides some mouth watering upside.

Damien Harris does not.

MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MrUbuto » Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:15 pm

Phaded wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:40 pm I think the big difference in what makes Henderson so appealing is this is a class full of uncertainty and mediocrity - Henderson provides some mouth watering upside.

Damien Harris does not.
So you are MORE excited about a mid range player BECAUSE the rest of the class is weak.

Wtf..
QB - DWatson(HOU)Minshew(JAX)Darnold(NYJ)
RB -NChubb(CLE)DHenry(TEN)JTaylor(IND)Gurley(ATL)
WR -DHopkins(ARI)ACooper(DAL)CGodwin(TB)OBJ(CLE)
TE - HHenry(SD)DGoeddart(PHI)
K - Zurlien(LAR)Crosby(GB)
Def - ARI DAL
[rookie] Haskins(WAS)DSwift(DET)Jefferson(MIN)MHardman(KC)
7th pick in 2021

Rosters must always be 3qbs 4wrs 4rbs 2tes 2kickers 2dst and protected players don't take up a roster spot, but are only for rookie/2nd-year players that were drafted