Sell Now Players!!!

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Cameron Giles
Degenerate
Degenerate
Posts: 9145
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:06 pm

Re: Sell Now Players!!!

Postby Cameron Giles » Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:05 am

People are naming a lot of potential league winners in this thread. And, sometimes people forget it in the offseason, but the goal of dynasty....is to win. Selling studs for draft picks and upside players doesn't have a higher chance of doing that unless you get incredibly lucky. Personally, I wouldn't sell those players unless there was an obviously fluke reason why their production was so good.

You should sell any player if you get a favorable offer, but I would not be going around shopping players like McCaffrey, Barkley, Kittle, etc. I would just sit back and enjoy the offseason as teams try to get anywhere close to my lineup.

FantasyDumDum
Role Player
Role Player
Posts: 408
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:44 pm

Re: Sell Now Players!!!

Postby FantasyDumDum » Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:12 am

How often does the number 1 ranked/drafted fantasy asset stay at that level from year to year? Very rarely in my recollection. Is the number 1 fantasy asset always a sell now?
10 team, .5ppr, 1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/1Flex

QB: Brees, Cousins
RB: CMC, D Williams, Drake, Guice, Penny, RoJo, Breida, I Smith, Edmonds
WR: AB, ARob, Ridley, Jeffery, Shepard, Pettis, Miller, Washington, MVS, Callaway
TE: Kelce, Herndon, Andrews

Taxi Squad:

Picks:
2019 1.10, 2.10, 3.10, 4.10
2020 1, 2, 3, 4

User avatar
Pac_Eddy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3293
Joined: Fri May 11, 2012 7:12 pm

Re: Sell Now Players!!!

Postby Pac_Eddy » Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:20 am

FantasyDumDum wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:12 am
How often does the number 1 ranked/drafted fantasy asset stay at that level from year to year? Very rarely in my recollection. Is the number 1 fantasy asset always a sell now?
No.

If I think that player can be a top five or so guy for the next three years, he's a hold. The obvious except being if someone is willing to overpay for him.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

Cameron Giles
Degenerate
Degenerate
Posts: 9145
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:06 pm

Re: Sell Now Players!!!

Postby Cameron Giles » Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:06 am

FantasyDumDum wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:12 am
How often does the number 1 ranked/drafted fantasy asset stay at that level from year to year? Very rarely in my recollection. Is the number 1 fantasy asset always a sell now?
Yes, if you can get a fantastic deal for him. But, it's not hot potato where you have to move him. I just don't think it matters who the #1 overall asset is. It changes every single year and usually it's going to be the newest player who put up a stud season.

I think sometimes people get too caught up in trying to play dynasty to keep up with ADP instead of winning a league. If you have someone like Saquon, enjoy the ride. There's going to be highs and lows, but you'll have better chances to win leagues because of him.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 13145
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:03 am

Re: Sell Now Players!!!

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:24 am

Cameron Giles wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:05 am
People are naming a lot of potential league winners in this thread. And, sometimes people forget it in the offseason, but the goal of dynasty....is to win. Selling studs for draft picks and upside players doesn't have a higher chance of doing that unless you get incredibly lucky. Personally, I wouldn't sell those players unless there was an obviously fluke reason why their production was so good.

You should sell any player if you get a favorable offer, but I would not be going around shopping players like McCaffrey, Barkley, Kittle, etc. I would just sit back and enjoy the offseason as teams try to get anywhere close to my lineup.
Don't think anyone is forgetting that. With players like these, you can set the market price, or hold. If you can send out offers that will help your team, why not do it? Personally I'm not talking about upside players and draft picks when selling Barkley, I'm talking about a slight downgrade at the position and another legit established player or two that are producers. To get a Chubb and Diggs and maybe even another player, why not? (Just an example off the top of my head) Send the offer you would be comfortable with parting with the guy for. I do it. It doesn't usually get accepted, but I like to test the waters and see. If somebody has an offer in their in box where all they have to do is hit accept, and they get Saquon, sometimes they will overpay.
DLF Early Birds Special/ Year 1 (16 Team SuperFlex 25 man roster Start 10)

Record: 28-5 Division Champ/League High Scorer/Runner Up

Wentz, Stafford. Driskel
Chubb, Cook, Breida, Ekeler, Penny, James White, Sproles
Evans, Sutton, Woods, Crowder, Agholor, Sanu, Higgins, D Robinson, T Taylor
Kittle, Olsen, McDonald, Ian Thomas, Clay

Cameron Giles
Degenerate
Degenerate
Posts: 9145
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:06 pm

Re: Sell Now Players!!!

Postby Cameron Giles » Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:40 am

FantasyFreak wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:24 am
Cameron Giles wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:05 am
People are naming a lot of potential league winners in this thread. And, sometimes people forget it in the offseason, but the goal of dynasty....is to win. Selling studs for draft picks and upside players doesn't have a higher chance of doing that unless you get incredibly lucky. Personally, I wouldn't sell those players unless there was an obviously fluke reason why their production was so good.

You should sell any player if you get a favorable offer, but I would not be going around shopping players like McCaffrey, Barkley, Kittle, etc. I would just sit back and enjoy the offseason as teams try to get anywhere close to my lineup.
Don't think anyone is forgetting that. With players like these, you can set the market price, or hold. If you can send out offers that will help your team, why not do it? Personally I'm not talking about upside players and draft picks when selling Barkley, I'm talking about a slight downgrade at the position and another legit established player or two that are producers. To get a Chubb and Diggs and maybe even another player, why not? (Just an example off the top of my head) Send the offer you would be comfortable with parting with the guy for. I do it. It doesn't usually get accepted, but I like to test the waters and see. If somebody has an offer in their in box where all they have to do is hit accept, and they get Saquon, sometimes they will overpay.
Because Barkley to Chubb isn't a slight downgrade. Chubb is not even close to the talent or RB that Barkley is. Diggs is a very good WR, but at the cost of giving up Barkley I don't think I'd be interested.

To me it seems like the type of deals that owners would send out to sell Barkley would probably include Kamara, CMC, maybe Zeke + something else really good. And at that point, I don't think the buyer is jumping to make those deals. I think the likelihood of holding is pretty high because you don't really see Godfather type of deals in dynasty.

honcho55
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1057
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:45 pm

Re: Sell Now Players!!!

Postby honcho55 » Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:26 pm

Bot101 wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:22 pm
honcho55 wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:13 pm
Whew, glad I read the last couple posts, as I’ve sold Kittle and Godwin this offseason, and I wasn’t feeling great about it. But, it appears I agree, as much as I still like em both.
It really just depends on what you got.
Yes it does haha. Anyways the post was semi sarcastic also. I don’t think either of those guys should be actively sold.

My trades were;
Kittle, 2.12 2022 2nd,
for 2020 and 2022 1st. (2020 I project as 1.01)

Godwin, Mattison
for R Woods and 2021 2nd

The Kittle trade allowed me to keep Lockett before a deadline. Godwin trade was motivated by bye week problems also. Lockett and woods became Cooper in other trades.

So net results I guess:

Kittle, Godwin, Mattison, 2.12, 2020 3rd

For

Cooper, projected 2020 1.01, 2022 1st

Overall feel okay about it. Starting lineup change is Godwin Kittle to cooper and hunter Henry, picking up two nice picks. Not fretting mattison 2.12 and the 3rd too much, with this league they were all roster bubble/cuts at this time.
my main league, half PPR, all TDs 6, -3 for INT
14 team
start 1QB, 1RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2WRT. Roster 15, 2 IR. keep 10 *transitioning to more keepers

QB: Wilson, Carr
RB: E Elliot, D Henry, M Ingram, M Boone, P Laird
WR: J Smith-Schuster, M Thomas, AJ Brown, DJ Moore, C Beasley, B Perriman
TE. T Kelce, D Goedert

2020 picks: 1.02, 1.03, 2.02, 4.04, 4.06, 4.14
2021: 1, 1, 2, 3, 3, 4
2022: 1, 1, 1, 2, 3
2023: 1, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

smallxl
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1233
Joined: Wed May 01, 2013 8:28 am

Re: Sell Now Players!!!

Postby smallxl » Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:04 am

Even selling studs high is a formula for disaster if you dont hit on the picks you acquired or upside players in those deals. Constantly selling is a good way to ruin your
Dynasty team
22-man, 12-team, 1 pt-PPR; Start 1-2RB; 3-4 WR; 1-2 TE

TEAM 1
QB: Prescott, Foles
RB: Barkley, P Barber, Duke, Gio Bernard, Gus, C Thompson, Breida, Ekeler
WR: A Cooper, Cooks, Lockett, C. Davis, Crowder, Chark, Stills
TE: OJ Howard

pvillebiker
Captain
Captain
Posts: 862
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:25 pm

Re: Sell Now Players!!!

Postby pvillebiker » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:09 am

Wow, Darrell Henderson just went 1.04 in one of my leagues. Did Gurley retire or something?

TheNuts
Role Player
Role Player
Posts: 431
Joined: Wed May 08, 2019 4:56 am

Re: Sell Now Players!!!

Postby TheNuts » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:30 am

pvillebiker wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:09 am
Wow, Darrell Henderson just went 1.04 in one of my leagues. Did Gurley retire or something?
I dont see anything wrong with that. There are question marks on every single rookie in this draft. Henderson has some serious talent and is on a high powered offense. Plus, Mcvay and Snead drafted him as a Kamara like back. They saw first hand what Kamara could do when the offense is designed around him.

Maintain
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu May 02, 2019 6:25 pm

Re: Sell Now Players!!!

Postby Maintain » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:05 am

Edelman - Brady's go to. Still puts up numbers in ppr. How many years left with them? And now Harry there. Sell now!

Stevens61310
Role Player
Role Player
Posts: 368
Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:15 pm

Re: Sell Now Players!!!

Postby Stevens61310 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:25 am

FantasyFreak wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:07 pm
This is going to be unpopular for some but, how about Saquon Barkley? His price is astronomical, and if you make the right deal, he can make your overall team a lot stronger, with less equity tied up in one player, who is playing the position that is the most volatile and short lived in all of Fantasy Football.
I didn't trade Barkley per se--. But last year I had the first pick in our draft. I was offered Mariota, C-Mac, his first, and his second. He took Barkley with the first pic (no surprise). And in the end I got Mariota, C-Mac, Anthony Miller, and Gallup. Although I am disappointed in Mariota --I still think I made out on this deal--

User avatar
wickerkat1212
Role Player
Role Player
Posts: 415
Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:23 am
Contact:

Re: Sell Now Players!!!

Postby wickerkat1212 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:21 am

pvillebiker wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:09 am
Wow, Darrell Henderson just went 1.04 in one of my leagues. Did Gurley retire or something?
If you don't think Gurley is a high risk player you aren't paying attention. Also, I assume Gurley OWNERS are taking him wherever they draft? In my leagues he went #6 and #7 to the Gurley owner. I almost took him at #6, but needed TE more, so took TJH.
D3:
QB—Roethlisberger, Allen, Fitz, Hodges
RB—EE, Henry, Cohen, Mostert, JSamuels, Pollard, Boone, Gaskin
WR—MThomas, Chark, Diggs, Harry, Perriman, Hardman, Butler
TE—Witten, Doyle, Jonnu, Thomas
PK—Zuerlain
DEF—Ravens

D4:
QB—Watson, Winston, Fitzpatrick
RB—Conner, Cohen, Howard, DWilliams, JSamuels, Snell, CEdmonds, JJackson
WR—Hill, Allen, Golladay, Jeffery, Amendola, Miller, Dorsett, Butler, Watson
TE—Waller, Olsen, Thomas, Gesicki
PK—Gostkowski, Prater
DEF—Rams, Jags

User avatar
Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Posts: 4365
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:32 pm

Re: Sell Now Players!!!

Postby Bot101 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:27 am

wickerkat1212 wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:21 am
pvillebiker wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:09 am
Wow, Darrell Henderson just went 1.04 in one of my leagues. Did Gurley retire or something?
If you don't think Gurley is a high risk player you aren't paying attention. Also, I assume Gurley OWNERS are taking him wherever they draft? In my leagues he went #6 and #7 to the Gurley owner. I almost took him at #6, but needed TE more, so took TJH.
The Gurley owner in my home league passed on Henderson at 8 and took AJB. If I was the Gurley owner I would have taken Henderson there personally. In a class thats widely viewed as weak, having that level of insurance on my super star RB would give me peace of mind. However if I had that pick and did not own Gurley, I wouldnt take Henderson. Henderson ended up falling to 2.02 (12th overall), which I feel is great value.

Maintain
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu May 02, 2019 6:25 pm

Re: Sell Now Players!!!

Postby Maintain » Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:59 am

I'm a Gurley owner and had 1.4 and 1.7,1.8. I passed on Henderson early on because I thought it was too high for him. Definitely thought he would get to me at the later picks but was bleep blocked. It's the gamble you have to take sometimes. Hard to draft a backup when there's good starting talent right in front of you.


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: skinfanjon and 13 guests